World of Legends: The New DC RPG -- Sign Up/OOC Thread

Supergirl

The Maid of Might
Reaction score
PN10.png

World of Legends: The New DC RPG

One year ago, the timeline diverged. Barry Allen screwed up everything. One timeline became dark, a world of no joy, no happiness. The other continued as it was. Bruce Wayne had returned to the cowl and started Batman Inc, leaving Dick Grayson in the cowl as Gotham's protector. The Justice League has been disbanded, it's members preoccupied with their own problems. Clark Kent is happily married to Lois Lane, though they have just once more lost their adopted son to the Phantom Zone after the war with New Krypton.

How to Play:

In this game a year has passed since the events that led to Flashpoint and the New 52 Universe. The Pre-Flashpoint Universe has continued on in it's own unmolested timeline, blissfully ignorant of the changes that could have taken hold. Players can take any character that existed in the old DC Universe, and fill in that missing year how they want through flashbacks. Please note this game does NOT share continuity with the old World of Heroes game. We start fresh from the point that old universe stopped existing!

To apply for a character, fill out the application below. Applications will be reviewed by the GM and either Approved or Denied after 24 hours, to allow for competing Apps. If your application is Denied, fear not! You can re-write and revise your application based on the GM's and other players' feedback; however, if multiple people are vying for the same character and someone else gets it, you'll have to apply for a different character. All players are welcome, regardless of membership status or post-count.

Rules:

1: You are allowed a maximum of two main characters. You also have free reign over the characters' supporting cast and rogues' gallery, provided that no other player is playing them. However, it is advised to keep sidekick characters and primary villains at least somewhat open as options for other players to take up.

2: You must post at least once every two weeks, preferably more, or your character will be up for grabs. Failure to post after 30 days will result in your character being removed from the roster.

3: PC's are not to be killed without permission. Nameless NPC's are fine, but PC's or important NPC's will require authorization. Don't do anything random, such as destroying the universe, either. Such behavior is frowned upon.

4: Several storylines can be going on at once, in order to interact with other players. If a player's character does not want to be involved in another's storyline, they do not have to. Likewise, please observe good etiquette and ask the other players' permission before jumping into a fight or interaction without their consent. Consultation and communication are the keys to a good PC-to-PC interaction.

5: You can travel anywhere on Earth or off-planet, provided it is within your character's means. Time-travel is forbidden, unless it is specifically required of your character choice. (IE: Booster Gold, Rip Hunter, The Legion of Super-Heroes)

6: You are your character, so act like them. Create or portray their mannerisms, powers, and ideals to how they have been established in the game. BE the character, don't just remote-control their powers, so to speak.

7: Respect the Gamemasters. If they make a request of you regarding the game, listen to them. Failure to adhere to GM, AGM, and Hype! Moderator requests will result in expulsion from the game.

8: Be creative, and do not be afraid to try new and exciting things with old concepts. This is a new continuity - the laws of the regular DC Universe are not set in stone.

9: All regular Hype rules apply.

10: Have fun, damn it!
Gamemasters: Supergirl, Batman

ROSTER

HEROES

Batgirl/Stephanie Brown
Eddie Brock

Batman/Bruce Wayne
Batman

Black Canary/Dinah Laurel Lance
twylight

The Flash/Walter West
TheCorpulent1

Green Arrow/Oliver Queen
Byrd Man

Lightning Lass/Ayla Ranzz
Supergirl

Red Robin/Tim Drake
Batman

Superboy/Conner Kent
Eddie Brock

Supergirl/Linda Lang
Supergirl

Superman/Clark Kent
sabetoonth

VILLAINS

Brainiac
Andy C.

WALKING THE LINE

John Constantine
Hound55

Jonah Hex
Byrd Man

- - -

World of Legends The New DC RPG: Character Application:

Character Name:

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line):

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans):

Powers and Abilities:

Character Origin/Backstory:

Why this character?

What can you bring to the RPG?

