Doctor Doom movie??? Could it work?

GoblinScrier

Sidekick
Reaction score
Would adapting the "Books of Doom" or just a great film about Doom work? If they could correct Doom and make him like the comic book, then would it work? I would KILL and I do mean KILL to see such a film come to life...even if its animated...

Imagine Latveria...castle, villages, mountains...tons of Doombots marching, scientists in labs, knowing that one mistake could cost them their lives...Doom sitting on his throne with his pimpcup...screaming RICHARDS....it is a good dream...at least to me :)

The Books of Doom is a wonderful story and I too would love to see it told but I think in terms of it being a big budget movie, it might be a bit risky.

I can definetely see it becoming a motion comic or animated film though. As long as they get the details right. The architechture, the nuances everything.

The only way I see this movie happening is if Marvel gets the rights back to it. I love the books of Doom. Here's hoping they do get the rights back.

The only way I see this movie happening is if Marvel gets the rights back to it. I love the books of Doom. Here's hoping they do get the rights back.

I agree with you on this 100 percent... Marvel would have to get the rights back which begs the question...one fan asked a panel at a Comic Con in the last year or so about Doom being the villain in the Avengers movie and they said maybe not in part 1 but could be the villain in part 2 if such a thing ever occurs...that could be a good thing if they pursue the rights..but Fox has to for once...DO THE RIGHT THING...

I have not read any of these books of doom, but your thread gave me an idea about something i liked in the old FF comics about Doom.
Ok, ideally Marvel should get the FF rights back, so if they do say 2 FF movies with a pitch perfect Doom, they could maybe do a Doom solo movie where he is the reluctant hero, stopping an evil greater than himself.
I always loved the old What If? story 'What if DrDoom were a hero?', and I loved the final issue of the original Over-Mind FF story, where Sue went to Doom for help after the other 3 were defeated and captured. It was great seeing Doom fight on the side of good against a greater threat. He also teamed up with Spider-man in MTU against a cosmic threat, can't recall name of the villan, the 3 or 4 parter where they went back in time to Salem during the witch trials.
But first , they have to get Doom right in an FF film of course.

I would love to see a Dr. Doom movie starring Hugo Weaving :yay:

Nice to put that double emphasis on how you'd end someones life for a movie, you down South folks are awesome.

But yes, I'd love to see this happen since Doom is such a scene stealing character if done right.

Nice to put that double emphasis on how you'd end someones life for a movie, you down South folks are awesome.

But yes, I'd love to see this happen since Doom is such a scene stealing character if done right.

A Doctor Doom movie could most definately work. I could see it being done very much in the vein of Bram Stoker's Dracula and Darkman.

I would love to see a Dr. Doom movie starring Hugo Weaving :yay:

Totally. I was just going to say that V (for Vendetta) was the Doom we should have gotten. :doom: Stupid Fox "star wannabe" Julian McMahon and his demand for "face time".... :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"