Discussion: The Spread of Fascism/Theocracy/Authoritarianism

There’s two camps on the far right: those that say outright they want to get rid of democracy and those that don’t say it outright but also back any and all measures to restrict voting and throw out the votes of their perceived opponents.

A country going back to another form of government after a generation of dictatorship? Sure, sounds doable. 🙄

Anne Applebaum is an American imperialist. She consistently supports every major war effort.
She's right to sound the alarm.

I figured there would be an autocratic front trying to join forces.

Soon there will be no free democracy with a respectable military and that seems according to plan.

She's right to sound the alarm.

I figured there would be an autocratic front trying to join forces.

Soon there will be no free democracy with a respectable military and that seems according to plan.

Have we ever had a free democracy with a respectable military?

Yes when compared to most dictatorships.

I think you underrate the extent the colonialism and domination of the West around the world in the past few hundred years.

A few examples, the US overthrew democratically-elected governments in Iran in 1953, in Chile in 1973, and in Ukraine in 2014. The legacies are dismal, and a genuine democracy would not have done that.

More recently, France was getting a large discount on Niger's uranium. France got rich while a poor country stayed poor. Of course they kicked out the French and invited Russians.

A multipolar world order will be far better for the mass of humanity than simply having nearly all profits confiscated by ravenous Western elites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"