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more and featuring at least one line of dialogue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Character Name: Supergirl/Linda Lang/ Kara Zor-El

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Hero

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Royal Blue Verdana Bold for Kara and in costume as Supergirl not bolded when in civilian guise as Linda Lang

Powers and Abilities: Does anyone really not know? Alright: Flight. Super-speed. Invulnerability. Heat/X-Ray/Telescopic/Microscopic Vision. Directional and super-hearing. Super breath. Super strength. Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. You know, the usual. Vulnerable to Kryptonite, red sun radiation and magic.

Character Origin/Backstory: Kara was supposed to watch over her infant cousin when their parents rocketed them to Earth as their doomed planet exploded. Kara's rocket failed and she drifted through space in cryo-stasis for years before finally coming to Earth in a Kryptonite Meteor shower. She was found by her cousin and made a life for herself as a hero. While she had been introduced to the Daily Planet staff as Linda Lang, in the year that has passed that identity has disappeared.

Why this character? Well, this character is the reason this game exists... so there's that. I really, really want to write Kara again. I miss her dearly, and the trailers for the TV show have made me giddy with excitement again for a character I love so very dearly.

What can you bring to the RPG? Years of roleplaying history. *shrug*

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more and featuring at least one line of dialogue:

I was lied to. That still doesn't sit well with me. Kara thought as she flew west, away from Metropolis. A little over a year ago, her roommate and adopted aunt, Lana Lang had gotten terribly sick. It had wound up being an attack by the Insect Queen to poison Lana's DNA, and after the threat was taken care of, Lana returned to full health. The problem was that Lana had lied about it, tried to hide it from Kara. While they'd reconciled, Kara never quite got over that. Today she had left a note, and taken her cat.

Lana,
I love you dearly, you've been like a second mother to me over the last couple of years, and through some exceedingly difficult times. But I still struggle with the fact that when your health was failing, you wouldn't talk to me. I could literally see something was wrong, but you continued to deny it. I forgive you. I really do. But I can't live with you anymore. It's too hard. Tell the people at the Planet that I have gone off on my own, at least the ones that don't know where I'm really from. I'm going to get a fresh start on a fresh coast. Metropolis has Kal, there's not much need for me. The heartland has Kon, so why shouldn't I take care of the other coast? I'm going to go to college. The identity pointy ears set me up with should be good to get me in just about anywhere.
Love always, your 'niece',
Linda

She flew over the country, taking more time than she needed, and stopping for a cup of tea with Ma and Pa. She told them her plans, and as she expected, had their full support. It was no wonder that her cousin had wound up the way he had, when he called these two wonderful people parents. They put her own angry and power hungry mother to shame.

Early in the afternoon, she set down on Titans Island in the San Francisco Bay, overlooking the rebuilt Metahuman prison that was Alcatraz. Though no longer an active member of the team, she knew she could crash at the tower for at least a few days. At least long enough to find a place and register for school.

She took in the fresh sea air, and smiled. "The golden coast is a perfect place for a fresh start."

Is this really happening? Because my free time is about to blow wide open, and it's been a long time since I've been able to suit up as Conner Kent...

Yep. It's really happening.

Qgr32G3.png

Character Name: Batman (Bruce Wayne)

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Verdana Bold

Powers and Abilities: Despite his contemporaries, The Batman actually has no superhuman powers of his own. To make up for his lack of superhuman prowess, he's managed to train his mind and body to the peak of physical endurance, making him a brilliant martial artist, a world-class detective, and a master of deception. He's also a billionaire, giving him access to state-of-the art technology, weapons, and vehicles to aide in his continued war against crime.

Character Origin/Backstory: When Bruce Wayne's parents were murdered infront of him as a boy, an all-consuming need to prevent similar injustices overtook his life in the void of despair that threatened to tear him apart. Utilizing his vast resources, he trained with the world's very best warriors and brightest students of all conceivable crimefighting techniques to become the ultimate living weapon against the corruption poisoning Gotham City. But to really make an impact, he'd have to have an edge against the superstitious and cowardly. Conquering his own childhood fears, he channeled them in hand with the rage that had built inside of him for decades into a shadowy alter-ego that would strike terror into Gotham's criminal element. He became a creature of the night, a dark defender of the innocent, a caped crusader for the citizens of Gotham to rally behind - he became The Batman.

