Justice League Remake or Retool JL. How would you do it? [SPOILERS]

GothamBat

Protector of Gotham
Reaction score
So Justice League was a dud for a lot of people, myself included. I can't recall a more disappointing movie-going experience in the last decade. I was thinking we could give our ideal version of how the film should have been. It can be a remake from the ground up or it can be slightly retooling things. Here's my attempt. Enjoy.

We start the movie with some shots of planet Earth with a title card that tells us when this is occurring (thousands of years ago) we cut to establishing shots of the Canadian Arctic and out of the atmosphere, the scout ship from Man of Steel crashes into the snowy landscape. We see a figure stumbling out of the ship. It's Kara Zor-el. She remarks how the planet she landed on has already been colonized by Krypton, many years prior to her ending up there and a few other little tidbits of exposition hinting at the circumstances of how she ended up there.

We get a sense of passage of time, we're shown mankind with amazons and Atlantians still living in harmony. The faction comprised of Atlantians haven't yet been made to live in the depths of the ocean but we do see king Atlan (this is supposed to be before the Amazons were enslaved and the subsequent revolt lead by Hippolyta and Antiope), We get a little bit of establishing the factions and some exposition and introduction to various human characters. These could be anyone, from civilians to warriors. I personally hated how insular and closed off the film we got felt, character-wise. We got no ancillary characters to enrich the movie and give it layers. We only got the heroes. Nobody else. That was a major let down for me. So yes, at least 3 human characters with names and distinct personalities.

The invasion starts to happen, the sky starts to turn red, ships start to swarm the sky. The three factions begin trying to thwart off the invading forces. After a while, it's clear that there's no way they can win and they're overwhelmed by Steppenwolf, his army of parademons and other alien entities. Mutated creatures with bone protrusions similar to doomsday along with other fourth world characters.

People are being turned into parademons and joining enemy ranks mid-battle. They would play up the shock factor and the body horror elements of this transformation. (This mutation would also tie back into the movie later). After a while we're shown a few humans, Amazons and Atlantians praying with their hands clasped together. This makes Hippolyta remember that she was once told that she could call upon the gods if the Earth were to be invaded. She gets on her horse, rides off and shoots that arrow with the mystical fire and it alerts the Greek Gods of the invasion (just so the arrow thing gets set up for later and for a bit of build up to the gods' epic entrance)

We get to see Mount Olympus where the gods are and how they react to the invasion. It's a big palatial building with fountains and columns and it's shrouded in clouds due to the altitude. We get a bit of interplay between the gods, we're shown some of their extraordinary powers. All the powers demonstrated by Ares in the final fight of the Wonder Woman movie except all these powers are coming from different gods, not all of them have all these powers (this also comes into play again later).

We see Zeus with his divine eletrokinesis, charging up his power from the electrical charge in the clouds, We see Hephaestus transmuting metal and rock to create godly weapons for them all to take with them into battle. All the gods are speaking in Latin with subtitles. In this scene, it'd be cool to throw in some epic line from Ares that went something like "The last thing I want is to fight alongside the mortals, but this is my domain." as he puts on his signature Greco-roman helmet.

We cut to the battle again and Kara has joined the fray (complete with black suit and cape with the house of El symbol) we also spot two green lanterns helping out where they can. Despite this, things still seem hopeless until 5 of the gods of Olympus teleport onto the battle field in epic fashion. Zeus, Ares, Athena, Poseidon and Artemis all start kicking all kinds of ass with a healthy dose of signature Snyder slow-fast-mo.

We get a few one-on-one fights between some of the stronger fourth world characters and the gods, Artemis blows up the invaders' ships one by one with her exploding arrows, Ares (young and in his prime with his Greco-roman attire) lays waste to like 50 people at a time in a destructive, frenzied indiscriminately fashion, killing humans and Amazons in the cross-fire, foreshadowing his eventual betrayal and showing his bloodlust. His sword can glow and be red and incandescent.

Zeus charges up all his eletrokinetic power and channels it into Athena's gauntlets (visual homage to how Wonder Woman killed Ares), Athena then clangs them together unleashing a huge blast that destroys the remainder of Steppenwolf's army and reverses the terraformation.

Steppenwolf is forced to retreat but vows that he'll be back to finish what he started. The gods split up the motherboxes, and in order to keep them apart, Atlantis and Themiscira are created. This would give a reason for the creation of Atlantis and the Island of Themiscria and how isolated they are from man's world. Yes this contradicts the story of Zeus creating the island with his dying breath but that didn't make a lot of sense in the first place and Hippolyta was likely lying about all kinds of stuff so it's not a retcon.

