E3 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderman2

Superhero
Reaction score
So it is just a little over 2 months in till E3 starts and we are no passed apirl fools day so it shouldn't be to much longer before we get some E3 rumors has I think we normally start to get E3 rumor around middle apirl to early may I believe. With that said what are your E3 predictions for Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo and in general?

Sony I thought would have a $50 price cut but with now having the batman arkham knight bundle I don't think we are going to have a $50 price cut in till around xmas time. So hear is what I have for Sony.

1. Medial molicol shows there new game and announce it for a October realse date.
2. A new ratchet and clank trailer with the game coming in November.
3. Hear is my bold perfection the last garden is shown and is going to be a early 2016 game.
4. A bigger 1 TB ps4 is announced

Microsoft I cant think of much but hear it goes.

1. A new Halo 5 trailer and a Halo 5 bundle
2. A new gears of war

Nintendo

1. Star fox is shown and is a October game and looks similar to star fox on SNES style.
2. Twlight prices HD for Wii U is announced for a November realse
3. A new 3D Mario is announced for a November realse.

Another

1. Call of dute has became just about a ever year game
2. A new spider man like call of dute is just about a ever year game.
3. Rock band 4 is shown off with a September realse and you can use hold interments form past systems so you don't have to buy new ones.
4. We have know for sever months about a new tony hawk game but we don't know any thing about it and tony hawk games tend to be like September or October games. Tony hawk games have not been good in a long time I hope that changes and we get a great tony hawk game again but I am going to say it ends up looking like crap and comes out in September.

Off the top of my head:

ANOTHER COD
ANOTHER Assassins Creed
Injustice 2
Halo 5: Guardians gameplay footage

Off the top of my head:

ANOTHER COD
ANOTHER Assassins Creed
Injustice 2
Halo 5: Guardians gameplay footage

You think we are going to see an injustice 2 with the new mortal kombat coming out just a few months before?

Eh, maybe. Maybe just a little announcement during E3 Week and not an actual presentation.

Call of Duty is usually revealed in May during the Final Four, so we'll probably see footage at E3 but it'll be unveiled before then. And I think we've already had the latest AC unveiled right? Victory?

I forgot but I also have to add I think Nintendo will announce some sort of DLC for splatoon.

For Nintendo, Star Fox seems like a given.

Maybe some new Zelda footage. Maybe. If only because Nintendo's board of directors insists.

I could conceive a Zelda New 3DS game, maybe, but I think they would want to save that for the anniversary. Though maybe a teaser.

I could see a new Mario game of some sort.

As for Sony, Uncharted 4 footage is a given.

Possibly a new Killzone, or God of War.

Halo 5 is a given. Would not be surprised to see something relating to Gears of War.

Not sure what I predict but I sure hope for Gears of War 4 and Injustice 2

So, is Victory coming out this year? Are they going to announce the one for next year at E3?

I'm pretty sure Victory is this year. I don't expect we'll see the announcement of another one, unless they're going to do a current gen and a last gen entry like they did last year.

I also kind of doubt we'll see a new Mario announcement. I mean, maybe, but this year we've already had Mario Party 10, and the MK8 DLC is coming up along with Puzzles & Dragons and Mario Maker. I feel like that's as full a line of Mario as any year could need. Although, I guess they could bring out another 3DS game.

- Sony shows off Gran Turismo 7, God of War IV, the Last Guardian, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, and Crash Bandicoot as their main games. They focus on more indie titles and services for the PlayStation 4.

- Nintendo shows off a new Super Mario game, Star Fox, the Legend of Zelda, and Metroid for the Wii U. I think Nintendo is going to disappoint this year after last year's rather decent showing.

- Microsoft shows off Halo 5, Fable Legends, Forza Motorsport 6, and Gears of War 4. They surprise people with an interesting new IP. I think they'll have the most game centric conference of the Big Three.

- With a new Star Wars movie coming out this year, Electronic Arts goes crazy on the Star Wars IP. Showing off more of Star Wars: Battlefront alongside a remake of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic by BioWare and a semi-revitalization of Star Wars 1313 by Viserial Games.

- Activision and UbiSoft show off their annual Call of Duty, Skylanders, and Assassin's Creed titles.

I'll go ahead and make some predictions of my own, too:

Microsoft:

-Trailers and dates for those games that haven't gotten delayed: Forza and Fable Legends.

-I don't expect we'll see either Crackdown or Scalebound until next year, but I expect we'll actually see some gameplay of both this year. Maybe Phantom Dust, but that one is up in the air at this point

-Halo 5 up the ass, pretty much. The big showcase, and pretty everything there is to know about it will be wide open.

