Comics Magneto vs Dr Doom

gamemiester

Civilian
Reaction score
Although when you first picture this battle you see Magneto squashing Doom in a second. But for this battle the special rule would be that Magneto cant move or control Dr Doom.

Lets just say Doom makes a new suit (looks the same) but it has no metal in it so he cant be thown around.

And also a battle of much larger scale with Magneto at Genosh with hundreds of mutants at his command against Dr Doom in Latveria with hundreds of robots and soldiers at his command.

And if Magneto and his mutants stormed Laterveira for a takeover while Doom knows he's coming. Whod win would the mutants kill all the soldiers and destroy the robots, and Magneto kill Doom.

Or would Dr Dooms intelligence allow him to have robots that could kill the mutants.

You decide

Doom still has iron in his blood and electolytes in his body for Magneto to **** with. But Magneto would still loose

and magneto is a master stratigist as is doom but i think magneto would win

Dr. Doom is the second smartest man and the second best sorceror on the face of this planet. He'd beat Magneto.

dialog-vega1.gif
Easily Doom, why? Because Dr. Doom can neutralize mutant powers but Magneto can't neutralize magic. Besides, Doom is also reputed for being very well prepared for all possible confrontations. With Magneto being so famous and notorious it's very likely that Doom has prepared for a possible confrontation with Magneto and almost any mutant.

gamemiester said:
Although when you first picture this battle you see Magneto squashing Doom in a second.
That is definitely not how I would first picture this battle.

...and Doom would need no special rules to crush and humiliate Magneto once again. I believe in their last TWO competitions Magneto ended up on his knees before the vastly superior Doom.

Doom would win.
Besides, Magneto can't touch the iron in his blood. Why? It's not the element iron, it's the nutrient. There's a difference.

DareDemon said:
Doom would win.
Besides, Magneto can't touch the iron in his blood. Why? It's not the element iron, it's the nutrient. There's a difference.

No there isn't a difference. Doom's tech like everyone on the planet except the X-Men and the Mandarin is susceptible to an emp that would fry everything Doom has. When they erected the force field to keep Mags away from the Earth he destroyed it created an emp that was said to have rendered inoperative every computer on the planet except the X-Mens. That means Dooms went down too. including his armor. And that wasn't even a direct attack.

I can't believe how many people are voting for Magneto, Doom would win this pretty easily. Clearly some people need to read up on one of the baddest men in the marvel universe. :doom:

Harlekin said:
Dr. Doom is the second smartest man and the second best sorceror on the face of this planet. He'd beat Magneto.

I actually thought Doom was smarter than Reed, but his arogance causes him to makes mistakes at times.:confused:

I hold the theory that Doom is smarter as well, but Reed is pretty much regarded by all to be the smartest.

Silicon Surfer said:
No there isn't a difference. Doom's tech like everyone on the planet except the X-Men and the Mandarin is susceptible to an emp that would fry everything Doom has. When they erected the force field to keep Mags away from the Earth he destroyed it created an emp that was said to have rendered inoperative every computer on the planet except the X-Mens. That means Dooms went down too. including his armor. And that wasn't even a direct attack.
dialog-vega1.gif
He may shut his technology down but Doom would still be able to shut his mutant powers down and PLUS Magneto can't stop Dooms magic. He is the second most powerful socerrer on Earth behind Dr. Strange and Strange has been known to topple Galactus down with his socery. I don't see why Doom wouldn't be able to do the same.

First Magneto doesn't need to be within a thousand miles of Doom to generate an emp. Without his tech he can't neutralize anybodys powers. Magneto may very well have a defense against such tactics anyway. His scientific knowledge and intellect are on a par with Doom. So far as I have seen Dooms magic consists of basic mystic bolts and shields of low power. The entry for Doom in the Marvel directory says that he has a small amount of mystical knowledge. These entries are copies of the first marvel handbook and were at the time Marvels official statements on the characters. the tournament for the title of sorceror supreme made it very clear that he was not on the same level as the other participants and knew it. He was using his armors computers to cheat by anticipting the attacks and knew that the Viahanti were aware that he was cheatiung but were letting him slide because he wasn't there to compete for the title but to watch and learn from the masters. The second most powerful sorceror is undoubtedly Mr. Jip who is very close to Dr. Stranges level. Third is probably Mordo, followed by Dakimh and Jennifer Kale.

Silicon Surfer said:
First Magneto doesn't need to be within a thousand miles of Doom to generate an emp. Without his tech he can't neutralize anybodys powers. Magneto may very well have a defense against such tactics anyway. His scientific knowledge and intellect are on a par with Doom. So far as I have seen Dooms magic consists of basic mystic bolts and shields of low power. The entry for Doom in the Marvel directory says that he has a small amount of mystical knowledge. These entries are copies of the first marvel handbook and were at the time Marvels official statements on the characters. the tournament for the title of sorceror supreme made it very clear that he was not on the same level as the other participants and knew it. He was using his armors computers to cheat by anticipting the attacks and knew that the Viahanti were aware that he was cheatiung but were letting him slide because he wasn't there to compete for the title but to watch and learn from the masters. The second most powerful sorceror is undoubtedly Mr. Jip who is very close to Dr. Stranges level. Third is probably Mordo, followed by Dakimh and Jennifer Kale.

Are you insane? :confused:

Silicon Surfer said:

I said there's a difference between the element iron and nutrient. Not a difference in his technology or whatever.

Besides, Doom still has magic which recently got a lot more powerful.

Doom is the smartest man on Earth. He wins. Period.

Doom wins with ease. He's done it before, he'll do it again.

gamemiester said:
Although when you first picture this battle you see Magneto squashing Doom in a second. But for this battle the special rule would be that Magneto cant move or control Dr Doom.

Lets just say Doom makes a new suit (looks the same) but it has no metal in it so he cant be thown around.

And also a battle of much larger scale with Magneto at Genosh with hundreds of mutants at his command against Dr Doom in Latveria with hundreds of robots and soldiers at his command.

And if Magneto and his mutants stormed Laterveira for a takeover while Doom knows he's coming. Whod win would the mutants kill all the soldiers and destroy the robots, and Magneto kill Doom.

Or would Dr Dooms intelligence allow him to have robots that could kill the mutants.

You decide

I'd say Magneto and his army of mutants would win because look at all of the sentinels they've built to attack mutants....the mutants are still capable of killing the sentinels...machines and brains can't outdo power and skill.

why would Magneto not be able to control Dr. Doom? That's just dumb...

iamcolossus said:
why would Magneto not be able to control Dr. Doom? That's just dumb...

Why would arguably the smartest man on earth who LIVES IN AN IRON SUIT not figure out how to negate magnetic attacks on his own personage? Iron Man can do it, and Doom outclasses Iron Man with ease.

well its magneto and doom agaisnt each other but also the mutants (who wouldnt be as skilled as the x-men) agaisnt what doom can come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"