EA Sports MMA

Death Star is a nickname for the new Cowboys stadium.

Pretty weak game overall.. visually/graphically it looks a good deal more realistic & superior in comparison to its rival, UFC Undisputed.

But aside from that its a pretty weak game in my opinion. The striking is pretty poor, there is just no impact behind anything, your strongest punches look like they just bounce off your opponent, his health/head/body/leg bar may indicate he felt the blow but visually it doesn't look it.

The movement about the cage/ring looks down right appalling, what is with the way they move accross & around the cage/ring? It's far too fast a movement pace & it looks bizzare as well..

Takedown attempts are pretty skilless.. and hard to time a block if there is lag in online games. Ground game is weak as its one button to transition to a more dominant position, punches on the ground look as weak if not weaker than the ones on the feet even though you may TKO or KO someone with them. Submission game is poor.. even worse than UFC Undisputed 2010 which is extremely hard to believe given that it was superbly bad.

All round this is a pretty poor game in my view, the stnad up & transitioning is just all about button mashing & spamming.. just like Fight Night Round 4. I find myself in online matches just literally winging punches to the body or kicks to the legs repeatedly with no aim whatsoever.
UFC Undisputed is full various types of technique punch spammers also, but at least the striking & ground game is more skilled than this.

You can tell this is EA's first game because its already nearly 2 years behind THQ's offering.. I'd even say UFC Undisputed's first game was significantly more fun & better than this.

My copy of this is getting traded in asap.. probably for Call of Duty.

It definitely needs work, but it's not without it's strong points. I actually welcome the more simple grappling/submission system. I also prefer the reversals in this game. UFC makes it nearly impossible to attempt certain submissions unless you play 50x and wait for your opponent to make a mistake.

I still think UFC is the superior game, but EA MMA is solid as well.

Oh yes most definatly, don't get me wrong EA MMA is a solid MMA game.. I just find that it shows that the game is 2 years behind THQ's offering.

I also dislike that the grappling system has been somewhat simplified, it opens the door for abuse like simple bushing mashing in order to transition. There already is a ton of button mashing in the striking department.

The only 2 areas I feel EA MMA has an advantage over UFC Undisputed 2009 & 2010 is graphically & online servers & features.. aside from that I prefare THQ's game in vurtually every other area.

That's why the UFC is the #1 MMA brand on the planet. They're superior to every other brand out there.

I got the game and I really like it, like others have said it does need a little more work but with better fighters and a little re tooling it could compete with ufc. I like the ground game way more than ufc too, the striking Is solid, I play fight night so I caught on quick.

I had to switch over to the "classic" control scheme. I'm not a big fan of the striking with the joystick. Fight Night pretty much forced you to use that scheme (which I didn't like) so I'm glad this one offers an option.

Pretty weak game overall.. visually/graphically it looks a good deal more realistic & superior in comparison to its rival, UFC Undisputed.

But aside from that its a pretty weak game in my opinion. The striking is pretty poor, there is just no impact behind anything, your strongest punches look like they just bounce off your opponent, his health/head/body/leg bar may indicate he felt the blow but visually it doesn't look it.

The movement about the cage/ring looks down right appalling, what is with the way they move accross & around the cage/ring? It's far too fast a movement pace & it looks bizzare as well..

Takedown attempts are pretty skilless.. and hard to time a block if there is lag in online games. Ground game is weak as its one button to transition to a more dominant position, punches on the ground look as weak if not weaker than the ones on the feet even though you may TKO or KO someone with them. Submission game is poor.. even worse than UFC Undisputed 2010 which is extremely hard to believe given that it was superbly bad.

All round this is a pretty poor game in my view, the stnad up & transitioning is just all about button mashing & spamming.. just like Fight Night Round 4. I find myself in online matches just literally winging punches to the body or kicks to the legs repeatedly with no aim whatsoever.
UFC Undisputed is full various types of technique punch spammers also, but at least the striking & ground game is more skilled than this.

You can tell this is EA's first game because its already nearly 2 years behind THQ's offering.. I'd even say UFC Undisputed's first game was significantly more fun & better than this.

