Iron Man 2 Downey talks Iron Man 2

louiebling$

Just Chucking with you
Reaction score
http://www.moviehole.net/200814569-downey-jr-talks-iron-man-2

The Pick Up Artist himself (before your time kids, just pretend I didn't say anything), Robert Downey Jr chatted up IESB a couple of days back and offered up some dirt on the upcoming "Iron Man 2". "Our goals are more of the same. The idea that he said he's Iron Man in part 1...it's one thing to say it, and it's another thing to actually evolve to the point where you can live in a heroic fashion. You know, they say, ‘The superhero movie always needs to follow...' and I said who is that guy? Get him out of here! We want to do what worked for us last time, in a way that evolves. We're talking about a guy who is put in an extraordinary circumstance, and the people that are around him, and how that creates a sense of family, and how that disrupts whatever forces that we have to say that are working [in his life]. I like the idea of an Iron Man 2 that you're able to understand various points of view. You're able to touch on some subjects that are a lot more far reaching, while still grounding it in entertainment."
Get all that!?
Meanwhile, Latino Review asked Downey Jr about the chances of Captain America or Thor popping up in the next film - and he seemed to indicate that there was the possibility of a couple of cameos in the future flick.

Here's an excerpt from the new ComingSoon interview

Q: How excited are you to do another "Iron Man"?
Downey Jr.: I'm stoked. I'm into it. I'm excited to do another "Iron Man" right.

Q: Did you get Justin the job?
Downey Jr.: Yes.

Q: Why was it?
Downey Jr.: Because this is a really complex movie and there's a lot of moving parts and there's a lot of things that had to be executed in a particular way and he's a great partner in that endeavor. Ben obviously had a lot to do with getting the script right too.

Q: So much of what made "Iron Man" work was your contributions to each scene. Are you having a hand in developing the script?
Downey Jr.: Yeah, we're kind of building it from the ground up but I also have to let go because there's an aspect, particularly after the success of things, I noticed my narcissism got dialed up. Suddenly, for a minute, I felt like everyone needed to take a knee and listen to what I had to say because I *****in' made it and my way works and all this stuff. I could tell when I'm looking around the room or in a script meeting when Jon's looking at me like, "Alright, he's being really hurtful right now. I gotta be the bigger person." Then I go home and I go, "Oh my God, what's happening to me? I gotta get grounded here." Because there's a tendency to start, because if something's unrequited for a long time and then you achieve it, that hurt or the feelings associated with it, they'll hijack your head and you'll start, it's weird.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/interviewsnews.php?id=47764

Ironman is now Sherlock Holmes as well...

Another interview with Downey. The biggest news out of this one is that he doesn't get a break b/w Sherlock Holmes and Iron Man 2.

'Iron Man II' has to be in the works right now.

Downey: Yes. Are you mad at me? I'm just asking. 'Iron Man II' is in the works.

It's not going to be with The Hulk is it?

Downey: No.

Thank you.

Downey: I'm partial too. I want to keep everything focus and keep it focused on me [laughs]. I think it's for the best of the movie.

But the idea has been thrown around for other characters to be in it, I'm sure, with 'The Avengers' project?

Downey: Yeah. It's this big world that's kind of hard to navigate because you want to be able to setup 'Avengers' in 'Iron Man II', but you don't want to –

Take the focus off of you?

Downey: Ever. Or take such a big leap where as before we were grounded in reality and now we start going into the Marvel Universe. I don't know much about this, but I just know that we go scene to scene to scene and we have some great scenes that I think will be really surprising, that having taken all this goodwill and success and decided to do something even more kind of risky and something that represents the way that Jon thinks and the way that I like to develop a character. So it's going to be good.

Do you know what heroes will make appearances, Captain America, Thor?

Downey: I can neither confirm nor deny that. There are a lot of rumors and honestly nothing is set in stone right now.

