• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Iron Man 2 Leterrier says that Favreau and Downey Jr. are writing the script for Iron Man 2?

Sarg92

Ouch!
Reaction score
21640xr9fj2.png

Iron Man 2 script & Avengers casting news

Louis Leterrier says new Avenger will feature in Iron Man 2 and Jackson, Downey and Norton set for Avengers in 2011

Louis Leterrier has revealed not only that Jon Favreau is currently writing Iron Man 2 with Robert Downey Jr., but that the sequel to the Spring blockbuster will feature a new character from the Avengers, after the brief appearance by Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury in the post-credits sequence of Iron Man.

Additionally Leterrier is reported to have said that 2011 will definitely bring Jackson, Downey Jr., Hulk actor Ed Norton and two other 'A-list actors' - presumably whichever A-listers get cast as Thor and Captain America in their respective upcoming movies that Marvel is also producing - together for the Avengers movie.

DoG source 'Mr Miyagi' spoke with Leterrier - who had just come from a meeting with Iron Man director Jon Favreau - at the Marvel Night at the Grand Rex in Paris in early July.

Current expected release dates are Iron Man 2 in 2010, Thor is pencilled in for 2010, Avengers in 2011 while The First Avenger: Captain America is due in May 2011 too.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/89673/iron_man_2_script_avengers_casting_news.html

I read that yesterday on advancediron.org and screenrants.com , interesting that it's Jon and Robert writing and not Justin Theroux that was signed to write the film. Personally I'm thrilled that it's in the hands of the guys who have the vision of what they want for the Iron Man franchise.

I read that yesterday on advancediron.org and screenrants.com , interesting that it's Jon and Robert writing and not Justin Theroux that was signed to write the film. Personally I'm thrilled that it's in the hands of the guys who have the vision of what they want for the Iron Man franchise.

They were always going to be writing the film, they just have an actual WRITER, writer with them.

Anyway, what I find more interesting is the fact that they had Louis meeting with Jon. Just the fact that they have all their directors meeting with each other to discuss the future of the universe and the portrayal of the characters is an amazing thing, but I wonder if we should be taking that meeting as a hint of something? Like whether the Hulk himself or one of his supporting characters may appear in IM2.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Hulk will be the Avenger character that shows up in IM2.

Didn't Marvel say that it would be Thor that makes a short appearance in Iron Man 2 after Marvel announced their slate of films for the upcoming years. Iron Man 2 and Thor come out in the same year with Iron Man 2 coming out first so it would kinda make sense to have Thor make an appearance in Iron Man 2 and then see him in his own film a couple of months later.

However some guys that attended a special advance screening of The Incredible Hulk met with Leterrier, Feige and Hurd. Basically Fegie talked about the upcoming Marvel productions and said that they are hoping to have Hulk make an appearance in the last ten minutes of Iron Man 2.

And Leterrier met with Favreau so they could have been discussing how to have Hulk pop up in the film.

Who knows!

21640xr9fj2.png

Iron Man 2 script & Avengers casting news

Louis Leterrier says new Avenger will feature in Iron Man 2 and Jackson, Downey and Norton set for Avengers in 2011

Louis Leterrier has revealed not only that Jon Favreau is currently writing Iron Man 2 with Robert Downey Jr., but that the sequel to the Spring blockbuster will feature a new character from the Avengers, after the brief appearance by Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury in the post-credits sequence of Iron Man.

Additionally Leterrier is reported to have said that 2011 will definitely bring Jackson, Downey Jr., Hulk actor Ed Norton and two other 'A-list actors' - presumably whichever A-listers get cast as Thor and Captain America in their respective upcoming movies that Marvel is also producing - together for the Avengers movie.

DoG source 'Mr Miyagi' spoke with Leterrier - who had just come from a meeting with Iron Man director Jon Favreau - at the Marvel Night at the Grand Rex in Paris in early July.