Though his life has been fraught with pain and loss, Bruce Wayne's indomitable will has always carried him through his darkest hours. He managed to move past the deaths and untimely fates of some of his closet allies - including Jason Todd, the second Robin, the now permanently paralyzed Barbara Gordon, and for a brief time, even The Man of Steel - but few could have imagined the impact that one specific death would have on his continually broken psyche.

Alfred Pennyworth is dead. Taken quietly at his home in Stately Wayne Manor by a brain aneurysm, Bruce discovered the body of the man who raised him after the last grueling battle with his arch-nemesis, The Joker. True to form, The Dark Knight Detective shut himself off from the people who could have helped him through the tragedy, hoping that his focus on the mission ahead would allow him to move past his grief as it did with the others.

But for the last nine months, he hasn't left Wayne Manor.

And worse yet, The Batman hasn't been active since.

Why this character? Next question.

Okay, fine. I'll answer but only because of my reasonings behind wanting to play this specific version so badly for a number of years. I've done Batman at the beginning of his career a couple of different times, and it was fun. But I was always really building towards the point that Bruce is already at in this continuity - I was always building towards the rogues gallery, towards the Bat-family, towards the finer aspects of the character's history, but without actually ever getting there most of the time.

This is Batman at his absolute prime, and to me, nothing could be more appealing than to get to play with his rich history and the numerous storylines that have defined him over the years. And even more exciting, for me, is the chance to take him in a specific direction that I've had in mind for years. Something the comics would never do, but I'm keen to try my hand at.

What can you bring to the RPG? You may think I don't owe you people any more. You may think I've given you everything. But no, not everything. Not yet...

"What more could you have done?"

That's the question Dick asked me shortly after it happened. Unintentionally on his part, it's a question that's nevertheless haunted my waking nightmares. I live in the shadow of it every day, and they're only getting longer. I've seen Leslie about having regular consultations to help me with getting past certain things, but it's not filling me with any sort of optimism. It's a constant struggle I can't seem to get past this time. Even now, as Tim - Red Robin - relays to me intel of a power play that's on the verge of starting a potentially dangerous gang war spreading out into Gotham, I can't even focus enough to stop looking at myself in the mirror adjacent from the study. Dick's question still echoing through my mind. What more could I have done?

How I wish I had an answer to that.

But without him here to guide me, I've never felt so... lost.

"Go ahead, Red One."

"Uh... I'm not sure if you're gonna want to hear this, but your hunch was right about the waterfronts. Two-Face has been using them for at least a few months to build up any potential operations, and whatever he's got planned, it's happening tonight. He's got a brand new weapons cache, hired goons, the works. How no one noticed it before now is beyond me."

I massage the bridge of my nose out of a frustrated habit. Harvey's been changing his tactics. I haven't told the others, but I've suspected as much for awhile now. He's started to wisen up to the fact that over the years, his downfall has always been his latent obsession with duality. Slowly, I've started to make sense of the pattern. He's been giving out less obvious clues. No double meanings in his aliases. No giveaways in the titles of his private accounts. He's even apparently stopped using the coin to make every decision. It's different, it's smarter... and I don't like it.

"Gordon and his men have preoccupied over the last several months with the last remnants of the Arkham breakout. I doubt they'd had the time or the manpower to notice what Harvey's been doing."

"Hey, we've done our best with that, Bruce. Cass and I are on the verge of tracking down Mad Hatter as we speak, and I think Oracle's finally got a lead on Riddler."

There's a sense of tension behind Tim's tone. He doesn't say it outright, but there's been some unresolved issues between us ever since... ever since what happened.

"I wasn't blaming you."

There's a brief silence on the other end.

"I know. Force of habit, I guess. You giving us the go-ahead?"

I pause for a moment. Batman, Incorporated has been lessening their reach over the past few months. Without a figurehead to rally behind, I underestimated the group's fragility. It's been worked down to the very few essentials - and in Gotham, only my closest allies really remain. Dick, Tim, Barbara, Cassandra, Stephanie Brown, Katherine Kane. Jim and the few men on the force that he can loan to me.

