The Defenders Disney Launching Their Own Streaming Service. Canceling Netflix Partnership.

Bullseye killed her in the comics the same way.

Bullseye killed her in the comics the same way.

Again the second movie which was Elektra's movie showed Electra to have this weird speed up move's she was able to perform and to be able to do a lot of things in which he shouldn't gotten close to her like premonition powers. this is the part that's baffling. the fact she was able to do this. that's what confused movie goers of the films.

and Ferrel was a lame portrayal sadly & he was a freaking bald weirdo that stood funny posture wise like the guys in the crow movies that are just punk's from the street.
in the the books, he stabbed her in a face to face battle in her gut . with her lunging at him in the books with a gut punch stabbing of her sai.Her gut.

not in behind grab & Taunt at DD. in a choke hold. with weird face reaction as he left. what the second movie showed that she was able to do. that's made people even more confused it's just best not talk about those movies. there's a reason every place like the tv show better.

Last edited:
that and the late Michael Clark Dunken admitted on Tom Arnold's show on the manly show on Espen the year after. that it was a terrible movie and for people to stop talking about it to him.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, Netflix put up some pretty major cash to co-produce these shows didn't they?

again the sceond movie which was eletra's movie showed Electra to have this weird speed up move's she was able to perform and to be able to do alot things in which he shouldn't gotten close to her like premonition powers. this is the part that's baffeling. the fact she was able to do this. that's what confused movie goers of the film's.

and ferrel was a lame portail sadly & he was a freaking bald werido tha stood funn posture wise like the guys inthe crow movies that are just punk's from street.
inthe the books he stabbed her in a face to face battle in her gut . with her lunging at him in the books with a gut punch stabbing of her sai .Her gut.

not in behind grab & Taunt at DD. in shoke hold. with weid face reaact as he left. what the second movie sh wed that she was able to do. that's made people even more confused it's just best not talk about those movies . there's a reason every place like the tv show better.

He wasn't a great Bullseye, but I'm pretty sure he knew it was gonna be **** and just chewed up the scenery. He had already signed up to do the role. I imagine he was like, "To hell with it. Sure...it's a paycheck and little else, but might as well have some fun with it."

What's gonna happen with the seasons they're already announced like DD season 3 and IF season 2? I can't see them holding those up with that much time before the split actually happens.

What's gonna happen with the seasons they're already announced like DD season 3 and IF season 2? I can't see them holding those up with that much time before the split actually happens.

the poster Dasher put this up the post over before I got into that talk about bullseye.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisha...n-deal-isnt-as-bad-as-fans-fear/#5ed81f5571f0

Looks like fears were unfounded. This was Walt Disney Pictures and Pixar, not Marvel Studios. Films distributed by Walt Disney Pictures are affected but not TV shows produced by Marvel.

Also says that Marvel Studios can produce new shows which means we may still get Moon Knight in the MCU.

And keep in mind that Daredevil's ratings are off the charts. It's 10 million viewers. Those are Game of Thrones numbers. Canceling one of the most popular TV shows on the air would be commercial suicide for both companies. Not leaving the door open for more TV shows on the network is also stupid since Moon Knight and Elektra are also popular characters.

We'll see what happen., but for now there's no split happening. It'll be a bad move anyway. they have the option if something goes wrong but it's not worth worrying about it now.

Last edited:
There's now talk of Marvel Studios films remaining on Netflix as well as well as Star Wars.

So what was the point of all this? Is this the biggest non-story of the year?

Or did cooler heads realize that Netflix is a big part of Disney's bottom line with Marvel/Netflix plus the major streaming film releases?

this is weird CBR put this up and just ran into this on newarama just let it tun it's course . I guess.

Walt-Disney-Studios-feature.jpg

Disney Pulling Films from Netflix, Plans Own Streaming Service
08.08.17 Disney will end its partnership with Netflix following the decision to launch its own streaming subscription service.Readmore

Last edited:
Based on the posting date, that version of the story is from several days ago when the story was "Disney is pulling out of Netflix." Now it's apparently no longer the case.

Anyway, does anyone feel like the Disney streaming service could use a Marvel series? I'm all in favor of Power Pack, Ms. Marvel or an animated Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur series hitting the service. Something aimed at small children and families, particularly young girls which is a demographic that the MCU hasn't targeted yet.

Perfect for the Streaming service.

