• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Super Mario Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score

This Week In Sales: Ouch, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. February 19, 2014 . 11:31am

Sales data acquired from 4Gamer, Media Create and Geimin.net.Last week, Nintendo released Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze in Japan, and the game sold an absurdly low number of copies in its first week.

Period: The week of February 10th – February 16th (2014)
Top-seller: Dragon Quest Monsters 2 – 118,427
Nintendo 3DS sales: 12,066 | Total sales: 9,380,827
Nintendo 3DS XL sales: 27,650 | Total sales: 5,728,955
PlayStation Vita sales: 17,081 | Total sales: 2,479,436
Vita TV sales: 1,267 | 92,466
Wii U sales: 8,782 | Total sales: 1,634,688
<< Last week’s software sales chart
<< How to read and understand sales

Last week, Nintendo released Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze in Japan, and the game sold an absurdly low number of copies in its first week on store shelves. Tropical Freeze sold just 35,717 copies and barely lifted Wii U hardware sales, which were at 8,782 units.

Here’s an idea of how badly Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze did: Donkey Kong Country Returns, which was released in 2010 for the Wii, sold 163,310 copies in its first week. A port of that game, released for the Nintendo 3DS in 2013, sold 104,569 copies in its first week. Tropical Freeze is nowhere near those numbers.

In other news, Yo-kai Watch for the Nintendo 3DS is at 423,836 copies sold. Level 5 announced this morning that they’ve shipped 500,000 copies of the game to retailers thus far, so that leaves approximately another 75,000 copies to get through.

The top-20 software sales chart for last week is as follows:

Lw/
Tw / Title/Weekly Sales/Total Sales / Sys./ Publisher

01.01.Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Marvelous Mysterious Key118,427562,0833DSSquare Enix

New
02.Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze35,717NewWiiUNintendo

New
03.Let’s Go on the A-Train 3D27,009New3DSArtDink

05.04.Kirby Triple Deluxe23,017440,1313DSNintendo

04.05.Yo-kai Watch22,230423,8363DSLevel 5

New
06.Magi: A Brand New World15,793New3DSNamco Bandai

06.07.Puzzle & Dragons Z15,4621,359,2413DSGungHo

02.08.Puyo Puyo Tetris13,71758,3453DSSega

03.09.Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost13,704313,291PS3Namco Bandai

10.10.Pokémon X and Y12,7503,950,3223DSPokémon Co.

09.11.Diablo III7,34562,277PS3Square Enix

22.12.Super Mario 3D World6,952489,596WiiUNintendo

11.13.Sengoku Basara 46,611224,094PS3Capcom

07.14.Terraria6,24521,315PSVSpike Chunsoft

17.15.Grand Theft Auto V5,904707,610PS3Take 2

21.16.Sentouchuu: Survival Battle of the Legendary Ninjas!5,450270,8463DSNamco Bandai

24.17.Animal Crossing: New Leaf5,2753,672,5433DSNintendo

15.18.Attack on Titan5,273248,0793DSSpike Chunsoft

20.19.Monster Hunter 45,1033,219,1683DSCapcom

16.20.The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds4,785377,4323DSNintendo

Sales data acquired
from 4Gamer , Media Create and Geimin.net

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze releases on Friday, our review will be up then as well. Right now though, let's take a moment to appreciate one of its standout features: David Wise's incredible soundtrack. I mean, come on. This is an awesome song!
http://youtu.be/ss421nbCAJE

[YT]ss421nbCAJE[/YT]Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Soundtrack - Grassland Groove
youtube.com

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (WiiU) (Nintendo) Song: Grassland Groove Composer:...

source: Siliconera,
GI
& EPD.TV/ROTR's Face Book.

Last edited:
ok latest reviews one that was already put up this week beside the one uptop of this

• GI Rating9.25
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

hot-post.png
    cafe-icon.png

on Feb 17, 2014 at 07:01 AM

DK returns (again) with a smooth, finely tuned blend of wonder and punishment.
    ... more
and a more recent one which was put up to day

Reviews

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Review

Nintendo proves once again that there's always money in the banana stand.

synopsis: They chilled out with Donkey kong Tropical Freeze while the production values and the tuned controls remain strong it's also overly challenging and a little chaotic.

Scott's Score 6.5 Vic's Score 8.0

Source: GI & EPD>TV/ROTR

Last edited:
I'll wait a few days before making judgements. It just released in the US, I think that'll be the big market for this game.

Really love this game. It's hard as hell but that's part of why its good. This series is known for its challenging levels. Really great game, I highly reccommend them

Love this game. It's fantastic. It's visually stunning and a hell of a lot of fun to play. I bought the Pro Controller to play it with and it's beyond awesome!!!

Just beat the first world/area and this game is FUN!!! I love having three Kong's to tag-team with DK. And that first boss fight was LONG!

This is going to be good!

I can't belive people are complaining and even scoring it worse because of the difficulty. seriously what world are we living it. Bunch of nancyboys

I know right? They won't complain about Dark Souls but they'll complain about Donkey Kong? Seriously?