My copy of this is getting traded in asap.. probably for Call of Duty.

You sound like a UFC fanboy.

The is very good game an a whole lot bet than undisputed.
People say the game is crap because they do not have many UFC fighters and not being licinced by UFC. That is ridiculicious because not being limited to just UFC makes the game beter in every way. Vale tudo rules Japanese rules. head stomps , soccer kicks, knees to the head on a grounded opponent, multiple cage types or a boxing ring platform like in Japanese MMA.

MMA is a international sport and the sad thing is that everyone in America thinks that UFC is the sport itself and not realize its just a promotion of the international sport of mma. UFC fans are like game console fans and it is very stupid. Its like being a fan of promotion like Don king's boxing and not being a fan of boxing.

Unlike undisputed everyone in EA MIXED MATIAL ARTS use their distinct style and fight like their real-life counterparts

Last edited:
That's why the UFC is the #1 MMA brand on the planet. They're superior to every other brand out there.
stop being such a fanboy! Go watch DREAM fighting championship in japan or watch Strikeforce fighter like Cung le, Alistair overreem, Big foot Silva.
Your buying into the UFC hype! Dont you realized that UFC brand waters down the fight cards so they can milk out your wallet? The ufc has 3 water down fight card a month as opposed to just one good fight card with all the interesting fighters in it. They just want to make as much money as possible.
All the UFC fight cards suck till the next year and sure the main event is good but why would I spend $50 on just one fight?

Last edited:
Oh yes most definatly, don't get me wrong EA MMA is a solid MMA game.. I just find that it shows that the game is 2 years behind THQ's offering.

2 years? how did you come to this conclusion or are you talking out of your ass again?

stop being such a fanboy! Go watch DREAM fighting championship in japan or watch Strikeforce fighter like Cung le, Alistair overreem, Big foot Silva.
Your buying into the UFC hype! Dont you realized that UFC brand waters down the fight cards so they can milk out your wallet? The ufc hads 3 water down fight card a month as opposed to just one good fight card with all the interesting fighters in it. They just want to make as much money as possible.
All the UFC fight cards suck till the next year and sure the main event is good but why would I spend $50 on just one fight?

I've been a fan of MMA since it's inception. I've followed the UFC since UFC 1 in the early 90's and continue to do so even today. I'm sorry, but Strikeforce is nowhere NEAR the quality of UFC. Here's an example why. Brett Rogers gets demolished by Fedor last Nov and then fights the reigning champion (who decided he didn't want to defend his title for 2 years) this past summer. Does anyone not see the problem there? Their roster is so slim they have to give title shots to people who get KO'ed on live TV. Also, Cung Le should have been stripped of his title (which he ended up relinquishing) the second he decided that making B movies was more important than his fighting career. It took a TKO from Scott Smith to help him see the light. The only good fighters they have are Fedor, Melendez, Diaz and Jacare. The rest of the guys are hacks that couldn't cut it in the UFC. Batista vs. Lashley in March? Give me a break. This is MMA not professional wrestling.

The UFC has the superior fighters such as Silva, GSP, Velasquez, etc. I like DREAM a lot, but the quality of fights is a notch below what the UFC puts on. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some really bad UFC cards, but I've also seen some that would blow any other organization out of the water.

I've been a fan of MMA since it's inception. I've followed the UFC since UFC 1 in the early 90's and continue to do so even today. I'm sorry, but Strikeforce is nowhere NEAR the quality of UFC. Here's an example why. Brett Rogers gets demolished by Fedor last Nov and then fights the reigning champion (who decided he didn't want to defend his title for 2 years) this past summer. Does anyone not see the problem there? Their roster is so slim they have to give title shots to people who get KO'ed on live TV. Also, Cung Le should have been stripped of his title (which he ended up relinquishing) the second he decided that making B movies was more important than his fighting career. It took a TKO from Scott Smith to help him see the light. The only good fighters they have are Fedor, Melendez, Diaz and Jacare. The rest of the guys are hacks that couldn't cut it in the UFC. Batista vs. Lashley in March? Give me a break. This is MMA not professional wrestling.

