Hawley's Doctor Doom Film

I personally hope this movie is officially greenlighted and integrated into the MCU....having an entire film devoted to Doom, being a loose adaptation of Brubaker's "Books of Doom", would be a dream come true for me...now just cast Mads Mikkelsen at least as the voice of Doom behind the mask or even as Victor himself...he is who I have envisioned for years as the good Doctor....set this movie up to tell the story of the greatest villain for Marvel, allude to his rivalry with Richards, and then this could lead to the F4 movie that will inevitably come out....

Mads was already in doctor strange but I agree with you on everything else. I think there’s a perfect spot in the mcu for a doctor doom movie and as fans we should be endorsing it

Mads was already in doctor strange but I agree with you on everything else. I think there’s a perfect spot in the mcu for a doctor doom movie and as fans we should be endorsing it

I realize he was...but I feel like he was wasted on Kaecilius..if he can't be Victor himself, I think his voice would be perfect once that mask is on his face....

Watching the Legion premier only reaffirmed my desire to have Hawley play around in the MCU in some capacity. What a show.

Yeah I feel like we’re long overdue for it and Hawley and doom feels like the perfect team up.

Gosh just imagine how epic the battles would be in a doctor doom movie?

I'd rather have this than an F4 film if Peyton Reed really does end up the director on that

Watching the Legion premier only reaffirmed my desire to have Hawley play around in the MCU in some capacity. What a show.

Absolutely agree!
I understand Legion isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but man oh man - those visual effects and camera work are phenomenal for a TV budget. I’d absolutely would love to see an episode on the big screen.

But on that note — I’m sure Kevin Feige has looked at Hawley’s work and have no doubts he will be part of Marvels future.

Hmm I'll have to check it out.

I hope it happens.

I think it will.

I also predict Hawley entering the MCU would result in more then one film.

Absolutely agree!
I understand Legion isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but man oh man - those visual effects and camera work are phenomenal for a TV budget. I’d absolutely would love to see an episode on the big screen.

But on that note — I’m sure Kevin Feige has looked at Hawley’s work and have no doubts he will be part of Marvels future.
Russo's also gave Hawley their blessing. I'm sure that played a role in these talks.

Legion just keeps getting better and better this season.
My oh my.

Give this man a film. I think he's earned it.

Well since the entire lineup of Phase 4 has been announced I think I'll just hope for Doom to come in Phase 5.

I would like both. No need to sacrifice one for the other. In fact they would probably compliment each other well
Why not do both? Go the Shazam and Black Adam route but unlike WB, actually go through with it. Do a Books of Doom movie with a Fantastic Four movie coming out the same year with the Mole Man being the original villain. Doom is to deep and rich to be a one off villain introduced in one film. Build him up in his own film. He has deep enough history to do so.

Yeah absolutely. I mean the truth is he’s just too big a character for a fantastic four movie. I wonder if feige has started talking to people about the role? I mean he’s read hawley’s script (I wish I got to!)

SPOILER ALERT: ‘Legion’ Series Finale – EP On Marvel Show End, Dr. Doom Pic – Deadline

DEADLINE: Being that we are in front of a Marvel backdrop with Legion, where is the Doctor Doom movie at? You’ve spoken before about having a script ready but that ownership changes have put maybe a little pin in it for a while. Where does it stand in your perspective now with Disney taking control of the Fox assets formally this past spring?

HAWLEY: I mean, where it stands is now that the movie is done and Legion is done and I’ve taken a little time off because someone told me there was this word “vacation,” which means you don’t work, which sounded really interesting to me. But you know, I need to circle back to them and announce that I would love to make it and figure out if that’s something that is possible. Whether or not they already have a plan in place for what to do with those characters or whether they’re open to my kind of vision for what to do with those characters. But it’s sort of on me right now to go push them, which I will do as soon as I come up for air.

giphy.gif

I’ve said this before and I’ll keep saying this again: Feige, if he does anything with this project, would be repurpose it as television series on Disney Plus.

This film only existed because it was one of the few options Fox had left following the dismal state they left the franchise in after FFINO. They were in danger of losing the rights again and frankly they weren’t going to spend another hundred million dollars on another FF film after the last one crashed and burned as hard as it did. The Doom film was always Fox’s less costly way to keep the rights. Now that Disney bought Fox and Marvel has the rights to FF forever there’s no need to do a Doom film, especially not one before the FF are properly introduced in the MCU.

I just think it could be a good way to approach the property differently
We've already seen two origin FF movies, Marvel may not want to do that again, same as they avoided Spidey's Origin... Doom could still lead in to eventual FF films
Plus, Marvel hasn't done the "villain film" thing yet, so that may be appealing to them as well

I just think it could be a good way to approach the property differently
We've already seen two origin FF movies, Marvel may not want to do that again, same as they avoided Spidey's Origin... Doom could still lead in to eventual FF films
Plus, Marvel hasn't done the "villain film" thing yet, so that may be appealing to them as well
That’s like saying after AMS2 Marvel could approach the Spider-Man property differently is by making a Green Goblin spinoff film. It makes no sense to do a Doom film before the FF are established in the MCU, imo. With Fox, it made sense since that was always more of desperate way to hold on to the rights after FFINO made the prospect of making another FF film impossible. If not a Doom film, the. Fox would’ve been gravely in danger of losing the rights(though they ultimately lost the rights anyway) and likely wouldn’t be beat the rights reversion deadline the next time. So a Doom film was their way to have their cake, and eat it too since it would be significantly less expensive than doing a proper effects heavy Fantastic Four film would allow. Where the main characters are basically walking special effects.

But now that Disney has the rights, or more specially Marvel has the rights back and they have the backing of the most successful franchise ever and they could easily revive the Fantastic Four in a new and exciting way without the need of a unnecessary villain spin-off film.

You can approach the property differently but just doing a FF film differently than what has been done before like Homecoming was different from any other Spider-Man film. And Marvel kind of already did a villain film with Infinity War which focused pretty heavily on Thanos.

Agreed! They’d be foolish not to work with Hawley!
Why? Because you personally like him? There is nothing foolish to choose not to do something if you are not satisfied with how this thing will get made. Its a different decision, not foolish....

Why? Because you personally like him? There is nothing foolish to choose not to do something if you are not satisfied with how this thing will get made. Its a different decision, not foolish....

True, I guess I'm just disappointed.

I’ve said this before and I’ll keep saying this again: Feige, if he does anything with this project, would be repurpose it as television series on Disney Plus.

This film only existed because it was one of the few options Fox had left following the dismal state they left the franchise in after FFINO. They were in danger of losing the rights again and frankly they weren’t going to spend another hundred million dollars on another FF film after the last one crashed and burned as hard as it did. The Doom film was always Fox’s less costly way to keep the rights. Now that Disney bought Fox and Marvel has the rights to FF forever there’s no need to do a Doom film, especially not one before the FF are properly introduced in the MCU.

Disagree completely. For me this is far more interesting than an ff or xmen reboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"