Was it hard? Yeah! But I never rage quit, I wanted to keep going, to make it. And I did. The difficulty is what made it fun. Idiots.

Yeah agreed and its a staple of the series.

exactly! If you want a challenge, but don't want to be brutalized, go play Mario (not an insult, it's just the difference in the styles). If you want a challenge that'll test your skills play DK.

The only time I got pissed in the game was the underwater levels. **** any water level in any game ever made in the history of the universe.

Even the new Mario is hard towards the end. I love that Nintendo is making these games challenging.

3D World's main levels are pretty easy, but those post-game levels can get pretty brutal. Especially the last three worlds. **** all of them.

I still haven't picked this up, trying to focus on school right now, but I probably will pretty soon. May get it and DCKR at the same time.

That pufferfish boss was a hellish experience. I hate underwater levels.

I almost pulled my hair out on that boss! UGH HE WAS SO HARD!!!! But I kept the faith, and I won, and I ate sushi later!!!! just kidding, I didn't.

I finally picked this game up and started playing. The game can be pretty tough at times, but I LOVE hard platformers. The graphics are STUNNING and the music is great. I prefer to play it on my Pro Controller with the D-pad. Good stuff so far. I may try to 100% it? We'll see, MK is about to come out, so who knows how much time I'll spend on that.

100%? Weakness. 200% or nothing.

[blackout]I'm stuck at World 4 'cause I hate underwater stuff so much :([/blackout]

What side character do you guys like: Diddy, Dixie or Cranky?

I think I like Dixie the most. I wish Cranky controlled more like Scrooge McDuck in Ducktales.

i found myself using dixie and cranky more
was a little disappointed with cranky, i thought he would control more like scrooge where u hold the button down

great game though, finally beat the game this week :D

I bought this today. It's fun but quite challenging!

I wish they had updated funkys look a bit though. He's so 90s. They should have made him a bit of a hipster/tech head type guy.

So glad to see Dixie again though. I have no idea why nintendo don't do more with her

Switch
[FONT=&quot]Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Switch overview trailer[/FONT]
Published 4 hours ago. 11 comments.

Switch version due out on May 4.

Donkey-Kong-Tropical-Freeze-Switch_04-13-18.jpg

Nintendo has released a Japanese overview trailer for the Switch version of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.
Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.co.uk:
About
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is powering up for the franchise’s debut on Nintendo Switch! The invading Snowmads have locked Donkey Kong Island in a deep freeze, and it’s up to the Kongs to thaw things out!
Join Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong and Funky Kong as they swim, swing, spring and surf through islands packed with hazards, hidden collectibles, and unforgettable boss encounters! Use each character’s unique moves to explore every corner of each island, unearth special items and even hidden exits.
Funky Town
Exclusively on Nintendo Switch, enjoy a chill new mode as groovy surfing simian Funky Kong! He can double jump, hover, perform infinite rolls and even perform infinite underwater corkscrews! Thanks to his sturdy surfboard, even spikes can’t slow him down. With this righteous dude, even stages packed with perils can be smooth surfing.
Co-Op Kong
Play the whole game by yourself, or partner up with a pal in two-player co-operative mode. Work together as a team and put the Snowmads’ plans on ice!
Enjoy this funky adventure anytime, anywhere, with anyone!
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is due out for Switch on May 4. It is currently available on Wii U.

Watch the trailer below.
[YT]_oMGg7OgzcY[/YT]

source: Gematsu

I have this on the Wii U and I enjoyed it very much, however, I never did get round to completing the game, so yes, I will be picking up the Switch version - for the fact that I can take the game elsewhere... ;)

]

got a new review with sonme classic review of Tropical freez

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]avewDqjA1rc[/YT][FONT=Roboto !important]05:18
[/FONT]

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Nintendo Switch Review! - Electric Playground

[FONT=Roboto !important]510 views 9 hours ago Published on 05/08/2018

[FONT=Roboto !important]Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze has made the jump from the Wii U onto the Nintendo Switch, and Victor Lucas has a review!
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

here's are the classic's below

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]trmqe9BlTRM[/YT]
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) Classic Review!
[FONT=Roboto !important]217 views9 hours ago Published on 05/09/2018

[FONT=Roboto !important]Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze has landed on the Nintendo Switch, but back in 2014, it first landed on the Wii U. Here's a classic review with Scott Jones and Victor Lucas
[/FONT]

[/FONT]
lastly

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
hqdefault.jpg

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important][YT]23dX1jlHRQY[/YT]
Donkey Kong 64 Classic Review! - Electric Playground

[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]396 views8 hours ago Published on 05/09/2018

[FONT=Roboto !important]Donkey Kong 64 unfortunately wasn't as good as the Donkey Kong Country on the Super Nintendo. Watch this classic review with Tommy Tallarico and Victor Lucas to [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]find out why! [/FONT]

source:
EPN.tv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"