New info on Doom???

How about this?

614007921_l.jpg

Actually, that's not bad for a hand-made costume. Not 'movie-good', but good.

I guess being one of the biggest Doom fanatics ever, my patience is growing thin...(I should take a cue from Doom himself and realize that "Patience is a kingly virtue")...I want to see what the new and improved Doom looks like...It would be better if Fox would go ahead and announce the next trailer so that more than likely, we could look forward to Doom's unveiling in that trailer, especially if he going through 3 changes...(i.e. charred, armor/monarch, and
cosmic

Odd though it sounds, I don't paritcularly care about Cosmic Doom. I want the REAL Doom. I'm not a fan of that look we've been shown but I suppose as a stepping stone it's alright. I just want us to get the real Doom look and stick with it.

Problem here is that we're taking Doom's BEST moment from the comics and putting it in the SECOND film... I just hope Galactus doesn't punk him. There's a reason Doctor Doom, not Galactus, is the F4's arch-nemesis and the reason is simple; give Doom warning and time and he WILL devise a way to knock purple boy on his colossal backside.

And probably drain the power to destroy planets from him in the process.

The only story that even comes close to bringing Doom up to those hieghts is "Unthinkable", and since the magic in it gives it zilch chance of being adapted... well I just hope Doom's big screen power theft doesn't end up rubbish. :\

Doom was a complete waste in the first. Here's hoping he's much better in this one.

I believe Tim is taking an X2 approach.

Doom tried to steal the Surfers powers many times right....he had a chamber built he also ran a test with Terrax another one of Galactus's Heralds

You would be correct... the second time he figured he would rather control the Power Cosmic through another than actually wield it himself. The problem was that eventually it eventually consumed Terrax in the end, much like it did when Doom tested it out on one of the ill-fated Hauptmann brothers..:woot: (they were both flunkies of Doom and he ended up disposing of them both, in one manner or another).

But while we were lead to believe Terrax was blown to atoms in FF #260, along with Doom's body that became trapped in his immobilized armor, I think Terrax eventually returned in a later issue of the Silver Surfer series... no good villain stays dead in Marvel.

Odd though it sounds, I don't paritcularly care about Cosmic Doom. I want the REAL Doom. I'm not a fan of that look we've been shown but I suppose as a stepping stone it's alright. I just want us to get the real Doom look and stick with it.

Problem here is that we're taking Doom's BEST moment from the comics and putting it in the SECOND film... I just hope Galactus doesn't punk him. There's a reason Doctor Doom, not Galactus, is the F4's arch-nemesis and the reason is simple; give Doom warning and time and he WILL devise a way to knock purple boy on his colossal backside.

And probably drain the power to destroy planets from him in the process.

The only story that even comes close to bringing Doom up to those hieghts is "Unthinkable", and since the magic in it gives it zilch chance of being adapted... well I just hope Doom's big screen power theft doesn't end up rubbish. :\
the Secret Wars story had him take Galacus's power..... but they most likely wont go in that direction

he took the Beyonders powers not Galactus

I think the marjority of the fans, will be more intrested in what they do, and how they do Doom more then the Surfer. At least I will. I want to see a Dr. Doom,worthy of the greatness of the charactor. Greatest comic villian ever. :woot: When Lucas said he patterened Vader, using Doom, that was high praise.

he took the Beyonders powers not Galactus

Actually, he took both...remember that is the only way he was even able to withstand Beyonder's onslaught as long as he did. He constructed those giant lenses that drew in Galactus's power and then he converted his armor into his "absorber" armor and went and fought the Beyonder and then with one switch, he drew it all in and....

"The Beyonder is dead....now the supreme being in the universe is DOOM!"

I think we can all agree that THIS is the Doom we want to see:

I mean, Activision got both Doom AND Galactus down pat. And another moment I really wanna see- the classic "clenched fist": (This done after nukes were sent at Doom)

How about this?

614007921_l.jpg

That's pretty cool. It looks a little too much like the tin-man got "Doomed" somehow, but pretty good.

My biggest issue is the Mask in the movie ... was it just me?

That's pretty cool. It looks a little too much like the tin-man got "Doomed" somehow, but pretty good.

My biggest issue is the Mask in the movie ... was it just me?

That was the one part of his look that I liked....

It's what Doom should look like in the movie!

Maybe we can take this thread and merge it with the official Doom thread...but none the less, I am loving these pics of Doom and what he should be like in the movie. Yes, the "clenched fist" should be a must, cursing Richards, the swaying of the cloak, talking in the 3rd person, etc. If Payne is as big as fan as he says he is, then a lot of this may actually make it into the movie.

Oh, I think I have one of those.... it looks like my Kubricks figure I got in a set of 5 from eBay!! I think it came with Iron Man, Storm, Wolverine and Spider-Man. I hate to tell you how much I spent since it came shipped from Hong Kong :woot: Their figures are much better than the Mini Mates you can get at Target and other Toy departments.

That's lego piece! But hilarious that it should look like that in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"