• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Transformers New Transformers game. Ideas?

Nathan

Avenger
Reaction score
I'm sure some people already had the opportunity to play the new Transformers game based on the Movie, and you'll probably agree that it was just a lackluster experience. Transformers based on Armada, released in 2004, is still the best Transformers game to date.

I was wondering what kind of Transformers game you'd all like. Should it be similar to the Movie game with monster destruction mayhem, large landscapes as in Armada or a good mix of both? What should it be based on? G1, RID, Armada, Energon, Cybertron or even Beast Wars? What developer would be most suited for the project? And not to forget, who'd you want in the game?

Come on, tell us what your dream game would be like.

I haven't palyed any game other then the DS version, both of them, and they kick all kinds of butt. I love them, been playing both religously. They have a very compelx storlilne. Well at least the Decepticon one. I really want to play the consol version but I don't own any. Still deciding which one i want to get.

However I would love a decent Beast Wars game. That would be my ideal TF game.

Here's something I posted on the Atari boards. The Transformers board is practically dead and me posting game ideas will be probably in vain, but I want to at least try got someone at Atari to think about it.

Those are just some random ideas and far from finished, but what does everyone think of it? Would you play a game like this?

TRANSFORMERS: GENERATION 1

Basic Game Design

• Choose between Autobots or Decepticons
  • 3-5 Playable characters for each Faction
  • Big free-roaming environments
  • Customization & Upgrade System

Playable Characters: Autobots

Playable Characters: Decepticons

Mission Design

Each Mission should be playable by any Transformer. But depending on the Transformer you choose, different paths are open to you to finish your Mission.

Let's take the Decepticon side for an example.

• Megatron: He's pretty much the heavy hitter/ground Type. With him you've basically got the option to shoot your way through enemy lines like we're used to.
  • Soundwave: With him you get 2 options, shoot your way through or use stealth & your ability to hack systems to accomplish your Missions .
  • Starscream: Same Mission, but added Mission objectives leading him around the Map, so players won't just fly straight to the end of the stage. For example, destroy the Force Field Generators to progress. And he'd be the only one to face Airborn Autobot drones. And we'd also get bothered by anti-aircraft missiles.

I want to into some detail especially regarding Soundwave. He could be the most fun to play with if done correctly. Soundwave has got has got several Decepticons stored in his chest in form of cassettes, which would be Ravage, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ratbat, Rumble, and Frenzy.

• Buzzsaw, Laserbeak and Ratbat, who all actually only have spy purposes, could be used to scout the area to either find a certain object or keep a lookout for enemy forces, which would appear as a small spycam feed at the left/right top corner of the screen.
  • Rumble could clear certain paths or hidden caves by causing earthquakes with his piledriver arms.
  • The remaining Decepticons Ravage and Frenzy don't seem to have any special skills, they, as well as the other Decepticons, could also be used during battle to aid Soundwave. Though no more than 2 or 3 should be at the same tme on the battlefield.

The Autobots would stick to the more traditional Mission design of the previous game.

Customization & Upgrades

G1 doesn't have any Mini-cons, but that shouldn't mean that we can't customize our Transformers anymore. In place of the Mini-cons, there should be a Equipment shop managed by Wheeljack or whoever does the Tech stuff on the Decepticon side.

In exchange for Credits/Energon, you'd be able to Upgrade your defense, speed, strength, even buy Nitro boost, a Force Field generator or additional melee moves. Prime for example could later be equipped with an Energon Axe. Megatron would be able to equip his Energon Mace. Decepticons should also be able to aquire the ability to fly for a short time. Once the fly ability is completely upgraded they can fly for an unlimited time.

I know that. But by people who clearly didn't know what they were doing. Did you play that game? I can say, without any sort of exaggeration, that this is probably the worst game ever created for the PS2.

No I didn't. It was created for the Japanese market though. Hence no Dinobots.

And we will probably be getting a new TF game. Based on the new animated show.

Did they cut the Dinobots from the Japanese version of the cartoon?

No, there just not as popular in Japan. And that's what the bench mark for character inclusion is always based on. There are a few characters that appeal to both the western and Japanese markets. Prime, Megs, Starscream, Soundwave, Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus, and Bumble Bee. Beyond those the tastes diverge. Rodimus Prime is very popular in Japan. As are the Predacons and insecticons. But the Dinobots are not the fan favortites that they are here. If you want a good barometer of TF character popularity in Japan, look what Takara reissued from G1. No Dinobots (they blame that on "lost molds" but I don't buy it). But the Preadcons were, and the Insecticons were twice.

I have it for the Wii...although the graphics are nice, and all. I though it lacked in gameplay. The control's were far to busy, the camera angles were TOO busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"