We then cut to black and we're told this is present day. We hear the newscaster: "The world remains in mourning after the death of the Superman", we get the montage of people mourning, of crime on the rise and the world losing hope, as well as reports of a string of mysterious kidnappings. What we got in the movie seemed extremely cut short. We just got one dude getting arrested and a random homeless guy with a sign. I would have wanted at least a 5 minute sequence, in Snyder slowmo, Martha selling the farm, Lois visiting heroes park ect. Without going in too much detail, in this sequence, it would be nice to get some cameos from characters featured in other previous movies, to really drive hope that Justice League is supposed to be a culmination of what came before it. I'd have Amanda Waller discussing with government officials about kidnappings and alien sightings (one of the officials is General Swanwick), cut to Rick Flag and June Moone in a hotel room someone watching the news, hugging. Cut to the various Belle Reve inmates in their jail cells looking morose, cut to perry white reading the paper, (showing that article about Superman, Prince and David Bowe).

We join Bruce and Alfred in the Batcave and it's revealed that, upon realizing that Clark's body wasn't degrading and was releasing some kind of bio-electrical energy (that made the dirt float) he had swapped out the body with a fake without anyone realizing.

We then cut to the Wonder Woman terrorist attack and it plays about the same as it did in the actual movie we get some mention of parademons from the leader (really play up the creepy mysterious component of aliens kidnapping people). She gets a tranmission from Bruce Wayne and leaves the scene after the bad guys are taken care of.

They meet in the batcave and discuss assembling the league and the mysterious kidnappings. They both decide to investigate the creatures and try to recruit the league. We're shown Bruce communicate with a mystery person in regards to his findings. We're shown pictures and video of the members which can act as a segue to the slightly disjointed scenes that make up their separate character intros.

Bruce goes to recruit Arthur and it plays out like in the movie but without cutting it short. Show the scenery, Bruce arriving on Horse back, show it all. Scene ends with Arthur swimming away.

We get the scene with Victor's dad leaving the lab and his conversation with his son. All of that can stay the same. After that Cyborg leaves the house, maybe add some touches like him turning off all the street lights of every street he walks down so he can hide. Have him visit his old school where he can have flashbacks of his time as an athlete, have a scene with him seeing his girlfriend pre-accident with her new boyfriend, then have him leave the school. Diana meets up with him and tries to recruit him but he bails because he senses his father is in danger.

The school setting can be a good segue to start with Barry's character intro. We get the scene of him breaking the glass and whatever else happens in that scene. Have Iris West as one of his schoolmates. Then he goes to meets his dad in prison and goes home where he meets Bruce who recruits him. I'd say take it easier on the quirkiness from Barry. I would have wanted a more subdued performance. The way Ezra played him was too OTT even for Batman & Robin. I wouldn't want him to be somber just more subdued and less whacky. The color palette change from Snyder was actually a welcome change. I liked the more neon, colorful aesthetic in Barry's lair.

Arthur saves the fisherman, goes to Atlantis, has a scuffle with Steppenwolf, the motherbox is taken and he has that conversation with Mera to set up his solo movie.

Diana and Bruce meet up, they talk about their findings and their results. The bat signal is lit and those scenes play out basically the same as they do in the actual movie. Them going to meet with gordon (who was the mystery person Batman was sharing his findings with), them being joined by Cyborg who tells them his father was kidnapped. Instead of just telling them though, he actually shows them a hologram of what happened and this is where we get our first sighting of a parademon (that creepy shot from the first trailer where, the motherbox starts ringing and a parademon sneaks up on Silas Stone).

The fight in the tunnel plays out pretty much the same except it contains all the scenes that were cut. "I'm real when it's useful", "we do this together" ect. It ends with all of them going to the Batcave. We then get the scene of them in the elevator and them meeting Alfred and Bruce saying "I brought some friends"

They talk and mention how Cyborg has a motherbox, Atlantis' one was stolen and they start trying to figure out where the last one could be. Cyborg says that for some reason, he isn't able to track that one because there's some kind of unexplained interference. (Zeus' magic concealing the island) A distinction I'd make is I wouldn't make it so Diana knows all about the motherboxes and their history. She'd know some things but not much because to reveal all the info in an exposition dump by her kind of throws a wrench in the whole mystery aspect and doesn't allow for any meaningful enigma codes or suspense. The heroes shouldn't know everything from the start. The mystery should unravel slowly.

