Duncan Jones' Warcraft - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I was at the gym yesterday and Avatar was on the TV. I was amazed at how cartoonish it looked. Now, I know it's been a while and CGI has improved, but regardless of that, I'm sure there were a lot of people back then who either couldn't get into the film because it didn't look real enough to them or just shrugged all that off and enjoyed it anyway. BTW, I'm not an Avatar hater; I enjoyed it when it came out but it's been a long time since I've seen it.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that perhaps it won't matter how real everything looks in Warcraft. Maybe people will eat it up. However, just from my own perspective, I want to be salivating over this film and I'm not right now.

Everything in avatar looks better in the second half. In the first half was too clean
Once they were covered in war paint and ash they looked great. This shot remains one of my favorite pieces of cgi ever.
jake_sully_in_war_avatar_movie-wide.jpg

The trailers for WarCraft are getting better with each new one! Liked it a lot. Feels much more personal now, but still with some grand scale things. CGI looks much better too. Those spells look great, IMO.
82.gif
(Hope we gonna see and hear the Bloodlust spell. :cmad: :woot:)

See ya at the opening weekend, WarCraft. :cwink:

Forget the critical reviews, i really want this film to be successful enough to warrant a sequel.

A Warcraft film about the rise of the Lich King would be divine. :hmr:

Forget the critical reviews, i really want this film to be successful enough to warrant a sequel.

Getting to WC3 is definitely what I'm most hopeful for. That was the peak of Warcraft storytelling right there.

I've got a feeling it will be at least successful enough for a sequel. I think the budget was only about $100 million.

Everything in avatar looks better in the second half. In the first half was too clean
Once they were covered in war paint and ash they looked great. This shot remains one of my favorite pieces of cgi ever.
jake_sully_in_war_avatar_movie-wide.jpg

Yeah I agree there, and I still think Avatar looks amazing. The CGI in Warcraft looks just as amazing. This shot of Durotan is so lifelike it's incredible.

wcTrailer403.jpg

Yeah I agree there, and I still think Avatar looks amazing. The CGI in Warcraft looks just as amazing. This shot of Durotan is so lifelike it's incredible.

wcTrailer403.jpg

It's kind of weird. There are some shots in the trailers where the orcs look unbelievably lifelike and other shots where they looks more cartoonish.

Just saw a tv spot (not sure which one though), but there was a dwarf in it, and he was CGI I think.

And now I'm wondering, if they ever get to make a sequel where they introduce the elves, will they go full CGI for them too? Because that'd be... rather excessive I think. I can understand the orcs (and to an extent the dwarfs), but the elves aren't that inhuman looking. I dunno.

Last edited:
Just saw a tv spot (not sure which one though), but there was a dwarf in it, and he was CGI I think.
And now I'm wondering, if they ever get to make a sequel where they introduce the elves, will they go full CGI for them too? Because that'd be... rather excessive I think. Or maybe not. I don't know.

There are already elves in this film. You can see them in the background of some of the shots.
elves.png

Thanks, I totally missed them. And they're obviously not CGI. I guess that answers my question, lol.

Night elves would probably need to be CGI.
Some of them might need to be CGI (i.e. Furion and Illidan), the females might not need to be. I mean, physically they don't look that much different from the regular Elves, it's just that their skin is blue-purple. I could see them doing as much practically as they could and then enhancing elements with CGI.

Some of them might need to be CGI (i.e. Furion and Illidan), the females might not need to be. I mean, physically they don't look that much different from the regular Elves, it's just that their skin is blue-purple. I could see them doing as much practically as they could and then enhancing elements with CGI.

Yeah they may use CG elements for night elves, after all, they're quite a lot taller than high elves, around 7 feet tall.

Yeah they may use CG elements for night elves, after all, they're quite a lot taller than high elves, around 7 feet tall.
Are they that tall?! (is that something that's clarified in World of WarCraft (which I don't play) because I don't really remember anything during WC III that gave indication they were that tall (it's been a while since I've fully replayed that game though))

Are they that tall?! (is that something that's clarified in World of WarCraft (which I don't play) because I don't really remember anything during WC III that gave indication they were that tall (it's been a while since I've fully replayed that game though))
Night Elves are very tall. I think it was confirmed in one of the books or something like that.

Paula should have been a Night elf. Talk about a wasted opportunity.

Yeah that's from the wow wiki. In World of Warcraft they tower over humans.

Paula should have been a Night elf. Talk about a wasted opportunity.

Yeah my main gripe with Garona in this is that I think she looks a bit too human. Would have liked to see slightly more orcish facial features.

So Henry Cavill was playing World of Warcraft when he got the phone call to play Superman, and he even missed the first phone call due to gaming.

who should Cavill play in a WC movie? I'd say make him Varian Wrynn:
latest

But i'd settle for:
latest

Last edited:
So Henry Cavill was playing World of Warcraft when he got the phone call to play Superman, and he even missed the first phone call due to gaming.

who should Cavill play in a WC movie? I'd say make him Varian Wrynn:
latest

But i'd settle for:
latest

I don't know the game very well but that first dude looks like a good fit.

Good lord Cavill as King Varian?! Yes please! :hmr:

I could see Cavill as King Chin. The story isn't gonna get to that point for a very long time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"