• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Disney shuts down Lucasarts

Well now that Disney said they are outsourcing to other devs, there are many I would love to work on a Star Wars game.

Rockteady would be a great one.
Dream ones for me as well would be:

Bethesda
Raven/Monolith
Obsidian
Firaxis (I would love a Civ type game within the Star Wars universe)
Naughty Dog
Epic
Pandemic

Among others. But it will be interesting who comes to the franchise. Star Wars is a easy selling franchise especially when the new trilogy hits. Many devs would love to play in that sandbox.

Called it. Honestly, Lucasarts deserved to be shut down.

Great article by IGN on LucasArts

Though I admit I think it's great because it echoed a lot of things I've been saying the last few years: LucasArts, of all the major publishers has been one of the dumbest and most incompetent publishers of them all. The Force Unleashed games suck and I honestly don't care for the lego or kinect games at all. Worse enough, there hasn't been any sequels to any of their franchises that made them a success during the xbox/ps2/gc gen. No sequels to:

KOTOR
Battlefront
Republic Commando
Jedi Knight

And yet The Force Unleashed gets a f**king sequel. Say what you want about Activision, EA, Ubisoft, etc. At least they've released successful and popular games this gen. Lucasarts has been slipping so much. I know they have problems with the developer for Battlefront III, but they could have given another studio the opportunity instead of cancelling it. And 1313 can still be possible instead of cancelling it. LucasArts needs to get their s**t together.

Disney should do a fire sale. Of all the studios this gen, LucasArts have been by far the most disappointing. I don't understand how you don't make sequels to your most successful games (I know they had BF3 in the works but they stopped with the developer in which there's controversy over and didn't restart). This is the opposite extreme of what Activision does.

Let Rocksteady make the next Star Wars game.
People seem to aim every game project their direction these days
They did a decent job with Arkham Asylum, sharpened their tools mighty fine with Arkham City, but can they start AC sharp with Star Wars?

They did a decent job with Arkham Asylum, sharpened their tools mighty fine with Arkham City, but can they start AC sharp with Star Wars?

I mainly suggested them because they've shown they can take pre-existing material, stay true to the source and not just rely on brand name but actually make a game that's fun and well crafted. First time could have been luck, but second time proved they know what they are doing as a studio in my opinion...

They are the Nolan of video games.

Sad about 1313 but not really about Lucasarts. They have been meandering for a while now in the realm of mediocrity.

I mainly suggested them because they've shown they can take pre-existing material, stay true to the source and not just rely on brand name but actually make a game that's fun and well crafted. First time could have been luck, but second time proved they know what they are doing as a studio in my opinion...

They are the Nolan of video games.
They only worked on one brand, and made only one game before Batman
Highly praised Batman games don't exactly support equally praised games based on another franchise, don't rush to what might be a disappointment

Pretty much. I wish some people would realize they aren't a perfect match for every game just because they made one good series.

Thank you.

No, I mean... THEY SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE A SUPERMAN GAME!

They only worked on one brand, and made only one game before Batman
Highly praised Batman games don't exactly support equally praised games based on another franchise, don't rush to what might be a disappointment

Well said Aziz.

Don't get me wrong, they're good with Batman, but damn, I feel like they get too much praise and get suggested for every series aka the Brad Bird effect

I just hope Activision or EA does not get the license

I dont know why some of you think this can only mean good news. I hear "we want to license our games out" and i think Activision and EA with their movie properties. I know LA has been struggling recently, but they are responsible for some GREAT titles. Im not sure theyll be able to recreate that with the license model. I hope so tho, im hoping Disney is really committed to handing over their property for solid titles, rather than the Activsion cash grab model.

Well said Aziz.

Don't get me wrong, they're good with Batman, but damn, I feel like they get too much praise and get suggested for every series aka the Brad Bird effect

They did something no one else did, they made two FANTASTIC Batman games. They are clearly a talented dev team. They deff dont get too much praise. If anything, they get too little.

I dont know why some of you think this can only mean good news. I hear "we want to license our games out" and i think Activision and EA with their movie properties. I know LA has been struggling recently, but they are responsible for some GREAT titles. Im not sure theyll be able to recreate that with the license model. I hope so tho, im hoping Disney is really committed to handing over their property for solid titles, rather than the Activsion cash grab model.

They were responsible, 7, 8 years ago but this generation has been a complete letdown since the beginning of this generation.

Say what you want about Activision and EA. but at least they actually had hits both commercially and successfully.

They did something no one else did, they made two FANTASTIC Batman games. They are clearly a talented dev team. They deff dont get too much praise. If anything, they get too little.

There's no way Rocksteady gets too little praise. :funny:

Maybe they can, or maybe they can't. Honestly, my judgement is clouded by the fact that I'm actually tired of hearing their name get brought up for licenses.

They were responsible, 7, 8 years ago but this generation has been a complete letdown since the beginning of this generation.

Say what you want about Activision and EA. but at least they actually had hits both commercially and successfully.

Yea and i blame the upper management. Not allowing your teams to develop a sure winner in Battlefront 3? C'mon. Im still wary of the licensing out model, as everyone else should be too.

There's no way Rocksteady gets too little praise. :funny:

Maybe they can, or maybe they can't. Honestly, my judgement is clouded by the fact that I'm actually tired of hearing their name get brought up for licenses.

They're just a hot developer at the moment because they are recently riding high off two stellar developed titles. Im sure a lot of ppl wanna see what they can do outside of the Batman universe. I mean same goes for a studio like Naughty Dog or Sucker Punch. They've had nothing but hits lately, ppl wanna see them attached to their fav franchises.

Yea and i blame the upper management. Not allowing your teams to develop a sure winner in Battlefront 3? C'mon. Im still wary of the licensing out model, as everyone else should be too.

Agreed. It was a stupid choice by LucasArts to fully cancel Battlefront 3 even with all the problems with the developer. Give it to another developer and let them start from scratch.

None of the developers who made LucasArts what it was haven't been around in ten years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"