The Ultimate DC RPG - Season III: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

As I mentioned in the Facebook group, it's... been awhile.

Good to be back.

Please, no. Things in the GL verse started with Ultimate Blackest Night. You see how well the mythos has developed since...

So, yeah. The **** is holding up the Amazo/LoD thing? Or can we just beat that metallic ***** already?

So, yeah. The **** is holding up the Amazo/LoD thing? Or can we just beat that metallic ***** already?

No clue...Atom & Steel left to go and put something together from the supply room. I'm ready to make another post.

That would be me unwittingly resurrecting the curse of the JLA Arc, where we get everyone together and then completely stop posting for weeks.

Fixing that presently.

Been working on a term paper that's due on Wednesday. I'll try to have some Superman stuff up before then, but no guarantees. If you guys want to bunny me until then, please feel free.

Concerning my post with The Atom and her vision of the future

First off I apologize if I didn't get all the fonts (namely Bane's) right.

Secondly...this will all make sense before the Season is over. There are consequences for what has happened to her concerning the EMP...and they will impact her...mainly in the next season.

Trust me her life is about to change forever.

A month and no posts in this thread? Sad Spike is sad.

Anyways, I kinda want to let one of the other heroes get a hit in on Clayface before Superman, since Supes just had a go with that big boulder and I like letting people have their turns as appropriate.

If anyone objects to that little jump forward in time and location, let me know and I can edit accordingly.

With that, I am done with Flash for this season and done with him on the hype altogether?!

And that is it for The Atom...been fun this season. Time to move all the way to the new house.

That'll do it for Robin. Tomorrow I'll have my season-ender for Lex and company.

And that will do it for Luthor. See you all in UDC IV on the new site!

I wasn't really doing much with her all season. I may pick her up again if I can come up with something cool.

Alright, I know the word's been mum on what we're going to be doing when Season IV kicks into effect and that if promises were crackers, my daughter would be fat, but with sincere hope, I'm going to say that this week will mark the end of Season III. For the most part, everyone's done with their characters except for me and Spike, and we'll be going into our planned endgame soon enough.

Now, we have a couple of things to get sorted out before we proceed. First of all, the future of the game, now that everyone's transferring over to the Roleplayer's Guild website. After talking to Byrd, he said that he'll be shutting down the Ultimate DC game he started over there so that we can start Season IV in it's place. So after this current season ends, we'll be moving.

That said, there'll be a pretty drastic change whenever we do move. Everyone will have first crack at their respective characters, of course. Spike will have dibs on Supes and Bane, I'll be returning as Batman, Andy will be Robin and Luthor, Byrd will still have The Flash, MST will still have Atom, and so on and soforth. However, here's the thing. Since we're moving to a new site where we'll be recruiting people who aren't familiar with the three seasons' worth of continuity that we've been building since the game rebooted, we'd be in somewhat of a pickle in terms of allowing others to pick up characters already established.

So for characters who aren't going to be played or used in any major capacity, we're wiping the slate clean. If you want continuity with your characters and their respective interactions, you'll have to provide a detailed account of it whenever you go to re-apply. For instance, there's some pretty substantial history with The Joker. But no one's playing The Joker right now. So my job, as Batman, would be to mention Batman's interactions with Joker and thusly establish what he's been doing aswell as what Batman's been doing. Same goes for all of the major Gotham characters I've encountered, such as Batgirl/Barbara Gordon, Edward Nygma, Catwoman, Ra's Al Ghul, and others.

In another example, Andy's Dick Grayson recently joined The Teen Titans. So Andy would have to mention this in his app, therefore maintaining established continuity for characters like Raven, Wonder Girl, Cyborg, Changeling, and such. Superman, Batman, and Flash would also have to detail their time with The Justice League.

But everyone else who hasn't had any interactions with other characters yet, characters like Hawkman and Aquaman springing to mind, will be allowed to restart from the beginning. Just so that it's not terribly restrictive to newcomers on the new site who'll want to join in on the fun. I don't want to have to deny an application for Zatanna just because she was played for a couple of posts here or force anyone there to look up something on an entirely different forum.

Alright, with that out of the way, there's also the subject of the end of the season montage. Does anyone still want to do that? I've noticed that people have ended their characters pretty definitively in the IC thread, but I thought I'd ask just to make sure.

I'm good with ending my Flash story where I ended it. So, nay from me on the montage.

I wouldn't mind doing the typical Season-ending montage. I always enjoy doing those.

If nobody minds too much, when the new continuity kicks in at the new site, I'm going to do a little tidying up with the Titans, some of whom have doubles.

Since the original Gar hasn't been played in a while, I'm going to edit him out and just have Changeling be Beast Boy to avoid confusion.

Same with the original Starfire, who I had mentioned before was now Blackfire but I haven't actually used in that capacity.

And since the Artemis in this game is the one from Themyscira rather than the one from Young Justice, I'm just gonna have her go off with the Amazons in case anyone over there wants to use the YJ Artemis and we get mixed up with names.

Superman's done for the season and Bane will be done soon too, but I'd be okay with a montage.

I'm more interested in awards right now, like the grubby and opportunistic little bastard I am.

Here you go:

Season III Awards

Spike wins all the ****.

And here they are for serious. I edited it to get rid of some of the categories. Got rid of Best Ultimized Character since we didn't have any new ultimized PCs, for the most part. And I also got rid of WTL for the same reason. If you feel someone is deserving of those categories, though, don't hesitate to put them down.

Best Hero:

Best Villain:

Best Character Development:

Best Solo Arc:

Best Multi-PC Story Arc:

Best Post:

MVP:

Best Hero: The Flash (Byrd Man)
Runners-up: Superman (Spike), Alfred (Batman), the Atom (MST3K)

The Scarlet Speedster's come pretty far from being the immature jokester of the Justice League; Byrd did a great job of expanding his world and fleshing out his character this season. Also, any character that can jump between RPG universes is cool with me (still a damn shame we could never get that UDC/ASM crossover going)

Best Villain: Bane (Spike_x1)
Runners-Up: The Penguin (MST3K), The Joker (Eddie Brock)

Spike's Bane kicks ass. At this point, explaining all the reasons why Spike's Bane kicks ass would just be repetitive, so I'll just say one more time: Spike's Bane kicks ass.

Best Character Development: The Atom (MST3K4Ever)
Runners-Up: The Flash (Byrd Man), Jason Todd (Batman)

The Atom's gone through an awful lot this season, and really grown as a character because of it. Props to MST for being the dependable work-horse he's known for, and for telling some very interesting stories with Rhi.

Best Solo Arc: The Fall of Edward Nygma (Byrd Man)

As bugged as I am that Ultimate Gotham never did get a Riddler and probably never will, Byrd's dismantling of Nygma was fantastic.

Best Multi-PC Story Arc: The Justice League vs. The Legion of Doom

The entire League in a super-powered smackdown with a team of monsters and mass-murderers. What's not to love?

Best Post: Batman Returns

Yeah, it's Jason Todd under the mask, but it was still a great moment.

MVP: Byrd Man.

Because c'mon, it's Byrd Man. The guy who drags us kicking and screaming to our computers to post whether we want to or not. Plus he's actually pretty good at this stuff, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"