Current expected release dates are Iron Man 2 in 2010, Thor is pencilled in for 2010, Avengers in 2011 while The First Avenger: Captain America is due in May 2011 too.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/89673/iron_man_2_script_avengers_casting_news.html

I'm really excited about this and what direction it's taking, but we should really take this with a grain of salt, I mean, Leterrier isn't known for speaking the whole truth. Still excited for it though.:bh::im:

Hearing news like this makes me sad that FOX will continue to piss all over X-MEN and the FF. I'm sure Favreau, RDJ, and Theroux can knock IM2 out of the park.

P.S. is there a bigger version of the picture attached to the article?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Hulk will be the Avenger character that shows up in IM2.

NEW character from Avengers.... IM2 will be too jam packed for Hulk... I could see an Ant-Man cameo... anyone but Thor... if Thor is in there then it means nothing but cross promotion which is cheap and unnecessary.

Anyone else starting to feel Lettier may end up with the Avengers mantle? It just seems like he is really in the loop on the happening in Marvel from this news, to being shown the pre-production Cap stuff, etc.

I think Lettier may be our Avengers director.

Why is Letterier saying anything at all? Bloody French.

Is he trying to muscle in? Keep him the hell off Avengers.

Why is Letterier saying anything at all? Bloody French.

Is he trying to muscle in? Keep him the hell off Avengers.

It shows he is passionate about these Marvel films and is willing to help in any way he can. I think it is pretty cool that directors from solo films meet up and possibly exchange ideas for future films.

It shows he is passionate about these Marvel films and is willing to help in any way he can. I think it is pretty cool that directors from solo films meet up and possibly exchange ideas for future films.
yah i agree... its better to co-op than play solo

yah i agree... its better to co-op than play solo
at the same time, collaboration brings in a lot of conflicting mentalities and personalities. it makes the process longer and more difficult. if it works out, then it'll be a smash hit. if there are unresolvable differences, then it could take away from the film.

Ultimately Marvel is calling the shots, and the whole point is that they need to align all this with as little conflicts as possible. So basically that means they have to get these guys on the same page in order to do it. And since this has been the ultimate goal from the beginning, hopefully they worked some of that out beforehand.

However, I do recall Marvel saying that Iron Man 2 would "help introduce Thor to audiences". So how we read into that could be unclear. That sort of implies its a way for us to see Thor before it gets into his own movie.

Favs said THor won't be cameoing... but knowing Favs... Thor may have an extended role meaning it's not a cameo. I think Thor will show up because Marvel will feel the need to cross promote but I am hoping that's not the case. And I still don't buy Norton as a lock for the Avengers film. If Avengers gets pushed back a year or so then I don't see Norton coming back if it has been more than three years after the last Hulk film he starred in.

Right basically though, Leterrier is not the most reliable source of information. So it could be like a smokescreen type of thing. And it's really hard to get a read on what Norton wants, with Norton being Norton.

I don't see Norton doing Avengers...Is he contractually obligated to?

Hmm, a new character...

If they want to get the original Avenger lineup together for when they do the film, this would be the ideal time to work Ant-Man into the plot somehow. Wasp too.

Personally I think they're two of the worst mainstream heroes Marvel offers, but that's just me.

I'd love to see Hawkeye show up, and thus be allowed to be part of an Avengers film. I always liked Clint Barton.

I think Hawkeye needs to be there, I'd honestly take him over Giant/Ant-Man and the Wasp anyday.

I don't see Norton doing Avengers...Is he contractually obligated to?

Well, like with any other actor, I think it's reported that Norton did sign a three-pic contract when he signed on for The Incredible Hulk (as was Liv Tyler and William Hurt too). Judging by how Marvel wanted to do crossovers and stuff before they signed on, it's more than likely that their contracts include an ensemble pic if need be.

So even if Downey and Norton didn't want to do The Avengers, Marvel and Paramount will exercise their sequel options to have them on anyway.

at the same time, collaboration brings in a lot of conflicting mentalities and personalities. it makes the process longer and more difficult. if it works out, then it'll be a smash hit. if there are unresolvable differences, then it could take away from the film.

yeah. look what happened between Marvel Films and Norton. Creative differences, scenes cut or shortened, characters left out (Doc Samson for instance, etc...etc)
I could go on....but I'll leave it at that ;)

So cool to see that Downey likes Iron Man so much that he wants it taken to the right direction, the man is just so awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"