• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The "Ultimate DC Universe" RPG: Season 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC: I hope you don’t mind the slight bunny Andy C, just something that came to my mind in breaking the trio out.

General Zod, sat down in his permanent cage, miles away from his home planet, sitting there his mindset has not changed one as his body was ageless, an inhumane thing to do, yes. But it gave prisoners a bit of human rights and dignity; pacing himself around the room Ursa sat down on the floor starring at him while Non-worked eagerly to find any trace of defeating the fortress.

[FONT=&quot]“Anything yet?’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Not yet, General it’s incredibly difficult to find any data on this jail, no matter how much I try it keeps failing!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
“Oh just except it Dru-Zod, we’ll never leave the prison, it’s beyond any bodies capacity. This was given complete protection from Krypton, in the event of any major event threaten the planet, the Phantom Zone will still hold, do you honestly think we can beat this thing?”

Zod looked at Ursa, the two of them have rarely questioned his judgment, up until what feels like 6 months ago, they were more level headed and more questing of his intentions.

“Do you honestly think, that I’m going to stand here, and give up? You of all people should want to break that rat, Jor-El!”

“Yes, but how do you think we have a chance, Rao’s shake, Dru Zod, it’s been almost 20 years since they banished us to this, hell!”

“You think I’m not aware of that, we don’t have a choice, for all we know there could be more people in the Phantom Zone, many, many more that we know nothing about! They would want revenge, just like we do! A rebellion on Krypton, enough power we could over rule the council, and it will be for our taking!”

“Oh, every day for the past years you have said this, it won’t happen. You know that, I know that, Non knows it as well, the only way one of us will get out is if we die! And even then I’m not even sure we can get out of here!”

All of a sudden, Non saw something that caught his eye, for the 20 years the three had been here, this had never crossed his mind.

“What is it Non?”

Walking over there, his interest on something on the floor, he bent down to what appeared to be nothing but just the floor, like every part of the building, touching it, all of a sudden, data appeared all over the white room, and the first time in 20 years, the three had seen something that didn’t feel like a prison.

[FONT=&quot]“Brainiac on-lin…e…..los----ing….trans…mission……..de-activating….Phantom…..Zo…ne…………..”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
The three of them were stunned, looking at one another, soon the lights of the building shut down, and they starred at the door way. [FONT=&quot]“Be careful.” [/FONT]Zod said, [FONT=&quot]“We don’t know what it’s planning!”[/FONT]
The three opened the door towards the main door of the prison, much bigger then they expected, but a lot more empty for such a prison.

‘HELLO!”

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Zod screamed, echoing he heard nothing but that, even waiting for two minutes for a response, the three marched forward, before the silent areas of the Phantom Zone, walking slowly towards anything they could find, the area was hard for any of them to know what was going on.

Soon, they came to a part of the prison that said Space Port. With all of them calm enough, they walked slowly to the area, it looked like it had not been taking cared of in years and every part of it was hanging by a thread. Soon they came across a survivor, a man sitting down in tattered cloths, holding a machine gun in his hands.

Zod walked up towards him, right in front of him, the man scarred almost screaming pointed the gun out before Zod grabbed it and swung it away from his hands and pulled him by his shoulders.

[FONT=&quot]“What’s going on!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
“I…I don’t know! HONEST!”

Zod picked up the machine gun, [FONT=&quot]“Where are the ships?”

[/FONT]
”What!?” the man said confused, why would anyone want to go anywhere with the ships, it was a suicide mission.

[FONT=&quot]“You heard me! I’m going to count to three, …….one……………..two………”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
“OKAY OKAY! THEY’RE IN THAT ROOM, THERE’S ONLY ONE LEFT!”

[FONT=&quot]“Thank you!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
“…..Wait, you have to be warned about the…”

[FONT=&quot]“Ursa, you do the honours!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
“WAIT, YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU-“

BANG!

Ursa shot the man whit the machine gun she just picked up, the three soldiers rushed to the space ship, seeing one of the ships available, ready to hop on to and take off.

[FONT=&quot]“Okay, let’s go Non, you think you can get us to Krypton and back?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Yes, most likely.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Good, now let’s not waste any time!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
The three rushed into towards the ship, in a matter of minutes, 20 years of enslaver had vanished, and the thought that occurred to them had yet to sink in, Zod’s mind so entrapped with killing Jor-El did not have enough time to think and so they headed off, taking off from the station and flew, straight to Krypton.

As the three flew, not a word was said into the whole journey to their home planet, and soon they were reaching the atmosphere, which had not yet surfaced.

[FONT=&quot]“Hmm.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Non said, worried.

[FONT=&quot]“What is it?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Nothing, it’s just that we should be able to see Krypton by now.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]‘Ursa are you picking up any readings?”

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Negative, it seems to be isolated.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
All of a sudden, a big THUNK sound racketeered the ship, shaking it violently, the three grabbed on to their seats as they tried to figure out what had happened, Zod sat there, confused.

[FONT=&quot]“What the hell is going ON!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“No…….this can’t be!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“What is it Non?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I’m picking up readings of Kryptonite, everywhere, no….this can only mean one thing!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“WHAT!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
It took a moment for Non to express the emotions he was saying, but finally it came through.

[FONT=&quot]“Krypton………has been destroyed!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
The news, shocked everyone, Zod sat down on his chair, putting his hand on his head looking up to the space near by, and the countless remains of his home planet, all gone with nothing left to be said.

The shock, no this couldn’t be happening, a planet just can’t disappear like that, what the hell was happening! Jor- El was right, how could this happen! All his dreams, vanquished, his entire species gone within a second, no hope of gaining any knowledge, revenge….nothing.

Until suddenly, without warning, Brainiac came up once again.