After mention of this mystery place where the third box is, cut to the Themiscria fight with Steppenwolf where he steals the motherbox and leaves destruction in his wake. Yes I'd include the scene of the Amazon taking her own life to stop herself from turning into a parademon. This would be the first proper reveal of steppenwolf and yes I'd have him look a little better. No weird disproportionate hands and I'd probably have it be motion capture or prosthetics with CG enhancements. Hippolyta fires the arrow, it's on the news and it serves as a callback to the beginning prologue scene.

We cut to Batman going to Arkham asylum to visit Lex to find out what he knows. We get to see Arkham and some of the inmates, maybe thrown in Hugo Strange and Dr Jonathan Crane. Here, we could get a bit of the BVS brutality which I felt was missing and made Batman less cool in JL. I'd make him break Lex's fingers to make him talk. Lex would reveal what he knows. We'd get a flashback to him in the scoutship conversing with Steppenwolf. This can have Steppenwolf say something like "Now that the Kryptonian is gone, I will come to finish what I started". Bruce takes Lex with him along with the rest of the league to the Kryptonian scout ship in Gotham. Have the scene play out more atmospheric like the scene where Lex first enters the ship in BVS. Lex can mention that the fluids in there have adverse affects on humans, using the example of how his hair hasn't grown back since it's been shaved months prior. Maybe have a bit of levity here, have Batman quip that at least he looks slightly less nuts with no whacky long red hair. Once they activate the ship to access the archives, the ship goes awol and Cyborg tells everyone they need to get out asap because it's about to take off. It does and flies off, in the confusion, a shadowy figure swoops in grabs Lex and escapes. Batman grapple hooks onto him, they have a quick fight on a rooftop but he still manages to run off with Lex.

The League doesn't have time to worry because Alfred informs them that Superman's body has gone missing. They all head to the hanger to discuss what to do. We get good character building moments with the team where Diana shoves bruce. They actually end up fighting and go their separate ways. Cyborg is frustrated that Bruce stored Clark's body and kept it a secret from them all, Diana is angry at Bruce and him calling her out for leaving mankind, Arthur is just hot-headed in general and goes off to Atlantis to meet with Mera and Vulko. Bruce calls Waller to find out what she knows about Superman's disappearance, she says she doesn't know what happened, Bruce is angry, he calls her out on the fact that she procured the remains of Doomsday from the government after their battle in BVS. She hangs up on him.

We cut to Superman in the scoutship which is suspended in the Earth's atmosphere, his body was retrieved by the Kryptonian service android. We see him in one of the stasis chambers. We cut to planet Krypton. Clark is on the large platform of Jor-el's observatory. We see Kara there but the two only look at each other in passing before she flies off. Neither acts surprised at all. He finds his father, they discuss what happened. Jor-el says he's proud of him, and the fact that he defended Earth by sarcificing himself. They talk about the fact that both him and Kal had their consciousness live on despite their bodies dying and how that can be. He explains that long ago, this state was created as a safehaven for Kryptonians, that after they die, they can all live on, on a metaphysical faux Krypton where they can simply exist without fear or enslavement. They are all shells of their former selves though, unable to feel any kind of emotion, only able to formulate thoughts.

We cut to Steppenwolf intercepting Cyborg and stealing the last motherbox after a brief fight where we see the extent of Cyborg's power including the battle mode with his whole face armor thing and double arm canons. He's beaten and presumably killed.

Steppenwolf returns to Apokilips which we see in full. It mirrors the Knightmare scene in BVS with the fire columns and the omega Symbol. We can tell Steppenwolf resents his servitude and there's a hint of sadness in him as he presents the last motherbox to Darkseid who is off-frame and not visible.

We cut back to Superman again and Zod shows up, he's surprisingly calm and explains to him that Earth is doomed, he talks about Apokolips and the fourth world, how the reason Krypton stopped it's colonization of worlds is because it was imposed by Darkseid, that the Kyrptonian council colluded with him and instituted artificial births to limit Kryptons potential at the behest of him and the new gods. Zod adds that he decided to lead a revolt when he found out they had been intentionally harvesting Krypton's core and creating a phenomenon with which Krypton would explode, killing all it's inhabitants. We're reminded that Kryptonians were irrevocably tied to their world and couldn't leave it, tethered to Krypton in a way that made it so that when they ventured off into the cosmos, they would wither and die. Inset flashbacks to Zod finding all those Kyptonian corpses at those outposts in Man of Steel.

