E3 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soapy

Avenger
Reaction score
atrUL5o.jpg

Well, it's May and we're now just over a month away from E3 2014.

Last year's E3 was huge. After a generation that went on too long and months of rumors and teasing, fresh, next-generation consoles were finally fully revealed to public. As huge as last year was though, this year stands to be even bigger; While E3 2013 was hardware-focused, this year will be all about the games.

The Players

Microsoft
From their unpopular DRM policies and their subsequent reversal, to the mandatory Kinect integration, the Xbox One has a had an undeniably rocky start. Microsoft has done a lot to correct their course, and they've pledged that their press conference this year will be heavily game-focused, but will it be enough to win over the fence-sitters? Could we see a Kinectless SKU announced?

Nintendo
The sales for the Wii U have been abysmal, however as per usual, Nintendo has been cranking out incredible games and rewarding their most stalwart fans. They all but no-showed last E3, but this is a new year, a new E3, and a new opportunity to make up some lost ground. Is there anything at all they can do or say at E3 to save the Wii U? Might they swap out the Wii U GamePad with a Pro Controller so they can lower the price?

Sony
Sony is riding high after stealing the show last E3, winning the hearts and minds of gamers everywhere, which lead to record-breaking sales of the Playstation 4. However, people have rightly critized them for their lack of software support. Will Sony unveil a plethora of new, exciting games to go along with their new hardware? Or will the Playstation 4 become all sizzle and no steak?

Schedule

Microsoft – June 9, 9:30 AM PT
EA – June 9, 12 PM PT
Ubisoft – June 9, 3 PM PT
Sony – June 9, 6 PM PT
Nintendo (Digital Event) – June 10, 9 AM PT

What say you? What are your predicitions for E3 2014? What are you excited to see?

0wUjFMt.jpg

choo choo

Last edited:
The main thing I wanna see, which is very small-scale and not related to a console, is some Metal Gear Solid V stuff.

I want Uncharted stuff.

Games I want to see..

Assassin's Creed V or whatever game is next
Batman Arkham Knight
Battlefield 5
Call of Duty:Advanced Warfighter
Destiny
The Division
GTA V port for PS4&XBO announced
Mortal Kombat
Star Wars Battlefront
Uncharted 4
WWE 2K15

As for console features..More info and release on the thing that let's your friends virtually take over your controller on the PS4,Flash Player on the PS4's web browser as well as a YouTube app would be nice too

Last edited:
Wow this came around quick. Last E3 still seems like yesterday. Btw love that intro post. :up:

I hope we see some mindblowing games we've not heard anything about yet. I'm most excited to see Mass Effect 4 and they should be a good way along the development cycle for that. Want to see more of The Witcher 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Arkham Knight. Very excited for Halo 5, the new Gears game and the next Uncharted. And Battlefront and anything from the other 2 Star Wars games. This E3 should be amazing for games.

Any chance of a Fallout 4 announcement?

Hoping for confirmed fall 2014 release dates for both Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive with gameplay trailers. A white xbox one with 1 tb of storage would be a nice bonus.

My guesses:

- Microsoft more than makes up for their horrific showing last year at E3. They've been trying to make the right moves lately to steer the ship back on track. However, I don't see a Kinectless SKU being announced. We're going to have to wait at least another year for that.

- Sony shows off God of War IV, Uncharted 4, the Last Guardian, Gran Turismo 7, and Shadow of the Beast along with demonstrating Project Morpheus and showing off a new IP. Yet again I will be spurned by the lack of Medievil III.

- Nintendo will show off the most impressive array of first party games with Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, the Legend of Zelda, and maybe a new Metroid game. However, this will be the E3 that spells Nintendo's doom for the Wii U.

What saved the Wii U IMO was the simple fact that the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 were still viable development platforms and it was easy/cheap to port from those systems and it seemed like cross-gen development was going to stay with us for a bit longer. While Nintendo was going to be spurned by EA which acted like a petulant child, at least Nintendo could count on Activision, Ubisoft, and WB Games to continue delivering their annual Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, and Batman games. Then low and behold, we started seeing Assassin's Creed and Batman go PS4/XBO gen only. If Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare ends up going PS4/XBO only, the only thing that was barely saving Nintendo, has finally dried up much faster than anticipated.

Think we'll see any more big releases for the PS3?

Nintendo has made some serious mistakes (to put it mildly), but I think they can still recoup their losses, or at least stave off total disaster, until they can bring out a new console a few years from now.

Fortunately for Nintendo, third party games haven't move consoles since the GCN days. So, at least they have properties to fall back on.

Last edited:
No idea if you care about the series or not, but Persona 5 is coming...sometime.

First time in a long time that I've been excited for E3. Can't wait to see whats coming for the PS4

I want some interesting Borderlands the Presequal footage.

I want footage from Uncharted, Arkham Knight, Star Wars Battlefront 3, God of War 4, and Assassin's Creed V.

Oh and maybe by E3 the PS4 will have a media remote, USB memory support, and basic Bluetooth capabilities. That'd be kinda nice.

I want footage from Uncharted, Arkham Knight, Star Wars Battlefront 3, God of War 4, and Assassin's Creed V.

Ohh yeah! If there's nothing about Fallout 4, SWBF 3 sits at the top of my list.

Ohh yeah! If there's nothing about Fallout 4, SWBF 3 sits at the top of my list.
Forgot about this! Yes, definitely at the top of my list with kingdom hearts 3

Hoping to see some Arkham Knight gameplay.

What saved the Wii U IMO was the simple fact that the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 were still viable development platforms and it was easy/cheap to port from those systems and it seemed like cross-gen development was going to stay with us for a bit longer. While Nintendo was going to be spurned by EA which acted like a petulant child, at least Nintendo could count on Activision, Ubisoft, and WB Games to continue delivering their annual Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, and Batman games. Then low and behold, we started seeing Assassin's Creed and Batman go PS4/XBO gen only. If Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare ends up going PS4/XBO only, the only thing that was barely saving Nintendo, has finally dried up much faster than anticipated.

We won't hear about it until about a month, but Advanced Warfare will definitely get a Wii U port. I honestly think there's no doubt. But I don't think a single Call of Duty game is some kind of final hope here. The 3rd party is gone with or without that game. The Wii U is basically in the same situation as the GC was now. It's a Nintendo game machine, with an occasional third party wanderer here and there, and a decent amount of indies.

I don't know that it would make much of a difference, but yeah I hope they do a port too.

As for what I want to see? GAMES! GAMES! GAMES! Next gen is here.. so need need to hype them.. What I want is every game you could possibly announce.. Announced. I want to see both Microsoft and Sony showing all the cards they have.. Revive old franchises (Medieval for Sony, BattleToads for MS for example) and show us brand new ones. I don't just mean 3rd party.. I want big time exclusives.

I also want Nintendo to announce a 199.99 WiiU sans Gamepad with a Procontroller instead.

I don't know that it would make much of a difference, but yeah I hope they do a port too.

Oh it probably wouldn't.. I just want to be able to DL and play it on my PS4. I'm tired of switching my PS3 back on to play games and I'm pretty much done buying anything for it.

Also, I want Blizzard to tell me that Diablo 3 is coming "This Summer" to PS4. I'm tired of waiting on that.

Yeah, I'm waiting for Diablo as well.

GTA5 for current gen with a June release and a Forza Horizon 2 announcement would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"