Election 2020: Voting Numbers Tracking Thread

So how does this work. Are mail-in/early votes counted before, after or concurrently with day-of votes?

I figure Biden's advantage is in the mail-in/early votes whereas day-of will be more Trump-heavy.

Some states count them immediately, I think, while others do it the day of election, and a bunch of others don't start counting until the day after. There's a chart that shows how each state handles them.

So how does this work. Are mail-in/early votes counted before, after or concurrently with day-of votes?

I figure Biden's advantage is in the mail-in/early votes whereas day-of will be more Trump-heavy.

It depends on each state. Florida, North Carolina, Georgia and Ohio are allowed to pre-process and scan absentee ballots prior to Election Day (the NC Elections board says 97% of votes will be counted by tomorrow night). Rust Belt states can't even do that until the morning of Election Day.

The first batch of vote numbers released will be absentee in-person and mail ballots. Then the Election Day votes will come in, so a massive Biden lead by absentee votes will become more competitive once the night rolls on.

Republicans are hoping for a massive turnout tomorrow, which is risky considering how many people have already voted. Especially during COVID.

We never prepare for what we know is coming. they're fully aware of how hard it's going to be to count these mail in ballots yet they will still screw it up

We actually HIT 100 million early votes after elections sites updated their data from yesterday and Sunday.

100,298,838 votes to be exact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"