Jor-el adds that Kryptonians used to be naturally as powerful as Superman but the atmosphere of Krypton was altered in order to weaken and stifle them until they lost all their abilities. He reveals that the reason Jor-El sent Kal to Earth was so he could allow the kryptonian race to be reborn and exist away from Darkseid's influence and dominion, that they would slowly but surely reform as the powerful population they once were and be able to fight back against his forces and vanquish him. He adds that the fact that Clark was sent to a world they had colonized many millenia before wasn't a coincidence and was all part of Jor-el's plan. He wanted the would-be new kryptonian race to fit right in and grow and develop in secret. It's also revealed that among the worlds that were conquered/destroyed is Steppenwolf's birth planet. Darkseid saw his potential and recruited him after leading his population to extinction.

Insert lengthy conversation between Zod, Jor-El and Kal about what Doomsday was, it's history and how, like Clark, not only does it not die but everytime it comes back from "being killed" it comes back stronger and more unstoppable. the "doomsday" was created by darkseid as a failsafe to make sure Kryptonians wouldn't try to breed with anyone from their colonized planets to repopulate the Kryptonian race. If the genetic material of a Kryptonian mixed with that of their descendents, it would give birth to "the deformity with no name". If that monster happened to be nourished and supported by Earth's atmosphere, it would turn into a world-destroying threat, killing everything in it's wake. essentially a self-destruct button. Clark was immune to these effects because he wasn't born out of a birthing chamber and he wasn't embedded with the genetic limitations and hindrances that plagued the kryptonian race for millenia.

Jor-el adds that because of it's molecular composition, only divine power can destroy doomsday for good. He explains what the old gods were, we get a flashback of Ares' revolt and him murdering the other gods as well as stealing each one of their divine powers. It's revealed that whenever a god or a godling kills another god in battle, the other god's abilities is transferred to them (hence how Ares had every one of their powers during his fight with Diana). It's also revealed that just as the gods have the power to create complex life forms, energy and whole realms, they can also destroy something definitively but it takes a huge amount of willpower, concentration and conviction. This would be what Diana did when Ares was hurling all manner of sharp objects at her and they were splintering and dissolving before they reached her.

On Earth, Steppenwolf opens a boomtube and releases all his parademons onto the world. It's revealed that the reason the kidnappings took place at all was to study humans and their genetic code and see if they had any dormant potential he should be careful of.

The skies turn dark red and the terraformation process begins. This is the would-be awesome finale. All our heroes meet up, hastily make peace and get ready in the flying fox. Batman gets his tactical suit on, pulls the leaver and sparks fly, Wonder woman is shown sharpening her sword with a rock in slow mo, Batman hands Aquaman his trident and he nods, Cyborg has recuperated after his fight with steppenwolf and is also ready to get out there and does that badass hero walk with all the other heroes behind him, Barry does that praying gesture except I'd have him be scared, not smiling. Insert iconic shot of the league stepping out of the flying fox and commence with the balls-to-the-wall action.

Cyborg saves that man from the truck barreling towards him, Aquaman drives that parademon through a building, Wonder Woman is killing them left and right, same goes with flash and, surprisingly, a lot more metahumans join the party. The ones that were alluded to by Amanda Waller in Suicide Squad. Shape-shifters, characters with sonic emitter screams, characters who change their molecular structure and turn into energy, speedsters, characters with telekinesis, we even see a green tiger mauling a parademon. Nothing too extravagant-looking and they're the vast minority (not like X-men or anything) but their presence is definitely felt and they do stand out. Task force X is also sent out to help as is the US military lead by Swanwick and major Carrie. Amanda Waller barricades herself in her lair with guards everywhere and we see the still intact body of Doomsday with clear evidence of experimentation in a lab adjacent to them. We cut to the motherboxes ringing as they're joined together, then back to doomsday, slowly but surely mutating and growing more bone protrusions. uh oh.

We get Batman and the rest of the league working together, slowly they start to be overwhelmed, this is very much supposed to parallel the opening scene.

We switch back to the safehaven, Superman is told that because he has all the genetic make-up of every Kryptonian inside him, his cells didn't degrade and he didn't truly die, he just entered this Kryptonian purgatory until he can be ready for rebirth. That if he demonstrates enough willpower he can come from this stasis and save his world. Obviously an allusion to Lois and we see her in a shelter for regular civilians trying to survive this Earth-wide invasion. There's a bit of a touching moment of telepathic communication between them and she mutters "Clark". Lara shows up at the last minute and says something along the lines of "it's time Kal".