[FONT=&quot]“Kal……….El…………….a…nother…….pl………plane………t…………………ye…….llow……sun!…………last………………[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]mess………….[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot].age……….re……….[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ceived………of Jor………El………….accessing……………………….”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
The three watched urgently as the transmission came to them, and watched in surprised, awaiting for it to come up.

[FONT=&quot]“Hello, my name is Jor-El, I was a former member of the Kryptonian council, before the destruction of the planet, I had sent out two messages, one to my child, Kal-El. And another to any surviving Kryptonians out there, please if you are there wondering space and in near death, go to this planet, Earth. It is safe, but quite far away almost 50 light years. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The planet is just like Krypton, only half the size, and with a yellow sun and with that allows us to have much further advanced stages above the people on the planet, please I beg any of you who gain this transmission, no matter how unlikely to please, go to Earth, and find my son……..thank you.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
The transmission was over, as Zod’s hope was once again sparked the three looked at each other, in hope.

[FONT=&quot]“What are your orders, General?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Set course…………..for Earth!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

brucewaynebannerdm6.gif

I remain silent, following her suggestion.

To have to apologize for suceeding in saving someone's life is one thing. But to pay it off with a meal is... quite another dillema in and of itself, of which I can't even grasp. Then again, I can't rightly imagine putting such value into material posessions such as a coat... I've had everything I could ever want since I was a boy. It's what I've needed that's escaped my grap. Justice for Gotham's citizens... order to an unkempt society...

Parents...

Perhaps the jacket really did mean more to her than I could imagine. Or, quite honestly, she's simply that shallow of a person. But either way, regardless, I can't imagine a possible excuse to back out. She knows I have the money, I wouldn't feel justified in telling her I haven't the time given the daylight...

Damn it.

"Um... sure. I guess that seems fair, when you put it that way,", I respond, offering her a hand. "Where would you want to go? My valet knows of some of the best places in town, if you need a second opinion."

“Anywhere. Anywhere but Doyle’s,” she said, pulling her hair from the bun she had put it in. Letting her blonde locks fall in front of her face, she took of her black three inch heels. Her feet were killing her. Her coat was all she was worried about now. The fact that she had almost been killed was not even a thought in her mind. Had this been a few years ago, when she was a broke college student, the situation would have been entirely different. Material things didn’t matter to her back then. She was out to save the world and help those who were in need. Why did her morals change? Was it all her success or the environment she put herself in?

With her ruined coat in hand, she stared at Bruce as he talked to his chauffeur. He was a sight for sore eyes. His perfectly groomed ebony hair complemented his flawless smile. Harleen was sure she had never witnessed such remarkable beauty before. She envied it.

“Where’s the car?”

The days here numbered. They don’t know what’s about to hit them and that’s the way I like to operate. I sit in the sky silently laughing to myself because they never look up. Tiny ants going about their daily lives on the ground without even a wonder of what may be lurking above, constantly looking forward on the ground suspecting no danger. What is it they say? That only happens to the other guy…

The Sentries have provided me with much needed intel about the target. I know when to strike, the window is nearly upon me. I silently lower myself behind the tool shed in the middle of the complex. I used my own uplinks to control the cameras days ago. With a mental command they move to hide my passing.

The guard is nearly upon me. I step out. He sees the “S”. It is the last thing he ever sees as I burnout his retinas with the lasers from my own. “I’m not him,”
I say as I walk calmly to my destination, "he would have asked…”

These feeble people call themselves "soldiers" yet none of the have the common sense to realise that I am not Superman.

twofacebannerzf1.gif

Kill him.
No.
Shoot him. Make him suffer.
That's not apart of who I am. Even if you're apart of me, now.
Save me that jurisdictual crap, you swine, and kill him.
No. You had your chance, and it was a disaster. The coin spoke. It chose me.
It chose poorly, then.
Perhaps. But it's not in your hands. Are you really so vain as to cheat fate? As to cheat everything we stand for, now?
Sionis is nothing. And you know it.
That's where your wrong. Sionis, as painful as it is to admit, is our way into the underworld. And without them...
We can't bring the city to it's knees.
Precisely. Sinois lives.
For now...
If fate decides.

The door swung open to the inside of Roman Sionis', aka The Black Mask's, office room. Draped in shadow, the crimeboss could make out an intruder immediately. Reaching for his gun, Black Mask was interrupted by the clicking of another. The attacker had one, aswell, and it was trained straight towards Roman's chest. Black Mask had no choice. It was either a lucky shot in the intruder, or a dead one in him. The gun dropped to the floor, as the intruder seemed to smile.

"Glad we could negotiate, Roman.", The intruder finally stated, placing his weapon back into the pocket of his jacket. "You're a very hard man to track down, you know."

Black Mask was silent. But angry, the intruder could tell. With a chuckle, the intruder reached over, towards the lightswitch of the room.

"Oh, silly me. Where are my manners? Allow me to introduce... ourself, as it were."

With the flick of the switch, Roman Sionis was witness to one of the most gruesome sights he had probably ever seen. Along the walls, dozens of his men layed dead. Bloodied, strangled, and curiously enough, frozen in place. The attacker that now sat in his chair smiled even wider, as a silver dollar coin flipped into the air, and landed once more.

"What's the matter, Black Mask?", He asked.

UltBatmanLogo-1.jpg

"You look like you're seeing double."

twofacebannerzf1.gif

Kill him.
No.
Shoot him. Make him suffer.
That's not apart of who I am. Even if you're apart of me, now.
Save me that jurisdictual crap, you swine, and kill him.
No. You had your chance, and it was a disaster. The coin spoke. It chose me.
It chose poorly, then.
Perhaps. But it's not in your hands. Are you really so vain as to cheat fate? As to cheat everything we stand for, now?
Sionis is nothing. And you know it.
That's where your wrong. Sionis, as painful as it is to admit, is our way into the underworld. And without them...
We can't bring the city to it's knees.
Precisely. Sinois lives.
For now...
If fate decides.

