EA to develop Star Wars games

[looks at Mario Odyssey's sales]

Sure...

So has "linear" come to mean any game that isn't exclusively online multiplayer?

So has "linear" come to mean any game that isn't exclusively online multiplayer?
it's come to mean for Ea's management and SALE's PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE TOO DAMN LAZY AND don't HAVE THE SIGHT FOR IT.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it seems online Multiplayer is succeeding in turning games back into what they used to be. Shallow time killers with no story or depth.

Unfortunately it seems online Multiplayer is succeeding in turning games back into what they used to be. Shallow time killers with no story or depth.
I got this tonight from epic streams

EA Blames Visceral Games Closure On Market’s Disinterest In Linear ..11 hours ago |Tiny Diapana
EA’s decision to shut down Visceral Games became a cause for concern in the gaming community,
especially when the company commented saying that they…
Read more

source:
http://epicstream.com/

As the video stated she left some time agon abnd has start her own studio.

hqdefault.jpg

Big News from Marvel and DC! - The Rundown - Electric Playground

1.2K views1 day ago Published on 06/28/2018
Today in the Rundown, we discuss the news about Jared Leto starring in a new Morbius movie from Marvel and Sony! We also find out when you'll be able to play the new game[ Marvel Powers United VR, have some very cool details about DC's new subscription streaming platform DC Universe, find out why the next Jumanji movie is going up against Star Wars: Episode 9, and finally, have some sad news from the world of Star Wars video games.

Also confirming the video news last segment above

Uncharted’s Amy Hennig has left EA, and that Star Wars game is looking “pretty different”

1 day agoComments 5

Star Wars meets Uncharted has been a pretty compelling pitch even since the ill-fated 1313, and it seemed we’d finally get just that when Amy...Read more

source: EPN.tv&PCGN

Last edited:
I'm sure EA wants to turn it into some sort of "live services " loot box POS. I wish Disney would kick EA to the curb. EA doesnt deserve the star wars brand.

EA needs to go. Did you guys see the BF2 road map?

h2-noscale.jpg

This is a really poor showing. Not only was there nothing new to announce, dates have already slipped backward from initial reveals. The team working on this "live service" must be a skeleton crew to produce content so slowly. Look how badly they've tried to fill the space. Listing tweaks and fixes, and August is so barren they resorted to a picture for half the box haha.

It really sucks because after the initial fallout, the progression system has been fixed and the game is actually pretty solid. There's even a micro-transaction system in place that no-one can really moan about, but post launch support has been so limited that there is nothing worth buying. The game could be better and thriving if EA gave a crap.

New Details on Nintendo Theme Parks! - The Rundown - Electric Playground

1.7K views1 week ago Published on 9 Jul 2018

Today in the Rundown, we have new details about Nintendo theme parks, and how they might integrate with Nintendo video games! We also get the first details on Warframe for the Switch, find out how big Ant-Man and the Wasp is in theatres, have the latest from Bothan spies about the new Star Wars game from EA, go to hell and back with Darksiders 3, and finally, learn when you'll be able to play Monster Hunter World on the PC!

Confimring the Video above AQbout the assetes of the game and jade Raymond trying take over what left of it in honor of amy henniog's work

3TB of assets from Visceral’s Star Wars game may still be used

7 days agoComments 3

Visceral’s Star Wars game isn’t Visceral’s Star Wars game anymore - not since EA closed the studio and moved development to its Vancouver...Read more

Also with

Jade Raymond is designing EA's next big IP to be "handed off to fans"

4 days ago

Having birthed a multimedia sensation for Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed, Jade Raymond has been asked to do the same thing again for EA, and it...Read more

source: EPN.tv&PCGN

Last edited:

[YT]shcLGbMvcQY[/YT]

New Details on Nintendo Theme Parks! - The Rundown - Electric Playground

1.7K views1 week ago Published on 9 Jul 2018

Today in the Rundown, we have new details about Nintendo theme parks, and how they might integrate with Nintendo video games! We also get the first details on Warframe for the Switch, find out how big Ant-Man and the Wasp is in theatres, have the latest from Bothan spies about the new Star Wars game from EA, go to hell and back with Darksiders 3, and finally, learn when you'll be able to play Monster Hunter World on the PC!

Confimring the Video above AQbout the assetes of the game and jade Raymond trying take over what left of it in honor of amy henniog's work

3TB of assets from Visceral’s Star Wars game may still be used

7 days agoComments 3

Visceral’s Star Wars game isn’t Visceral’s Star Wars game anymore - not since EA closed the studio and moved development to its Vancouver...Read more

Also with

Jade Raymond is designing EA's next big IP to be "handed off to fans"

4 days ago

Having birthed a multimedia sensation for Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed, Jade Raymond has been asked to do the same thing again for EA, and it...Read more

source: EPN.tv&[FONT=Roboto !important]PCGN[/FONT]
What do Jade Raymond and Nintendo Parks have to do with Star Wars?

Isn't Jade working on Star Wars, or that was at least the rumor? I have no idea about Nintendo Parks.

