The "Ultimate DC Universe" RPG, Season 3.0: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

As I'm not really involved with the Crisis or any of the current UDC, I vote for a reboot now.

I know but at least you keep it behind my back most days :(

None of the characters I'm really interested in seem to be involved with the JLA/Despero. Then again, I'm not sure which characters that entails. Mind giving me a quick list before I decide?

None of the characters I'm really interested in seem to be involved with the JLA/Despero. Then again, I'm not sure which characters that entails. Mind giving me a quick list before I decide?

Superman, Batman, Wondy, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Hal, and Despero. And any 'Earth-2' counterparts of the aforementioned and their mortal enemies. The arc's basically designed as a start for the JLA.

There's also the option of fighting crime or causing chaos on Earth-1 in the absence of those heroes.

Alright. For the people that want a reboot, these are the parameters around what was being planned as a 'Post-Crisis' universe, for when the RPG did eventually reboot. If you guys wanted to go with this, should the 'boot happen immediately, cool. If not, we could figure out something else.

The following was discussed by both myself and Andy C.

* When the game would start, it would be precisely three years into the appearance of some of the major superheroes. Most of the supervillains and minor characters would be free to start from the very beginning. You'd get to choose where to start them off, between their first year and third year.

* Essentially, technology would be the forefront business of the world, as it is today - except moreso. Companies like Kord Industries, WayneTech, and LexCorp would be vying for all the latest tech - including top-tier weapons, leading to many opportunities to be seized by villains major and minor.

* As with this continuity, The Justice Society of America existed prior to the current era of heroism. But unlike this continuity, controversy eventually surrounded the existence of super powered heroes, leading to tensions and the group's eventual disbanding. Such tensions would still exist as debate within the United States Senate, leading to a little opposition to the arrival of figures like Superman, Captain Marvel, and Wonder Woman.

* Gone would be the three character standard. Two characters per player would now be the norm, with strict and necessary provisions put in place on second character applications. This would be in effort to keep focus on one character at a time, and keep activity steady.

* Though this particular point would largely be up for debate, it was also considered at one point that making a new UDC could usher in a more literal sense of the phrase - an ultimization, if you will, of the complete DC. All Vertigo and Wildstorm characters would be allowed for ultimization and integration into the Ultimate DC continuity. Ever wanted to play Morpheus from The Endless? Mr. Majestic? Members of The Authority? Spider Jerusalem? Now would be your chance. The RPG would be allowed to test new boundries and explore new heights with characters usually bound only by editors and copyrights.

* Players would be allowed to fill in the gap of the three years missed with any continuity they'd want, pending approval in their applications. If they wanted to bring something in from the old game to make it new, or wanted to completely turn a character on it's head, their ideas would still be considered. It would be entirely up to you.

* The application process would adopt the tradition of such RPG's as Ultimate Marvel and One Universe, in that multiple players could apply for the same character within a twenty four hour period. Whoever would have the best app, per vote by the GM's, would be approved.

* Players would be encouraged to try drastic new things, should they desired. One of the biggest complaints I ever received was that characters were too similar to the regular DC continuity. That would need to change. Ultimate Comics means new, contemporary. So we would need to show that. Creativity would be a must, for approval.

That's what I have so far. I'll be happy to discuss changes to whatever parameters anyone would be against.

I'll abstain on the voting. If we do follow through with the Crisis, I'll find someone to play. However, it isn't looking that way at the moment. In any event, the new parameters sound good. Truth be told, I don't know that I'll be picking up Harvey Dent just because I don't have very many ideas on how to Ultimize him. Superman, on the other hand...

Oh, and I should probably mention...

BatmanLives.png

Just try it, you vultures. I dare you. :cmad:

Especially under the fair and honest judging by other GMs under the 24-hour rule :yay:

The reality is that when MB puts his heart and soul into an application (like he would with Batman), no one in their right mind would pick any other.

Then I say we appoint GMs that are out of their ****ing minds.

Because he's an effective poster who's clearly got a vested interest in the game?

Well, that... and he's British.

And the British are both charming and deadly.

So he has the job requirements on both accounts.

If a reboot is what it takes to get this thing back up and running then I say let's do it...I do want to keep my two characters.

I'd just assume that nobody'll post rival apps, since letting people keep their characters could prove to be a slippery slope.

That's just me, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"