The door swung open to the inside of Roman Sionis', aka The Black Mask's, office room. Draped in shadow, the crimeboss could make out an intruder immediately. Reaching for his gun, Black Mask was interrupted by the clicking of another. The attacker had one, aswell, and it was trained straight towards Roman's chest. Black Mask had no choice. It was either a lucky shot in the intruder, or a dead one in him. The gun dropped to the floor, as the intruder seemed to smile.

"Glad we could negotiate, Roman.", The intruder finally stated, placing his weapon back into the pocket of his jacket. "You're a very hard man to track down, you know."

Black Mask was silent. But angry, the intruder could tell. With a chuckle, the intruder reached over, towards the lightswitch of the room.

"Oh, silly me. Where are my manners? Allow me to introduce... ourself, as it were."

With the flick of the switch, Roman Sionis was witness to one of the most gruesome sights he had probably ever seen. Along the walls, dozens of his men layed dead. Bloodied, strangled, and curiously enough, frozen in place. The attacker that now sat in his chair smiled even wider, as a silver dollar coin flipped into the air, and landed once more.

"What's the matter, Black Mask?", He asked.

UltBatmanLogo-1.jpg

"You look like you're seeing double."
"Congratulations, you made a funny!" Black Mask said, inspecting the dead bodies of his men.

"Nice work; I especially like the one who you fed his own intestines. Tasty," he said, a grin plastered on his scarred face.

"So Mr.Dent, what can I do for you? Or have you just come over to kill my people? Cos ya seem to like doing that, what with the entire warehouse you destroyed," he shouted, knocking some papers off of his desk in a rage. He paused looking at Two-Face.

"Hey! You're in my chair! Get out of my chair godammit!" he shouted, jumping up and down on the spot like a spoilt child.

twofacebannerzf1.gif
"So Mr.Dent, what can I do for you? Or have you just come over to kill my people? Cos ya seem to like doing that, what with the entire warehouse you destroyed," he shouted, knocking some papers off of his desk in a rage. He paused looking at Two-Face.

"Hey! You're in my chair! Get out of my chair godammit!" he shouted, jumping up and down on the spot like a spoilt child.

A blast rang out, into the room, following a fall of sawdust between Two-Face and Black Mask. After a moment of silence, it became clear that Harvey had blasted a hole into the ceiling just above them, in order to silence Black Mask's crazed ramblings. Dent and Two-Face's eyes simultaenously lied upon the scarred gangster, as he lowered the weapon to his side, and arose from Sionis' chair, to ensure the focus would not be lost on what Harvey was about to say to the maniac.

"Now that I have your goddamned attention,", Two-Face growled, as Harvey softly smirked. "I can assure you, Mister... Mask, as it were, that your men are quite safe, from here on out. The ones we took down both here and in your manufacturing warehouse provided only one purpose that's already outlived it's use. We wanted to garner your attention."

He could tell that Sionis was lost on Harvey's useage of 'we'. Turning around, Two-Face sneered, and snapped his fingers, once, signifying the prescence of two other beings draped in shadow. Immediately, one glowed a bright blue, as his eyes stared out through crimson lenses. Mr. Freeze stepped forth, his cryogenic weapon trained slightly at Black Mask, incase the gangster was to recieve any... ill-founded ideas. The second being, more slender, stepped forth, but seemed to rise into the air, as the brustle of leaves could be heard coming from the floor. Poison Ivy smirked, widely, her eyes training on Black Mask as if she were seducing him, as she stood atop a tall, moving venus flytrap.

Two-Face stepped back, so that the three individuals were clearly unified.

"This, Sionis... is Gotham City's future.", Harvey explained, with another flip of his coin. "And we want you to be apart of it."

twofacebannerzf1.gif

A blast rang out, into the room, following a fall of sawdust between Two-Face and Black Mask. After a moment of silence, it became clear that Harvey had blasted a hole into the ceiling just above them, in order to silence Black Mask's crazed ramblings. Dent and Two-Face's eyes simultaenously lied upon the scarred gangster, as he lowered the weapon to his side, and arose from Sionis' chair, to ensure the focus would not be lost on what Harvey was about to say to the maniac.

"Now that I have your goddamned attention,", Two-Face growled, as Harvey softly smirked. "I can assure you, Mister... Mask, as it were, that your men are quite safe, from here on out. The ones we took down both here and in your manufacturing warehouse provided only one purpose that's already outlived it's use. We wanted to garner your attention."

He could tell that Sionis was lost on Harvey's useage of 'we'. Turning around, Two-Face sneered, and snapped his fingers, once, signifying the prescence of two other beings draped in shadow. Immediately, one glowed a bright blue, as his eyes stared out through crimson lenses. Mr. Freeze stepped forth, his cryogenic weapon trained slightly at Black Mask, incase the gangster was to recieve any... ill-founded ideas. The second being, more slender, stepped forth, but seemed to rise into the air, as the brustle of leaves could be heard coming from the floor. Poison Ivy smirked, widely, her eyes training on Black Mask as if she were seducing him, as she stood atop a tall, moving venus flytrap.

Two-Face stepped back, so that the three individuals were clearly unified.

"This, Sionis... is Gotham City's future.", Harvey explained, with another flip of his coin. "And we want you to be apart of it."
"Okaaay, what happened to the Invisible Man, couldn't he make it? By the way, nice look you got going on there Red. What you got a plant fetish? Yeah that sounds like Gotham City...or at the very least the red light district. So what do you want? Money? Men?" Black Mask said, watching the ice-man carefully, and putting his hand on the serrated buck-knife inside his jacket pocket.

brucewaynebannerdm6.gif

Alfred promptly comes running around the corner, just as the woman and I are about to depart down the alleyway, towards the limosiene. He's nearly out of breath by the time he reaches us. But looking up, he sees that my attention is focused elsewhere.

