Transformers Do you think the Transformers movie will spawn a new cartoon?

Lunar_Wolf

WTF face
Reaction score
As far as I know there hasn't been a Transformers series since 2004. For awhile now I've been wondering if the will make a new Transformers series. I would like a new one based on G1. But change some aspects so it's not the excact same. This would be a good move because looking back on G1 now it's cheesy but in a good way. What do you think? Will a series come out and what kind of series would you like to see?

I'd kinda love to see a remake of G1 Transformers with all the cheesy parts taken out.

ugh, there have been too many transformer cartoons of present....

i don't see the point of remaking them, none of them stand up to the original in my eyes, although alot of people did like beast wars though

November Rain said:
ugh, there have been too many transformer cartoons of present....

i don't see the point of remaking them, none of them stand up to the original in my eyes, although alot of people did like beast wars though

Well, I find way too many times these people want to reinvent the wheel when the original design is all they need. They put way too much effort into it than is needed.

Just don't let MTV near it. Their Spider-man was ok but kinda disappointing. It was like a lite version.

Jesus I remember that Spider-Man mtv show. WTF was up with that????? Besides the costume it didn't feel or look like a Spider-Man show.

Godzilla2000 said:
Well, I find way too many times these people want to reinvent the wheel when the original design is all they need. They put way too much effort into it than is needed.
true but it is all one big marketing strategy.

just like power rangers, there is a formula to work with yet they have to put their mark on each new series of ranger costumes and zords in order to sell the product.

the thing however with power rangers is that they are lucky that they aren't using the same characters each time so it isn't as bad, while with transformers everyone wants megs, starstream, dinobots, optimus prime etc, so each time it's the same characters undergoing this process.

i guess everyone thinks the best means to go about it is to make the transformations more spectacular but the transforming was only a small part of the show and that's what they need to get their head around.

Lunar_Wolf said:
Jesus I remember that Spider-Man mtv show. WTF was up with that????? Besides the costume it didn't feel or look like a Spider-Man show.
funnily enough, i only thought it was the lack of decent villains that let that show down.

parker felt like parker and spidey felt and moved like spidey.

mj and harry's design could have been better though but their interactions together were pretty decent. too bad they weren't given the creative freedom to translate all the villains accordingly....

imagine an ock/spidey fight using that technology, it would have been brutal....

November Rain said:
funnily enough, i only thought it was the lack of decent villains that let that show down.

parker felt like parker and spidey felt and moved like spidey.

mj and harry's design could have been better though but their interactions together were pretty decent. too bad they weren't given the creative freedom to translate all the villains accordingly....

imagine an ock/spidey fight using that technology, it would have been brutal....

I never understood why they didn't use the right villians, was there a reason for that?

Get some of those animators that were with Dreamwave, start at the begining of War Within and work the story up to and continue through G1 doing a complete reboot of the original series. That would make me a very happy man.

This is from Tformers.com:

"Blitz" of our TFans board has posted information from the cartoon television board ToonTalk of what may be the next upcoming Transformers cartoon. Titled "Transformers: Heroes," the leak shows that the show is slated for a fall 2007 release and will be produced by CN Studios. The cartoon is going to be U.S.-made since it will be produced by CN Studios. The order is for 26 episodes, which is a change from the 52 episode order that has been going on for the past several iterations of the Transformers cartoon.

Cmm21 said:
This is from Tformers.com:

"Blitz" of our TFans board has posted information from the cartoon television board ToonTalk of what may be the next upcoming Transformers cartoon. Titled "Transformers: Heroes," the leak shows that the show is slated for a fall 2007 release and will be produced by CN Studios. The cartoon is going to be U.S.-made since it will be produced by CN Studios. The order is for 26 episodes, which is a change from the 52 episode order that has been going on for the past several iterations of the Transformers cartoon.

Cheers for the info. I guess the good point in that is a lot of series that are kept to a minimal often have a high quality product, there are 26 episodes of Neon Genesis and look at how good that is. I'd like to see a tidy little DVD box set released with a new form of TF with a compelling plot and great animation.

But what Transformers: Heroes about? 26 episodes is not a whole lot, of course it sounds like it is an original product and not something redubbed from a Japanese TF series.

I like anime but I hated it being used for Transformers with them 20 second cut scenes of them transforming and they have to say what there doing like Prime saying: ''Transform, truck more'' or something. Why oh why.

If Heroes gets made I guess this can become the Heroes thread:O

More info.

"The Transformers are back! Arriving on Earth of the future, where robots are common place as humanity's servant class. But Earth's robots have a secret that may doom humanity and their unlikely Autobot saviors."

Great.....

Lunar_Wolf said:
I like anime but I hated it being used for Transformers with them 20 second cut scenes of them transforming and they have to say what there doing like Prime saying: ''Transform, truck more'' or something. Why oh why.

If Heroes gets made I guess this can become the Heroes thread:O

You know, it's funny you brought that up. My 7 year old nephew stayed overnight last week and I was showing him my old G1 tapes. He told me he liked how they transformed quickly. It made me chuckle a bit. Off Topic, but he's a serious mark for the Dinobots and the Insecticons.

Lunar_Wolf said:
More info.

"The Transformers are back! Arriving on Earth of the future, where robots are common place as humanity's servant class. But Earth's robots have a secret that may doom humanity and their unlikely Autobot saviors."

Great.....

Sounds like Megaman X. Meh could mean anything, there would have to be Decepticons somewhere in there.

No, Transformers is still going on with new shows like every year or 2 and 3 years...

a new show is inevitable, the movie will just strengthen and prolong Transformers stay on TV

Godzilla2000 said:
MTV shouldn't get its hands on anything non-music related period.
MTV should just keep it's hands to itself. :cmad:

I think the ballsiest thing Hasbro could do is commission a series that picks up where the G1 continuity left off.

Godzilla2000 said:
I think the ballsiest thing Hasbro could do is commission a series that picks up where the G1 continuity left off.

It would be nice but I can't see it happening.

Godzilla2000 said:

And weave in elements of the comic book (Circuit Breaker, Robot Master, Carwash of Doom--- no wait, forget that last one! :)).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"