Ebay question. Can ANYBODY help me out?

Travesty

Avenger
Reaction score
I bought a 60gb PS3 off of ebay for $280. The package came about 3 weeks after he said he would ship it(kinda mad about that), but when it came, it was in pieces.:cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad:

The product came in a box that was smaller the the actual console, and it came with addiction cables, controller, and games. The games where DESTROYED, the controller was literally in two pieces(not joking), and of course, the system doesn't work. The packaging came with no protective packaging(Bubble wrap, news paper, peanuts, etc). So I messaged the seller, as he said he has a 7 day refund for his product, which I messaged that day. He messaged back with, "not my lose, you should have gotten insurance. what am i supposed to do eat the lose". So, I message a complaint through ebay and paypal. I have a case, and I get a message back form this guy, and he says he will give me $175, but wants the product back. Me being enraged, send him a kinda rude message back saying, you'll give me $200, and I get to keep the product. He wont budge. Should I try to fight, or keep the money? He packaged it EXTREMELY poorly, enough so, that the box was SMALLER then the system itself, let alone the other things within it.

Any suggestions?:huh:

Fight for what's yours. He has legal obligations to send what you paid for.

Ask for a refund, and send your flying mutant monkey slaves after him :up:

Don't do anything rash until you exhaust all of the ebay and paypal means. After this, perhaps seek an attorney. Many will have free consultations where at least you can learn more.

And that is my law-school advice for the day.

Document *everything*. Take photos of the packaging, the console, the damaged controller, etc. There was no way all that was done as a result of shipping. Then keep after eBay....contact their Safe Harbor and tell them in detail what was wrong with the purchase and forward them all of the seller's emails. Hope you can work this out...I've lost money from dead-beat sellers before. After a certain time (like if the seller stalls) there comes a point where eBay won't be able to do anything about it anymore. Do the same procedure with Paypal.

Incidentally, what was the post mark date on the package he sent you? And what was the date you received it? Did it have a tracking/delivery conf. number?

Document *everything*. Take photos of the packaging, the console, the damaged controller, etc. There was no way all that was done as a result of shipping. Then keep after eBay....contact their Safe Harbor and tell them in detail what was wrong with the purchase and forward them all of the seller's emails. Hope you can work this out...I've lost money from dead-beat sellers before. After a certain time (like if the seller stalls) there comes a point where eBay won't be able to do anything about it anymore. Do the same procedure with Paypal.

Incidentally, what was the post mark date on the package he sent you? And what was the date you received it? Did it have a tracking/delivery conf. number?
Thanks for the advice. The thing that pisses me off about this is, I payed for the full product on Dec 21st, then I got an e-mail telling me I should see it within 4-5 days, or the 28th by the latest(due to the holidays). I messaged the seller on the 29th asking about my package, as I never saw a tracking number by him, or have even seen the package itslef. He told me there was a mess up, and it got sent back to him, and that he would send it back on Monday(jan 4th). Well, my package clearly states that he sent it on Jan 8th, and after I saw this, I even contacted USPS to see if this was a reship, and they told me this was the FIRST ship of this package by this mailer!!:cmad:

I don't know what to do? I have photos and dimensions of the box, compared to the PS3 itself, let alone, all the other stuff he sent me, and all without any kind of protection! It was literally a box smaller then the PS3, with some odds and ends, and nothing else. I think I'm gonna cool down tonight, and contact ebay first thing in the morning. This is just embarrassing that he's trying to put the blame on me, when he didn't even try to protect the product at all.

On ebay, open up a complaint. On paypal, do the same.

Insist on a full refund + shipping to return it and leave neg feedback. He gave you crap so send it back. If he wont do a refund then keep with getting both ebay and paypal after him and try and get your money back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"