Superman comes back to life with his black suit, again, mirroring the beginning with Kara. He flies into battle. The man of steel theme plays in full force, everyone is stunned to see him back, a lot of people don't believe it. People cry, they cheer, everyone hopes again.

Superman joins the league, he quips with Bruce and says something along the lines of "you've been busy". He greets General Swanwick and says something about how he's glad to be working together again to defend the Earth. The coordinated efforts of the league, the military, and the disperate metahumans manage to ward off Steppenwolf's army of parademons, lots of mind-blowing action. Flash travels so fast that he accidentally goes back in time a few minutes (foreshadowing flashpoint). Steppenwolf joins the fight but he's injured and retreats. Soon enough, Doomsday complete with long whispy hair, insane bone protrusions and horns joins the fray. He's too much for everyone there, Almost everyone is mortally wounded except for Wonder Woman and Superman. He explains to her that she has the power to stop him. Superman manages to subdue Doomsday but sure enough he's about to mutate and get even stronger, Diana then thinks back to Steve Trevor and her feelings for him and it's what inspires her to bring out the power to disintegrate Doomsday for good. The motherboxes are separated and all is well.

Steppenwolf goes back to Apokolips, disgraced and is promptly killed by Darkseid, who we see in full, not shrouded in shadows.

The world begins to heal, Superman is back, his suit has changed to it's regular color. Everyone is happy, metahumans aren't some covert urban myth type thing, they exist in the world as a tangible minority. Some are still in hiding but a lot aren't. Institutions for the housing and safeguarding of metahumans and their rights are opened. We get the easter eggs of seeing Raven and Beast boy meet at one of these institutions. Maybe have a funny line about how Beast boy no longer needs to wear foundation to pretend his skin isn't green.

The movie ends with them creating the hall of justice, except it can't be a rebuilt Wayne manor because that would throw a wrench in Batman's secret identity big time. It can be a building right in the center of metropolis where the Kryptonian ship used to be. We can still have a scene of Bruce coming into Wayne Manor with it lit by that warm sunglow as a visual metaphor for him having finally reconciled with his failings and being ready to rebuild.

Waller is shown conversing with government officials and you can tell she isn't thrilled with the existance of the league but she begrudgingly gives a little half smile or a nod of approval of some kind.

We get the Deathstroke and Lex scene, except it's allowed to be longer and more fleshed out.

The film ends with Lois' narration. This exact narration with the exact same accompanying score and the iconic shirt rip

That's the JL movie I would have wanted. Thoughts?

Last edited:
This should be an interesting thread, bar the "scrap pretty much everything" responses.

This should be an interesting thread, bar the "scrap pretty much everything" responses.

yeah those answers are pointless. Are you going to read my plot outline or were you turned off by the fact that it's like a billion words long? :oldrazz:

I will, calm your tay-tays. :oldrazz:

How would I remake or retool JL?

By scrapping pretty much everything. :o

Oh look, a comment you could see coming from a mile away. Bravo, sir, you've reached ultimate pointlessness. Teach me your ways, Obi-Wan. :o

Anyway, you certainly put a lot more thought into it than everyone involved with the movie did, but you shoehorned in a lot of easter eggs and I didn't like rehashing Doomsday as a third act villain.

Do JL:War, sanz Shazam. And sanz Whedon. I was ok with Steppenwolf being the big baddie, except for the fact that it was a tool in the worst sense of the word.

The resurrection of Superman was, although a bit far-stretched, well executed and consistent, but it was weird how they handled going home and returning to mankind.

Oh look, a comment you could see coming from a mile away. Bravo, sir, you've reached ultimate pointlessness. Teach me your ways, Obi-Wan. :o

Anyway, you certainly put a lot more thought into it than everyone involved with the movie did, but you shoehorned in a lot of easter eggs and I didn't like rehashing Doomsday as a third act villain.

I just figured it would work nicely with basically Doomsay's only defining trait: The fact that he can never die and is always reborn stronger. Plus I felt the whole idea of him being a failsafe to stop Krypton from repopulating was an inspired little tie-in with BVS and MOS. With the added bonus of seeing a fully formed Doomsday.

Maybe the easter eggs seem a bit excessive but this would be like a 3 hour epic and they'd be more spaced out than it seems like they are when it's all laid out like this. Anyway thanks for taking the time to read it. This was pretty cathartic.

"fixing" Justice League is a big ask..

I would bring visual and aural continuity to keep it in line with MOS and BvS... I cant say exactly how I would structure everything but I can say some aspects that really bothered me would be changed..