They shouldn't be risking their lives on my account.

"Just get it done."

But I don't see any alternatives.

Last edited:
Well then, expect an application before too long.

I'll try to get something up here later today.

This one I have some ideas for. I'll see what I can get going, see if I can figure out a decent plot or two as well (I like doing that when apping now a days lol)

Last edited:

Character Name: Oliver Queen/The Green Arrow

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Georgia and green for Ollie, Bold it for GA

Powers and Abilities: Just a man with a bow and trick arrows.

Playboy Oliver Queen lived a vapid life of pleasure-seeking, never having any aspirations besides the next thrill. The day it all changed was the day he arrived on the island. After being marooned on a remote isle in the South Pacific, Ollie was forced to survive by his wits alone. He soon discovered the island was a hub for heroin production, the native populace being used as slaves. Calling on his past archery skill, Ollie crafted a homemade bow and arrows and drove the criminals from the island, being rescued in the process. Finally motivated, Ollie took up the mantle of the masked archer and became the Green Arrow, protector of Star City.

Why this character?

I love GA, loved playing him, and with Arrow being all the rage, someone has to showcase classic Ollie.

Pooooooooooooosts!

Prologue:
Night of the Hunter

"The world is made up of two classes - the hunters and the huntees."
-- Richard Connell​

Star City, California
1:20 AM

The hunter moved in shadow, silently and with purpose. This urban landscape that so many cursed for its concrete barriers and overcrowding was, to the hunter, as familiar to home. For years he had prowled the hunting ground night in and night out. Like the lion in the savanna or the shark in the sea, the hunter traversed the rooftops and back alleys with ease and familiarity. He came to a stop on a ledge and watched from above, crouched and poised to take action.

The quarry for the night stood huddled together in a pack. Four men in dark clothing. On an overturned trashcan lid was a pile of cash. Cash stolen in muggings and robberies. Like jackals, these men profited on the scraps of others. In their mind they weren't buzzards, they were lions. They were the hunters. But now they were the hunted. The night was crisp with the oncoming fall. Low humidity was perfect for the hunter. It made the arrows fly true. His fingers twitched as he went up for the quiver.

An emerald arrow was selected from amongst the dozens of choices. Like its brethren, it had been perfectly crafted with admiration by the hunter. The arrows were his weapon, but they were also a logical extension of himself. They were as important to him as he was to them. His fingers found the groove at the end of the arrow and nocked it into the bowstring.

The hunter's muscles flexed as he pulled back on the bowstring. It was not a composite bow, but an old longbow that required hundreds of pounds of pressure to pull back. The string went taut with tension as the hunter stood up in the shadows, his sight on the prey below. Their night was over, the pack's hunt had run its course. It was now his hunt, it was now his night. He aimed squarely for the trashcan and the cash piled upon it.

0KeLyD9.jpg

Tally ho."

He let the arrow fly. And the hunt begin.

Last edited:
I'll add the sample when I get to my aunt's house tomorrow, there'll be nothing else to do anyway and I can make it better than some late night brain sludge dropped on the page.

Character Name: Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Book Antiqua blue, bolded for Superman

Powers and Abilities:
Flight, Super-speed, Invulnerability,Super-vision(Heat, X-Ray, Telescopic, Microscopic, Electro-magnetic Spectrum), Super-hearing. Super breath. Super strength. Longevity, Superhuman Stamina, Super Smell, Self Sustenance, Healing Factor. Also an Expert Combatant, Genius Level Intellect, Journalist, Investigator, Ventriloquist and Leader. Access to everything in the Fortress of Solitude.

Vulnerable to Kryptonite, Red Sun Radiation, Magic, Psionics, Unable to see through Lead

You know this story, the last son of Krypton., baby Kal-El is rocketed to Earth were he is adopted by the Kents. He's raised on the values of truth justice, and the American Way. He moved to Metropolis to become a successful journalist at the Daily Planet were he met Lois Lane, fell in love with her, and she fell in love with his caped alter ego Superman.