"Master Bruce! Thanks heavens,", He breathes, as I try to make sure he doesn't lose his balance. "Are you alright?"

I smirk, and lightly punch his shoulder, as apart of 'the act'. He soon gets it, and nods, slightly.

"Never better, Al.", I greet, throwing my arm around his shoulder. "But, listen. It seems we're gonna have to change our plans for the afternoon. See, there's this rather gorgeous woman I just met, and she seems to be quite starved. Let's see what we can do to fix that, okay?"

I turn around, drawing Alfred away from the woman's hearing range. He looks up at me, quite perplexed. If only I could say I was any more enlightened to my current predicament than he was.

"I'll assume this was a decision made unhastily,", He whispers, as I shoot him a look of discomfort, in response.

"You have no idea,", I whisper back. "Just take us somewhere. Anywhere, it doesn't matter. With any luck, I'll have her bored within minutes of the meal."

Alfred smirks. "Quite the romantic, are we, sir?"

I shoot him another look, as the woman catches up to us.

With her ruined coat in hand, she stared at Bruce as he talked to his chauffeur. He was a sight for sore eyes. His perfectly groomed ebony hair complemented his flawless smile. Harleen was sure she had never witnessed such remarkable beauty before. She envied it.

“Where’s the car?”

Alfred smiles, politely. "This way, Ma'daam. It shant be a long walk."

As he helps her with her ruined coat and purse, assuring her that I'll be more than happy to cover the expenses of the meal, I stay behind, just out of their attentive range. My mind is going back and forth between this, and the woman, who's beauty caught me off guard with the removal of the glasses. I can't help but wonder if I've seen her before, somewhere. Not formally, of course, and I don't believe we've met under more... immediate conditions, during one of my nightly patrols, but the face does ring a bell.

I'll have Alfred do a search, once I've gotten her name, through the Batcomputer's uplink to the car's navigation systems. With any luck, she'll come up through either a media headline, a graduate diploma, or a criminal record. A tad paranoid, I admit, but I don't want to take any chances. I have to know who I'm dealing with, before I decide to take this bizarre set of circumstances lightly.

Even as this occurs, however, my mind goes elsewhere, as we come around the curb. Even with The Joker off the streets, as of last night, there's still the threat that Harvey Dent presents. Whatever he's up to, it can't be underestimated. Especially if he really is recruiting the people Gordon mentioned in his case file.

I have to wait. Sundown isn't for another few hours, and my guise remains uneffective otherwise. In the meantime...

"Mr. Wayne, your private table is waiting."

I nod, and throw on and grin, as Ms. Quinzell and I make our way through the restraunt's main gala room. There are multiple whispers from the crowd already seated inside, as they quickly notice my face. A cursed attribute, in a way, but I do owe the lunch solely to that, in an ironic gesture. Usually, it takes weeks to order a reservation for this place. But it's astounding how fast the curtious reputation of the Wayne family can change something like that.

Truth be told, it almost sickens me, in a way, that I must resort to abusing my parents' names for personal gain. But as Alfred once told me "so goes the way of the Wayne legacy, better behind a mask of a fearsome bat than that of disexistence."

We make it to our table, minutes later, under an immense skylight. The waiter nods, and leaves us, as I turn, and immediately pull a seat out for her. "I hope this isn't too much, Ms. Quinzell. I tend to... ah, attract more attention than I can handle, sometimes.

twofacebannerzf1.gif
"Okaaay, what happened to the Invisible Man, couldn't he make it? By the way, nice look you got going on there Red. What you got a plant fetish? Yeah that sounds like Gotham City...or at the very least the red light district. So what do you want? Money? Men?" Black Mask said, watching the ice-man carefully, and putting his hand on the serrated buck-knife inside his jacket pocket.

Freeze seems to take offense to the heated comment, as his eyebrow raises, aswell as his weapon, it's target light deadly centered upon Black Mask's chest. An instant heartstop, Victor knew, if the ice reached through Sionis' chest cavity. And he was more than willing to test those odds.

"An Unwise Choice Of Words, Black Mask.", Freeze's icy barritone spouted, as his finger rested upon the trigger. "Let Us See How Quickly One Can Be Rendered Into-"

"Shut up, Victor. Nobody cares.", Two-Face ordered, hatefully. "Now put your goddamn icemaker away before you hurt someone."

Freeze turned to Dent, angrily considering aiming the weapon at someone else, now. But he knew then, naturally, he'd never get the earnings that Harvey's plan promised to reward. With a heavy sigh, Victor retracted the weapon, as Dent straightened his tie.

"I apologize for my... associates,", Harvey stated, with a stern glare towards them. "They're not exactly the most trusting people on the planet. And understandably so. Which brings me to why we're here..."

Harvey turned back to Sionis, catching his coin as it fell from the air above.

"Though all of us may have our differences, we've shared a common of enemies in the past year... ever since our 'transformations', as the so-called normal society would put it.", Dent continued, an immistakable passion filling his cracked and hoarsed voice. "The police. The blind followers of the law. They've held this city in their pockets for years, outlawing people like us while they enjoy the pleasures and rewards that are usually sought in desperation by our kind. Even when I was District Attorney, I knew of this corruption fully well. But the police are nothing. They can be wiped clean within a matter of relative time. No, our real problem..."

Reaching into his jacket's pocket, Harvey produces a piece of paper, with a distinct logo printed upon it, as he hands it to Black Mask.

batsign.gif

"...is him."

twofacebannerzf1.gif

Freeze seems to take offense to the heated comment, as his eyebrow raises, aswell as his weapon, it's target light deadly centered upon Black Mask's chest. An instant heartstop, Victor knew, if the ice reached through Sionis' chest cavity. And he was more than willing to test those odds.