- Superman would be resurrected/manipulated by Steppenwolf, having the JL resurrect him came off as selfish
-I would allow the league vs superman fight last longer and show Wonder Woman put up a better fight
-I would dump the pointless Crawler vehicle...If you cant outdo the Scuttler then theres no point in being a bat-vehicle
-I would also mend the final battle in how it makes the other League members appear utterly useless and the final conflict a non-challenge for Superman

JL as is has a good foundation but it needed more meat to give it that epic feel. I would even say I would keep about 70% of the movie intact:

1) First and foremost: Get Junkie to score the movie or convince Zimmer for one last ride. I would mandate that they come up with JL theme that is epic and hum worthy. The music alone elevates the movie.

2) make the movie a 40 mins longer. 2hrs 40 min with credits, so 2 and a half hours of movie time.

3) The extra footage would build on Barry, Vic, and definitely much more Aquaman in Atlantis. Give the film a true world hopping scope.

4) Give Clark a meatier subplot. I would keep his ressurection scene the same but then I would have him go on a quest to "rediscover himself" a small subplot where Lois and Martha and a epic cameo from Russel Crowe help Clark remember who he is and embrace his ultimate destiny, that he is SUPERMAN.

5) The final battle would be longer but Steppenwolf and his army would overwhelm the team at one point. They are getting their asses handed to them. Its too much. Theyre getting bloodied and bruised. Batman and Diana are starting to lose hope. And then. Sonic BOOM. In come comes the Man of Steel with accompanying Zimmer music. He beats the living **** out of Steppenwolf and we get a true display of how powerful this new reinvigorated Superman really is.

But Steppenwolf is no pushover, he'll somehow get a last minute power boost and transform into a much more scarily powerful beastly creature. Even this new and improved Superman cant take him alone. The league realizes that they need to work together to defeat him. All 6 leaguers tag team Super Steppenwolf in an epic one take action shot of each of them giving what they got. Although Cyborg is still primarily focusing on the Motherboxes.

The team overcomes him, the final blow is a tag team super punch from Superman and Wonder Woman that sends him flying back into his boom tube.

6) Ending mostly the same. Clark proposes to Lois.

7) Post Credits: DARKSEID. Nuff said.

Last edited:
Just from the final cut that we've gotten I'd defs change some of the scenes up a bit. Especially in the 1st act.
- Cut the Supes and kids scene
- Batman opening stays the same
- Stop the opening credits once the Kent farm shot is done and go straight into the conversation between Lois and Martha about the house, but cut the old lady on the tv. Just start with Martha saying "I've found a place close to the diner..." over a shot of metropolis or some other establishing shot.
- Cut out the first WW scene. It's fine but like...it added nothing to the movie.
- Cut to the Themescyra Steppenwolf scene, let it play it full, all the way to Diana seeing the fire and saying invasion.
- Cut to Bruce and Arthur scene. Then the plane scene with Alfred.
- Vic's first scene starting with his Dad leaving the Scout ship.
- Barry and his Dad scene
- Vic finding out about Bruce/Bats. Then the whole scene with Diana telling Bruce about Steppenwolf.
- Bruce and Barry scene....without the brunch part...my god those reshoots are so obvious.

And then yeah, pretty much play out like it did for rest of the first act.

I loved the film, but it wasn't my vision for what JL should have been.
I'd have kept the fundamentals the same, but I'd have twisted the whole story.

The film wasn't epic like it should have been.

Steppenwolf's invasion needed to be more serious,

In the movie Wonder Woman says that Steppenwolf is less concerned with conquering the earth, and just wants to get the motherboxes as quickly as he can.

The abandoned nuclear power plant village felt to small. We didn't see the public's response to the Justice League.

Also could have showcase the Justice League properly saving a city, and making Steppenwolf more credible.

was not really feeling the russian family as a good civilian surrogate

Directed by JJ Abrams
Written by Geoff Johns and JJ Abrams
Story by Paul Dini and Geoff Johns

Superman - Armie Hammer
Batman - Jake Gyllenhaal
Wonder Woman - Alicia Vikander
The Flash - John Krasinski
Green Lantern - Idris Elba

Darkseid - Javier Bardem
Kalibak - Rodrigo Santoro
Granny Goodness - Helena Bonham Carter
Desaad - Brad Dourif

New costume designer

Steppenwolf's invasion needed to be more serious,

In the movie Wonder Woman says that Steppenwolf is less concerned with conquering the earth, and just wants to get the motherboxes as quickly as he can.

The abandoned nuclear power plant village felt to small. We didn't see the public's response to the Justice League.

