Star Wars (Respawn Entertainment)

Dark_Lord

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
Just announced.

"The Force is Strong with EA

At EA right now, we have multiple studios building a variety of great Star Wars games spanning different genres. We are all united by our teams’ passion for Star Wars™ stories, characters, and adventures.

Today, I’m thrilled to be able to announce that EA and the talented team at Respawn Entertainment have expanded our relationship to include the development of an all-new 3rd person action adventure game set in the Star Wars universe. They join our other great studios – Visceral Games, DICE, Capital Games, BioWare, Motive and more – who are currently working on Star Wars projects."

More at EA.com

Hopefully there's an announcement trailer or something at E3

Interesting. I think this will be the first non-fps these guys have made.

EA won't be at E3. They're doing their own conference like a weekish before E3.

Then I hope they have something for it in their conference whenever it is, I'll be fine with just a logo or a cgi teaser like Battlefront's E3 teaser a few years ago since it seems this game is in early development

Interesting. I think this will be the first non-fps these guys have made.

And wasn't Titan Fall mp/online focused? Action Adventure game seems like story campaign to me.

Hmmm, we'll see.

is this Amy Henning's new game?
Shouldn't be. I believe she is working with Visceral.

My theory would be this is someways off, and potentially the revival of 1313, to go along with the 2020 Boba Fett flick.

I wonder which new sw game is coming first because this does seem like in its early stages. I guess we'll find out in a few weeks during their conference since I bet there will be a star wars presentation where they talk about Battlefront dlc and future games

I'm going to guess Visceral's game is next. They were doing a lot of teasing last year.

I'm going to guess Visceral's game is next. They were doing a lot of teasing last year.
Yep, and they have been heavily implying it is a Han Solo game. Would fit perfectly with the window for the Han Solo film.

Yep, and they have been heavily implying it is a Han Solo game. Would fit perfectly with the window for the Han Solo film.

I thought there were hints and rumors of it being an open world action game, or was that Bioware game?

I thought there were hints and rumors of it being an open world action game, or was that Bioware game?
Haven't heard much about Bioware. Must have missed it. But all the talk for the Visceral game is a third person action game, and they have showing a lot of Han Solo stuff.

Just announced.

"The Force is Strong with EA

At EA right now, we have multiple studios building a variety of great Star Wars games spanning different genres. We are all united by our teams’ passion for Star Wars™ stories, characters, and adventures.

Today, I’m thrilled to be able to announce that EA and the talented team at Respawn Entertainment have expanded our relationship to include the development of an all-new 3rd person action adventure game set in the Star Wars universe. They join our other great studios – Visceral Games, DICE, Capital Games, BioWare, Motive and more – who are currently working on Star Wars projects."

More at EA.com

I like where this is going.

Now they just need to announce the KOTOR collection remaster.. And I'll be a happy camper.

Sweeeet. Bring on the AAA Star Wars games! None of that Lego garbage.

I'm kind of hoping we get a Dark Forces style game.

Bring back Kyle Katarn! I miss the Jedi Chuck Norris. :(

Haven't heard much about Bioware. Must have missed it. But all the talk for the Visceral game is a third person action game, and they have showing a lot of Han Solo stuff.

I thought the Bioware game was just them adding stuff to The Old Republic? I didnt think they were actually making a stand alone SW game. I mean with Mass Effect in development, how thin can they spread that studio?

According to rumors up to january, the bioware game will be an open world rpg.

If it's just dlc for Old Republic, it would have been announced by now.

So if rumors are right, I'm guessing it will be very similar to Mass Effect or it'll be a new KOTOR for pc AND consoles

I thought the Bioware game was just them adding stuff to The Old Republic? I didnt think they were actually making a stand alone SW game. I mean with Mass Effect in development, how thin can they spread that studio?

Bioware consists of three studios, all bearing the Bioware name. They can handle it. Its my understanding that Bioware Montreal is doing the primary work on Mass Effect: Andromeda and Bioware Edmonton is handling Star Wars. Bioware Austin is working on Old Republic

Yeah there was rumor of Bioware working on a separate game years ago. However if it is true that the Visceral one is a Han Solo one, I bet/hope it will be akin to Jedi Knight. Since we have the one that will be a pure shooter I could see them making a Jedi style game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"