E3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soapy

Avenger
Reaction score
2789192-screen+shot+2015-10-10+at+7.22.18+pm.png

So... I feel like this year is going to be a weird one.

EA and Activision along with a couple of other less notable publishers (Disney Interactive and Wargaming) have pulled out of E3. They're still having their own private events close enough to E3 that they can be included here. Still though, crazy times.

Crazier still is that only two and a half years after the PS4 and Xbone were released, we're facing the possibility of not just Nintendo revealing their new hardware, but Microsoft and Sony penning a new chapter in console gaming history by abandoning the traditional console generation cycle and unveiling new, iterative hardware. Will they? Tough to say. Gamers have been almost entirely against it and I've even seen some developers speaking out against the idea. I guess we'll see.

E3 will take place from June 14 to June 16.

Below is a schedule of all press conferences, including those being held independently of E3 proper.

p0L9Msc.jpg

What games are you guys excited to see? What predictions do you want to make?

Last edited:
On the console side, I do think Nintendo will announce the NX. I also think if Sony and MS are planning "upgraded" consoles, they will announce them at E3. either that or announce the slim versions, since we do seem to be due for that.

On the game side, I'm hoping Bethesda will announce the next Elder Scrolls game or else announce Skyrim Remastered to hold us over until they announce the next ES game.

For EA/Bioware, I'm hoping they will announce a new Star Wars RPG game.

Also looking forward to Mass Effect: Andromeda, FFXV, FFVII Remaster, and the next Zelda game.

For EA/Bioware, I'm hoping they will announce a new Star Wars RPG game

I would like that, but I don't think it will happen. Based on all the teases, it would seem that Visceral's game is next in line.

I would like that, but I don't think it will happen. Based on all the teases, it would seem that Visceral's game is next in line.

a man can hope, can't he?? :o

WB announcing their new Batman/Superman or JL game please.

I want Forza Horizon 3 details and Bahamut shown in a new FF15 trailer.

I would like to see new Dino Crisis, MediEvil and Syphon Filter games. A new Splinter Cell could also be great that really returns to stealth. I hope they show new Mafia III gameplay and reveal the release date.

I'll be surprised if Bethesda announce the next Elder Scrolls so soon after Fallout 4 and while they're still pushing DLC for it, but I'm not sure what else they might have to talk about. It'd be a nice surprise though!

Nintendo will be the talk of E3 this year if they really do unveil the NX.

Yeah.. I fully expect Nintendo to take this year's E3. I don't think MS will announce an upgraded system.. Spencer already came out and said that would be dumb and he has no interest to split the user base. I could see them launching a slim One that's all digital for 199.99 tho. Maybe 250.

Yeah I have no idea what Microsoft is going to focus on.

Sony will focus on VR with the PSVR while nintendo will focus on the NX.

God of War 4
Gears of War 4
New CoD
New Battlefield
Friday the 13th
Dead Space 4
Visceral Games' Star Wars game
TellTale's Batman and Marvel projects
Superman game?
PS4 backwards comparability.
TitanFall 2
Dishonored 2
Resident Evil 7
Halo Wars 2
New Ghost Recon
New Brothers in Arms
Watch_Dogs 2

Nah. No need really. It will get bumped whenever there's news, and it will stay bumped around E3.

Yeah. M if the damn Myimoto dead April Fools thread is dug up every year...

There should be like a poll where we choose what E3 conference were all most excited for.

Nintendo could really hit it out of the park if NX is revealed to be on par with the X1 and PS4, is fully BC with Wii U, Wii, and Virtual Console games, and will launch with Zelda for a reasonable price of $300-$350.

I sat out the Wii and Wii U, but if Nintendo can deliver the above, they'll get my attention again.

there have been quite a few Wii U games I've been wanting to play in addition to the classic NES and SNES games on the VC.

There is no "if" to the NX being at E3. That has been confirmed for a long time. It's possible Nintendo may unveil it shortly before E3, but I think they'll probably just save it for the actual event.

Nintendo could really hit it out of the park if NX is revealed to be on par with the X1 and PS4, is fully BC with Wii U, Wii, and Virtual Console games, and will launch with Zelda for a reasonable price of $300-$350.

I sat out the Wii and Wii U, but if Nintendo can deliver the above, they'll get my attention again.

there have been quite a few Wii U games I've been wanting to play in addition to the classic NES and SNES games on the VC.

BC with Wii U is plausible (though I expect all BC will be dropped outside VC), but there's no way it's going to go back to the Wii. That's just setting yourself up for disappointment. Hell, you can find a Wii for like $50 and play all the Wii games you missed and have access to all those NES and SNES VC titles. There's really no reason at all that one shouldn't go out and do that by now if they had any real interest in doing so.

as long as NX has Wii U BC and access to the VC games, I'll be fine. I can do without Wii BC.

but you can play all NES/SNES VC games on the Wii?? do you have to use a Wii controller or can you use the more traditional looking controller?

as long as NX has Wii U BC and access to the VC games, I'll be fine. I can do without Wii BC.

but you can play all NES/SNES VC games on the Wii?? do you have to use a Wii controller or can you use the more traditional looking controller?

There's a few key exceptions that have been released on the Wii U VC that wasn't on the Wii, but the overall selection of NES and SNES titles on the original Wii VC is pretty robust (I think there's still a few that never made it to the Wii U VC there as well). You can buy a more traditional controller to play, yeah, but you don't really need to. For NES and SNES games, you turn the Wiimote sideways and play that way. It's a perfectly fine and viable way to play most of those types of games.

Really hope they unveil the hardware design soon.

There's a few key exceptions that have been released on the Wii U VC that wasn't on the Wii, but the overall selection of NES and SNES titles on the original Wii VC is pretty robust (I think there's still a few that never made it to the Wii U VC there as well). You can buy a more traditional controller to play, yeah, but you don't really need to. For NES and SNES games, you turn the Wiimote sideways and play that way. It's a perfectly fine and viable way to play most of those types of games.

thanks Tron. that's something to consider then.

but I think I will wait and see what the NX will be capable of and how much it will cost. If it can do all ( or almost all ) of what I want, then I'll probably just wait and get that. rather have one console than multiple devices hooked up to my tv.

but, if the NX can't play VC games, then I'll see if the Wii can play the VC games I want and use that as the fall back plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"