Also could have showcase the Justice League properly saving a city, and making Steppenwolf more credible.

was not really feeling the russian family as a good civilian surrogate

According to the list of stuff changed by Whedon and stuff that were cut, I'm reading there was originally a scene showing the public's reaction, namely the known characters like Lois, Martha, Alfred, etc, to the sky turning red around the world. That would've added to the sense of stakes. Not sure why they took that out.

As far as retooling, first thing I'd do is get rid of the ******ed 2 hour mandate.

There are too many wheels already in motion for them to consider a complete universe reboot & recast, I also don't think it needs it currently.

What I feel DC/WB's next move should be regardless of how Justice League is received by those that do eventually see it or does at the BO, every single character should have a solo film before any more Justice League, Suicide Squad, Legion of Doom or any more team up movies are put into motion with very limited references to the DCEU the same as MoS & WW were both done.

So Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash, The Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman & Man of Steel 2 all before anymore JL films.

A problem of mine with the DCEU thus far has been the fact that it's like WB & whoever is planning these films doesn't understand the sheer wealth of comic book literature & lore at their disposal. The problem has no doubt been WB, they've seen the MCU making money & thought that they want in on that ASAP so they've tried to build a universe with basically 2 films & they're paying for it. Until WB/DC wake up & start fleshing out their universe by building these characters before mashing them together, they will forever be behind the MCU.

I enjoyed GothamBat's JL, but IMO would have been way too long. Esp w/ the "Krypton Purgatory" scenes. Here's mine and keep in mind I'm trying to keep all the filmed scenes, just wanted to add more Superman.
-----------------------

Quick cuts of doomsday fight, Clark's "death", burial, ends on Darkseid silhouette telling silhouette of Steppenwolf "No Lantern's, No Kryptonian line....... then he says "Don't fail me again."

"Then" - Kryptonian Ship in Metropolis "wakes up" when Clark "dies" and takes off, lands in same spot when found in MoS and expands/grows joins w/ the ice (the Fortress), and Kryptonian Robots fly off and collects Clark's body. They bring him back and put him in the genesis chamber. AI voices tell robots "now we wait".

"Now" - Black S banners shown, no hope, mysterious disapprearaces globally.
Stephenwolf/Amazons fight scene. WW bank scene, Aquaman save sailor scene. Batman stops criminal, fights parademon.
Amazon signals Diana. Diana tells Bruce about Steppenwolf and says we need to get the others.

Recruitment scenes happen. Stephenwolf/Atlantian fight. Tunnel scene. Show citizens scared and JL beat.

Clark open his eyes in genesis chamber. AI and robots tells him whats up, he wasnt really dead (insert some comic book explanation) and has no powers and needs more time in the genesis chamber.

Clark says f that and AI and robots bring out the black suit.

Clark takes a shuttle from ship, still powerless goes to Lois.

Bat cave hanger scene where Bruce antagonizes Diana about Steve. Lois calls Bruce.

The JL goes see Clark, he meets everyone, smiles and all. Clark says he can't do much, doesnt know how long it takes for his powers to come back, but he has guns on the ship.

Stephenwolf vs JL for 3rd mother box. They all fall easlily, Supes ship is broken.

They go to Russia via Flying Fox, rest of scenes play out. Clark now has guns from Batcave (ones Bruce developed to fight Clark). You see Clark leaping and getting powers back.

Whole JL beats down Stephenwolf, but he easily pushes them all away. Stephenwolf is strong.

All 3 mother boxes merge

Cyborg body being born of Mother Box tech becomes pawn. Vic says he cant control his body. Now JL vs Cyborg and Stephenwolf. Cyborg creates crazy weapons designed to fight each JL'er.

Clark is thrown into space like BvS.

Cyborg conquers JL and Steppenwolf laughs.

Clark's black suit draws in yellow sun rays, heat vision eyes - hes back, flies fast and whoops on Stephenwolf.

Rest of the JL still trying to fight Cyborg, but Vic says destroy my body, etc.

Clarks beats Stephenwolf. starts to fight Cyborg, throws Cyborg far away and pulls apart Mother boxes. Cyborg regains control of his body. Boom tube opens up, grabs Steppenwolf and you hear Darkseid say "This is not over".

Land in Russia completely destroyed but people are cheering, news people come out, camera crews from all over, etc come.

Same per Hall of Justice scene.

Last is the final hopeful scenes, Lois voice over. Clark and Lois engaged, Martha hugs both.

The End!

