Star Wars (Respawn Entertainment)

Finished up the game this weekend (playing on XBoxOne). Really enjoyed it. Like others, there were some glitchy moments, noticed if I was playing for a long period of time then the textures when walking into an area would take longer to load. Every now and then when entering a new area the game would freeze briefly (I think someone else mentioned waiting 1-3 minutes? it wasn't that long for me, more like 10 seconds or so, but still). Also, is anyone else annoyed by the fact that when you go to the Load Game screen, you can't delete the data from a save slot? I know they give you like 6 or something save slots, but still, if (for example) you have game that majorily glitched and has you stuck (like I've heard some people unable to move forward at all if their game glitches within the AT-AT on Kashyyyk)/becomes a useless save game... you can't get rid of it and just it?

Anywho.... I picked up all the chests and secrets, I think technically there are some areas on a couple of the maps that are only like 97-98% explored, but I'm not too concerned on that. Most annoying map for me when looking at BD-1's holomap, I think, was Zeffo and that was mainly because it's such a massive map, but not just that it's that the levels are much more on top of each other quite a few areas and so trying to figure out where you need to go to get up or down to another level/figure out where it is you haven't been yet, isn't always as easy as it is on some of the other worlds.

Have to say, I wouldn't mind a spin-off game or something where you get to play as Merrin

I did have...
Vader appearing
spoiled to me because of Youtube (a recommended video on my main Youtube page). But it didn't detract from my enjoyment of that whole ending climax of the game.

I'll probably replay this again in a couple months (have to lap my manager, yet again, on the Tomb Raider games first, I'm about halfway through my 3rd or 4th playthrough of Rise which will then lead to my 3rd playthrough of Shadow where as he hasn't finished his 1st playthrough of Shadow - I have to dig it in with him when I can *lol*)

I hope we get a sequel. It would be cool if they ditched the skill tree, and just gave us a true RPG leveling system. Or have different light sabers that do different damage, etc. You just need a little more variety that's not just cosmetic.

Off topic but I've been playing DC Universe Online, Destiny 2, Star Trek Online and Star Wars Battlefront II while watching star wars films these last two days and now I really want a new star wars mmorpg on consoles so bad!

A sequel to Star Wars Galaxies or Star Wars: The Old Republic on next gen would get me so hooked!

Had some time this weekend to finally finish the main story, was great. Really an awesome game loved the story. I never experienced any glitches except slight freezing sometimes going into areas on Kashyyyk. It would freeze for maybe 3 seconds but that’s it.

I did have that big moment at the end spoiled for my by a YouTube video, but it still gave me chills honestly. The music during that scene was perfect. The score overall for this game was great. I’ve got just two more trophies left for the platinum so I’ll work on that.

Hopefully with the sequel they’ll add a little bit more in terms of side things to do. Perhaps some side quests, something extra to keep you busy especially after you beat the main story. I did basically everything before the final boss have had Cal fully upgraded for a good while now and was trophy hunting. I’m sure they’ll expand more in the next game.

So i got the game on christmas and played it a bit till now, not too far yet because im surprisingly slowly going through this...which is mainly due to the fact that i stay often at the same place to respawn stormtroopers just to kill them, that is fun. XD

It makes me miss the force unleashed, god how i loved that game.
They could give me 5 of those a year and i would buy it all, this and the force unleashed is my jam in terms of star wars games.
Having those beautiful levels with interesting layout and stuff, being able to use lightsaber and the force to make my way through it...its such a cool thing.

We waste so much time not having 15-20 star wars games a year, there is so much endless potential in the star wars universe for all kinds of games.
From shooters over to flying games, strategy...hell even racing games could work.

But anyway, im still a bit clunky at fallen order due to it being souls like...a genre im not really into anymore because im tired of having to stop my own rythm and having to focus on a single enemy and their style and pattern.
But im slowly getting the hang of it, its not perfect but its still fun getting used to the rythm and all.

Which is the star wars game that got cancelled by EA? is a possible sequel to Fallen Order the last remaining game in development from the original plans since the EA deal?

I was initially down on this game before release as it looked rather rough in everything I saw, but I got it for Christmas and loved it. Memorable characters, fun gameplay, and I just get a kick out of the
nightsisters stuff. Merrin is a nice inclusion and I like tying her back to Clone Wars' Massacre, and they did a fantastic job realizing Dathomir in a more live action-looking aesthetic.

Last edited:
This might be the most random mod I have ever seen :funny:

'Star Wars Battlefront II' Modder Adds Pope John Paul II As Playable Character
thumbnail

When do you all think the game will be added to EA Access ?

