The Amazing Spider-Man Dunst "Definitely on board" Spider-Man 4

How people can be shocked by these things still, I have no idea.

We're not being shocked, just majorly disappointed that we still don't get a better MJ and Peter Parker and thanks to Raimi, will have the same characterization as in the past Movies. At least there's one positive, at least the Villain will still be a highlight.

Same here. Everyone dogs her looks but it's the peculiar way she has been written in this francise that does not sit with me.
It's not just how he character was written, but she looks nothing like MJ.

It's not just how he character was written, but she looks nothing like MJ.
She may not have the exact looks but that was hardly the biggest problem with the character itself. My problem was with her characterization first and foremost.

She may not have the exact looks but that was hardly the biggest problem with the character itself. My problem was with her characterization first and foremost.

You're right there. Dunst in SM1 was pretty much spot on and she was very pretty with a model's looks. And now she's written as being nothing but whiny and worrying with no kind of MJ charm. She's needs to be played up a bit more as being a bit more in control of things around her as she's nothing but a damsel now. And let her gain weight again, she looks much more natural and better that way I think.

I think Dunst wouldn't have garnered as much criticism if Sam Raimi didn't absolutely f**k up her character in Spiderman 3.

I think Dunst wouldn't have garnered as much criticism if Sam Raimi didn't absolutely f**k up her character in Spiderman 3.

He screwed her character in SM1 and SM2. MJ is one of the things that Raimi has treated horribly. I've never been very partial to her character in the films, and I prefer her comic counterpart 100 times over.

However, Dunst isn't the one to blame for this. She can't help that they wrote her character like crap. I've never minded her.

Never like KD so annoyed she is returning. But hey ho at least a fourth film is finally on the way.

He screwed her character in SM1 and SM2. MJ is one of the things that Raimi has treated horribly. I've never been very partial to her character in the films, and I prefer her comic counterpart 100 times over.

However, Dunst isn't the one to blame for this. She can't help that they wrote her character like crap. I've never minded her.

I didn't mind her as much in Spiderman 1 and 2 as she was a likable character in Spiderman 1. In Spiderman 2 she was somewhat likable despite MJ nearly marryin John Jameson to spite Peter IMO.

Spiderman 3 she was completely unlikable, annoying, and just plain jealous of Peter's success as Spiderman. The latter I just saw as an unescessary sublpot. Hell, she was just plain unescessary in the film.

We're not being shocked, just majorly disappointed that we still don't get a better MJ and Peter Parker and thanks to Raimi, will have the same characterization as in the past Movies. At least there's one positive, at least the Villain will still be a highlight.

Did anyone think recasting may happen when Raimi was secured back? Any hopes at recasting the main roles were gone when Raimi was announced as director, but it seems to me people still can't accept that for some reason. Like they thought he'd change cast after dealing with the same people for 3 films.

I had hopes when Kirsten kept whining about how she hated to do these movies and that she probably wouldn't return.

I had hopes when Kirsten kept whining about how she hated to do these movies and that she probably wouldn't return.

Same here. And I thought with the "fans" not being happy about the lack of respect she shows the character and franchise, that Sam would have the balls to say... F..OFF to her. *sigh*

Guess I should of factored in the balless wonder, and the Green, Money that a hack like Kirsten can make with this movie. It's not like she has people knocking down her doors as of late to cast her in movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"