New info on Doom???

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
Has this been posted or talked about before. If so I totally missed it.

http://hero-goggles.blogspot.com/2007/01/fantastic-four-rise-of-silver-surfer.html

Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer - June 15, 2007

Tim Story returns to direct Rise of the Silver Surfer with Jessica Alba, Michael Chiklis, Chris Evans, Ioan Gruffudd, Julian McMahon and Kerry Washington reprising their roles. Doug Jones (Pan's Labyrinth) and Beau Garrett appear in the sequel as the Silver Surfer and Frankie Raye, respectively. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer has a target release date of June 15, 2007.

Synopsis:
Reed and Sue are married early in the film. The film's remaining story will center on the appearance of the Silver Surfer on Earth, as well as the return of Doctor Doom. The Silver Surfer does befriend Sue.
The teaser trailer shows the wedding of Reed and Sue interrupted by the arrival of Silver Surfer on Earth. Johnny Storm pursues the Surfer, but eventually is grabbed and pulled into the vacuum of orbital space, from where he is dropped back to Earth (presumably unconscious).
The traditional connection between the Surfer and Galactus seen in the early Fantastic Four comics has not been confirmed, but Tom Rothman, Chairman of Fox Filmed Entertainment, has confirmed that Galactus will also appear in the film. Rothman also stated directly in an interview that "fans will not be disappointed".
Tim Story has confirmed that Doctor Doom, seen defeated and frozen in his metal form at the end of the first film, will make a dramatic return in this movie and "he will be back in full DOOM, not like we had him in the first film." Actor Ioan Gruffudd has confirmed that Julian McMahon will be back for the sequel. Doctor Doom will have three different designs during the course of the film. The film follows on from the first in real time, with Doctor Doom having spent two years trapped in a casket. Doom desires to take the Silver Surfer's powers.

Visit the Official Movie Site here.

I don't remember that "3 different designs" part before...do you??? I know one of the designs was worked on by that guy Kato that Retro found online awhile ago. I talked to him again and he said after the film his released he might be able to send some sketches on the work he did. Cool guy.

I think someone, perhaps Tim Story, did say something about three different phases before. He did say that one of them would be "full Doom". This gives me hope that Julian won't be behind the mask the whole time. I just hope they're all him, not CGI.

If true, it sounds like a novel idea, though hopefully he'll be back in full Doom garb soon. But I assume this means that [blackout]when he steals the Surfer's powers his look will change slightly[/blackout]

It'd be cool if they have his armor sort of being made in the background during his first few scenes till he dons it.

3 designs, eh? One will probably be the right-out-of-the-box Doom, second will be the "Full Doom" (complete with armor-action!), and third will be the Power Cosmic Doom. I know a picture of that has been posted somewhere on these boards.

Thanks Retro I had a hard time believing some blogger had this info and nobody else did...though I still don't remember ever reading about 3 designs.

3 different designs? Interesting...well let us see, Doom will have one look I guess when he breaks free of carbonite....I assume the look will be one of a charred nature. Then, his minions will create the "official comic book armor of Dr. Doom," and finally, when he goes
cosmic on account of his absorption of the Surfer's cosmic powers
, that will be his final look.

Just an opinion...

I'm guessing the first look will be the charred remains one followed by.....

ffmagazine08xo9.jpg

Followed by.........

lltw0.jpg

????????????

Who the hell is gonna stop Cosmic Doom if he steals the SS's board other than Galactus??? I'm not familiar with that storyline so any ideas???

BTW nice pic I hope Doom does look like that.

Who the hell is gonna stop Cosmic Doom if he steals the SS's board other than Galactus??? I'm not familiar with that storyline so any ideas???

BTW nice pic I hope Doom does look like that.

I think it might be Galactus in the movie. Showing him defeating Doom easily (and possibly giving him a how do you speech) when the FF couldn't beat him would be an effective way to show how powerful Galactus is, and at the same time how he sees us as nothing more than insects.

That or Reed will build some kind of device that will give the Surfer back his powers (in fact, thinking about it now, this is the most likely scenario to Doom's defeat).

I am so hopeful that this means they don't punk Victor again ... I liked FF but it destroyed Doom in my eyes for so many reasons on the screen.

Let their be the proper represenation of Doom ... and who he has been in the comics!

It was just the origin of Doom in the last film. We really never saw an established Doom. Now we will.

Well the first time Doom stole Norrin's powers he was tricked into leaving the Earth's atmosphere where the shield Galactus put around the Earth to imprison the Surfer was still intact. Doom ran into it and fell to Earth defeated.

Don't know if they can work that in or not.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Galactus put an invisible barrier around the Earth to keep the Surfer trapped so when Doom had the power and the F4 tricked Doom to going into space, Doom crashed into the barrier and was defeated.

The Surfer, in the 90s F4 cartoon episode "Doomsday" said the following about the barrier: "Though invisible, its walls are powerful than that of stone."

Sue follows with "Then Doom is finally... and Reed stops her and says "Well, with Doom, what you see is rarely what you get."

* meh * I wouldn't put much stock in a 1990's cartoon story.

The next time we see Doom after Reed lured him into the barrier... which was really a very lucky guess on his part when you think about it... is in Daredevil #37. He tells Daredevil that when he hit the barrier, Galactus just looked at him as if he were beneath his notice and hurled him back to Earth, presumably de-powered.

Cover by the Masterful Gene Colan for DD#38

dd038.jpg

I'm guessing the first look will be the charred remains one followed by.....

ffmagazine08xo9.jpg

Followed by.........

lltw0.jpg

????????????

Oh man, if that's what Doom will look like in this movie...I will be pleeeeaaaaassssed!!!!!

* meh * I wouldn't put much stock in a 1990's cartoon story.

The next time we see Doom after Reed lured him into the barrier... which was really a very lucky guess on his part when you think about it... is in Daredevil #37. He tells Daredevil that when he hit the barrier, Galactus just looked at him as if he were beneath his notice and hurled him back to Earth, presumably de-powered.

Cover by the Masterful Gene Colan for DD#38

dd038.jpg

Well that episode was loosely adapted from some of the Kirby material, like raising the ocean floor, etc. Besides, I thought it was an incredible episode showing just how bada** Doom is...

I know a picture of that has been posted somewhere on these boards.

Where? I don't think we've seen a single picture of Doom from the sequel.

Also, Michael Chiklis said something in a recent interview about The Thing battling Doom.

3 designs, eh? One will probably be the right-out-of-the-box Doom, second will be the "Full Doom" (complete with armor-action!), and third will be the Power Cosmic Doom. I know a picture of that has been posted somewhere on these boards.

Thats what i think as well.
Thanks Retro I had a hard time believing some blogger had this info and nobody else did...though I still don't remember ever reading about 3 designs.

3 designs...3 looks sounds like the same thing to me.
:up: Wow, if they pull off something like this on the big screen...:eek:

Thats what i think as well.

3 designs...3 looks sounds like the same thing to me.

:up: Wow, if they pull off something like this on the big screen...:eek:

I tell you if Doom looks like traditional 616 Doom and acting like him as well, riding on the Surfer's board, destroying, conquering, etc....I will probably go into cardiac arrest and will need a defibulator to bring me back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"