Well its official. Marvel and SW films are gone from Netflix in 2019. The bigger news is the original content announcement. What kind of SW shows can we expect?

My hope is twofold with this.

1. That Marvel and Netflix still greenlight two more shows in Elektra and Moon Knight.

2. That the Disney streaming service gets some Marvel stuff. Namely Shang Chi, Power Pack and Marvel Horror. Shang Chi would be a bilingual show which would break the Disney streaming service into Chinese markets and serve as a continuation of Agents of SHIELD. Power Pack would be aimed at young children and be a natural fit for the Disney streaming platform. Marvel Horror would be Man-Thing, Ghost Rider, Blade and Werewolf by Night. Those are all series which would be aimed at an older audience but don't fit the street-level New York setting of other series. Ghost Rider and Werewolf by Night are set in LA, Blade takes place in new Orleans and Man-Thing is based in Miami.

But here's my worry.

Defenders and Punisher will not get renewed and Iron Fist Season 2 will be the final season of anything Marvel on Netflix. And honestly, it's likely.

I doubt they'll just cancel these shows. This whole thing is over distribution of films and tv produced by Disney. The Defender's series are produced byt Netflix, it's a separate deal. They is funding the series so Disney would just be refusing free money. Disney is only taking Not to mention the boost Marvel gets to comics and merchandise. There's no downside in continuing it.

Unless Disney want to make their own series using the characters I don't see them bothering that deal. And canceling popular shows to try and essentially reboot them is a risky deal. They will have much more success building an audience for their new platform on new shows. The only way I see this affecting Netflix is with which characters they get to use. For example, Disney might want to make a Moon Knight series so Netflix would be unable to feature him.

I doubt they'll just cancel these shows. This whole thing is over distribution of films and tv produced by Disney. The Defender's series are produced byt Netflix, it's a separate deal. They is funding the series so Disney would just be refusing free money. Disney is only taking Not to mention the boost Marvel gets to comics and merchandise. There's no downside in continuing it.

Unless Disney want to make their own series using the characters I don't see them bothering that deal. And canceling popular shows to try and essentially reboot them is a risky deal. They will have much more success building an audience for their new platform on new shows. The only way I see this affecting Netflix is with which characters they get to use. For example, Disney might want to make a Moon Knight series so Netflix would be unable to feature him.

Then why did Marvel cancel all X-Men merchandise up to and including keeping the X-Men out of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite?

Making X-Men merch off films that Fox makes is also practically printing money for Marvel. Marvel still aren't interested.

And after Homecoming 2 hits, I predict that Marvel will kick Sony to the curb and stop making any sort of Spider-Man merch and will possibly also cancel the comics.

And after Homecoming 2 hits, I predict that Marvel will kick Sony to the curb and stop making any sort of Spider-Man merch and will possibly also cancel the comics.

Spider generates over $1 billion annually in licensing revenue for the Mouse. So this isn't happening.

marvel already owned the full rights to spidey merch for a while i think

edit-since it is crime to be born disabled and have an oporion

Last edited:
let's see how much longer sony remains in exsistce.while i am no fan of homecoming the idea of putting spider-man in mcu while they try to do shared universe with other spider-man related charatcers where spider-man will never be seen or mentioned inless sony parts ways with disney after homecoming sequel is complete idiotcy.also these characters can never be used for spider-man films if the sony/disney deal continues.

since fox will never give up X-men you will never see X-men merchadize again.we will have to see what shape franchise is in after kinberg does dark phoenix.before long it may be turned into deadpool & X-force franchise.

if people really think disney will launch their own streaming service and will contune indefently working with netflix on tv shows i have car to sell them:whatever: cbs is allowing star trek to remain on netlfix because netflix is distributing discovery internationly.

this is terrable news for fans out there.because it is first step towards every studio having own streaming.netflix and hulu may eventully be forced out of streaming business.

This post is melodramatic and misinformed.

Firstly, you don't seem to understand the nature of what Hulu is. Hulu is not a business in the traditional sense. Hulu is a joint venture between Disney, Fox, NBC-Universal, and Turner. It makes no sense for them to stop providing content to Hulu. One such reason is that all of the companies have invested considerable monies and resources in Hulu. Pulling out of Hulu just flushes their investment down the drain. Further, Hulu makes them money through ad-revenue and subscriptions (rather than licensing fees). Also, it serves as a cable-alternative (something individual streaming services cannot do due to limited content). Its actually leading the charge of cable-alternatives. My point is, if Hulu folds, they all lose money.