"An Unwise Choice Of Words, Black Mask.", Freeze's icy barritone spouted, as his finger rested upon the trigger. "Let Us See How Quickly One Can Be Rendered Into-"

"Shut up, Victor. Nobody cares.", Two-Face ordered, hatefully. "Now put your goddamn icemaker away before you hurt someone."

Freeze turned to Dent, angrily considering aiming the weapon at someone else, now. But he knew then, naturally, he'd never get the earnings that Harvey's plan promised to reward. With a heavy sigh, Victor retracted the weapon, as Dent straightened his tie.

"I apologize for my... associates,", Harvey stated, with a stern glare towards them. "They're not exactly the most trusting people on the planet. And understandably so. Which brings me to why we're here..."

Harvey turned back to Sionis, catching his coin as it fell from the air above.

"Though all of us may have our differences, we've shared a common of enemies in the past year... ever since our 'transformations', as the so-called normal society would put it.", Dent continued, an immistakable passion filling his cracked and hoarsed voice. "The police. The blind followers of the law. They've held this city in their pockets for years, outlawing people like us while they enjoy the pleasures and rewards that are usually sought in desperation by our kind. Even when I was District Attorney, I knew of this corruption fully well. But the police are nothing. They can be wiped clean within a matter of relative time. No, our real problem..."

Reaching into his jacket's pocket, Harvey produces a piece of paper, with a distinct logo printed upon it, as he hands it to Black Mask.

batsign.gif

"...is him."
"The Bat? You're going to try and take down the Bat? You're crazier than I am!! I like that...so you want me to help you kill Batman? But no...that would take away from your manhood wouldn't it. So you want me to make a distraction so YOU can kill the Batman..." he pondered, recieving blank stares from the three rogues "What? My pappy was a psychiatrist, it's in the blood. Ok, I'll help you, just for s**ts and giggles. It's getting a little dull around here anyway. Just tell me what I need to do," he said, holding his hand out to shake Dents.

Ultimate
HUNTRESS

****. He's got a laser-monacle. Oh well...Better make the best of it...

C'mon Monacle. Try to hit me.

"Stand still!" He yells as he desperately tries to use his monacle's blasts to hit me. I easily and swiftly dodge each attack. But i couldn't dodge him all day. I needed a strategy, so I quickly took refuge in another large area of the warehouse filled with boxes. Hiding behind them. I heard him enter the room, but he couldn't find me.

"So, Huntress..." He starts as he tries to locate me, but I'm silently moving from place to place unseen.

"...Why is it you try to take down crooks like me? Fame? Vengeance? Jealousy? Hatred?"

I want to respond, but I have to stay quiet to remain hidden.

"Are you trying to save the city? Or are you doing a bad imitation of the Bat?"

I was growing more pissed by the minute. I don't even know the Batman. I'm my own person.

"Or are you just a scared little girl trying to prove she's someone that she's not?"

That was it. That's the final nail in his coffin. I pull out my crossbow and taunt him before showing myself.

"Why I fight my battles..." i say before quickly getting up and shooting him in the arm with an arrow, pinning him against the wall as he screamed and blood flowed from his bicep.

"...Is none of your business!" I finished as the monacle fell off and I gave him one last punch. I'll let him stand there bleeding so the cops can get him, that is...

...if he doesn't bleed to death first.

Here I am again, perched on a gargoyle amongst the Gotham skyline, looking over it like a bird as the sky turned crimson from the dawn. Waiting. Can this city be salvaged? Who knows...

"At least it's a brand new day..."

151809-huntress_400.jpg

gordonop9.png

I pull out a fresh cigarette and light up. All the members of "The Untouchables", save Renee Montoya sit in front of me as I stand next to a projector. We're all in a small motel room. We meet like cheating spouses, far away from prying eyes.

"As you can see, this warehouse is where Zucco does all his trafficking. From guns, to drugs, to even human beings."

Jason's hand shoots up and I point at him.

"Yeah?"

"Where are you getting this stuff from, cap?"

"I have an officer inside the Zucco crime family. Deep undercover, I'm the only one in the Gotham PD that knows that our officer is undercover. I'm in constant contact with him. If he says it, I'm going to believe it."

Montoya opens the door and walks in.

"Sorry I'm late, I had to drop my kid off at his dad's house. Marcus is gonna keep him this weekend."

"I still can't believe you and Driver were actually married...and had a child together."

She shrugs her shoulders as she sits next to Corrigan.

"What can I say? He's good in the sack."

"Thanks for the info, Renee. Now, back to the warehouse. I want to try and monitor the building at all times. I want to catch Zucco there. The only way he'll go to jail is if we catch him red handed. I want to bring this bastard down. Bring him down hard."

I take a deep drag off my cigarette and blow a cloud of smoke out.

"Any questions?"

twofacebannerzf1.gif
"The Bat? You're going to try and take down the Bat? You're crazier than I am!! I like that...so you want me to help you kill Batman? But no...that would take away from your manhood wouldn't it. So you want me to make a distraction so YOU can kill the Batman..." he pondered, recieving blank stares from the three rogues "What? My pappy was a psychiatrist, it's in the blood. Ok, I'll help you, just for s**ts and giggles. It's getting a little dull around here anyway. Just tell me what I need to do," he said, holding his hand out to shake Dents.

Crazier than he is?! That's it... I'm-
Quiet. You'll do no such thing.

Dent allows the coin to fall into his scarred hand, as he begins leaning it between his fingers, ignoring Black Mask's offer of a handshake. But the smile on his face says it all. His little 'group' had expanded. And with Sionis' underworld connections, his case files from the Gotham City courthouse, aswell as Freeze and Ivy's unusual talents... it was only a matter of a time. Soon, the city would fall under their heels. And there wasn't a thing that a cop, a vigilante, or a Bat could do to stop their ascension.

