Hype Forum Review Showcase

I just saw the movie last night and was one of 6 in the cinema (it had just come out last Friday here).

The movie itself was mediocre in my opinion and the ending made no sense to me. Even if that black cloud was Galactus (which I was not happy about) how the hell does the Surfer have the power to just banish him?

This was a far cry from the comic. Other plot holes is why the hell Doom still has electricity powers when he lost his metal form and why he would be putting on a mask when he has no scars to hide.

The rest seemed way too rushed in my opinion.

It's been about 6 weeks since i've seen FF2 in theaters so to say i'm late with posting my thoughts is an understatement.:p

I'm always terrible at reviews but here's my lame attempt at one....it's late.:o

I went to FF2 with family (mother and sis) at the end of July. Both loved it but thought it was waaay too short for what they've become accustomed to where action movies are concerned. I thought it was better than the average first FF movie though the sequel doesn't put FF in the league of great comic book movie franchises IMO.

Reed Richards' portrayal was an improvement this time around now that he finally is portrayed as a leader (the vfx was not though) as were Sue Storm and Dr.Doom even though he's not 100% comic Doom.

What really made the film for me was the Silver Surfer. I think Story and co. completely nailed it there.The characterization, voice, look - they got pretty much everything right about him and i enjoyed every second that he was on screen.One of my favorite non-action scenes is Sue and SS's chat inside the base.

The action with the Fantasticar, cosmic Doom, the London Eye, Black Forrest was a real treat.Finally the FF were globetrotting like they do in the comics.

Some of my critisms are the very short running time (90 minutes is not fitting for an action-epic), the lack of good screen time for Ben and Alicia (such a waste), a good long finale and....Galactus. It would have been nice if they showed that the big guy is more than just gas or an intergalactic planeteating cloud.I couldn't even make out the silhouette of his helmet that many people have spoken of.

The wedding at times felt more like a distraction than anything. IMO they would better off focusing more on Doom and using more elements from the classic Coming Of Galactus story.

Overall i'd say i enjoyed it but there's still a lot of room for improvement for FF3 (if that ever happens) to make it the ultimate FF movie.I'm honestly not sure if Tim Story and Don Payne are the right people to bring that kind to the big screen especially while Fox are still in control.

6 1/2 out 10:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"