The Amazing Spider-Man Dunst "Definitely on board" Spider-Man 4

I'm sorry, but she does not look good to me.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't care if they recast her or not. My biggest concern is the writing. Kirsten did what they told her to do and the way the character is written. She is not a terrible actress. Recasting her with the same writing is not going to improve or translate to the MJ that trues fans knows MJ to be. It will be just another pretty face.

Look, there was nothing wrong with Katie's acting in Superman Return... it was how Brian Singer wrote her. That was not Lois Lane... the same can be said here, with Sam and his interpretation of MJ.

Are people still going on about wanting Dunst replaced…

I didn’t think her returning was ever really a question, of course if the rest of the cast returned she would too

Another thing I think fans fail to realize is that even if for whatever reason she wasn’t returning, and they had to recast her, they wouldn’t cast one of these younger ,hotter, fan picks, they get a Dunst look alike type
which wouldn't necessarily be for the better

I almost wouldn’t care about the complaints against her as much if they weren’t base on such superficial reasons

I didn’t think her returning was ever really a question, of course if the rest of the cast returned she would too

Another thing I think fans fail to realize is that even if for whatever reason she wasn’t returning, and they had to recast her, they wouldn’t cast one of these younger ,hotter, fan picks, they get a Dunst look alike type

I almost wouldn’t care about the complaints against her as much if they weren’t base on such superficial reasons
who said that Dunst is to old? she is 27. this is not to old. its her own fault that she needs tons of money and make up to make her look decent. because of her personal problems.

if any of the moderators are listening, this should be a topic on hypecast.

for those of you who dont listen to hypecast, you should get on board, seems like something with a lot of potential... if only they would stop with the sound effects.. they feel forced

I'm pretty sure, I'm well within my rights to question whatever I want Slag.

Heh, yeah, I am a big Raimi fan, I was pretty excited when I heard back in 2001 that he would be helming Spider-Man and that Cameron's script would not be used. Did you read the draft? So terrible.

Financially both Superman 3 and Spidey 3 share a lot of similarities. Both had higher budgets then the two before them and were successful at the box office despite terrible reviews and set a poor stage for the fourth installment.

You could also argue that the whole 'greatest battle lies within' theme can be seen in both movies.

Superman 3 is a much worse movie than spidey 3 but the comparison is still there regardless.

Regardless of similarities, comparing Supe3 to SM3, even in relation of Supes 2 to Supes 3 vsl SM2 to SM3, is simply ridiculous. And it stands out as funny to me when you claim, incorrectly, that I panned SM3.

And yes, I read parts of Cameron's script.

Please stop with the 'learn to read' comment, or at least use spell check on the same post.

You seem to have enjoyed the Spider-Man movies on a different level than I have, good for you.

Can we at least agree that the whole Harry getting amnesia bit was bad?

OMG.. not the Spell Check police routine now??? :woot:

How about simply quit misquoting me, and I won't have to reply to your posts.

As far as Harry's amnesia goes, I'll agree that it was not the best subplot to use. I would of much preferred more of Harry tormenting Peter, and less of the amnesia subplot. But, that was just one of several disappointing subplots in SM3.

SM3 could have, and should have, been easily every bit as good, or better than TDK IMO.

Pity. But we can thank Dear ole Sam & Co for that. Mainly Sam (the buck stops here IMO).

Last edited:
[A];17064623 said:
These pics are from yesterday.. I post 'em so you can see how she's looking nowadays

LOL.. who took the pics of the racoon? *man.. quite some eye liner there Kirsten*

Screw continuity if you can get better actors.

i could not disagree with you anymore continuity to a huge franchise is really really important she is not even a terrible actress

Nolan would of kept Holmes if she didn't turn it down to do that queen latifa flick

I know a lot of people are not happy with this, but I am.

I like Dunst as MJ. There, I said it.

[A];17064623 said:
These pics are from yesterday.. I post 'em so you can see how she's looking nowadays

I think she looks just fine, minus the ridiculously heavy eye makeup.

:oOh my gosh! :wow:

Honestly I did like her in Spiderman 1 and 2, but Raimi just made her an annoying b*tch in 3.

Last edited:
so am i i don't freaking love her but i have not loved any female love interest in any super hero movie

This will likely be the last movie with the current cast and crew so I guess I can live with Kirsten for one more movie. She isn't ugly, she just a) doesn't understand the character of MJ b) looks nothing like MJ and c)doesn't seem excited that she is playing MJ. All of that makes a bad actor for that movie. She might be good or great in other movies but to me, she just plays MJ for the paycheck. She just follows the script and adds nothing to it. I would rather have somebody else, a newer actress that would be ecstatic to play the role. Same goes for Tobey.

so am i i don't freaking love her but i have not loved any female love interest in any super hero movie

Actually for the most part I agree with that.

Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman is the only one I found interesting as a love interest.

Originally Posted by Leenie

I have to agree on that. :up:

Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman is the only one I found interesting as a love interest.
Me too. Her.. with that suit.. Nice. Not the character, though. Complete wacko :hehe:

Ha ha, seeing the "Dunst is ugly" comments really take back a few years, thanks for the nostalgia trip people!:woot:

I think she was fine as MJ in 1 & 2, but the way she was written in 3, you could only hate her whiney ass.

Agreed.

Actually for the most part I agree with that.

:applaud:up:

I disagree on your opinions of SM3, but...pfeiffer.....EPIC WIN :-)

same here.

Ha ha, seeing the "Dunst is ugly" comments really take back a few years, thanks for the nostalgia trip people!:woot:

I think she was fine as MJ in 1 & 2, but the way she was written in 3, you could only hate her whiney ass.
Same here. Everyone dogs her looks but it's the peculiar way she has been written in this francise that does not sit with me.

She's been MJ for 3 films. She's harder to replace now than say Holmes was in TDK or Howard in IM2 cause she's been a central character and focus of the series for 3 films. This film is an extension of the Raimi verse. It will continue on from SM3, Raimi is directing, Maguire is Spidey, and Dunst is MJ. How people can be shocked by these things still, I have no idea. Did you expect them to recast her? I didn't. For consistancy sake, I'm happy she's coming back. Like it or not, she is part of Raimi's vision.

She's been MJ for 3 films. She's harder to replace now than say Holmes was in TDK or Howard in IM2 cause she's been a central character and focus of the series for 3 films. This film is an extension of the Raimi verse. It will continue on from SM3, Raimi is directing, Maguire is Spidey, and Dunst is MJ. How people can be shocked by these things still, I have no idea. Did you expect them to recast her? I didn't. For consistancy sake, I'm happy she's coming back. Like it or not, she is part of Raimi's vision.

Couldn't agree more. While I still don't like Kirsten, I'm willing to give her another chance. I liked her in the first film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"