Duncan Jones' Warcraft - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great. But what the hell do they choose for music????

Oh I will but something is off for me. Who knows, I might end up loving the movie.
I see. I'm kinda start feeling it, only some backgrounds are still look weak to me. But even if folks at BvS boards feel unsafe, who are we with our silly little games based movie?

I've been playing WoW since the Lich King days, i've been sold on this film since announcement.

I've been pretty sold on it. The latest TV spots have been a step up from the first trailer and while the effects aren't the best, I can tell there was a lot of effort put into this film and the director has shown a passion for the franchise behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Yes, I can totally see passion and an attempt to tell a story that is both faithful and has a heart. The first trailer was a bit underwhelming, but new footage feels much better.

It just looks too cartoonish to me. Like a CGI film.

I hope the movie is good.

Just an FYI for those interested, this week's (March 23rd) episode of Face Off on SyFy channel (special effects makeup competition for those that don't know) will be WarCraft themed. I'm not expecting them to show anything from the movie (except they may air one of the tv spots that we've gotten these past few days during one of the commercial breaks). One of the actors for the film (the one playing Orgrim) will be the guest judge:

S10E11 Synopsis:
Face Off
The Art of Warcraft
Characters from the World of Warcraft game come to life by the remaining artists who create realistic characters for the 2016 film adaptation, which stars guest judge Robert Kazinsky.
Find more about Face Off

Wednesday 9/8c

Sneak Peek video: https://youtu.be/TqtzBdUtQiw

Anywho, just thought I'd put it out there for those interested.

Also about Warcraft being mainstream, Heartstone is the new gateway to learn tiny weeny bit about Warcraft and i'm sure that mobile game will have some advertisenment tricks up it's sleeve.

By November 2015, there were more than 40 million registered Hearthstone accounts

You know, I was at the gym yesterday and Avatar was on the TV. I was amazed at how cartoonish it looked. Now, I know it's been a while and CGI has improved, but regardless of that, I'm sure there were a lot of people back then who either couldn't get into the film because it didn't look real enough to them or just shrugged all that off and enjoyed it anyway. BTW, I'm not an Avatar hater; I enjoyed it when it came out but it's been a long time since I've seen it.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that perhaps it won't matter how real everything looks in Warcraft. Maybe people will eat it up. However, just from my own perspective, I want to be salivating over this film and I'm not right now.

The CGI on the Orcs look better.

And Warcraft: the Beginning.... wha? :dry:

Last edited:
The CGI on the Orcs look better.

And Warcraft: the Beginning.... wha? :dry:
I think it's being called that in some of the overseas markets (i.e. like how Avengers was Avengers Assemble in the UK)

I think it's being called that in some of the overseas markets (i.e. like how Avengers was Avengers Assemble in the UK)

That makes since, though I thought it had something to due with the first war or something, lol.

looks like a decent time at the movies.

I've been playing WoW since the Lich King days, i've been sold on this film since announcement.

Indeed, I'll be there opening night for this. I really like what I'm seeing so far. I have faith in Duncan Jones. Been playing the game since vanilla, so I'd love to see this become a big hit and start a new franchise. Would be awesome to see the fall of Arthas and the birth of the Lich King on the big screen.

Last edited:
Indeed, I'll be there opening night for this. I really like what I'm seeing so far. I have faith in Duncan Jones. Been playing the game since vanilla, so I'd love to see this become a big hit and start a new franchise. Would be awesome to see the fall of Arthas and the birth of the Lich King on the big screen.
Yeah, I'd love for them to eventually get to WC III + expansion stuff. For me, though, it's mainly because I want to see a fully realized Illidan along with the Night Elves and the Naga.

I have no idea what you people are talking about, but I will see the movie when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"