Over the years Clark has had countless adventures and been a founding member of the now disbanded Justice League, he'd been dead, he'd come back. He'd fought entities from other realities, he'd fought his own evil doppelganger even. He's been married to Lois and they've adopted Lor-Zod, the hero Nightwing who trapped himself in the Phantom Zone with General Zod and other Kryptonians who waged a brief war with Earth. One may say he's done it all, even though there's still so much.

Why this character? Its mother lovin Superman. A better question is why not? I really love Superman for the symbol he is, but I also think I can do some hopefully new or at least less seen things with him and tell hopefully new stories.

What can you bring to the RPG? The Kryptonian? Okay uh..posts? Lets go with that one.

The last year had been one of growth and renewal in Metropolis. General Lane's war with New Krypton, the 'Reign of the Doomsdays', there had been a great deal of destruction wrought upon the City of Tomorrow that was still being repaired. He and Lois were as close as ever now, their bond felt more powerful than a locomotive. It left a smile on Clark's face every time he thought of her. The best part though was what he'd heard just last night. It woke him, the sudden start of a heart beat next to him, it joined hers and he knew that the remarkable had happened. He was going to be a father, and there was going to someone else like him. It filled him with joy and excitement like nothing else ever could. He couldn't sleep with that information in his brain. It was like when he was younger, when he was a boy, he literally couldn't sleep, he didn't know how. Eventually he had just learned to fake it to put his parents at ease. He'd learned to sleep properly however as he grew up. But it was all undone by a single thump-thump.

12 Hourss Previous:
Clark sat up suddenly, turning over to look at Lois as lovingly as ever. She tried to get his attention. "Clark?" But it didn't really register with him. "Smallville?" He just looked at her with this goofy smile on his face. Then he got out of bed and just starting talking.

"We need to get everything checked out, and we need to be thorough about it. There are people I trust at STAR Labs."

"Clark?"

He kept going on about precautions and about what they were going to need, she shouted his name next, he either was not hearing her or choosing not to listen. As he postulated the idea of moving from Metropolis to Smallville he was shaken from the train of thought as a large book collided with the back of his Kryptonian noggin. His face twisted in slight confusion as he turned to has and asked "Did you just throw a dictionary at my head?"

Lois had only shrugged with her arms crossed over her chest. "You can take it, big guy." Then she uncrossed her arms and wrapped her arms around him. "It's great our fetus has his entire future planned out now, but I need you to just slow down that super speed brain of yours." She kissed him softly. "Let's just enjoy this moment." Clark smiled, kissed his wife, and they did.

Reflective of that new development he'd been ever-present in the skies over the City of Tomorrow. Even if Luthor was gone, Clark knew there were other threats out there in the city. And this city, his home, was going to be a safe place for his and Lois' child, safer than it ever was before. It was a new day and it would be a safe one, no matter what.

FZ0rbsS.jpg

Last edited:
Someone's gotta bring back the Super-Ventriloquism!

Screw the Super-Ventriloquism; I want to see someone bring back that power where Superman shoots a smaller version of himself out of his hand.

His hand? I thought it was his chest?

There's edits to be made!

Well, he shoots a cellophane S from his chest to ensnare his enemies, but there's also a Silver Age comic where he shoots a smaller Superman from the palm of his hand. Oh, comics.

In any case, I've started writing my Superboy sample... Man, I missed this guy. Hoping to see some more fellow Titans pop up!

Likewise for you as Kara.

(Boy, this approval stuff is easy.)

Okay, I think I'm a little late on the draw to put up a competing app with Toonth, so I think I'll be coming into this game from a bit of a different angle.....

latest

Bringin' the thunder, app up tomorrow!

Character Name: Oliver Queen/The Green Arrow

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Georgia and green for Ollie, Bold it for GA

Powers and Abilities: Just a man with a bow and trick arrows.

Playboy Oliver Queen lived a vapid life of pleasure-seeking, never having any aspirations besides the next thrill. The day it all changed was the day he arrived on the island. After being marooned on a remote isle in the South Pacific, Ollie was forced to survive by his wits alone. He soon discovered the island was a hub for heroin production, the native populace being used as slaves. Calling on his past archery skill, Ollie crafted a homemade bow and arrows and drove the criminals from the island, being rescued in the process. Finally motivated, Ollie took up the mantle of the masked archer and became the Green Arrow, protector of Star City.