175659-two-face_400.gif

"Oh, for now, you won't have to do a thing, Black Mask.", Harvey assured him. "Simply remember this bargain, tonight, and in time, we'll return to you with the instructions. With your connections, aswell as the plans for the city's main structures that I've aqquired, I have little doubt that you'll be willing to wait."

Dent turned, with a wide smirk, as Freeze and Ivy seemed stunned by the mention of the blueprints that he had... neglected to mention, as apart of their little deal. But they seemed just as pleased as they were surprised.

"Lady and gentlemen, let this be a start to a new day for Gotham City."

With one final flip, Harvey watched as the scarred side of his coin came up into the air.

"A hell of a bad one."

I pull out a fresh cigarette and light up. All the members of "The Untouchables", save Renee Montoya sit in front of me as I stand next to a projector. We're all in a small motel room. We meet like cheating spouses, far away from prying eyes.

"As you can see, this warehouse is where Zucco does all his trafficking. From guns, to drugs, to even human beings."

"Yeah?"

"I have an officer inside the Zucco crime family. Deep undercover, I'm the only one in the Gotham PD that knows that our officer is undercover. I'm in constant contact with him. If he says it, I'm going to believe it."

"Sorry I'm late, I had to drop my kid off at his dad's house. Marcus is gonna keep him this weekend."

"I still can't believe you and Driver were actually married...and had a child together."

"Thanks for the info, Renee. Now, back to the warehouse. I want to try and monitor the building at all times. I want to catch Zucco there. The only way he'll go to jail is if we catch him red handed. I want to bring this bastard down. Bring him down hard."

"Any questions?"
I raise my hand. I still feel like the new kid in his first day of school. The other Untouchables clearly know one another - I'm the odd man out.

"How are we even going to be sure that Zucco will get sloppy enough to actually show at this warehouse?"

I so badly want to tell Gordon about the traitor, but it will have to wait. After all, the traitor is in this very room. I can't afford to blow my cover.

"It's only a matter of time, Grayson. We've been slowly tightening the screws on him, it won't take long before he starts to get desperate, and when he gets desperate, he'll make a mistake. Best believe we'll be there to catch him. Is that it, John? If so, does anyone else have any questions?"

None of them say anything, but I look back at John and take a puff of my smoke.

"Also, I'd like to welcome our two newest members, Detectives John Grayson and Jim Corrigan."

“Yeah I got it, Boss and…”

All of a sudden, the phone hung up, Corrigan shrugged and walked towards his car, getting inside he started the engine and headed home.

Half hour later:

Parking the car outside his and his wife’s home, Jim opened the door of his car and stepped outside, he was tired and needed to rest, he was now working for two people, Gordon and Zucco, guess which one pays more.

Walking towards the door to his house, he silently opened the door, if his wife came down stairs he would say that he didn’t want to wake her up, the truth was he didn’t want to hear her voice.

Going over to the kitchen in the darkness, he sat down on the table he got out some more blow from his pocket and laid it all out on the table, preparing him to go to bed.

Rolling up a ten-dollar bill with the coke in a nice easy to snort line, a voice came back from behind him.

“Why didn’t you call, Jim?”

Turning around he was startled and saw his wife starring at him with a look of anger, “Jesus Christ…”

She looked on the table.

“Is that coke, Jim!?”

“Look, I’ve been having…”

“Jim, you told me you stopped!”

“Hey, it isn’t something you can just quit, like that!”

“Why didn’t you go to rehab them?”

“Because, Jennie, I’m a cop they would have my badge for this!”

“Oh come on! You and I both know that they don’t give a ****, half the people in the force have mugged more people then they’ve helped!”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You heard me Jimmy, you think I believe you were working late again? Your partner Billy was killed last month and you act like you give a ****! Dan hit his first home run five days ago, did you know that? No, you were to busy ****ing your ****es, or buying your blow!”

“What the **** are you saying Jennie?”

“I’m saying, Jim, you’re nothing but a junkie!”

Jim rushed out of the chair and grabbed his wife, and punched her in the face.

SMACK!

“Don’t you dare call me that again!”

“What you ****ing junkie!”

Screaming Jim threw his wife onto the floor and hit her in the face again, “Don’t call me that, again! You’re a **** house wife, I come home from working my ****ing ass off, you have no idea what kind of pressure I am right now, and it’s just beginning!”

“Mommy, Daddy?”

Dan Corrigan stood in the hall way, starring at his beaten mother and angry father, he stared at his son.

“Go back to bed Dan, your sister’s going to get worried!”

Tears started to form in young Dan’s eyes.

“Daddy, what are you doing to MOMMY!”

“DAN GO BACK TO BED!”

“Jim what the hell is wrong with you! Leave him alone.”

“Mommy what’s happening!”

Jim rushed towards his son, “You’re not ****ing listening to me Dan! Go back to bed!”

“NO! LEAVE HIM ALONE!”

Jennie grabbed and clawed her husband, pushing her nails into his skin, tiring to pull him back, he just punched her straight into the nose, and it soon bled as she screamed in pain and depression as she fell straight to the floor, crying.

“See what happens!? See what the **** happens, DAN! GO THE **** BACK TO YOUR ROOM, BEFORE YOU END UP LIKE YOU’RE ****E OF A MOM!”

Dan started crying and fell to the ground, wrapping his hands around his face, Jim slapped his son around the face.

“Do it! You ****ing *****! You’ll never be a man!”

Jim slapped his son in the face again.

”He’s ten times the man you are, JIM!”

His wife said crying, trying to get up he marched towards her,

“Oh yeah, go on, you’re a real tough guy, Jim! Go on, show me what you’ve got cause I don’t care any more; I’ve had enough, Jim! Enough of the drugs, the depression. You never wanted a family; you just ****ed me one time and did it just so your dad wouldn’t look down on you! Your father would have been ashamed to see you like this Jim.”

The words hit him, like a bullet to the stomach.

