Supergirl Earth-38 Version of Arrowverse Superheroes

divan

Civilian
Reaction score
Would you people be interested in seeing Earth-38 versions of Barry Allen's Flash, Oliver Queen's Green Arrow, Dinah (Laurel) Lance's Black Canary...?

I think they'd made interesting secondary characters/guest stars and, if they aren't really played by the same actors (and they wouldn't have to be, though probably some would liek that for Black Canary) and/or have different characterizations (which I think it'd be nicer than having them be carbon copies of the 'main' versions) it be interesting to compare and contrast with the ones in the shows, making them meet each other could be distinct possibility too.

I'd only be interested in seeing Black Canary.

But, ideally she would be Kara's vigilante partner in crime (fighting) rather than The Guardian. I think the current cast is too large to really do service to the Black Canary and I don't want to see the character wasted again.

hmm I don't see Luci coming back any time soon. so I don't think the cast is as big as it used to be . I would like to see earth 38's version of those character and if they are acting low key like the JSA in small ville.

How ever I don't think the writers will go that way. and there will be the usual opposition from half the fan base and we'll see a weird split among the fans base. which will be award.

I my self wouldn't cause they most likely won't stay long. but it's best to avoid some things . and again I'm sure and doubt the writers will go there.

I would only like to see Black Canary played by KC. Keep her away from Guggenhack.

Supergirl generally has a more "classic" feel when it comes to using the characters from the comics, so it'd be interesting to see how it'd interpret them - Characters like Green Arrow and Black Canary would probably very different from their Arrow counterparts if they too followed the comics' stories (I do see KC doing a more lighthearted BC and pulling it off, not so sure about Amell), which I think could be interesting to watch even if only for some episodes (hence the "guest stars") but personally I'd like to see Kara meeting a Barry Allen Flash that isn't played by Grant Gustin, if only because I think it'd be funny for her to compare him to the "main" Barry (and we could see a Barry Allen Flash without the baggage of tragedy and errors our Flash has as benefits to a main character).

I'd only be interested in seeing Black Canary.

But, ideally she would be Kara's vigilante partner in crime (fighting) rather than The Guardian. I think the current cast is too large to really do service to the Black Canary and I don't want to see the character wasted again.

I think they'd generally work better as guest stars that pop up from time to time, basically what they did with Superman in the season premiere or Flash last year.

Last edited:
It could be fun. I don't mind if they cast different actors, or use the same ones. It wouldn't be too weird for me to see the characters played by different actors or actresses. I think a lot of the casts on the shows have done a good job and I have enjoyed them, but I do not think many of them have made the role their own, or have made it difficult for me to picture someone else in the role. Some of the few people that I would say have made the role their own, so that I would find it hard to picture someone else playing the characters, or would at least consider it to be difficult for someone to do a better job than them, are Manu Bennett as Slade and Cavanagh as Eobard Thawne. There may be a few others that I am forgetting. Those two that I named are amongst the best actors on the shows.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Ollie, but with awesome old school Green Arrow facial hair, more "damn the fat cats at city hall" left-wing leanings and overall lighter in tone.

It could be fun. I don't mind if they cast different actors, or use the same ones. It wouldn't be too weird for me to see the characters played by different actors or actresses. I think a lot of the casts on the shows have done a good job and I have enjoyed them, but I do not think many of them have made the role their own, or have made it difficult for me to picture someone else in the role. Some of the few people that I would say have made the role their own, so that I would find it hard to picture someone else playing the characters, or would at least consider it to be difficult for someone to do a better job than them, are Manu Bennett as Slade and Cavanagh as Eobard Thawne. There may be a few others that I am forgetting. Those two that I named are amongst the best actors on the shows.

I find it interesting that Cavanagh, the actor many people would consider the definitive version of RF, wasn't supposed to be playing the actual RF as far as appaerance is concerned.

I'd like to see Ollie, but with awesome old school Green Arrow facial hair, more "damn the fat cats at city hall" left-wing leanings and overall lighter in tone.

That's exactly the kind of Ollie I want to see as well. It'd also be very interesting to have the this version of Oliver Queen interact with Arrow's darker, more "batmanized" version.

Big time. I can see the Earth-38 versions of Flash, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Firestorm, and Atom more like their comic book selves.

"World's Finest" established that Earth-38 at least has a Central City, so even if there's no Barry Allen, there could be another speedster somewhere that originated from there.

I find it interesting that Cavanagh, the actor many people would consider the definitive version of RF, wasn't supposed to be playing the actual RF as far as appaerance is concerned

He did such a great job in the role. I like Matt too, but he hasn't gotten as much of a chance as Cavanagh, and there is also no guarantee he would be as good. Matt does look more like Eobard though. I think them having Eobard take over Wells was a reference to the comics, as Eobard has disguised himself as other people there too, like Barry Allen in "Return of Barry Allen".

"World's Finest" established that Earth-38 at least has a Central City, so even if there's no Barry Allen, there could be another speedster somewhere that originated from there.

The thing is, in Barry's search, he said "No Cisco Ramon, Caitlyn Snow, or STAR Labs," but that doesn't mean those characters don't exist. It means they don't live in Central City, and they don't work at STAR Labs. In the Flashpoint timeline Caitlyn was an optometrist...she could be anything in Supergirl's earth. A veterinarian, a librarian, even a Marine. Cisco could be a famous rapper who doesn't go by the name Cisco Ramon, hence Barry couldn't find him. There's room for these characters to exist without being their Earth-1 selves. And Kara had never heard of Flash, Green Arrow, or Firestorm, but that doesn't mean they don't exist at all. Just that she hasn't heard of them. I'd find it really hilarious if Superman knows them and introduces Kara to them and she's like "Hey, I know these guys!" and they're like "Um...we've never met you."