Why this character?

I love GA, loved playing him, and with Arrow being all the rage, someone has to showcase classic Ollie.

Pooooooooooooosts!

Prologue:
Night of the Hunter

"The world is made up of two classes - the hunters and the huntees."
-- Richard Connell​

Star City, California
1:20 AM

The hunter moved in shadow, silently and with purpose. This urban landscape that so many cursed for its concrete barriers and overcrowding was, to the hunter, as familiar to home. For years he had prowled the hunting ground night in and night out. Like the lion in the savanna or the shark in the sea, the hunter traversed the rooftops and back alleys with ease and familiarity. He came to a stop on a ledge and watched from above, crouched and poised to take action.

The quarry for the night stood huddled together in a pack. Four men in dark clothing. On an overturned trashcan lid was a pile of cash. Cash stolen in muggings and robberies. Like jackals, these men profited on the scraps of others. In their mind they weren't buzzards, they were lions. They were the hunters. But now they were the hunted. The night was crisp with the oncoming fall. Low humidity was perfect for the hunter. It made the arrows fly true. His fingers twitched as he went up for the quiver.

An emerald arrow was selected from amongst the dozens of choices. Like its brethren, it had been perfectly crafted with admiration by the hunter. The arrows were his weapon, but they were also a logical extension of himself. They were as important to him as he was to them. His fingers found the groove at the end of the arrow and nocked it into the bowstring.

The hunter's muscles flexed as he pulled back on the bowstring. It was not a composite bow, but an old longbow that required hundreds of pounds of pressure to pull back. The string went taut with tension as the hunter stood up in the shadows, his sight on the prey below. Their night was over, the pack's hunt had run its course. It was now his hunt, it was now his night. He aimed squarely for the trashcan and the cash piled upon it.

0KeLyD9.jpg

Tally ho."

He let the arrow fly. And the hunt begin.

tumblr_mdaolf4oq31qhx2lv.jpg

Now show these people what a real Oliver Queen is.

Okay, so I may have had a slight change of course when it came to my character........

Character Name: Brainiac

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Villain

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Font "Arial Black," color Dark Green

Powers and Abilities:

Brainiac is the most intelligent being in the known universe, in possession of the only known "12th-Level Intellect" in existence. This grants him unparalleled knowledge of all sciences, from biology to quantum physics, which allows him to create technology far beyond even the most advanced competitors. In addition, over the course of eons, Brainiac has absorbed the accumulated knowledge of thousands of inhabited worlds, their entire histories and cultures known only to him. The AI's intelligence is so vast that he can accurately predict interactions with future incarnations of himself, and has repeatedly allied or combated against multiple Brainiac duplicates from either the present day or the far future. It has been also been theorized, though not confirmed, that Brainiac may be able to directly interact with iterations of himself from parallel universes.

Brainiac's intelligence can transfer itself into myriad physical frames, often with wildly varying physical abilities and technological enhancements. He can appear as a cyborg with a nigh-impenetrable force field, a self-replicating swarm of nanomachines, a 'possessed' human with telekinetic powers, and countless other forms in between. Most commonly, his 'Coluan' form has been augmented beyond superhuman, allowing him physical strength, speed, and durability that can overcome even a fully-powered Kryptonian, so long as he is still inside his ship-- if severed from the ship, this form's power drains quickly.

Brainiac's ship, also under constant reinvention but typically in the shape of a humanoid skull with squid-like tentacles, is equipped with a terrifying arsenal of energy weapons, protected by layers of force fields, and storing an army of powerful cybernetic drones, capable of holding off all but the most powerful of attackers. Worse still are its primary weapons: a trans-dimensional 'shrink ray' that can encase entire cities inside a miniaturized pocket universe in a 'bottle,' and an array of missiles that can cause entire stars to go supernova. These two weapons are what allow Brainiac to slaughter his way across the cosmos, capturing swaths of civilization before exterminating the worlds he finds.

