A Future Phase(s) Devoted to DOOM

GoblinScrier

Sidekick
Reaction score
Assuming that one day the good doctor of Latveria makes his way home to Marvel, how incredible would it be to have an entire phase (maybe two) devoted to Doom...perhaps one of the most indepth villains they have...Doom trying to rescue his mother from hell (a future Dr. Strange adventure?), alternate reality where Doom rules the world (introducing elements of 2099???), Doom attempting to seize power from Thanos/Galactus...with Thanos being the big threat of the first 3 phases, what if Doom becomes its next big threat, leading to the Secret Wars?

Introducing Latveria, a Books of Doom film devoted to his origin, all kinds of things....so long as the rights remain at Fox, Marvel's greatest (and possibly comicdoms) villain will never get the treatment he deserves...

Well, I don't have much interest in Fox's upcoming Fantastic Four reboot, except for one aspect of it. Toby Kebbell is playing Doom in the movie, and if it's anything like his performance as Koba in "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes", then we might be in for something special.

Kebbell was amazing as Koba. One of the best villains of the 21st Century imo.

Doom is in good hands.

Doom is in good hands.
As long he is with Fox, I somehow doubt that. No actor can save Doom from the terror regime that is Kinberg.

Anyhow, as soon as the FF reboot rightfully flops and the First Family returns home, I hope MS is wise enough (and knowing them, they are) to properutilize the character of Doom and treat him the same way they treat Thanos now - the 'Big Bad' of not only one, but three phases, pulling the strings of many, many characters in the MCU - as he should be.

As long he is with Fox, I somehow doubt that. No actor can save Doom from the terror regime that is Kinberg.

Anyhow, as soon as the FF reboot rightfully flops and the First Family returns home, I hope MS is wise enough (and knowing them, they are) to properutilize the character of Doom and treat him the same way they treat Thanos now - the 'Big Bad' of not only one, but three phases, pulling the strings of many, many characters in the MCU - as he should be.

Terror regime? :doh:

Why won't people get it into their heads that even if F4 flops it will change squat about the rights. The clock is reset, unless Fox opts to hand them back for a price AND Marvel agrees then they ain't going back for another seven years.

dr_doom___dealwithit_by_rockydavies-d7j4een.jpg

Yeah, it's cheap, and it's got great talent on it. Chances are it'll be good enough to recoup it's budget.

EDIT: Doom is a great great villain, fully capable of masterminding for three phases, but the truth is, he's at his best when the personal stuff with Reed Richards is going on. Devoting a huge story arc to something other than that doesn't seem wise. There are actual Avengers villains like Kang, The Skrulls (vs The Kree?) , and The Masters of Evil that are fully capable of supporting three phases on Thanos' level. In fact, Count Nefaria makes for a great replacement for Doom since the rights may not actually revert at all (I believe the contract was that they make a film every seven years, not that it do well).

But we can continue to explore the what if. Thanos got Loki, and Ultron to work for him to culminate "his" first two phases. Who would Doom get to work for him? Could he have a Ronan-level character on his side?

Last edited:

Doom is in good hands.

Well even if he is "good" as Doom (and I doubt that considering the hints of the screenplay) I've always wanted a more dignified actor to play Doom or at least provide the voice like Bill Nighy, Mads Mikkelsen (he could play both Victor and Doom)...etc..

Face it, Doom is one of the most important characters EVER for Marvel and its CRIMINAL that he will NEVER get to shine as big as Loki or Thanos...Fox just doesn't understand...frankly, I don't want them to understand, I just want them to surrender the rights back to Marvel and move on to their other tentpole franchises.

Yeah, it's cheap, and it's got great talent on it. Chances are it'll be good enough to recoup it's budget.

EDIT: Doom is a great great villain, fully capable of masterminding for three phases, but the truth is, he's at his best when the personal stuff with Reed Richards is going on. Devoting a huge story arc to something other than that doesn't seem wise. There are actual Avengers villains like Kang, The Skrulls (vs The Kree?) , and The Masters of Evil that are fully capable of supporting three phases on Thanos' level. In fact, Count Nefaria makes for a great replacement for Doom since the rights may not actually revert at all (I believe the contract was that they make a film every seven years, not that it do well).

But we can continue to explore the what if. Thanos got Loki, and Ultron to work for him to culminate "his" first two phases. Who would Doom get to work for him? Could he have a Ronan-level character on his side?

I dont think Ultron has anything to do with Thanos.

I've said before in in the F4 threads that Doom should be built up before any confrontation. I could even go with a Netflix "Phase" devoted to him before putting him on the big screen. It would take a great actor willing to commit for awhile though. I'd introduce the idea that Doom and the F4 have been around in the MCU since before Iron Man.

Love this idea, and I hope it can happen at some point.

Avengers: Loki and Chitauri
Avengers 2: Ultron
Avengers 3: Thanos
Avengers 4: Masters of Evil
Avengers 5: Dr. Doom
Avengers 6: Kang

^That makes more sense. Doom being the big bad of a phase and leading up to Kang or some other epically important Avengers villain like that.

I dont think Ultron has anything to do with Thanos.

I've said before in in the F4 threads that Doom should be built up before any confrontation. I could even go with a Netflix "Phase" devoted to him before putting him on the big screen. It would take a great actor willing to commit for awhile though. I'd introduce the idea that Doom and the F4 have been around in the MCU since before Iron Man.

I definitely think Doom should be built up, and well. I'm not sure it should be over 15 real life years, I think 3-5 would be just fine. Doom is a powerful mastermind, not a cosmic force of nature or a walking time travel paradox. He's not hard to wrap your head around or emotionally connect to, he's just really good at what he does, like Batman, kinda.

A MCU adaptation of Emperor Doom has so much potential. As a kid it was the first time I was rooting for the bad guy. I remember being really angry that the Avengers stopped him in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"