What version of Doctor Doom do you want to see?

BenKenobi

Civilian
Reaction score
Well Fox botched it last time by giving us a hybrid of Norman Osborn and the unpopular Ultimate re-imagining. Being said Doctor Doom is one of the biggest global threats to the Marvel Universe along with the likes of Magneto, The Red Skull, and Loki, but he's been written very differently over the years.

Personally I want to see Doom as the scorned embodiment of Vanity and Arrogance who's motivated by jealousy and greed rather than villainy.

1. This may be unpopular but I HATE the idea of Doom being horribly scared and deformed. I always loved the idea Jack Kirby had where under that armor he's still a strong handsome man with only a small scar, that because of his vanity makes him perceive himself as a monster.

2. I don't want him to be the main antagonist of the first film, I want him to be a presence, perhaps a past mistake that comes back to haunt Reed upon Ben's transformation into the Thing, as the FIRST monster he created.

3. I want Doom to be played up as a diplomat. Everyone knows he's up to no good and his happy and free nation is just a façade, but his nuclear armed status allows him to operate without repercussion; and makes any unmerited infractions against him a serious offence in the eyes of the world.

4. I want him to be cold, monotone, and eloquent. Someone you could believe is the second smartest man alive.

What do you guys want from your Doctor Doom?

Given that Darth Vader is basically a Dr. Doom knock off - I want a Doom with at least that type of screen presence.
Why Fox went with the tired corporate businessman angle for Doom and ignored the much more topical and accurate leader of a rogue nation angle is still beyond me!

1) No super powers. His genius (including that with sorcery) is his threat.
2) Real Armor, as advanced as Iron-Man's but not as pretty.
3) No silly quips. 'Marco...polo', 'This...is going to be fun!!" or "Lets all go for a Spin" were all cringe worthy lines.
4) Face always covered after accident, but left unclear as to just how badly he really is scarred (so it could be minor and its just his vanity, ala Kirby's original idea, or it could be truly horrible. Leave that to the audiences imagination).
5) Ruler/Dictator of Latveria. No corporate nonsense.

And lastly 6) No tying his origin directly into the FF's. He is his own creation, his only link to them being his college days with Reed & Ben.

Well Fox botched it last time by giving us a hybrid of Norman Osborn and the unpopular Ultimate re-imagining. Being said Doctor Doom is one of the biggest global threats to the Marvel Universe along with the likes of Magneto, The Red Skull, and Loki, but he's been written very differently over the years.

Personally I want to see Doom as the scorned embodiment of Vanity and Arrogance who's motivated by jealousy and greed rather than villainy.

1. This may be unpopular but I HATE the idea of Doom being horribly scared and deformed. I always loved the idea Jack Kirby had where under that armor he's still a strong handsome man with only a small scar, that because of his vanity makes him perceive himself as a monster.

2. I don't want him to be the main antagonist of the first film, I want him to be a presence, perhaps a past mistake that comes back to haunt Reed upon Ben's transformation into the Thing, as the FIRST monster he created.

3. I want Doom to be played up as a diplomat. Everyone knows he's up to no good and his happy and free nation is just a façade, but his nuclear armed status allows him to operate without repercussion; and makes any unmerited infractions against him a serious offence in the eyes of the world.

4. I want him to be cold, monotone, and eloquent. Someone you could believe is the second smartest man alive.

What do you guys want from your Doctor Doom?

Given that Darth Vader is basically a Dr. Doom knock off - I want a Doom with at least that type of screen presence.
Why Fox went with the tired corporate businessman angle for Doom and ignored the much more topical and accurate leader of a rogue nation angle is still beyond me!

3) No silly quips. 'Marco...polo', 'This...is going to be fun!!" or "Lets all go for a Spin" were all cringe worthy lines.
4) Face always covered after accident, but left unclear as to just how badly he really is scarred (so it could be minor and its just his vanity, ala Kirby's original idea, or it could be truly horrible. Leave that to the audiences imagination).

And lastly 6) No tying his origin directly into the FF's. He is his own creation, his only link to them being his college days with Reed & Ben.

:up:

All of this is SOO much better than what we've seen that I won't get hung up on the details.

I agree with Wobbly on #4. It can be hinted/suggested that the scarring isn't bad, but I don't think anything should be specifically shown or explained.

I would also hint that he may have done more damage by rushing to put the mask on while it was still hot than he suffered from the original accident.

Maybe with the success of Iron Man Fox will be more inclined to present Doom as an "evil Iron Man" and less a Norman Osborn knock off - I guess they just ape what ever is popular at the moment.