-If there's another Halo game that they haven't remastered with the MCC, they'll reveal it as either downloadable through MCC like ODST or as a standalone thing for next year

-Gears of War 4 unveiled with teaser for 2016

-Some type of Gears of War HD thing for this year. Despite what they said about no "Marcus Fenix Collection", my gut is telling me it'll actually still be a collection. If not, still something HD remastery for this year.

-Lots of hype and details about the Windows 10 stuff.

Nintendo:

-The Legend of Zelda will be mentioned, perhaps to solidify it as a 2016 release, but nothing about it will be shown in any form.

-Trailers and dates for games we already know/hope are coming this year such as Mario Maker, Yoshi, Xenoblade, Fatal Frame, Devil's Third, etc.

-Trailers and details for both Fire Emblem games coming out, maybe with confirmation that SMT X FE will have a worldwide release Winter 2015, but I'm not holding my breath. We will also know if they plan to release Fire Emblem If... as two titles outside JP or not.

-Starfox will be unveiled. My gut is still telling me this will be a smaller budget title and perhaps a major disappointment to most. But maybe not.

-Retros newest game will be unveiled. Will it be Metroid? I don't know, my gut is telling me no, but at the same time I can't see it being DK again. Whatever it is, we'll see it here.

-Animal Crossing U? I'm not sure, at one point I thought this was a given, but announcing that spin-off title for the 3DS threw me off a bit. But maybe, and if it is, it'll be Nintendo's holiday replacement for Zelda (as weird as that sounds, AC has grown into one of Nintendo's biggest franchises)

-I wouldn't be surprised to see Nintendo localizing and publishing at least one of the big Square JP 3DS games outside the region, whether it be Bravely Second, Final Fantasy Explorers, or (much less likely) Dragon Quest Theatrhythm, considering how dry the 3DS line up looks for NA right now. I mean, maybe Square will do this themselves, but they haven't bothered to localize anything for the 3DS as far as I'm aware.

-We keep hearing rumors that they'll bring those Yokuai Watch games over, so we might see those for 3DS, too. Not sure, though, don't know much about it.

-While it's not really the best place to show these things, I expect we'll probably see the first mobile games Nintendo is working on here, and I also expect there will be way more focus on it than most like, maybe even labeling the show a disappointment because of it amongst internet fandom no matter what else is shown.

-We'll get official reveals and months for the Final Smash Wave amiibos and the next Super Mario Wave. Maybe some other amiibo news like a little Starfox line or something to go along with the new game.

-I'm go on a limb here and say I wouldn't be surprised at all if we get absolutely nothing in regards to Zelda, not just the Wii U game, but anything from the franchise. I fully expect more Hyrule Warriors and Twilight Princess HD/3D, and maybe a new Zelda for 3DS, but at the same time, I could see them saving all of that for later, maybe even next E3 for the 30th anniversary.

Third parties (that I care about, anyway):

-Resident Evil 7 will be revealed. Seems like it's about time for that.

-More Metal Gear Solid V stuff, maybe closer look at the multiplayer.

-FFXV will be there, KHIII will probably not.

-Some DMC related. I'm not 100% sure what exactly, maybe DMC5, but something is coming with the remaster hype Capcom has been setting out. I feel it.

-Tons of indie stuff, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Inside and Below, off the top of my head.

Guess that's about all I care about, at least that I can think of. I didn't bother to do Sony, since I don't have a PS4.

Is Assassin's Creed still a thing?

It's a thing that sells like 10 million copies a year.

- Nintendo shows off a new Super Mario game, Star Fox, the Legend of Zelda, and Metroid for the Wii U. I think Nintendo is going to disappoint this year after last year's rather decent showing..

Man, I'm glad you and I live in different worlds, because that alone would be the exact opposite of disappointing to me. Especially a new Metroid.

Last edited:
it may not happen at E3, but around that time, perhaps both Sony and MS will announce standard 1TB consoles.

with the game files getting bigger and bigger, and with the greater push towards digital gaming, it just feels time for both companies to offer consumers a standard model with a bigger hdd.

Man, I'm glad you and I live in different worlds, because that alone would be the exact opposite of disappointing to me. Especially a new Metroid.
While I would love to see those titles, I don't think that Nintendo is going to go out on a limb and show off a lot of new IPs this year, I don't think they're going to be as flashy as they were last year, and overall, I think they're just going to do what we expect them to do.