“You shut the **** up Jennie!”

“Oh go ahead, hit me again, you’ll prove nothing Jim!”

“Oh yeah?”

Jim kicked her in stomach before he headed towards the door of the house, she screamed in pain before she said her next set of words.

“I’M LEAVING YOU JIM! ME AND THE KIDS! WE’LL DO IT, GO TO METROPOLIS, WHERE WE CAN LIVE LIKE HUMAN BEINGS…JIM…YOU HEAR ME!”

Even as he shut the door and went to his car he could still hear her threats as he reversed and headed to a hotel somewhere.

Jim Corrigan GCPD.

Gotham City, the following day:

I wake up in the motel room I must have stayed in last night, my head kills, and checking the time, five ****ing o'clock in the afternoon. Man, that's ****ing late, laying down on the bed I stretch out my arms and my legs, getting up.

Scratching my ass in these filthy cloths, I give it to Jenny, she may be a bad ****er, but she does do two things right. One, good head. Two, always cleans everything.

I take the cloths off and head for the shower, as I look into it it occurs to me how much I need the gym more often, getting a bit of a belly there Jim. Ignoring it, I head into the shower and wash my self, the water's cold, just what I need.

After a while I get changed, same cloths as last night, can't go home to that ****ing ****e, and Billy's going to hate me for life, eh, if he's going to be a ***, **** him!

My cellphone rings out of no where, getting it out I notice a number I've never ever seen.

"Hello?"

"Hi, are your Corrigan?"

"Yeah, who the **** are you?"

"Detective Maggie Sawyer, I believe we have met before?"

"Oh yeah, what's going on?"

"Gordon's wants to meet in a motel down South, near 153rd street, come alone to room 27."

"Mind telling me what time, sweet?"

"Don't call me that! Eleven o'clock."

She hangs up, knowing that I was going to call her Sweet again. Haha, chicks as cops, they just don't mix.

I spent the rest of the day recovering from a killer hang over, must have mixed the cock with booze because I threw up about nine times. I ate very little just some pizza, usually about this time I'd be getting the usual treatment down the Iceberg, but tonight, Zucco's going to love me for this.

I park my car near the motel, locking the doors I shoot up the stairs, I knock on the door, and quietly come in, the lights are turned off and a presentation's started.

gordonop9.png

"Yeah?"

"Any questions?"

I raise my hand. I still feel like the new kid in his first day of school. The other Untouchables clearly know one another - I'm the odd man out.

"How are we even going to be sure that Zucco will get sloppy enough to actually show at this warehouse?"

I so badly want to tell Gordon about the traitor, but it will have to wait. After all, the traitor is in this very room. I can't afford to blow my cover.

Starring at that guy, man, he looks like a ****! Makes me laugh, the whole time he's been keeping his eye on everyone, mostly me.

"It's only a matter of time, Grayson. We've been slowly tightening the screws on him, it won't take long before he starts to get desperate, and when he gets desperate, he'll make a mistake. Best believe we'll be there to catch him. Is that it, John? If so, does anyone else have any questions?"

None of them say anything, but I look back at John and take a puff of my smoke.

"Also, I'd like to welcome our two newest members, Detectives John Grayson and Jim Corrigan."

Giving a simple wave to everyone they give me and this Grayson guy a small handshake and wave, except Sawyer, who looks at me as if I'm some rat.

Well, that's not entirely a lie.

"Thanks Jim!"

I give a small smirk to him and to the Grayson prick, soon I turn my attention to Detective Montya, she seems like a doll.

Soon, Gordon's beaming voice beams through and have to put my attention back on him.

"Thank you for joining us, John and Jim. With your connections in the department and your expertise, you two will be very vaulable assests to our mission."

I finish off my cigarette and put it out in a nearby ashtray.

"Alright. I think that's all I have for now. Montoya, O'Hara? Since you two are off tonight, you get to be the first two to take the honor of the stakeout."

"Sure thing, Jim."

"Thank ya, boyo. I get to spend some quality time in a parked car with a sexy Puerto Rican, Jesus does love me."

"Cram it, Clancy."

"Oh, yer a firey one. I like that."

I quietly smile as the other cops start to filter out of the room. After a moment, John Grayson and Maggie are the only two in the room.

"John?...What's wrong?"

"Thank you for joining us, John and Jim. With your connections in the department and your expertise, you two will be very vaulable assests to our mission."

I finish off my cigarette and put it out in a nearby ashtray.

"Alright. I think that's all I have for now. Montoya, O'Hara? Since you two are off tonight, you get to be the first two to take the honor of the stakeout."

"Sure thing, Jim."

"Thank ya, boyo. I get to spend some quality time in a parked car with a sexy Puerto Rican, Jesus does love me."

"Cram it, Clancy."

"Oh, yer a firey one. I like that."

I quietly smile as the other cops start to filter out of the room. After a moment, John Grayson and Maggie are the only two in the room.

"John?...What's wrong?"
I check over my shoulder to make sure that the room is clear. Maggie's still here, but - frankly - I trust her. Maybe I shouldn't - it could be my downfall. But if she's good enough for Gordon, she's good enough for me.

"When I was out patrolling, I came across some information," I explain. Jim just stares at me in puzzlement.

I lean in closer - still very paranoid about all of this.

"Someone in this group is not who they claim to be," I state grimly.

I check over my shoulder to make sure that the room is clear. Maggie's still here, but - frankly - I trust her. Maybe I shouldn't - it could be my downfall. But if she's good enough for Gordon, she's good enough for me.

"When I was out patrolling, I came across some information," I explain. Jim just stares at me in puzzlement.

I lean in closer - still very paranoid about all of this.

"Someone in this group is not who they claim to be," I state grimly.

I calmly open up my pack of smokes and find a single cigarette, I light it up and inhale deeply.