There was talk about doing 'Demon In The Bottle' for the second or third 'Iron Man' story. Then 'Hancock' came out. Did that change things at all?

Downey: No.

So it's still whatever you guys want to do?

Downey: Yeah. It's not any more than we're not going to make our 'Sherlock Holmes' because some other clowns have made 'Sherlock Holmes'. As a matter of fact ours already has a start date.

Are you going to have any time between the next 'Iron Man' and 'Sherlock Holmes'?

Downey: No. Straight back to back. Nothing. Sometimes it's hard to stay grounded in the best of times, but I think that when things really start spinning – any can relate to this – it's like you go, 'Usually, things are unmanageable, but I still managed.' Then there are just times when it's the 'Wizard of Oz' and you're house is spinning like this and you're like, 'Alright, well **** it.' What are you going to do, be like, 'I need this house to stop spinning right now!' So when unmanageability goes to complete and total powerless over the momentum of the way that things are going all you have, for me anyway, all I have is the only that matters anyway which is like, 'Am I cool right now? Am I being honest right now? Am I taking care of myself right now? Have I offended anyone? Do I need to make an apology to anyone? And have I eaten before noon –' because that can effect all the other things.

What's your start date for 'Sherlock Holmes'?

Downey: October 6th.
http://latinoreview.com/news/interview-robert-downey-jr-on-tropic-thunder-5192

Ok so their will be two Sherlock Homes Films? One comedy and one serious? I hope the one with Downey is serious. I know the comedy film doesn't have him in it. I can't wait for the 2 Iron Man film either ^^

Has anyone noticed, in the interviews he's doing for Tropic Thuder, he's already got the Stark beard, so filming must be right around the corner.

Has anyone noticed, in the interviews he's doing for Tropic Thuder, he's already got the Stark beard, so filming must be right around the corner.

Filming doesn't start until March '09.

It's probably for Sherlock Holmes.

Yeah, they can't be filming Iron Man first. There's no way they've got a cast/script already all done up. And if they had, I'd be a bit scared, since that's waaaayy too quick. They'll take a bit of time with it, they don't want to rush things.

*Takes whip out* CALM DOWN!!, there's still a long time until Filming starts :o

I'm glad to hear that hancock has not ruin the possible demon in the bottle storyline for iron man 2.

I don't even know why that was even an issue. Obviously Favs didn't have a screen play of Hancock but I doubt Favs was going to have Iron Man flying around with no helmet and boos in his hand destroying half the city to save an old lady crossing the street. WHy this was an issue is beyond me.

I agree the alcoholic superhero story for hancock is nothing like the demon in the bottle story but the thing is that causal audience who are not comic book readers would think iron man just copied that idea.

Has everyone read Downey's words about Batman and more over, DC? There's a man who doesn't seem worried about burning bridges.

You go Robert! If you're going to do it then you go all the way buddy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26255675/

I think he's just joking.

Other than that, I think it's time for the-so-called Marvel fans to choose their "party" and not of stupidity choose guys from the other side.

Filming doesn't start until March '09.

It's probably for Sherlock Holmes.

Well I can't wait to see the guy portray Sherlock Homes. I'm sure hey'll do a fabulous job on it, he always manages to steal the show :woot:

man, Downey has no respect for the others.
he calls people clowns. who does he think is?

Why didn't they do the usual 3 year gap between the movies...

Give the cast and crew some time to wind down... and prep for a next one.

I don't want Favreau to get the Raimi syndrome.

----------------------------

And about Downey with the Batman/DC thing... It must really sting him huh?. Thank god Nolan and Bale are more composed and professional.

I don't want Favreau to get the Raimi syndrome.
there was a gap of 2 years between Spidey 1 and 2. and the second is acclaimed the best.
if Favreau get the "Raimi syndrome" and do the second as good as Spidey 2 was, then we can thank to it.

I am excited for this movie, and I don't think they're rushing it. I have faith in Favreau.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"