Disney shuts down Lucasarts

Are you speaking about The Clone Wars or Young Indiana Jones Chronicles? There was a Young Indiana Jones game on the Genesis/Mega Drive and NES. And there was Clone Wars games released on the Wii/DS and 360/PS3/PS2.

The Clone Wars games were kinda very low quality though.

I was talking about Clone Wars. Yeah I know about those games but they were awful. There's such a huge universe that the show created it would have been so easy to make a hundred games about it.

Oh, god no. That can stay in this generation.
Personally, I want to see TFU finished also. The first game was quite fun honestly. I thought the second sucked all kinds of ass, but they did leave it on a giant cliffhanger, and since the story was ok, I'd like to see that finished in an actually quality title.

I'm with TDM. The first one was awesome. Second one was meh, but the ending has to be resolved.

Thanks to Marv for this. Ya so the game was never quite solid. They really seemed to have no idea what to do with it.

Star Wars 1313 was always in danger of not being made, a source has told Kotaku. The tipster claimed LucasArts had doubts about the third-person shooter long before Disney closed LucasArts yesterday.

"They ended up with movie tech that wouldn't fit in a game, and game tech that wouldn't fit in a movie," the source said. "1313 was always in danger of not being made."

In addition, the source claims after Star Wars creator George Lucas saw the game, he decided that it should focus on Boba Fett, a bounty hunter whose story was told in the original Star Wars movies.

The source also released a new concept art image to Kotaku. It shows Boba Fett and a squad of teammates in a sprawling city.

Though LucasArts has ceased production on Star Wars 1313, the game could live on. The studio said yesterday that it is seeking out "proven" external partners who can help bring the game to market. "There's always a possibility that [Star Wars 1313] can still come out via licensing," the company said.

Star Wars 1313 was announced at a pre-Electronic Entertainment Expo event last year. After its initial unveiling, nothing was heard about the game until October. It was then that Disney purchased the Star Wars brand and said all LucasArts games would continue development unabated.

This was reportedly not the case, as past reports claim all LucasArts hiring and game announcements were frozen in the weeks and months following Disney's buyout.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/star-wa...report-6406402

1313 always seemed more like hardcore fanfic than anything.

after seeing that i am sort of glad 1313 didn't get made then. could have been a Colonial Marines mess all over again.

I never saw the appeal of 1313. It was just going to be Uncharted in the Star Wars universe which eh, I'm not a big Uncharted guy. If you're going to look at one game to inspire a Star Wars game it should be Mass Effect, I'd kill for a Mass Effect type game in the Star Wars universe

Personally, I want to see TFU finished also. The first game was quite fun honestly. I thought the second sucked all kinds of ass, but they did leave it on a giant cliffhanger, and since the story was ok, I'd like to see that finished in an actually quality title.

I'd like to see TFU finished as well. I think it would have been better if they had just left it at one game though, both in terms of story and how disappointing TFU2 was. To me there's a need to see that tied up and I did enjoy TFU even with its flaws.

I never saw the appeal of 1313. It was just going to be Uncharted in the Star Wars universe which eh, I'm not a big Uncharted guy. If you're going to look at one game to inspire a Star Wars game it should be Mass Effect, I'd kill for a Mass Effect type game in the Star Wars universe

I'm the opposite. I think the adventure game that 1313 looked to be is far more interesting than a Mass Effect-like game. I think an action adventure game would more easily capture the look and feel of the films than a Mass Effect-like game.

Though it's a shame to hear about some of the possible details about its production. By the sounds of it 1313 could have been another TFU2. Which probably speaks volumes about why LucasArts is closing.

A sad day indeed, but to be honest, the 90's was the hey day of Lucasarts. Most games after that were made by 3rd party developers, so it makes sense to just license out the franchise, rather than work in house.

Full Throttle, Sam n Max, Rebel Assault I and II, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, Tie Fighter, Alliance, you will all be missed.

Oh ya in the 90's Lucas Arts were among the best. I still have a lot of my games from them, TIE Fighter, X-Wing, X-Wing Alliance. Dark Forces I and 2. Monkey Island, The Dig, Full Throttle Sam n Max, Grim Fandango. They made some amazing games many years ago. It would be nice if they gave a lot of those properties back to Tim.

I still want Jedi Power Battles games for the other movies damn it

Oh ya in the 90's Lucas Arts were among the best. I still have a lot of my games from them, TIE Fighter, X-Wing, X-Wing Alliance. Dark Forces I and 2. Monkey Island, The Dig, Full Throttle Sam n Max, Grim Fandango. They made some amazing games many years ago. It would be nice if they gave a lot of those properties back to Tim.

I still have yet to play Grim Fandango and Full Throttle. I want the physical discs dangit! This will be the year I will attempt to own everything by Lucasarts in honor of them. Starting with Tie Fighter. :cool:

I still want Jedi Power Battles games for the other movies damn it

Me too...me too. :(

When I was a kid I got a big boxed set of Lucasarts games on the old floppy disks. It had Monkey Island (the first one), Zak McKracken, Maniac mansion, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and (one of my favorite games) Loom. I never could beat Indiana Jones or Zak Mckracken but I beat the other three many times over. Loom was the game that actually got me into story based games over just running around destroying everything, I actually cried a bit when I beat it because it was just so depressing and sad. If they had remade Loom (or any of the canceled sequels) I would have bought them in a second.

Here's what the box art looked like when my father gave it to me.

lucasarts.jpg

I'll miss those types of games. I always had a soft spot for the old point and click games.

Last edited:
an upside i see of this is that hopefully Disney ports over a bunch of Lucasarts games to the PSN & XBL

Sounds to be like 1313 was LucasArts spending money on some tech they never used in films and rather than let it go to waste they threw together a game around the tech...which would have meant a rather poor game.

Here something fun when Geoff (before he became the host of GT) worked for EPD.TV/ RTOR on one of their look backs with Lucasarts.

Features

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith takeover of LucasArts

Victor and Geoff infiltrate the LucasArts in a plot to get the details of the final Star Wars video game.

Source: EPD.tv/ ROTR

oh yeah Btw it's been said that a dev that left called Hayden blackmen was the reason the games were good prior to his leaving the studio And then the studio went Down hill. it's a shame would have been cool to how the studeo would have turned out had he stayed.

Last edited:
The Last Months Of LucasArts (And A Glimpse Of Battlefront III)

In November, just after purchasing LucasFilm, Disney CEO Bob Iger held a company-wide meeting.

During the meeting, according to a source in attendance, a few people asked what was going on. What was going to happen to them? What was the future of LucasArts, the LucasFilm subsidiary and 30-year-old video game studio responsible for a number of beloved games?

“It’s business as usual,” Iger answered, according to our source.

Six months later, Disney shut down LucasArts. All games in production were cancelled. Business as usual.

There's also video of what appears to be early Battlefront III in that article. Dammit.

Never trust the current head of Disney.

i REALLY do hope Disney takes 1313, First Assault, and what would have been Battlefront 3 to other developers

doesn't Disney know how much $$$ they can make making Star Wars and Indiana Jones games?? such a huge fanbase

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"