Same post credits scenes.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think refiguring Justice League is a tricky move. Certainly doable, as shown by other posters here, but I feel like JL would've been in a better position overall if we'd also reconfigured BvS first.

Going to need to sit down and really mull this one over, but the one thing that immediately comes to mind here is that if we're keeping the central hook of "A veteran Batman forms the Justice League Seven Samurai-style after the death of Superman," it'd be vital to delve a bit more into Bruce's mind here.

Not just whether or not he feels responsible for Clark's death, but also to look at how Bruce's history with the Batfamily played out and haunts him. Did the death of Jason Todd play a part in making Bruce drive Nightwing and Batgirl away? Is Bruce afraid of forming another team because of that?

I dunno. The thing for me is that while Justice League is an ensemble film, it needs to have a central character acting as its anchor. That's the key ingredient that made the first Avengers and Captain America: Civil War work, while Avengers: Age of Ultron didn't quite land as well... and I'm not really sure we get that in Justice League either. I think it feels a bit closer to being centered in JL than AoU, with emotional emphasis on Bruce, Diana and Victor- but who's really the main protagonist here?

TC's version is great.

Anyways, I just came to say that I wish this movie had the heroes keep their secret identities from each other.

I'm not a big Justice League Unlimited fan as most people are, but that's one thing it really got right, the idea of all these superheroes on the watchtower together in full costume addressing each other by their superhero names, superheroes chatting up superheroines in the cafeteria, etc. It just feels like a true superhero world that way. It's also a much different flavor to what's going on in the MCU.

Granted, Flash, Bats and dead Supes were the only ones with secret identities, but I'm just saying I wish we had a bit of that flavor here. Like instead of Bruce recruiting Barry, I would have preferred Batman recruiting Flash. Hopefully they try to do something like this moving forward if the league rapidly expands.

Last edited:
Some fundamentals;

1. Have the villain be human rather than CG.
Marvel made the wise decision to lead with Loki even though his army was CG.
Nothing checks out an audience then a villain they can't relate to.

2. The threat has to be big enough that an individual can't handle alone. That is the point of a TEAM.

3. Have a clear progression of the team's ability to work together. They aren't used to each other and only after time should they use effective teamwork.

4. Make specific tasks for each one of the members that only they can solve.
I just throwing this out there;
Aquaman - Something underwater

Flash - Something that has to be done in a blink super speed. The lightning to power the Motherbox was a nice idea but it needed to happen during a battle.

Batman - Stealth and brains
and so on

5. Try and achieve as many of the effects as possible practically. When everything looks CG then the audience are pulled out of the movie because it doesn't look real. I've been watching a lot of behind the scenes videos and Marvel tend to build lots of sets. When I looked at DC behind the scenes for JL, everything, and I mean everything was green screen. Just because it's fantastical doesn't mean sections can't be made practically.

6. Batman
There should have been several moments which showed why he belonged on the team even though he had no powers. Making him the butt of every joke made him being on the team of super-powered beings nonsensical.

Also from a money making standpoint, making your biggest money maker a joke doesn't make financial sense, if anything he should be made the standout character especially with a solo movie in the works and the biggest hope of breaking a billion.

7. De-power Superman
If Superman can take down the big bad by himself, a) The villain isn't powerful enough b) the other team members are redundant.

Substitute Batman for Captain America and Thor for Superman and Marvel did all the above for the Avengers.

I'd change the credits music.

Seriously, Supes bursting into the sky should be accompanied by or immediately followed by a Justice League theme going at full blast. You know, like how MOS ends.

Have Superman do things only he can do-stop asteroids-drilll thru the earth's core-fly to and in the sun-that kind of stuff. The bad guy's can incapicitate Superman but then you use him disaster stuff

Have a different villain first and foremost. Steppenwolf McGoatHorns just isn't threatening. I doubt he'd have been threatening even if they went with Practical Effects (a guy in a costume) rather than the horrendous looking CGI.

Braniac or Amazo or a ton of different DC villains all would've been better choices.

Have a different villain first and foremost. Steppenwolf McGoatHorns just isn't threatening. I doubt he'd have been threatening even if they went with Practical Effects (a guy in a costume) rather than the horrendous looking CGI.

Braniac or Amazo or a ton of different DC villains all would've been better choices.

I'd actually like the Legion of Doom or whatever they would be called-depending what bad guys they use. However i doubt it can be done cheaply enough. I predict WB will stick with this universe=all sub 200 million dollar movies though-2 hour movies agreed to in advance by director-scripts to be 2 hours-some sets used again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"