Discussion: The Supreme Court II

We know which spouse of which Justice leaked it. They just won't confirm it.

We know which spouse of which Justice leaked it. They just won't confirm it.
This is what I think, too. It isn't just minion they can blame and fire.

Honestly I don't even care who it was. They did us a favor by giving us a heads up about what these Jenks were going to do. Let the leaker go unpunished.

Honestly I don't even care who it was. They did us a favor by giving us a heads up about what these Jenks were going to do. Let the leaker go unpunished.
Not necessarily. The most likely cause of the leak was one of the conservative judges or their spouses and was done because they worried their majority was weakening or falling apart. They leaked the decision to ensure that the majority stayed put because the Court would never want to be seen as caving to public pressure and protests would get any equivocating judges to stick to their guns.

If they had not leaked the decision, the Court majority may have changed the decision substantially. It may not have changed the outcome of the cases itself, but it may have resulted in less strong reasoning invalidating Roe as a precedent and all of the subsequent cases build on the idea of an unwritten right to privacy in the Constitution.

Not necessarily. The most likely cause of the leak was one of the conservative judges or their spouses and was done because they worried their majority was weakening or falling apart. They leaked the decision to ensure that the majority stayed put because the Court would never want to be seen as caving to public pressure and protests would get any equivocating judges to stick to their guns.

If they had not leaked the decision, the Court majority may have changed the decision substantially. It may not have changed the outcome of the cases itself, but it may have resulted in less strong reasoning invalidating Roe as a precedent and all of the subsequent cases build on the idea of an unwritten right to privacy in the Constitution.
I was under the impression that the leak had a significant effect on the midterms and that's why it was done. Maybe I am mistaken....

We're creating an American ISIS. :(

ABA says one thing but the corrupt Federalist Society doesn’t care.

Anything a Democrat has endorsed the Republican SCOTUS will reject because they are politically biased and dropping the mask. They will find a way to let Republican agendas go through while denying anyone who doesn't fit their ideology suffer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"