EA Sports MMA

Paroxysm

Superhero
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Sports_MMA#Game_Details
On June 1, 2009, Electronic Arts, announced that an all-new fighting title is in development under the EA Sports brand. EA Sports MMA will be available in 2010 on the Xbox 360 and the PS3. EA Sports President Peter Moore is quoted in press releases as saying "Fans have been begging EA Sports to get into the cage, and EA Sports MMA will put them in control of the sport’s unique combat experience while finally, in an immersive interactive experience, capturing the raw intensity that has made mixed martial arts one of the fastest growing sports in the world. We’re ready for the fight."

http://mma.easports.com/home.action

14942orig.jpg

“EA Sports MMA” Participants

Fedor Emelianenko
Randy Couture
Gegard Mousasi
Renato "Babalu" Sobral
Jay Hieron
Tim Sylvia
Benji Radach
Tim Kennedy
Jason "Mayhem" Miller
Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal
Frank Shamrock
Cung Le
Scott Smith
Josh Thomson
Gilbert Melendez
Matt Lindland
Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza
Robbie Lawler
Nick Thompson
Hidehiko Yoshida
Shinya Aoki
Bobby Lashley
Nick Diaz
Marius Zaromskis
Joe Riggs
Melvin Manhoef
Frank Shamrock
Mauro Ranallo
Jimmy Lennon
“Big” John McCarthy

This looks pretty epic, I'm stoked to play as Fedor. :woot:

Didnt the UFC president say that whatever fighter gave his likeness for this title that they would no longer be allowed to fight in the UFC? Thought that was a dick head move. Then again EA turned down the UFC when approached about a game, only to release their own game once they saw the success of UFC's title.

I'll give it a try. Roster looks good but I wish Eddie Alvarez was on there.

The upcoming UFC game w/Kimbo looks good too.

This game has one TOUGH act to follow. UFC 2010 is awesome

I dunno...This game has still been building quite some momentum.

If you ask me, most if not all UFC fans are also Strikeforce fans and very few people are Strikeforces fans but not UFC fans.

So, I expect EA MMA to do quite well--I personally see myself buying EA MMA as well, even though I have/like the Undisputed games too.

I'm waiting to read reviews on this game, before making a purchase. Graphically this game looks pretty great.. however all the movements, transitions, punching etc that I've seen in the various trailers looks really poor quality.. there doesn't seem to be any real impact on punches that look like they should be able to take the fighters head off.

I also read somewhere that this game uses Fight Nights gaming engine in terms of the standup.. which I personally find as utter garbage. They where all good up until Fight Night Round 4 which completely put me off going back to a boxing series I was actually enjoying alot.

So as I said, this is gonna be a review based buy for me if at all. Has alot to live up to because, UFC 2009 & 2010 have been alot of fun & this years has actually taken a giant leap in terms of realism with various aspects.

I'm waiting to read reviews on this game, before making a purchase. Graphically this game looks pretty great.. however all the movements, transitions, punching etc that I've seen in the various trailers looks really poor quality.. there doesn't seem to be any real impact on punches that look like they should be able to take the fighters head off.

I also read somewhere that this game uses Fight Nights gaming engine in terms of the standup.. which I personally find as utter garbage. They where all good up until Fight Night Round 4 which completely put me off going back to a boxing series I was actually enjoying alot.

So as I said, this is gonna be a review based buy for me if at all. Has alot to live up to because, UFC 2009 & 2010 have been alot of fun & this years has actually taken a giant leap in terms of realism with various aspects.
Really? you didn't like Fight Night 4? I didn't really like the series until that one. Such a more intuitive system and much better physics and graphics. Oddly enough, my last roommates' dad was in charge of the physics for the game, and won several awards for it.

Rickson Gracie and Bas Rutten will be available to train you, at least in a virtual world.

Electronic Arts on Tuesday released information about the 'career mode' for its upcoming EA Sports MMA video game, and Middle Easy culled a bit more from producer Randy Chase. Among the tidbits:

-Bas Rutten will be the introductory trainer for new players.
-Jiu-jitsu legend Rickson Gracie will be a trainer and a playable fighter
-Although individual fighters from Japanese organizations Dream and Sengoku Raiden Championships will be included, the organizations themselves will not be present. Instead, the game will have a fictional Japanese promotion called Mystic as one of two premier leagues, the other being Strikeforce.
This won't be the first appearance in a video game for Rutten, a former king of Pancrase and UFC champion better known these days for his work as a TV commentator. He was used as a TV personality in Grand Theft Auto IV.

Rickson Gracie hasn't competed in mixed martial arts since 2000, but he was the family champion among the seven sons of Brazilian jiu-jitsu pioneer Helio Gracie. Rickson's fights with Nobuhiko Takada put Pride Fighting Championships on the map in the late 1990s, and he remains one of BJJ's legends, though few people outside his die-hard adherents take seriously his claim of at least 400 victories in combat sports bouts.

Also featured in the game as trainers will be five-time UFC champion Randy Couture and Pat Miletich, whose Bettendorf, Iowa gym produced four UFC champions, including himself. As with Rutten, his post-fighting career has seen him move into TV commentary.

EA Sports MMA is slated for release in the fall.
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...trainers-omits-official-japanese-promotions/1

Great that they will have a demo for it. Going to be interesting to see how this gameplay is compare to UFC 2010.

I think I might pick this up on Friday. I got the demo and was thoroughly impressed. I may even like this more than the ufc game.

It's different. I think the ground game is WAY better than UFC, but the stand up is a little choppy. What I do like is that it's VERY balanced unlike the UFC game. Sometimes I can go 5 rounds against Fedor, and sometimes I can go 1. It gives you the opportunity to overwhelm your opponent, or mount of a comeback of your own.

It's got a lot of promise, but the roster is a MAJOR downfall for this. Oh, if only they come mend fences and make some ultimate MMA game featuring all of these guys.

We can hope.

Is it only a roster of strike force fighters?

gonna rent it. i thought it was gonna have strikeforce and dream fighters in it. not sure if they were gonna have any other organizations in it though.

No, it has international fighters as well as past UFC fighters such as Arlovski (and "classic Arlovski), Ken Shamrock (and "classic" Ken Shamrock), Jeff Monson, Tim Sylvia, Frank Shamrock, Bas Rutten (and "classic" Bas Rutten) as well as some lesser known guys that fight in Japan. It's not a bad roster, it's just not very big.

People are buying this mainly for the Couture vs. Fedor match up which definitely lives up to the hype.

cool didnt know bas was in it. also the fedor vs couture is still a fight i want to see. 2 smart fighters, it would be a great matchup.

Well, I've had my ass kicked by Fedor about 5x in the beginning, but now I can dominate him with Couture. I REALLY like the balanced aspect of this game rather than the one sided nature of the UFC games. I'm not saying it's better, but it can definitely give them a run for their money.

I still haven't quite figured out how to perform a clean KO. All of my victories are either TKO or submission. If you guys want an interesting match, try Arlovski vs. Rogers. It pretty much always ends up the way it went down in real life. At least they got Arlovski's glass jaw in the game.

Played the demo early this morning and liked what I saw. Not enough to rush out and grab a copy, but enough to give it some more run over the weekend. The combat system seems like you could really have some fun with it once you got all the nuances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"