The UFC has the superior fighters such as Silva, GSP, Velasquez, etc. I like DREAM a lot, but the quality of fights is a notch below what the UFC puts on. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some really bad UFC cards, but I've also seen some that would blow any other organization out of the water.

So you are a UFC fanboy, I guess the WEC sucked too and Pride was garbage.

You sound like a UFC fanboy.

The is very good game an a whole lot bet than undisputed.
People say the game is crap because they do not have many UFC fighters and not being licinced by UFC. That is ridiculicious because not being limited to just UFC makes the game beter in every way. Vale tudo rules Japanese rules. head stomps , soccer kicks, knees to the head on a grounded opponent, multiple cage types or a boxing ring platform like in Japanese MMA.

MMA is a international sport and the sad thing is that everyone in America thinks that UFC is the sport itself and not realize its just a promotion of the international sport of mma. UFC fans are like game console fans and it is very stupid. Its like being a fan of promotion like Don king's boxing and not being a fan of boxing.

Unlike undisputed everyone in EA MIXED MATIAL ARTS use their distinct style and fight like their real-life counterparts

So because I prefare the UFC/THQ offering I'm somehow a blind UFC fanboy who thinks the UFC is MMA..? Great show of logic there pal. :whatever:

I couldn't give a **** about UFC fighters, EA MMA has just as many good fighters in it's roster as the UFC Undisputed. I'm talking about the game in terms of gameplay & feel and in my opinion, EA MMA isn't as good as UFC Undisputed.

If you think UFC Undisputed's fighters don't fight like their real life counterparts you've obviously not played the game beyond beginner level. They certainly fight every bit as much like their real life counterparts as EA MMA.

You should see the biased **** he says in the UFC thread. :whatever:

Biased..? :huh:

Dude you've spent the past few days excessively trolling out anyone who disagrees with you on anything MMA particularly Brock Lesnar &/or Cain Velasquez.. your an idiot who has nothing decent to contribute to any discussion being had other than moronic baiting comments.. the 2 posts you've made in here proves my point given I've not even looked at you sideways in this thread.

2 years? how did you come to this conclusion or are you talking out of your ass again?

THQ & UFC agreed to make a game in 2007, the game was then released in May 2009.

EA announced EA MMA on June 1st 2009.

So in simpleton terms, THQ was developing their MMA game 2 years ahead of EA's MMA game meaning..? Yes that's correct, THQ has a 2 year development head start over EA.

Last edited:
So you are a UFC fanboy, I guess the WEC sucked too and Pride was garbage.

Not at all. I've yet to see a bad WEC card in the last 2 years. I think merging the two companies sill do a lot for the sport since it will let the smaller fighters shine in front of a big audience. 125lb division? I can't wait to see that. Those lighter guys are insane.

I was a HUGE fan of PRIDE in it's day.

I'm saying as of right now the UFC is the superior brand in MMA. I didn't say every other brand out there sucks (except for Strikeforce which is laughable), I just said the UFC has the best fighters and often puts on the best matches. Remember, I started this thread because I bought this game...and NON UFC game and mentioned how much I liked it.

If that makes me a "UFC fanboy" then so be it. It makes some of you sound like the typical "if it's popular then I hate it" crowd.

Last edited:
0neDisturbedSOB you do understand how boring the UFC would be with out competition?

I'm ALL for competition. Doesn't make the competition very good though. Strikeforce is probably the only real competition the UFC has right now. DREAM is out there, but a lot of MMA fans don't get the channel that DREAM is on (I don't). With Strikeforce being in CBS a few times it lets them appeal to a larger audience. Again, if Strikeforce doesn't want to become the next EliteXC then they need to rethink who they're giving title shots to, and how long they let their champions stay active without defending their belts. Overeerm/Le should've been stripped after a year.

UFC, PRIDE and WEC have been/are my favorites. It just so happens that they're owned by the same company. Big deal. Bellator has put on some good fights as of late, but then need to either get on network TV or get into PPV if they want to stay relevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"