I think it is high time they start showing some Arrow/Flash character dopplegangers on Supergirl. You don't need to introduce Barry/Oliver, everyone else has plenty of time to show up for an episode. Just like how we saw E2 Deadshot, even the smaller characters make an impact.

I can see Dinah Laurel Lance working at a flower shop instead of attorney.

I wish we could all settle on using the earth designations to describe the individual earths and "Arrowverse" to describe the whole shared multiverse (including Supergirl, 1990 Flash, Earth-3, etc).

Doesn't help that the showrunners themselves sometimes use "Arrowverse" to describe just Earth-1 (plus they once called it Universe Prime) and sometimes they use it to describe all the shows including Supergirl.

I don't know why this bugs me so, but it does. My inner nerd just screams every time I see it.

He did such a great job in the role. I like Matt too, but he hasn't gotten as much of a chance as Cavanagh, and there is also no guarantee he would be as good. Matt does look more like Eobard though. I think them having Eobard take over Wells was a reference to the comics, as Eobard has disguised himself as other people there too, like Barry Allen in "Return of Barry Allen".

In the Flashpoint timeline at the beginning of this season, Matt was ice cold when he made Barry beg him to kill his mother. Probably one of the best scenes in the entire Arrowverse. That was easily as good as any individual Wells-Thawne scene. It's just that we've seen so much more of Kavanagh in the role.

The thing is, in Barry's search, he said "No Cisco Ramon, Caitlyn Snow, or STAR Labs," but that doesn't mean those characters don't exist. It means they don't live in Central City, and they don't work at STAR Labs. In the Flashpoint timeline Caitlyn was an optometrist...she could be anything in Supergirl's earth. A veterinarian, a librarian, even a Marine. Cisco could be a famous rapper who doesn't go by the name Cisco Ramon, hence Barry couldn't find him. There's room for these characters to exist without being their Earth-1 selves. And Kara had never heard of Flash, Green Arrow, or Firestorm, but that doesn't mean they don't exist at all. Just that she hasn't heard of them. I'd find it really hilarious if Superman knows them and introduces Kara to them and she's like "Hey, I know these guys!" and they're like "Um...we've never met you."

I'm happy you all are openminded and think the same way I do that it's just that erath 38 version just took different path's in life and just chose other occupations and may not even be using the same names as they are in earth one this is better and what i stated in this thread .of the Mehcad Brooks is Jimmy Olsen thread, here on page>>: 12 where a poster for Argentina got hostile. cause i didn't take what writers had barry say as gospel, and just stated these same examples as possibility's to why Barry couldn't found the same people.
cause he didn't understand and didn't want to hear it and chose to be hostile.

I left after that

well I'm happy you all understand it. one things for sure I'm not wasting my time with that poster again. I chose the better road. be side his being hostile was turning the thread into some thing even if it was a detour it's about the character of James Olsen. and this thread here is the proper place to discuss this.

Last edited:

There's also the possibility that these heroes just haven't been stablished yet. If you asked someone from Arrow Season 1 about The Flash they'd look at you dumbfounded, same with Kara when she was asked who Green Arrow and Black Canary were.

At the start of the series it seemed the only (public) hero was Superman (with recent comments suggesting Batman also exists, but he's probably more of an urban legend thing), Supergirl being the second.

There's also the possibility that these heroes just haven't been stablished yet. If you asked someone from Arrow Season 1 about The Flash they'd look at you dumbfounded, same with Kara when she was asked who Green Arrow and Black Canary were.

At the start of the series it seemed the only (public) hero was Superman (with recent comments suggesting Batman also exists, but he's probably more of an urban legend thing), Supergirl being the second.
And that's why I said above and other Places it's possible some of them have been keeping them selves low key like the small ville version of the JSA that didn't show til later in years at the end of the series. Til then Clark never knew they existed. it could be the same case here . it could very well be the same case .

Yup, on Earth 38 Oliver may not have gotten on the Gambit yet.

what if all the Earth-38 doppelgangers are gender swapped versions of them lol

that's why Barry couldn't find any record of anyone on that earth, cause they have different (opposite sex equivalent) names

Last edited:

that's why Barry couldn't find any record of anyone on that earth, cause they have different (opposite sex equivalent) names
hmm lol well that's going into "Omni verse" territory, in the all possibility's of the "bubble universe " theory.

I'll play along and say it's possible hmm I guess she'd go by the name Olivia and if she's now answering queen they the play of would be king. it's possibility not sure if it's likely or rate possibility but it's very probable if not possible.

Yeah I'm aware I said possible too many times . lol I'm saying it might have happened. Til it's explored, we won't know. there alot that could have happened result wise.

So would that mean on Earth-1 there is an Alexandra Luthor and a Leonardo Luthor? A Maxine Lord, Henrietta Henshaw, Charles Grant, Louis Lane, Penny White, Wendy Schott, Jasmine Olsen, Mike Sawyer, even an Alexander Danvers.

Most likely, there just aren't a lot of matching people. Which they kind of justified with their note of the place being Earth-38, implicitly being *well* further away from Earth-1 than Earth-2 or 3 are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"