EA Sports MMA

I was excited about ea mma because I thought it would give the casual American mma fans or should I say UFC fans a international perspective view on Mixed Martial Arts.
[FONT=&quot]I thought it would get them to be open minded and the word on International mma would spread out and we would be able to get Dream fightng on pay per view. I quess that would never happen. A good Idea for a new mma game is konami making a Dream fighting championship game or a new K1 game with kickboxing and mma in one game
[/FONT]

Another reason I'm looking forward to the UFC/WEC merger is because it will open up the roster for the next installment of the video game. Who hasn't wanted to play as Jose Aldo or have Miguel Torres face off against Urijah Faber? I have no idea if they're going to continue this as an annual franchise, but I'm really looking forward to the next one.

I'm also wondering why EA MMA didn't include female fighters especially since their focus was on the Strikeforce brand in the game.

Biased..? :huh:

Dude you've spent the past few days excessively trolling out anyone who disagrees with you on anything MMA particularly Brock Lesnar &/or Cain Velasquez.. your an idiot who has nothing decent to contribute to any discussion being had other than moronic baiting comments.. the 2 posts you've made in here proves my point given I've not even looked at you sideways in this thread.

You do the same thing, you went on about how Brock was this big wrecking machine and when he got dominated by Cain you couldn't even give the guy credit for it, instead you made excuses.

Last edited:
I'm ALL for competition. Doesn't make the competition very good though. Strikeforce is probably the only real competition the UFC has right now. DREAM is out there, but a lot of MMA fans don't get the channel that DREAM is on (I don't). With Strikeforce being in CBS a few times it lets them appeal to a larger audience. Again, if Strikeforce doesn't want to become the next EliteXC then they need to rethink who they're giving title shots to, and how long they let their champions stay active without defending their belts. Overeerm/Le should've been stripped after a year.

UFC, PRIDE and WEC have been/are my favorites. It just so happens that they're owned by the same company. Big deal. Bellator has put on some good fights as of late, but then need to either get on network TV or get into PPV if they want to stay relevant.

Pride was never own by zuffa when it was alive. All UFC did was transfer the international sport stars to UFC when they bought pride.
You make it sound like pride FC success and entertainment value was dictated by zuffa. You love Pirde because it was not run by Zuffa.
If it was run by zuffa then pride would probaly sucked.

Just to let you know pride is more on the entertainment side as opposed to running the organization like a sport like UFC. there is pros and cons to both ways of promoting the sport.

Yes, I completely understand. I'm not stupid.

PRIDE was formed out the of the Japanese people's love for the showmanship of professional wrestling and the budding sport of MMA. I own just about every single PRIDE FC on DVD (before they were owned by Zuffa). PRIDE is actually what got me to become a full fledged MMA fan back in the day. I had seen the early UFC events but they were fairly boring to me. PRIDE gave it structure, rules, and entertainment value which I love.

Zuffa bought out PRIDE to (A) kill their main competition and (B) fold their fighters into the UFC brand setting dream matches such as. Silva vs Liddell, Nogueria vs. Couture, etc.

I really think you're reading too far into my posts and taking out what you want. It's fairly hard to convey emotion via written text on a forum and it seems like you've branded me this "UFC fanboy" simply because I prefer their brand of MMA. To be honest with you, I've been saying for years that I'd LOVE to see the yellow/red cards from PRIDE in the UFC to help prevent excessive clinching/lay & pray tactics that seem to happen a lot...specifically with the Shields/Kampmann fight last weekend.

Is that technical enough for you or do you feel the need to correct me again on something I already know?

And you're wrong. They didn't just transfer the international stars over to the UFC. With the purchase came owning the likenesses of past/present stars for merchandise, and also the acquisition of their video library. If the UFC was solely interested in signing the international stars they would have simply made those guys a deal that the struggling PRIDE FC couldn't match. It's a lot more calculated than just "I want him to fight him and that's it."

You do the same thing, you went on about how Brock was this big wrecking machine and when he got dominated by Cain you couldn't even give the guy credit for it, instead you made excuses.

First line of the first post I made after I saw the fight:

B said:
Wow, what a performance from Cain.

followed by:

B said:
I had a feeling Velasquez might be a future champion.. I just didn't think he'd be the man to beat Lesnar.

Get your facts straight boy & learn how to read, I gave Cain credit for his performance & how much I think of him as a fighter given that I thought even had he lost the fight he'd still have been a future champion.

Go back to making Superman manips :whatever:

You belong on Sherdog.

Great show of trolling right here, it's ironic you should say I belong on Sherdog within a heartbeat of trolling... given that it's a haven for this type of stupidity.

I love the report button, that's 1, 2 & now 3 baiting/trolling comments all in 1 thread, oh goodie.

uuggg Shields. He does not deserved to be mention over here!

He should be fighting Fitch for the #1 contender's spot instead of getting it right away after that ridiculous showing. I get that he was a champion and all that, but he looked like crap. Kampmann cost himself that fight. He tried to out wrestle a wrestler with no cardio.

The personal spats and insults need to be taken out of the discussions in here.

Well I've finally played EA sports MMA and I've played both UFC´s, but have to admit EA MMA plays a bit better to me, from the engine to the game play. The ground game has a good mix of simple controls and deep strategy, the career and online modes are better plus the modified FNR4 engine is way better than UFC's, just need to polish some of the models to make them look more like their real counterparts and fix some animations (which happened the exact same way in UFC 2009). It´s going to be a good fight between the two franchises and, although I appreciate UFC on real life, I´m really interested in the game the delivers the best game play experience and, in my opinion, EA MMA gets the crown this year.

Is it just me or is it impossible to KO someone with a clean shot? It seems like you can rock them, and pound them out but as far as a clean KO goes it's just not possible. Am I missing something here?

Is it just me or is it impossible to KO someone with a clean shot? It seems like you can rock them, and pound them out but as far as a clean KO goes it's just not possible. Am I missing something here?

I've done it a couple time, never on purpose though. I've done it with a straight jab and a flying knee.

I found a video of some dude getting one with a high kick.

[YT]9AsmmGpVJ[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"