Hawley's Doctor Doom Film

Disagree completely. For me this is far more interesting than an ff or xmen reboot.
To each their own. I can see why one could see merit in a Doom film especially from one as talented as Hawley but I personally don’t care to see it at least not until the FF are established in the MCU.

That being said, if Marvel finds a compelling reason to do a Doom film than all means go for it but I would prefer it’d be after the FF are established in the MCU. I suspect Marvel could easily do Avengers 5 and make that heavily Doom centric like Infinity War was basically a Thanos film, and have Hawley direct that. I don’t see Marvel doing a straight-up villain movie. I’d imagine after Doom is established in the MCU they would opt to give his own spin-off series on Disney Plus much like how Loki was given one after being in the MCU for as long as he was.

To each their own. I can see why one could see merit in a Doom film especially from one as talented as Hawley but I personally don’t care to see it at least not until the FF are established in the MCU.

That being said, if Marvel finds a compelling reason to do a Doom film than all means go for it but I would prefer it’d be after the FF are established in the MCU. I suspect Marvel could easily do Avengers 5 and make that heavily Doom centric like Infinity War was basically a Thanos film, and have Hawley direct that. I don’t see Marvel doing a straight-up villain movie. I’d imagine after Doom is established in the MCU they would opt to give his own spin-off series on Disney Plus much like how Loki was given one after being in the MCU for as long as he was.

This film would probably have very little of the ff in it (most likely reed and ben in college), so would it matter if the ff were established or not?

Darn shame. Legion was once again awesome last night.

What a shame. I would have loved to see it.

I wonder if marvel already have someone in mind to pitch a doctor doom story? Then again maybe they’re just thinking anything even remotely connected to fox will end up like dark Phoenix

What a shame. I would have loved to see it.

I wonder if marvel already have someone in mind to pitch a doctor doom story? Then again maybe they’re just thinking anything even remotely connected to fox will end up like dark Phoenix

I doubt it, for all their faults fox still made the likes of deadpool and logan. The russos commented that they would love to see hawleys take. Alan horn showed pictures of deadpool at cinema con and said he'd love to see more of that guy (at the time it was still under the fox banner but that seems to have changed with the quaterly reports). Feige will probably take a look, he may not think it's right for the mcu or may need adjustment but i think he'll still take a look.

Having just finished the finale of Legion....this is Marvel’s loss.

This film would probably have very little of the ff in it (most likely reed and ben in college), so would it matter if the ff were established or not?
I’d just rather see a properly done FF film first and would rather they give Doom a break for awhile.

Anyway, reading the interview it seems Hawley’s comments on the matter were misunderstood. Other outlets are making it sound like he said the movie isn’t happening because he said “the movie is done” along with Legion. But when you read the whole interview in context he’s likely referring to his new movie that’s coming out soon that’s done “Lucy In The Sky”(formerly titled Pale Blue Dot).
Being that we are in front of a Marvel backdrop with Legion, where is the Doctor Doommovie at? You’ve spoken before about having a script ready but that ownership changes have put maybe a little pin in it for a while. Where does it stand in your perspective now with Disney taking control of the Fox assets formally this past spring?

HAWLEY: I mean, where it stands is now that the movie is done and Legion is done and I’ve taken a little time off because someone told me there was this word “vacation,” which means you don’t work, which sounded really interesting to me. But you know, I need to circle back to them and announce that I would love to make it and figure out if that’s something that is possible. Whether or not they already have a plan in place for what to do with those characters or whether they’re open to my kind of vision for what to do with those characters. But it’s sort of on me right now to go push them, which I will do as soon as I come up for air.

So all Hawley said here was that he’s taking a break after finishing two projects( ‘Legion’ and ‘Lucy In The Sky’) so he isn’t doing anything with the Doom film at the moment but he will once he gets back to work and will try to have more meetings with Marvel. He never said definitively said the Doom film isn’t going to happen.

He even refers to the Lucy film as ‘the movie’ a few times before this snippet of the interview. Which is just his way of mentioning his upcoming movie that has already finished post-production. He wasn’t talking about the Doom film. He was just talking about the new movie with Portman that’s already finished along with Legion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"