• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The "Ultimate DC Universe" RPG, Season 3.0: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

EB, if you missed that post about Bluestreak in the OOC thread of TF RPG...I swear to all that is mighty...:cmad:

I agree. It takes more time and effort to run an entire RPG than to write posts regularly. From reading applications, to updating the roster, it's just a lot more stuff to do. And if someone doesn't have time to write posts, I just don't feel it makes sense to have them run the entire game.

This has always been an issue, and the arguments for and against it aren't going to be any different this time. So I'll just say that I agree with Cats.

I agree that the RPG needs someone consistent to run it. I don't necessarily think taking it from MB without his consent it the right way to go, though. Not saying that's what is being suggested, either.

I'm just going to come out and say this, and I know it'll make me feel like an ******* stabbing him in the back, but I don't think it should be MB running a reboot of this RPG. Before you all jump on me and tear me to pieces, let me just say that I think MB has been the best GM that we could've had for a time. While I think that he's really great at the whole thing, it just doesn't seem like he has the time for it anymore. I'm not saying that it should be me who takes up his post, I just think it should be someone who has the time to run it. Ultimate DC is obviously his baby, but in order for it to survive, I think that someone else should take over his reigns.

Eh, it is a touchy subject. This is MB's baby, but so was the OU Canucklehead's baby. And the DCU and MU BNK's. And SW my baby. Eventually it's time to pass the torch, and it usually came in the other RPGs when the original creator disappeared, or became less interested in the game.

This situation is the same thing. Nothing against MB, but I think it's time to pass the torch to a new GM.

I'll totally take MB's place with my encylopedic knowledge of DC.

Now, what the hell is a Green Lantern?

Wait, wait, wait. The Green "_______" aren't related? :confused:

Why isn't Michael Jackson in your rest in peace list, Syn?

Or Billy Mays, for that matter. :(

Why isn't Michael Jackson in your rest in peace list, Syn?

Or Billy Mays, for that matter. :(
The afterlife started putting tabs on how many people I wish to rest in peace. You gotta pay by the soul now.

Michael Jackson should be fine, then. Lord knows he's taken enough innocence.

Green Arrow's...son...'s brother's...Father.

Man that's cold...considering I recall Green Arrow suffering from a case similar to Aquaman a while back. Weren't there like 3 GA's til byrd finally introduced Ollie as him being a 40 yr old archer?

Man that's cold...considering I recall Green Arrow suffering from a case similar to Aquaman a while back. Weren't there like 3 GA's til byrd finally introduced Ollie as him being a 40 yr old archer?
Including MINE which got erased. Now Earth 3 Green Arrow is around here somewhere, floating in limbo wondering, "What the hell am I and where the hell do I go from here?"

After last week...I'm terrified to add more names to my list. :csad:

Wait, wait, wait.

What in the holy f***?!

"It's time to pass the torch"? "If MB can't make time to make posts, he shouldn't be running the RPG"? "Why isn't Batman available? There hasn't been a post since May"?

Uh, yeah. There has. And it was made less than a month ago - infact, it was one of the last posts made in the RPG.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=17026796&postcount=549

And I know, it doesn't look like it. But that's the next part of Batman's story. It is a Batman post, as far as I'm concerned, given I played around with his prescence the entire time in order to cause Devilman's increasing paranoia.

Now, I get that people are panicked that this RPG's going down, fast. But I'm not giving up my position just because it seems I've abandoned the thing. The fact is, I haven't. Infact, it's anything but. I've been working behind the scenes on this Crisis thing for months, now, with Andy and Byrd and all the rest who're involved. This RPG is the one I care about the most - I created it, I helped thrive it on, and I've been trying to get it back from day one. My work towards the Crisis arc has been trying to culminate that.

I'm not saying it hasn't stalled or even failed, but calling for my impeachment is a bit harsh. And frankly, insulting. I've not dropped any involvement with the game, and I'm not going to anytime soon.