Now as a fan of the Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Metroid IPs, that's great. They're guaranteed to get my money with those titles. But I think a lot of their titles are going to be 2016 releases, which kinda dulls the excitement a bit. And unless they completely blow my mind with the trailers, I just don't think that Nintendo is going to go all crazy this year with E3.

Well, Splatoon will be out by E3, so maybe some DLC for it? And Devil's Third is sure to be there. And while it's not new in JP, if those Yokuai Watch games are brought over, they'll be there. So, at the very least, we will probably see those new IP-wise.

But as far as the rest, I see where you're coming from. I expect there's going to be a big focus on their mobile titles, since they're slated to start coming out this fall, and I expect a lot of internet commentators are going to be very hostile towards that. And those who aren't hostile will probably be bored, unless they show off something that totally takes us all off guard.

But honestly, as long as the keep the format of last year, even focusing on this year's titles, I think it'll be decent. The whole Treehouse segmenting and format worked very well.

Microsoft

• Call of Duty and Xbox are like peanut butter and jelly, so I expect we'll see that there again this year.
  • Obviously Halo 5 is going be a huge game for them.
  • Gears of War Remastered seems like a no-brainer.
  • Tomb Raider will be shown.
  • Forza 6 will definitely make an appearance.
  • Microsoft has been dropping hints that they're doing something with Battletoads, so while I'm not expecting some AAA game, I do expect to see Battletoads in some capacity.
  • Rare has been talking a big game about what they're working on, so hopefully they'll show what that is.
  • Despite the fact that Titanfall 2 is also coming to PS4, I expect Microsoft to remain kind of partnered up with EA on this one and Titanfall 2 will be teased at Microsoft's press conference.
Sony

• Uncharted will be shown again. Maybe the multiplayer this time.
  • There will be a trailer for Metal Gear Solid V. Kojima will be absent.
  • Wall of indie games.
  • I have a feeling there will be a sizzle reel of upcoming free to play games.
  • Another Until Dawn demo.
  • Bloodborne DLC announced.
  • New characters will be revealed for Street Fighter V.
  • Tekken 7 will be announced for PS4.
  • Persona 5 will have a trailer with a release date.
  • Gran Turismo 7 will be revealed.
  • Ratchet & Clank trailer.
  • There will be another surprise "Building The List" game announcement.
  • The full version of Driveclub will be announced as a Playstation Plus game.
  • Destiny expansion pack announcement.
  • Guerrilla's robot dinosaur game will be officially revealed.
  • New God of War game announcement will close the show.
Nintendo

• Zelda might be mentioned, but it won't be shown.
  • Star Fox will shown.
  • New 3D Mario will be announced.
  • That giant robot game will get a proper reveal.
  • Retro's new game will be announced. It will not be Metroid or Donkey Kong.
  • A new Metroid will be announced.
  • More Mario Kart 8 DLC will be announced.
  • No NX talk.
  • Amiibos have been really successful for Nintendo, so I definitely expect them to announce even more.
  • Release date and new trailer for Xenoblade.
  • The new Fire Emblem(s) will definitely be shown.

Misc.

• Doom 4 will be shown publicly for the first time.
  • Fallout 4 will finally be announced.
  • Resident Evil 7 will be announced. Bonus prediction: Fans won't like it.
  • Soul Calibur VI will be announced.
  • Star Wars: Battlefront will be demoed.
  • Another of EA's Star Wars games will be teased.
  • Mass Effect 4 trailer.
  • New Splinter Cell announced.

• Resident Evil 7 will be announced. Bonus prediction: Fans won't like it.
You might be right here, but for what it's worth, Revelations 2 was very well received despite fans having the usual sour feelings pre-release. I don't know if that's have any real effect on how RE7 will be seen, but maybe people will be softer on it. Might be hoping for too much, though.

That prediction is based on Capcom saying that going forward the Revelations games will be more traditional while the numbered titles is where they mess with the formula. Which seems kind of backwards to me, but whatever.

Ah, yeah, strange. I didn't know that was something said.

*sigh* Yeah, reaction won't be pretty then.

I'd love to see a new Soul Calibur game.

A new 3DS Mario game seems like it would be a logical choice, which makes me doubt it will happen. But you never know, Nintendo does have to answer to its shareholders at the end of the day.

I don't know enough about third party developer habits to say who will announce what. But news on games like Doom, or Fallout 4 would be great.

A remake of Knights of the Old Republic would be a license to print money.

I assume Bioware is going to show off Mass Effect 4 at some point. Might be E3.

if Bioware is indeed working on a new Star Wars RPG, then I doubt we will see a KOTOR remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"