Does anyone feel as if they've spoiled the movie for themselves?

VoiceOfReason

Civilian
Reaction score
I feel like I've seen too much. When I go to the theater to watch the movie, I am already going to know what happens. It's going to be like "Oh this is the part when... and now this is when... oh Peter should be doing this now... oh yeah and now this is happening..."

Perhaps I just feel that the trailers have shown too much, and I've spoiled a lot of the surprise for myself, especially now that I know what Venom looks like. I'm a little pissed at myself.

I feel like I've seen too much. When I go to the theater to watch the movie, I am already going to know what happens. It's going to be like "Oh this is the part when... and now this is when... oh Peter should be doing this now... oh yeah and now this is happening..."

Perhaps I just feel that the trailers have shown too much, and I've spoiled a lot of the surprise for myself, especially now that I know what Venom looks like. I'm a little pissed at myself.

I don't know, I don't necessarily feel as though I've "spoiled" it for myself. But I'm always a little pissed at myself about one thing or another, that'll never change.

i did that with x3... trust me, they aren't showing nearly as much as they did with x3. they showed the entire movie through trailers and TV spots...

i've kept my eyes away from the "novelization thread" because i want to keep a little bit of the movie a surprise... but i have spoiled myself a little as well.

guess we should stop coming to these boards!

I feel like that a little. Reading the book will sorta do that to ya. Oh, well. I'm still WAY excited to actually see what's described in the book.

Serves you all right. You b1tched and moaned for info and now that they gave it to you, you're complaining abot it...I bet you clowns even bought ad read the novel. You guys are pathetic. You'd think that this lesson would have been learned already...... but no.

I am happy I know what happens. It gives me a safe sense of security :)

I have to admit, I do feel like that a little bit sometimes- but I know I have no-one to blame but myself. And although I have the novelisation next to me, I've done a reasonably good job of resisting it so far. ;)

Serves you all right. You b1tched and moaned for info and now that they gave it to you, you're complaining abot it...I bet you clowns even bought ad read the novel. You guys are pathetic. You'd think that this lesson would have been learned already...... but no.

That's the whole point. You are obviously unfamiliar with the notion of foreplay :oldrazz:

The moral here is, well, be careful what you wish for.

It's totally ruined for me! And I blame all you guys! Talking! Talking! Talking! You people surely know how to spoil a movie for a Mod!

Grrrrrrrrrr............... :mad:

:rolleyes:

may i suggest NOT to come to the spoilers forum? i don't mean that in a mean way, just if you feel spoiled, get out of this forum while you still can. personally, i plan to stay away from here within 2 weeks of the release or at least not come here as much as i do. i don't wanna pull another x3 again!

may i suggest NOT to come to the spoilers forum? i don't mean that in a mean way, just if you feel spoiled, get out of this forum while you still can. personally, i plan to stay away from here within 2 weeks of the release or at least not come here as much as i do. i don't wanna pull another x3 again!

Yeah, that's great advise for me. :hyper:

Brilliantly said.

And they're going to do the same thing with SM4, beg for information, get it, and then complain about they know too much, such idiots these people are.:dry:

That's how I feel at the moment... I bought the novelization, but I haven't read it by now. And I guess I won't read it until the film starts.
I know that it is my own fault... I came to these boards in order to get as much info as possible... Now I even know the possibly coolest and most surprising part of the movie...
Venom's death

I did that with X3 as well... watched every trailer, every tv-spot, every preview, every single pic... and when watching the film I realized that I already knew the whole thing.

With sm3 it's even worse... I read the summary back in february 2006, which turned out to be true (not all of it, but the most)...

In terms of how Venom looks, I'm glad I know.. I've pieced a FEW things together myself, just by watching the trailers..

I'm pretty happy that I don't know a lot of what is going on though.. like with Gwen Stacey, how the Symbiote gets to earth (well, I've seen that one pic), how the bad guys are defeated..

I'm still REALLY interested in the whole black-spidey-mask thing.. I have my own ideas about how that will play out (as the symbiote doesn't touch his mask) so that'll be interesting to see.

FORTUNATELY, i steered WAY clear of the novel..

May the fourth be with us :)

i think most of us would want to got to the non-spoilers forum but that plcae is idk. what's a word that means it's empty but not really? admit it everyone, you'll try not to be spoiled but you come to the spoilers forum in the end. i guess things here are just more interesting. oh well. still, i'm gonna try to be out of here 2 weeks before the release when promotions for the movie are gonna be everywhere.

I ruined Spider-Man 2 for myself. I went into the theatre and really didn't enjoy it at all. Thats why I've been avoiding the Spidey3 Hype forums as much as I can. You people find out too damn much, and I'm too interested to look away.

Yeah, I've pretty much spoiled the whole thing for myself. I know the all the major action scenes, what happens to the villains, etc. etc.

I did the same thing with Star Wars Ep. 3... It just happens, I can't resist. Oh well, it gets me even more excited for the movie.

remember supershadow now he was annoying he was the gamesmeister of his day

Another one of these "Oh,no! I spoiled myself" threads eh? I told you voice, you shoulda worn a diaper. :p

Not but really, isn't that the whole reason we are here? Because we like sucking it all in...I mean that's why I am here, and a part of the reason I don't b**** and moan about being spoiled. Girls like to be spoiled. :D

Things have also changed in the movie from the book, or scenes we've already seen. So I am expecting a few surprises anyway.

I feel ok about it . . . it was different with the last two; I never came on spoiler boards -- hell, I don't think I even had the internet when the first one came out. I must admit that I never look for spoilers for other movies, just something about Spidey that can never be quenched with me. I'm not gonna beat myself up about knowing pretty much the entire film because it will be amazing to see it all play out. And anyway, I know what happens in the first two, but it doesn't stop me enjoying them . . . over and over and over and -- you get the point. ;)

Yeah I feel a bit spoiled but I'm not going to blame it on the spoiler forum. I blame it on the trailers. They give away so much and you don't even have to be on a forum to know that. I was hoping for a big surprise and now I feel like I won't get it. Hopefully there is still something surprising about the movie.

People already realize that it's their own fault for spoiling the movie -- VoiceOfReason already admitted that he's mad at himself for following the movie too closely. I don't think we need to go over the whole "You're pathetic for complaining" thing again; by this point I think everyone in this thread realizes who is at fault.

That said, I could care less whether I know what happens or not. If I did, I wouldn't be here. I know many people will differ with me on this point, but, I could know every detail about this movie, down to what color his pants are 33:41 into the movie, and I wouldn't feel that seeing the movie was any less interesting or entertaining. For me, reading about what happens in a movie isn't the same experience as actually watching the movie. Unless of course, you're talking about a movie like The Sixth Sense.

well, i didn't wanna see venom until the movie, but i just couldn't help it, and plus the trailers didn't help much either in hiding him.

but i still want to see everything fall into place...and place there is so much they DIDN'T show...i'm going to be on the edge of my seat during this movie...be surprised left and right, front wards and backwards...and any other directions i can go :D

You guys are sony's dreams come true. Piece by piece they could give you a whole spidey movie, spoiling everything from the fabric of the costumes to a piece of pixilated debris falling to the ground in the last CG shot and like sheep, they know you'll flock in unspeakbale droves, throwing away your money at footage that you all would have ultimately already seen.

*Claps*

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"