Last edited:
... Wow, we actually did it.

We finally pissed off MB.

The fact still remains that, for the month of June, there were all of five posts in the IC thread. For the entire month of June. You espouse your love for the game, you have dedicated yourself to it, honored it, worked tirelessly to help it do well. And, yet, it is failing. There is no denying that. Yet, work, tireless planning, and dedication can only go so far. Despite what you may think, MB, you are not the only person who cares about this game, that much ought to be evident. There are people who want deeply for the game to flourish, to do well. You want to see that happen too, of that I am sure. Planning, "behind the scenes" work, and hope about bringing about a big arc can only go so far.

Surely, you cannot reconcile in your heart and in your mind, acting insulted when it's perfectly evident that all anyone wants is what's best for the game. Is that not the same goal for which everyone strives?

The fact still remains that, for the month of June, there were all of five posts in the IC thread. For the entire month of June. You espouse your love for the game, you have dedicated yourself to it, honored it, worked tirelessly to help it do well. And, yet, it is failing. There is no denying that. Yet, work, tireless planning, and dedication can only go so far. Despite what you may think, MB, you are not the only person who cares about this game, that much ought to be evident. There are people who want deeply for the game to flourish, to do well. You want to see that happen too, of that I am sure. Planning, "behind the scenes" work, and hope about bringing about a big arc can only go so far.

Surely, you cannot reconcile in your heart and in your mind, acting insulted when it's perfectly evident that all anyone wants is what's best for the game. Is that not the same goal for which everyone strives?

It is. And I'm sorry for the insulted comment. I meant no attack on anyone... I guess I just lost my temper whenever I saw people wanting me to not be involved with the reboot of this RPG, an RPG I love. I get the logistics behind it, don't get me wrong, but I just wanted to make it clear that I hadn't 'gave up' on the RPG - that it was the opposite of the fact. It came out a lot more angry than I intended, and for that, I again apologize.

And to be honest, I do understand that pushing for this JLA arc to finish out may very well doom the game itself. I've had similar worries for some time now, but due to my loyalties to the parties involved, I've said nothing and tried to keep it going myself - even going as far as to pick up Hal Jordan. But it's still my fault, as GM, for not acting. Since majority does rule, in my eyes, and there are enough level-headed players in these games to help make decisions like this, I want to take a step in the right direction rather than the wrong one.

So, I want to call a vote. Who thinks the thing should be rebooted immediately, and who thinks Crisis should happen first?

It is. And I'm sorry for the insulted comment. I meant no attack on anyone... I guess I just lost my temper whenever I saw people wanting me to not be involved with the reboot of this RPG, an RPG I love. I get the logistics behind it, don't get me wrong, but I just wanted to make it clear that I hadn't 'gave up' on the RPG - that it was the opposite of the fact. It came out a lot more angry than I intended, and for that, I again apologize.

And to be honest, I do understand that pushing for this JLA arc to finish out may very well doom the game itself. I've had similar worries for some time now, but due to my loyalties to the parties involved, I've said nothing and tried to keep it going myself - even going as far as to pick up Hal Jordan. But it's still my fault, as GM, for not acting. Since majority does rule, in my eyes, and there are enough level-headed players in these games to help make decisions like this, I want to take a step in the right direction rather than the wrong one.

So, I want to call a vote. Who thinks the thing should be rebooted immediately, and who thinks Crisis should happen first?
I think I speak for everyone when I say that we all want you involved.

I understand the players who have invested the most time and effort to try and give the game a proper finish before going onto the reboot. But still, when we talked, MB, all that time ago I told you my opinion was that I would have liked the reboot to start then and there. But the decision was to have the Crisis finish, and I respected that. But now, however, it's been quite a few months and the end is still quite far off, from what I understand.

So my honest vote is that the reboot takes place now.

Having no stake in the current RPG and its story I obviously vote Reboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"