Disney To Remake Cult-Favorite Atlantis The Lost Empire In Live Action!

They are really desperate for live-action remakes now that they've done the biggest films of the Disney Renaissance.

YES. I love the original and it takes some balls to remake a financial failure into possibly a better and more successful film. A worthy experiment in my eyes.

They haven’t done Pocahontas yet. I’m waiting for that one

If there was any Disney animated film to remake, it would be this one.

I enjoyed this when I was younger, but it definitely suffered from having a cornucopia of story threads and ideas it wanted to explore in a very short runtime that didn’t allow for it. Taking those concepts and readapting them, preferably in a longer form storytelling, 6-8 episode series on Disney+, would work much better.

If there was a Michael J Fox role that Tom Holland was destined to play, it’s actually this one.

While we’re fancasting, Daisy Ridley would make a great Helga Sinclair. Could bring that femme fatale-type energy, and also has great physical presence in fights.

Someone like Brad Pitt would make an awesome Commander Rourke. A well established modern actor who can play a believably likable and commanding American military type with a charming smile on his face, but can also turn on a dime and stab you in the back with that same smile. Also, Brad Pitt is the right age, so there’s that.

This will be so dope. Like stated above, Milo is the role meant for Tom Holland. Yara Shahidi would kill it as Kida.

They haven’t done Pocahontas yet. I’m waiting for that one

You and I both. If they really want to be brave and get people talking do that one lol.

Waiting for live action Toy Story too.

Last edited:
Treasure Planet > Atlantis

I like them both very much.
But an Atlantis remake could be great. Hopefully set in early 1900 like the original and not in the present.
I was watching Journey to the center of the Earth lately and enjoyed it a lot. Someone should‘ve made a remake with better effects, not like the aweful remake with Brenda Fraser.

I rather see a real Atlantis film, not anything like the childish Disney version.
Saw it for the first time a couple of years ago, I was so disapointed.
This will be so dope. Like stated above, Milo is the role meant for Tom Holland
Maybe. But he probably won't get it. He might be too obvious for the part.

re-posting from the other thread...
Rather than a straight remake, I would rather they just continue it, follow the already established and formed crew of the Ulysses (which has by now recruited Kida as one of them, and incorporated some of the Atlantis crystal powered tech. into their own still steam-punk-era Ulysses ) ...As they now pursue the next "lost civilization" myth, ancient mysteries, cryptozoology legends, paranormal discoveries, and adventures. (pretty much the canceled tv premise continued as a film franchise)
Just c
all it Atlantis; Above .....and Beyond

Last edited:
Is Don Novello still acting? He could reprise his role as Vinny.

This might be a more successful adaptation than Hercules since it's a straight action story and won't require a lot of retooling.

Nice news. It's one of my fav Disney movie.
Put a steam punk submarine in a movie and I'm in anyways.

If there was a Michael J Fox role that Tom Holland was destined to play, it’s actually this one.
I think Holland has even gone on record and said that he'd like to play Milo. Considering he's been in with Disney for about five years now, I'd be shocked if he didn't get it. It makes as much sense as Josh Gad playing LeFou in Beauty and the Beast.

I rather see a real Atlantis film, not anything like the childish Disney version.

Childish is a strong word. Atlantis is one of the darkest Disney animated films. Apart from a few of the comedic side characters, there was basically nothing to appeal to small kids. There's no singing, no cute animal sidekicks and it's pretty violent at times.

This might be a more successful adaptation than Hercules since it's a straight action story and won't require a lot of retooling.
Financially? I doubt it. Even though Hercules is among the less popular Disney Renaissance films, it's still more known than the later 2D animated films like Atlantis or Treasure Planet.

Is Don Novello still acting? He could reprise his role as Vinny.

I swear, if they try and turn Hercules into a straight action story...

source.gif

Anyway, this is the type of Disney film that is perfect for the remake era, something that never quite reached it's full potential the first time around. Hopefully this paves the way for Treasure Planet and The Black Cauldron. And IMO, if we want a Spider-man for Milo, Andrew Garfield would be my choice over Holland.

Childish is a strong word. Atlantis is one of the darkest Disney animated films. Apart from a few of the comedic side characters, there was basically nothing to appeal to small kids. There's no singing, no cute animal sidekicks and it's pretty violent at times.
I found the tone and the look quite Disney-like even it the film lacks the elements you mention.

Either Will Smith or Boris Kodjoe could be Sweet.

I’d age Audrey up and let Rosie Perez or even JLo have a shot at her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"