End of FF2 hint at either Atlantis or Mole-Man (minor spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcatraz

Civilian
Reaction score
at the end of FF2 when reed and sue are finally getting married there is a disturbance where an island is sinking in to the ocean. sinking?...Mole-Man. ocean?...Sub-Mariner.

so who is it?

my friend i saw it with told me that the location said was where atlantis would be located but i forget the details of what they said. can some one whos seen it help me out.

amazing movie by the way.

Since the location said is by water, I'd say Atlantis, thus Namor.

It would be nice if it were Namor but FF is own by 20th century Fox and Universal owns the rights to Namor and they are currently scripting a Sub Mariner film. I can't see it being the Mole man either because sinking an island in the atlantic isn't his m.o. Not unless their doing a cross between the original Mole Man and Ultimate Mole Man. The best scenerio I can think of is something with the Inhumans

It would be nice if it were Namor but FF is own by 20th century Fox and Universal owns the rights to Namor and they are currently scripting a Sub Mariner film. I can't see it being the Mole man either because sinking an island in the atlantic isn't his m.o. Not unless their doing a cross between the original Mole Man and Ultimate Mole Man. The best scenerio I can think of is something with the Inhumans

Yep. Jonathon Mostow (T-3) is helming a Sub-Mariner film. It's been green-lit and in pre-production.

Also, like you said, Fox doesn't own the rights to Namor so it can't be used in a FF movie.

Yep. Jonathon Mostow (T-3) is helming a Sub-Mariner film. It's been green-lit and in pre-production.

Also, like you said, Fox doesn't own the rights to Namor so it can't be used in a FF movie.

Thank God.

Just because they can't do Namor doesn't mean they didn't pay homage to him. That was not what the sequel would be. That was to show how they have finally accepted their role as protectors, and give the fans a cool mention of Namor.

my friend i saw it with told me that the location said was where atlantis would be located but i forget the details of what they said. can some one whos seen it help me out.

Just curious but how does your friend know where Atlantis is located? Nobody knows, that's why it's called the LOST CITY. There are dozens of theorized locations. It has been rumored to be off the coast of Florida, the Sahara desert, Malta, South America, Antarctica, The North Sea, and off the coast of Greece. Those are just a few. Does he know something we don't?

Didn't catch that last night... heard the dialouge... but, then tonight I went, "oh snap! They're referencing Namor!"... So... OH FCK YEAH MAN!!! PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE!!!!

NAMOR1cover-CMYKcrop.jpg

I absolutely loved that recent FF animated episode with Namor. So, if it's anything like that... plus what can be done in movies now a' days (Gungan City)... :wow: :woot:

otohgunga.jpg

And keep in mind that that was years ago!

At the very end of the movie Reed gets a alert on his PDA that Venice Italy is falling into the Adriatic..
When I heard this the first thing I thought was that Namor was at work here, Do you guys think that he is being set up for the next move? Also if not Namor (Story mentioned them not having rights) then Mole man?

Wow, i never thought of that, ya know, now that i think of it, maybe it is namor

Well when something is falling into the sea I usually associate that with Namor.

Lol, but it also could be mole man, but it would make more scence if its namor

Namor is owned by Universal Studios so don't get your hopes up for that too much.

No namor it was regarding Craters from SS or Moleman. Namor rights are at Universal.

Theres rumors that Marvel may be getting Namor back....

Link me to rumor Alba. Or expand on what you heard because that's news to me. Also over at Hollywood Reporter it appears Matthew Vaughn just signed a big deal with Sony to make 2 pics per year. Oh wait that's Thor not Silver Surfer.Forget it. Thor's at Marvel so Vaughn is out unless Sony helps distribute.

Theres rumors that Marvel may be getting Namor back....

Considering that Jonathon Mostow is in pre-production with Namor right now, there is no way Fox or Marvel can use him in their own film.

I have not seen the movie yet, but this sounds less like foreshadowing the next movie; and more like just the film's way of saying that there is never a moments rest for the FF.

I have not seen the movie yet, but this sounds less like foreshadowing the next movie; and more like just the film's way of saying that there is never a moments rest for the FF.

Exactly

It was just a nice nod to Namor, nothing more since they can't use him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"