And its not like one of the four can get out by selling their shares and let the others crumble. Its not a publicly traded company. Its a joint venture. Which means there is likely restrictions on one's ability to sell without approval of the others. Moreover, there would be no market for it. No investor would buy Disney's 30 % of Hulu (or any of the others') because such would indicate that Disney is about to pull content. If Disney were to do that, the others would as well and Hulu would become worthless. Why would any investor buy something when buying it literally makes what they have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on worthless?

Secondly, Netflix will be just fine. Netflix is moving away from streaming other people's movies and shows by design. Netflix's business model is intentionally pivoting. Netflix does not want to pay licensing fees that they have to re-up on every few years when they can, for the same cost, produce original content. Netflix is focusing on film and television distribution. That's their long-term plan. Not streaming stuff from other companies. That is why there has been such a drop in quality of non-original content on Netflix (at this point limited to a few A-list movies and then a bunch of old B and C-list stuff).

That said, Disney cannot unilaterally take shows like The Defenders, Daredevil and Jessica Jones off of Netflix. Disney can choose not to re-license their movies and ABC TV shows every year or two. But the first-run deal would be structured differently than a simple licensing fee agreement. Its more akin to a television network having distribution rights. Those are long-term contracts that Disney cannot simply break. Plus, why would they want to? If a production company has rights licensed to NBC and the show is very successful, the company isn't going to risk pulling it to move it to ABC and losing the audience (making it worthless).

Moreover, Disney would not want to totally burn their bridges with Netflix. No studio would. Netflix has something way too valuable: international distribution capabilities. Disney is making a domestic streaming service. Just like CBS. International streaming is a whole different ball game. There are so many hoops one must jump through to setup and maintain international streaming services. Netflix already has that in place in over 100 countries. That's why CBS is using Netflix for foreign distribution of Star Trek Discovery. Even for a massive entertainment conglomerate like National Amusements (which owns CBS, Viacom, Paramount, and others), international streaming is a massive undertaking. That simple fact is no less true for Disney.

Moreover, at the end of the day, aside from being a massive undertaking, its not a terribly profitable one. Due to restrictions, regulations, and lack of consumer purchase power in many foreign countries, international distribution just isn't that profitable. At least not for a company acting unilaterally (and therefore with limited content). It makes far more business sense for them to simply let Netflix serve as the go-to international streamer. It is profitable for Netflix because they don't have to worry about splitting the market and have tons of content from all major studios. No other company has that luxury of being a neutral distributor (that is to say, Fox isn't about to license their content to Disney to distribute or vice-versa). Netflix can do just that and that is why they can afford to keep an international model and turn a profit. So those companies just let Netflix do they heave lifting as they collect the licensing fees.

As such, Disney will be hesitant to totally burn any bridge with Netflix because DISNEY doesn't want to be blacklisted from international streaming by Netflix.

So yeah, none of those companies are going anywhere. The future of streaming is fine. Also, Sony is just fine. Their stocks have been steadily rising for the past 5 years. They never bounced back entirely from their post-9/11 market crash, but they aren't about to go under either. If anything, cable is what is in danger.

Finally, for the love of God dude, use spaces after your periods and begin sentences with capital letters. Your posts are already impossible to read due to their incoherent/misinformed nature...factor in the grammatical problems and its just awful. The shift key is your friend.

Last edited:
Then why did Marvel cancel all X-Men merchandise up to and including keeping the X-Men out of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite?

Making X-Men merch off films that Fox makes is also practically printing money for Marvel. Marvel still aren't interested.

I don't recall seeing that much X-men merchandise before Marvel Studios and it's not like it's gone completely I still see X-men stuff at stores occasionally. They simply start promoting properties they have 100% control of instead. Because of the MCU a bunch of previously unknown character are spiking in popularity while X-men has started to fall and Marvel is simply capitalizing on it. Striking while the iron's hot.

Spider generates over $1 billion annually in licensing revenue for the Mouse. So this isn't happening.
Exactly. Spider-man is by far the single most profitable Superhero in the world. The amount of revenue his products bring in eclipse all other character's even Batman(at least according to an article I read a few years ago).

Also, remember that these shows are coproductions with ABC. . . and ABC is ultimately owned by Disney. Choosing to screw Netflix on the Defenders would also be screwing themselves.

Links here say that Disney will remove their movies, I can't find talk about the shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"