DR. DOOM/Julian McMahon Discussion

If they play better as a result them I'm all for it.

That is all Dallas Radio crapola........injuries hurt them more than Jessica....

*sighs*

yeah....yeah....yeah

Doesn't matter. Romo will be sexin with Jessica in bed while they watch the Colts win another Superbowl on tv. :o

Ok,

So since there's nothing really to talk about, and no forum to speak about this (that I'm aware of) I'm watching another Tom & Jerry cartoon they've butchered. They've re-dubbed voices and some of the artwork. Who decided that these things I watched and enjoyed as a kid were now suddenly offensive?

I want my boy to see the original piece of art. Not somebody's censored version of what they think it should be.

Ah yeah dude, but I'm still waiting for some screencaps of Doom. Let's discuss the production design of the Vader armour shall we?

Ah yeah dude, but I'm still waiting for some screencaps of Doom. Let's discuss the production design of the Vader armour shall we?

Dude, have you ever thought about googling for an image?

I mean, you've asked here several times, and you've seen what we have....

Maybe you should take a look at google...

drdoom-firstlook.jpg

dr%20doom%20muerte%2002.jpg

This is about it after googling 'Dr Doom 2007' and 'Dr Doom in Rise of the Silver Surfer'.

To throw my two cents in, I wish Doom had just worn a prosthetic while siding with the good guys while trying to get the surfboard. I was thinking after his rancid depiction in the first film, they could start over by just him having him be scarred and ugly afterall.

Carpman,

Long time no talk to. What ever happened to TheAlbafan?

I've been around. You would have found me in the wressling forum, till some could not take my outspokeness. Oh well. That's me. Trying to generate some talk here. TAF is somewhere. I think she's hiding from The CarpMan. :woot: JAL is around somewhere. He's all depressed that Jessica's pregnant, and he's not the daddy, plus she's engaged to Cash. Mabey the'll give me my sig and avatar back someday. :whatever: Not holding my breath. :woot: If it happens it happens. I don't really miss it. I officially get it back 9-9-09.

Albafan is now/was kel, .........which to generate discussion is a question we can put to her...... Why the change........Either way I bet hands down she is as lovable as ever (I think she even loves you Carp, when you don't get on her nerves)

Happy New Year everyone and I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas or holiday depending on what you observe.

Well Jessica is in the way, the FF franachise seems dead and out and I guess the buzz is gone.

Well it is a new year so maybe there will be some news soon.

I am sooooooo glad that I paid NO money to anyone for the experiance of witnessing an emasculated Doom.
I'll see it for free later and then be really grateful Tim and Ari didn't leech off of me.
I am in total agreement with you. I have yet to see this film on acount of them "again" failing to bring Doctor Doom rightfully to the screen! What a waste of the greatest comic book villian ever created!

Albafan is now/was kel, .........which to generate discussion is a question we can put to her...... Why the change........Either way I bet hands down she is as lovable as ever (I think she even loves you Carp, when you don't get on her nerves)

Happy New Year everyone and I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas or holiday depending on what you observe.

Well Jessica is in the way, the FF franachise seems dead and out and I guess the buzz is gone.

Well it is a new year so maybe there will be some news soon.

Kel is TAF ? :wow: She changed her name to hide from Carp Man. :oldrazz: But as always the truth will out. Refering to the post below me, hey if you didn't want to go see the movie that's your choice. Your loss. Hey High come on over to the IRON MAN boards. Lots of lively discussion going on there.

I know people are going to love me for bumping this thread, but I have been watching the 1994 FF movie. Which Doom comes closer to looking more like the comic Dr. Doom ?

The 1994 version ?

The 2005 version ?
The 2007 version ?

OR NONE OF THE ABOVE ?

The 1994 version. The 2005 version was only saved by a green cloak and the mask, with the 2007 version looking like a bad ripoff of Darth Vader.

The 1994 version. The 2005 version was only saved by a green cloak and the mask, with the 2007 version looking like a bad ripoff of Darth Vader.

Great minds think alike. :woot: Yea the 1994 movie was cheesy, the special effects were a joke, the dialog was the worse I have ever seen in a movie, but it stuck to the original as much as it could. Origin, right on thru. If the 2005, and 2007 movies had been that faithful to the comic, with the wounders that they can do today, they would have been a hell of a lot better.

Sure, the 1994 version looks the most like the comic Doom, but is the new one really that bad? When put next to the mess a good movie like Spider-Man made of the Green Goblin, I'll take this Doom any day!

OK, I think Green Goblin was the best villain in the Spider-Man series (Doc Ock had too little screentime). They've butchered Doom in my view, and it'll take a requel like The Incredible Hulk to fix him up.

Sure, the 1994 version looks the most like the comic Doom, but is the new one really that bad? When put next to the mess a good movie like Spider-Man made of the Green Goblin, I'll take this Doom any day!

That's a strange statement considering the storyline and character of 2003's movie Doom was a direct ripoff of Norman Osborn in Spidey 1.
:gg: = :doom:

That's a strange statement considering the storyline and character of 2003's movie Doom was a direct ripoff of Norman Osborn in Spidey 1.
:gg: = :doom:

I think he's talking the "look" not the "storyline"...

Oh OK, I agree with that I guess. GG could have looked a lot better.

Yes, the question from above was which Doom LOOKS most like the comic book character, hence my Goblin statement. Story wise, the Doom in FF1 was horrible, but they made some improvements in FF2 - and of course the Goblin was fine in Spider-Man [which makes his Power Rangers look all the more frustrating!].

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"