"If you're saying what I think you're saying, John. How accurate is this information? Can you give up your source?"

I calmly open up my pack of smokes and find a single cigarette, I light it up and inhale deeply.

"If you're saying what I think you're saying, John. How accurate is this information? Can you give up your source?"
"I can't guarantee its accuracy, but this came from one of Zucco's boys."

I realize I don't have a strong case, but this guy wasn't kidding around. And even if he was, it wouldn't hurt to be a little more careful. A spy within the group could be disastrous.

"Look, you don't really have to believe me right now," I begin, "But I urge you just to keep an open eye."

If I'm right about this, and if we catch this guy, I could earn Gordon's trust.

"I can't guarantee its accuracy, but this came from one of Zucco's boys."

I realize I don't have a strong case, but this guy wasn't kidding around. And even if he was, it wouldn't hurt to be a little more careful. A spy within the group could be disastrous.

"Look, you don't really have to believe me right now," I begin, "But I urge you just to keep an open eye."

If I'm right about this, and if we catch this guy, I could earn Gordon's trust.

"You're right. I know this group has a rat in it, my man on the inside informed me a few days ago. I want you to keep your eyes open as well, because even though this is a group of honest cops. The only one person I can really trust is standing over there."

I look towards Maggie.

"But since you've brought this information to me...I think I can trust you. You don't know this, John. But I've followed your career pretty closely. I've read up on you, I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I also know about your son, you know I have a daughter about his age. I know how hard it is to live in this city, let alone be a parent. You're a good cop, John. Someone I can trust..."

I puff on my cigarette and look at Maggie.

"Umm, Maggie. I'm going to take Detective Grayson home...I'll see you later."

She cast a suspicous eye towards the two of us as I put on my jacket and hat.

"What's going on, Jim?"

"Nothing, Maggie. Just meet me at the place, same time as always."

John follows me out the room and towards the motel's exit. The rest of the other cops have gone by now. Only mine and Maggie's cars are in the snowy parking lot.

"Hop in."

"You're right. I know this group has a rat in it, my man on the inside informed me a few days ago. I want you to keep your eyes open as well, because even though this is a group of honest cops. The only one person I can really trust is standing over there."

I look towards Maggie.

"But since you've brought this information to me...I think I can trust you. You don't know this, John. But I've followed your career pretty closely. I've read up on you, I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I also know about your son, you know I have a daughter about his age. I know how hard it is to live in this city, let alone be a parent. You're a good cop, John. Someone I can trust..."

I puff on my cigarette and look at Maggie.

"Umm, Maggie. I'm going to take Detective Grayson home...I'll see you later."

She cast a suspicous eye towards the two of us as I put on my jacket and hat.

"What's going on, Jim?"

"Nothing, Maggie. Just meet me at the place, same time as always."

John follows me out the room and towards the motel's exit. The rest of the other cops have gone by now. Only mine and Maggie's cars are in the snowy parking lot.

"Hop in."
Once I've gotten business out of the way, the tension is mostly relieved. I feel like I can just be myself around Jim now. In fact, I'd like to make some small chat - just to know where he's coming from.

"So," I start whilst entering the car, "What is the Untouchable view on The Batman? Friend or foe?"

As I put my seatbelt on, I find myself hoping that Jim trusts Batman. I don't know what it is, but I actually kind of respect the guy - Batman, I mean. As far as I'm concerned, he's fighting to save Gotham.

Once I've gotten business out of the way, the tension is mostly relieved. I feel like I can just be myself around Jim now. In fact, I'd like to make some small chat - just to know where he's coming from.

"So," I start whilst entering the car, "What is the Untouchable view on The Batman? Friend or foe?"

As I put my seatbelt on, I find myself hoping that Jim trusts Batman. I don't know what it is, but I actually kind of respect the guy - Batman, I mean. As far as I'm concerned, he's fighting to save Gotham.

I laugh a little in my mind as I start up the car and leave the parking lot.

"Well, the Untouchables really don't mess with Batman. We like to do things our own way, but I see him as a nessecary evil. He can do things we can't."

We drive in silence for the next few minutes. My car finally comes to a stop next to a run down building.

"I know this isn't your home, but I want to show you something before I take you home."

Grayson eyes me strangely. He might be suspicous.

"Don't worry, John. It's not what you think it is."

I take my service pistol out of it's holster, I even take off my backup tapped to me ankle.

"You can frisk me if you want to, I'm clean."

I laugh a little in my mind as I start up the car and leave the parking lot.

"Well, the Untouchables really don't mess with Batman. We like to do things our own way, but I see him as a nessecary evil. He can do things we can't."

We drive in silence for the next few minutes. My car finally comes to a stop next to a run down building.

"I know this isn't your home, but I want to show you something before I take you home."

Grayson eyes me strangely. He might be suspicous.

"Don't worry, John. It's not what you think it is."

I take my service pistol out of it's holster, I even take off my backup tapped to me ankle.

"You can frisk me if you want to, I'm clean."
"Jim, you've given me no reason not to trust you," I respond calmly. I remove my pistol from its holster on my belt, and I place it on the dashboard.

"Now I will do the same."

I undo my seatbelt and push open the door. I don't know what we're doing, but oddly, I'm not anxious about it.

"Shall we?"

John follows me up a pair of dilapadated steps. It's a short stair climb up to the building's rooftop. The cold night air bites into us as he follows me across the rooftop.

"I brought you here for a reason, John. I have someone I want you to meet. He's a bit shy. This is the only way I can get him to meet me."

I pull the remote out of my pocket and press it. The night sky illuminates all throughout the Gotham skyline as building after building shines a light into the clouds, each of them adding a smaller pit of a giant puzzle piece. A light shines from out rooftop and finishes off the puzzle piece.

18454batman12er3.png

John looks at me a bit slack-jawed and I only smile.

"Now you know how I feel about Batman, John."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back