I would love for Doom to keep the mask on all the time and us not getting a clear look at his face, but I doubt Fox will want to keep what ever actor they cast covered up for as much of a movie as this should require.

I also think Doom should not just be a slimy jerk , like he was in the films. Doom is a man of contradictions, capable of both good and evil. Doom is a ruthless foe who shows no mercy to his enemies, but he also has a sense of honor, a moral code that makes sense to him. That's what makes Doom the most interesting FF villain, he is more a defined personality then most FF villains.

I also think Doom should not have any overt romantic feelings for Susan Storm, that was never really important and I think having Mole Man be obsessed with Sue makes more sense, considering sexual frustration has always been part of his motive. Doom should be motivated by his hatred of Reed Richards and his belief that he can improve the world by ruling it, he shouldn't be a slimy A-Hole who is obsessed with getting into Sue's pants.

Also if Doom doesn't appear in the first movie, his presence should be felt.

Goat Legs

In all seriousness I think they should show a flashback of Dr. Doom as Victor in college with Reed.Which leads to his accident.Then they can go to present day with him returning in full Doom mode.

I agree he shouldn't be in the first film, at least, not to any notable degree. He basically needs to be handled not unlike Joker in TDK. You tease him at the end as having had a hadn in things. When you finally do show him, you make him Darth Vader. There is no introduction or explanation. He simply is this force of nature, using energies that "you cannot comprehend." Have Big Show or someone like that in the suit with a voice like Keith David's. He's not a sympathetic villain, though there may be a moment in the flashback where you see a bit of hope, but even back then, he was vain and greedy. Now he's just... Doom.

The look should be highly advanced silver armor, with rune-like texture under and epic green cloak. Let them have fun with it, a bit more cyberpunk than victorian era knights though. The green tunic has to go.

I agree he shouldn't be in the first film, at least, not to any notable degree. He basically needs to be handled not unlike Joker in TDK. You tease him at the end as having had a hadn in things. When you finally do show him, you make him Darth Vader. There is no introduction or explanation. He simply is this force of nature, using energies that "you cannot comprehend." Have Big Show or someone like that in the suit with a voice like Keith David's. He's not a sympathetic villain, though there may be a moment in the flashback where you see a bit of hope, but even back then, he was vain and greedy. Now he's just... Doom.

The look should be highly advanced silver armor, with rune-like texture under and epic green cloak. Let them have fun with it, a bit more cyberpunk than victorian era knights though. The green tunic has to go.

The only thing with Doom's armor/look is that its absolutely iconic...he is Doom...he can wear whatever he wants...and they should translate his look to the big screen...it can work...just like a giant man in purple etc can work too....we've already seen a lot in the Marvel Universe that "defies" belief like Frost Giants or elf warriors from beyond, so make Doom...Doom...in look, deed, behavior, acting, voice, history...he is one who doesn't deserve this quick origin or tie in to the F4 except for Richards.

Maybe with the success of Iron Man Fox will be more inclined to present Doom as an "evil Iron Man" and less a Norman Osborn knock off - I guess they just ape what ever is popular at the moment

I really hope they don't make him an Iron Man clone.

I want to see just some mentions of Doom in the first movie. Just news reports in the background or a ticker at the bottom of the screen for some other news mentioning a revolution in Latveria or something.

In a later movie He should show up in his armour but not wearing that green skirt he does in the comics. He should be aloof, arrogant and just acting like dealing with everybody else is an annoyance he could barely be bothered with. Give him the tech and make him do a few things that Reed can't explain with science that hints at magic.

what version of Doom do I want to see? The kind that is at Marvel and comic book accurate...Doom deserves nothing but the best....

Yes. ACTUALLY Doom.

I'm not picky. but I'm hoping for a good actress.

Would anybody be against the Ultimates version of Doom (classmate of Reed, mutated skin instead of armor, etc.)?

I'd be against that. But I'd prefer it to female doom. :(

Okay, okay, got it. Still, I would like to see them come up with a decent motive for him to go after the FF. "The experiment was perfect and you ruined it and scarred my face" sounds a little lame to me. I would like to see something more visceral between them.

Pride. This motivates Doom. He is the hero of his story and he will destroy anyone he perceives to be a rival to that. Beautifully simple.

A female Dr. Doom who is part of a love triangle between Reed Richards and Human Torch.

I'm sorry...I couldn't resist...it's unlikely we're getting a great movie here, might as well laugh about it. When is this film even coming out?

Betty White for Doom.

Its different, and different is always good, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"