Is Doom To Be "doomed" Once Again???

NUFFSAID2004

Civilian
Reaction score
Okay. Here's a new post for anyone who actually cares about the greatest comic super-villian ever created!!! Now before going on about "The Lord Of Latveria", I'll tell you that I've always been a huge fan of the Fantastic Four! I even own a copy of FF#1 (*and no, I don't mean Ultimate FF..:whatever:*) Like many of you I've been hoping for a movie adaption for years. However, upon witnessing the original trailers for the first film/ reports, I was agahst at how Doctor Doom had been disected by Avi, Tim, and company. I had never seen the first FF film in the theater nor on dvd. I did however glimsp a few scenes, by chance, upon changing stations one evening. After this, all my previous suspisions were confirmed. "They had destroyed the good doctor Victor"!!
Now we come to the present, "Rise Of The Silver Surfer"! I've seen the trailer. The Surfer looks awesome! No doubt. Reed and Johnny look right. Jessica Alba? Who cares? She's hot! The Thing still needs improvment on the make-up, but not bad, but still not quite Kirby, Buscema, nor Byrne. (*and as a side note, the actor himself as Ben Grimm appears bald and fat to me. Nothing like the Ben Grimm from the books, but I can handle that*) I won't even go into their Galactus travesty. But back to Doom...
I watched the full length trailer. Surfer looks like the Surfer. (*WHERE'S DOOM?*) The Torch looks great. (*WHERE'S DOOM?) Alba's lookin' fine as Sue. (*BUT WHERE'S DOOM?*) Please don't let that be him walking up to the Surfer in that trench coat that we see in the trailer. No more Trump Dooms. Anyway, glad to have gotten some of this off my chest. Anyway, does anyone out there no if we'll be getting the Lee/Kirby Doctor Doom this time around or yet another weak Avi Arad and Tim Story version of this incredible character? Let's face it. It's time that Doom reclaimed the mantle back from Darth Vader. Doom came first!!! Thanks.:doom:

Very few people read here, why not post on the spoilers forum?

Because this really isn't a "spoiler". Either way, that's okay. Oh, and I'm definately an Alba fan myself..:woot:

Nope, you're right, but neither are the majority of the discussions...lol....but it is CERTAINLY a discussion about the sequel.....and one I think many have an opinion about.

As far as the novelization......I don't think you'll be totally happy for sure, but he is a stronger character/villain, and is closer to Doom, but not as close as you would like I'm afraid.:csad:

But are you "THE" albafan.....???? :cwink: :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"