What do Jade Raymond and Nintendo Parks have to do with Star Wars?
Isn't Jade working on Star Wars, or that was at least the rumor? I have no idea about Nintendo Parks.
I got this via my Iphone 6 plus at work. Bingo, Jade is indeed working on a star wars game and her studio at EA was near Amy Hennig's studio before latter's game as shut down ,it's the 4th segtment.

And she worked for Victor Lucas when she was working in the early day's of assasin's creed 4 year plus (while she was a produer) and the video state's that Jade's EA studio have the asset's to hennig's game.

which is "why I also have word's in red & in bold) that vile put in quotes there Explaining that with later from PCGN .

Anyway I'm leaving in october over stuff like that among other reason's.

EPN .tv the Run down is no different then IGN's the Fix or other's like it. like the people formerly known as game trailers .tv review crew who are now the easy allies. who are doing the same thing as EPN.tvand have even done let's play's with him.

Hell Even Geoff K got his start working for him.

Last edited:
Not anymore, as she is leaving EA.
Hmm ,she just recently left. Good lord , seem's Ea waisted her time too . EA brought her there for nothing. It's a real shame

hqdefault.jpg

Wonder Woman Sequel Delayed & Disneyland Digs Indy - The Rundown - Electric Playground

827 views 14 hours agoPublished on 10/24/2018

Today in the Rundown, we discuss rumours about new Indiana Jones-themed worlds coming to Disneyland! We also talk about the delay of the next Wonder Woman movie, find out what classic horror franchise is getting the reboot, have some troubling news about the future of Star Wars games from EA, and finally, learn what's on the way from Borderlands developer Gearbox!

Confirming thevideo above which was the fourth segment in there on Former EPN.tv correispodent and video game producer Jade Ray

star-wars-ragtag-213x120.jpg

Jade Raymond leaves EA Motive, the studio helping put Visceral’s Star Wars back together

1 day ago
Jade Raymond has left EA. After founding Motive Studios under the publisher three years ago, Raymond is on the way out for as-yet-unnamed new ventures. Samantha Ryan will now oversee the studio, alongside the mobile, BioWare, and Maxis divisions she currently presides over.

Raymond is best known to gamers as the public face of the original Assassin’s Creed, and she was one of the key forces in bringing that game to life. As executive producer of new IP at Ubisoft, she oversaw the launches of Watch Dogs and The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot. Before that, she had a stint at Electronic Arts as a producer on The Sims Online.

She returned to EA in 2015 to found Motive Studios, a division that would help work on Visceral’s Star Wars game and work on new IPs. With Visceral shut down and a retooling of that game in the works at various EA Studios, Motive’s only shipped product is Star Wars Battlefront II – another title they played a support role on. What new IP Motive was or is working on remains unclear....Read more

Also with

1 day ago
Jade Raymond, Head Of EA's Motive Studios, Leaves Electronic Arts
As announced today by Electronic Arts—Jade Raymond, head of EA's Motive Studio, has stepped down from her position and will be replaced by EA Mobile's Samantha Ryan.Read more

source: EPN.tv ,PCGN&GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

Last edited:
Someone needs to buy EA and clean out all their dumb execs. They are laying waste to so many previously strong IPs.

I wish Bioware would split from EA.

But all the people that made Bioware what it was are already gone. Bioware of today is basically Bioware in name only. Them splitting from EA wouldn't really matter, since I doubt any of the old Bioware staff would return. And even if they would, EA would probably keep all the IPs we actually care about.

But all the people that made Bioware what it was are already gone. Bioware of today is basically Bioware in name only. Them splitting from EA wouldn't really matter, since I doubt any of the old Bioware staff would return. And even if they would, EA would probably keep all the IPs we actually care about.
true....... :(

true....... :(

Actually, that's not entirely true. Casey Hudson is back and is actually the general manager of Bioware, ie. he has taken the Docs' position. If it wasn't for the evil overlord, EA, I think Casey would be a fine successor to the Docs. The question is how much autonomy he actually has. Although he is just as responsible for Mass Effect 3's horrible ending as Mac Walters, he is also responsible for most of Bioware's best output since Baldur's Gate. He was project director on KOTOR, Jade Empire, Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3 (the first 80% of which is great). The guy's batting average is almost as good as Gabe Newall's... well, back when Valve actually made games.

Bioware only has one fate if they remain with EA: shutdown. It's not even a matter of IF but a matter of WHEN. EA will eventually shutdown Bioware, raid its corpse, and everything they dont want will be left to rot.

And if you aren't making a "games as a service", then you aren't working for EA.

we'll have to see how Anthem and the next Dragon Age game turn out to see if Bioware has returned to form after DAI and MEA.

Bioware only has one fate if they remain with EA: shutdown. It's not even a matter of IF but a matter of WHEN. EA will eventually shutdown Bioware, raid its corpse, and everything they dont want will be left to rot.

Sadly, that is true. I still remember when they did that to Westwood back in the early days. I can never forgive them for that. I still cannot understand why the Docs would sell to EA. Although Activision and Microsoft's track records are little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"