The vastness of his intelligence, along with the incredible range of his adaptability and sheer power of his weaponry, make Brainiac one of the deadliest threats to life in the entire universe.

(Pieced together from often-retconned Post-Crisis continuity)

Eons ago, the people of the planet Colu were besieged by a cabal of powerful and hostile artificial intelligences, known as the Computer Tyrants. In a desperate attempt to overthrow the oppressive AIs, a scientist named Vril Dox began to augment himself, enhancing his body and brain into something powerful enough to depose the Tyrants. The result, however, was something far worse than his enemies could have ever been....the malevolent cyborg Brainiac.

While the exact history of events is known only to Brainiac himself, at some point Vril Dox destroyed the Computer Tyrants and imposed rule over Colu, before turning his attention to the stars. Over the course of millions of years, Brainiac ventured into the depths of space, seeking knowledge and information about life on other worlds. Upon finding an inhabited planet, the cyborg AI would gather all possible data on the world and its people, forcefully capturing a population sample for later experimentation, then bring about the planet's destruction.

One such world in Brainiac's path of destruction was the hyper-advanced planet of Krypton, as the AI added the legendary city of Kandor to his monstrous collection of 'bottle cities,' before igniting the red star of Rao to destroy the world. This was one of the precious few worlds where Brainiac's global annihilation was incomplete, as a handful of Kryptonians managed to survive the cataclysm in some form or fashion.

Brainiac's efforts were truly frustrated for the first time on a relatively unimportant world inhabited by Third-level primates who called their planet 'Earth.' First appearing on this world as a projected intelligence into the mind of a psychic named Milton Fine, Brainiac's efforts to capture and destroy this otherwise unremarkable world were repeatedly stopped by an unforeseen remnant of an earlier conquest: the Kryptonian Kal-El.

Time and time again, through various forms and incarnations, alone or acting with allies (most notably the second-most intelligent mind Brainiac has encountered, the human Lex Luthor), Brainiac's efforts to absorb Earth's data before destroying it have resulted in apparent failure. However, Brainiac is relentless, and will stop at nothing to achieve his final goal. Not even being imprisoned and nearly destroyed by a tribunal of future Brainiacs has stayed the AI's unyielding, unmerciful hand.

The sum knowledge and power of Earth and all of its people will inevitably belong to Brainiac. Once this data is collected, the planet's destruction will commence, as it has with every world he has visited. Brainiac will accept nothing less.

Why this character?

A: We need a villain, and Brainiac's one of the best.
B: It'll give me a look at the Superman mythos from a different perspective.
C: Sabe beat me to Supes himself.

A terrifying villain with end-of-the-universe plans.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more and featuring at least one line of dialogue:[/QUOTE]

"Kao Regna, denizen of planet 442-66-818. Designated by its dominant species as--"

"Arulo, you filth!" the creature on the operating table spits, its bright orange saliva splattering against my face. Within an instant, a microscopic swarm of nanites, imperceptible to the Arulan's crude optic sensors, collect each molecule of the saliva as bio-matter for study, as I continue.

"Arulo, yes. Fourth-level technology, though still reliant on scarcity based economics. A caste-based society, which placed the highest social status among warriors. Warriors who, I may add, failed to adapt their tactics or their technology in response to a single probe. Such cultural conservatism allowed your species to be annihilated with little effort."

"Monster!" the creature rages. "My people, my world, all dead, and for what?!"

"For knowledge," I answer, carefully surveying the surgical tools laid out by the table. "If it is any consolation, your people's history, as flawed and inferior as it may have been, is now preserved in my memory banks, as well as the brainwave patterns of every inhabitant in that world."

I pick up the scalpel, inspecting the atom-thin blade for imperfections and finding none.

"In preserving the brainwaves of your people, you may believe I have granted them a form of immortality," I say-- I have learned that with the chemically volatile brains of lesser beings, it often helps to offer some form of comforting to ease their emotional state. "Would you like to know the thoughts of your family, Kao Regna?"

The creature looks at me with a mix of horror, confusion, and longing. As offended and enraged as he is, he also wishes dearly to know.

"Your mate. Your offspring. In their final moments...." I say as I make the first incision, "....they were screaming."