This might be the most random mod I have ever seen :funny:

'Star Wars Battlefront II' Modder Adds Pope John Paul II As Playable Character
thumbnail

Some people should be forbidden from having too much free time. XD

Two things:

1. If and when Fallen Order 2 is released, I hope there are more worlds to explore and customization to your attire and ship. After I finished Fallen Order, I felt like there was little replay value after you find all the items, but it would be great to have a "survival" mode of some kind that allows for more upgrades/unlocks.

2. I'm still waiting for a Jedi Academy and/or Knights of the Old Republic reboot but on the scope of Mass Effect. Disney has owned the property since 2015 and we have yet to get an open world game that allows you to create a character and pick a path. I'm expecting in the next generation consoles to have something that lets you choose between Jedi, Sith, or bounty hunter. But given the success of The Mandalorian, I can see the canceled Boba Fett game resurfacing first.

Two things:

1. If and when Fallen Order 2 is released, I hope there are more worlds to explore and customization to your attire and ship. After I finished Fallen Order, I felt like there was little replay value after you find all the items, but it would be great to have a "survival" mode of some kind that allows for more upgrades/unlocks.

2. I'm still waiting for a Jedi Academy and/or Knights of the Old Republic reboot but on the scope of Mass Effect. Disney has owned the property since 2015 and we have yet to get an open world game that allows you to create a character and pick a path. I'm expecting in the next generation consoles to have something that lets you choose between Jedi, Sith, or bounty hunter. But given the success of The Mandalorian, I can see the canceled Boba Fett game resurfacing first.
I’d be so down if they brought back 1313 from the dead. Doesn’t even have to be about Boba Fett, just have Mando be the protagonist

Also, I’d like to see EA do some HD remakes of classic Star Wars games kinda like what Capcom has been doing with the Resident Evil franchise. There’s so many games to choose from that I’m willing to bet would be top sellers. Would love to see updated versions of Rogue Squadron, Shadows of the Empire, Dark Forces, KOTOR, Rebel Assault, etc.

I’d be so down if they brought back 1313 from the dead. Doesn’t even have to be about Boba Fett, just have Mando be the protagonist

Also, I’d like to see EA do some HD remakes of classic Star Wars games kinda like what Capcom has been doing with the Resident Evil franchise. There’s so many games to choose from that I’m willing to bet would be top sellers. Would love to see updated versions of Rogue Squadron, Shadows of the Empire, Dark Forces, KOTOR, Rebel Assault, etc.
Yeah, plenty of material there for them to make a quick buck from and that would be popular with many fans.

Two things:

I honestly have little use for created character games. I'd much rather have something like Jed Knight and Jedi Knight 2. I'd like some HD remasters or updates of those games.

I honestly have little use for created character games. I'd much rather have something like Jed Knight and Jedi Knight 2. I'd like some HD remasters or updates of those games.

To me it comes down to how they handle a created a character.
I dont want some weird looking, mute character.
I dont need 100% custom characters, im fine with deciding how the character looks but have the game dictate the characters attitude and stuff.

What good does it when i create a character visual when he has no personality or so.
Its what i liked about Jedi Academy, the character still was somewhat unique despite me being able to choose how he looks first.

But i rather have the developer create a character for me than one i create on my own that has no personality and makes me care not for the story.

Wasnt jedi outcast remastered or so recently? I thought i heard something about that.

I've been rewatching this Clone Wars animated series lately, and I'm not too far into Season 5, but there's an episode called "The Gathering" where we follow younglings that are going to get their first lightsaber. The planet they go to is Ilum. I thought that was awesome. The game did a great job adapting it as well. I know it's just an Ice Cave... but still, thought that was awesome.

Can anybody tell me how it is with the Star wars License rights when it comes to video games?
WB will make a Lego star wars game, but i always thought EA has exclusive rights to that?

Will Disney loosen that or so?

Im asking because i just found out that freaking koei tecmo is interested since 2014 in making a Star Wars musou game and im sitting here thinking: "Why the **** has nobody gave them the okay"

Seriously, a Musou game in the star wars universe? how freaking cool would that be.

But also in general i see a lot of developers with great potential for Star wars while EA hasnt done all that much with the license in recent years.
So im wondering how long the contract remains with EA and all that.

It all depends on how happy LFL is with EA. Who is sure to be tossing truck loads of money to keep it to themselves. Even despite starting an international look at loot boxes.

Yeah, I hope Fallen Order is a sign of the quality to come.

Really liked this game but I always wonder what a SW (Jedi based) game would be like if done such as the Shadow of Mordor series.

Having a big world (Universe in this case) that you can travel around have a nemesis system and such. Wont happen but would be nice I think.

Still waiting for the game to be added to EA Access

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"