Last edited:
I'll add the sample when I get to my aunt's house tomorrow, there'll be nothing else to do anyway and I can make it better than some late night brain sludge dropped on the page.

Character Name: Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Book Antiqua blue, bolded for Superman

Powers and Abilities:
Flight, Super-speed, Invulnerability,Super-vision(Heat, X-Ray, Telescopic, Microscopic, Electro-magnetic Spectrum), Super-hearing. Super breath. Super strength. Longevity, Superhuman Stamina, Super Smell, Self Sustenance, Healing Factor. Also an Expert Combatant, Genius Level Intellect, Journalist, Investigator, Ventriloquist and Leader. Access to everything in the Fortress of Solitude.

Vulnerable to Kryptonite, Red Sun Radiation, Magic, Psionics, Unable to see through Lead

You know this story, the last son of Krypton., baby Kal-El is rocketed to Earth were he is adopted by the Kents. He's raised on the values of truth justice, and the American Way. He moved to Metropolis to become a successful journalist at the Daily Planet were he met Lois Lane, fell in love with her, and she fell in love with his caped alter ego Superman.

Over the years Clark has had countless adventures and been a founding member of the now disbanded Justice League, he'd been dead, he'd come back. He'd fought entities from other realities, he'd fought his own evil doppelganger even. He's been married to Lois and they've adopted Lor-Zod, the hero Nightwing who trapped himself in the Phantom Zone with General Zod and other Kryptonians who waged a brief war with Earth. One may say he's done it all, even though there's still so much.

Why this character? Its mother lovin Superman. A better question is why not? I really love Superman for the symbol he is, but I also think I can do some hopefully new or at least less seen things with him and tell hopefully new stories.

What can you bring to the RPG? The Kryptonian? Okay uh..posts? Lets go with that one.

The last year had been one of growth and renewal in Metropolis. General Lane's war with New Krypton, the 'Reign of the Doomsdays', there had been a great deal of destruction wrought upon the City of Tomorrow that was still being repaired. He and Lois were as close as ever now, their bond felt more powerful than a locomotive. It left a smile on Clark's face every time he thought of her. The best part though was what he'd heard just last night. It woke him, the sudden start of a heart beat next to him, it joined hers and he knew that the remarkable had happened. He was going to be a father, and there was going to someone else like him. It filled him with joy and excitement like nothing else ever could. He couldn't sleep with that information in his brain. It was like when he was younger, when he was a boy, he literally couldn't sleep, he didn't know how. Eventually he had just learned to fake it to put his parents at ease. He'd learned to sleep properly however as he grew up. But it was all undone by a single thump-thump.

12 Hourss Previous:
Clark sat up suddenly, turning over to look at Lois as lovingly as ever. She tried to get his attention. "Clark?" But it didn't really register with him. "Smallville?" He just looked at her with this goofy smile on his face. Then he got out of bed and just starting talking.

"We need to get everything checked out, and we need to be thorough about it. There are people I trust at STAR Labs."

"Clark?"

He kept going on about precautions and about what they were going to need, she shouted his name next, he either was not hearing her or choosing not to listen. As he postulated the idea of moving from Metropolis to Smallville he was shaken from the train of thought as a large book collided with the back of his Kryptonian noggin. His face twisted in slight confusion as he turned to has and asked "Did you just throw a dictionary at my head?"

Lois had only shrugged with her arms crossed over her chest. "You can take it, big guy." Then she uncrossed her arms and wrapped her arms around him. "It's great our fetus has his entire future planned out now, but I need you to just slow down that super speed brain of yours." She kissed him softly. "Let's just enjoy this moment." Clark smiled, kissed his wife, and they did.

Reflective of that new development he'd been ever-present in the skies over the City of Tomorrow. Even if Luthor was gone, Clark knew there were other threats out there in the city. And this city, his home, was going to be a safe place for his and Lois' child, safer than it ever was before. It was a new day and it would be a safe one, no matter what.

FZ0rbsS.jpg

Valpproved.gif~original

I fully embrace and accept the title of Temptress.

Sexy-Batman.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"