Justice League Character Comparisons: Snyder Cut vs. Whedon Cut

The hair stroke made me laugh so hard. I don't think that was the intention of the scene but the combination of the song and slow mo just broke me.

Is it just me or is very odd that Iris has no facial expression as she's flying through the air? I've never been ejected from a car but her lack of facial reaction during this accident is both creepy and weird to me.

Yeah, I don’t want to knock Kiersey here because she seems like a talented actor overall and a cool person but her expression was like, “Oh, I’m gonna die. Cool beans.” And then after he saved her, she’s eyeing him up like she wants to take him to her place. Like dude, anyone who has even nearly been killed in a car accident (and I can speak from experience here) knows that right after you realize you somehow didn’t die, you’re in a state of shock.

Last edited:
Barry knows he gonna save Iris,let's not act like there's any Sort of Danger coming from that Moment
and "that caress" is creepy ? weird when someone else literally made a Cut full of actually creepy moment. such as flash fallin under Diana Cleavage and some more.
its not like that Scene was tellin a story about a Man having a Crush on a Woman, we know gonna end up to be His Wife in the future..no, Snyder was just adding a Love Song for the sake of it

Barry knows he gonna save Iris,let's not act like there's any Sort of Danger coming from that Moment
and "that caress" is creepy ? weird when someone else literally made a Cut full of actually creepy moment. such as flash fallin under Diana Cleavage and some more.
its not like that Scene was tellin a story about a Man having a Crush on a Woman, we know gonna end up to be His Wife in the future..no, Snyder was just adding a Love Song for the sake of it

Yes its creepy that Flash decides to caress her hair as she's flying through the air in the middle of a car accident.

Barry’s run doesn’t look goofy in the Snydercut and just looks ****ing epic.

Huh? He looks just as goofy if not more so. When he was running out of the pet store that was particularly evident, and then when he was running back through time. Some athlete needs to give him a lesson on how to run.

Yes its creepy that Flash decides to caress her hair as she's flying through the air in the middle of a car accident.

YES! Thank you!

But please, let’s keep talking about the guy who made “Sucker Punch” as some feminist hero.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think most people missed the point.

3591176-fls_30_52cf49e70d6465.15357135.jpg

qCKzJvJIfba81CbqoLSFRn-Z3fxk4ZWcvg9NdF5nGUA.png

Huh? He looks just as goofy if not more so. When he was running out of the pet store that was particularly evident, and then when he was running back through time. Some athlete needs to give him a lesson on how to run.

Yeah. I couldn’t quite put my finger on what his running reminded me of and I finally remembered. Go to about the 3:44 mark of this video:

Yeah. I couldn’t quite put my finger on what his running reminded me of and I finally remembered. Go to about the 3:44 mark of this video:

Lol, you'd have to be a Seven Brides for Seven Brothers fan to know that, but you're right. It is like some musical seasaw run that Miller uses.

Yeah, no. :o

A single image is a poor indicator of a film director's storytelling ability.

... But even so, Barry falling on the boobs is a crappy joke rooted in his character: He's socially awkward and is inexperienced with his powers. One sabotages the other. By contrast, hot dog in the air has a hot dog in the air. It's love at first sight, a fatal car wreck and a hot dog gag all in one.

It's also a nod to Barry's first Silver Age manifestation of powers.

Yeah believe it, a caricature is still better than a plot device, which is what Snyder's Superman was and is. IMO Snyder's mopey, emo, dialogue challenged, nihilistic Superman is such an unmitigated pile of s*** that Whedon's fake lip /dumb one-liners Superman is perfection by comparison.
Also, please try and not insult Chris Reeve's version with that "caricature of the '70s" line because that's the version that still resonates with the general public.
It's honestly strange how some of you Snyder lovers seem to take shots a Chris Reeve's Superman to make a point about how much you like the Snyder version. You have to understand that some people (like myself and most of the general public) don't like Snyder's version because it simply doesn't appeal to us and not because we're stuck in the past.

Aquabro and Murder Woman are not even plot devices in the Snyderverse, they just kinda fill in for Superman in his absence, very inadequately. They both come out of hiding when he dies and get killed off almost immediately after his return, they’ve outlived their usefulness

Hell yeah it is!! Creepy as F infact and hilarious at the same time! On the other hand Flash falling on Diana was just lame humor, nothing creepy about it.

Honestly I don't know what the WB brass were smoking when they rejected Snyder's edit for not being "funny enough", because between the Barry sausage scene, the Aquaman shirt sniffing, the sandwitch munching / garlic close up scene and the "you spoke" line said by a shocked Lois, I think the Snyder cut was a laugh riot even if the audience would've been laughing at the movie and not with it.
This movie changed my mind about Snyder, the man is stupidly funny, so much so that he creates comedic scenes even when trying to be serious, pure genius that Zack!

Dude 99.9% of the audience don't know who Iris is nor do they know that she's meant to be Flash's Lois Lane, so this scene came off as "creepy meets awkward sexual innuendo".
Snyder does a hell of a lot of stuff for "the sake of it"! Just in JL, there was all the aforementioned scenes above in addition to WW blowing up a wall and endangering all the people outside just cos "it's cool" or Superman wearing a black suit with no explanation (remember that most of the audience haven't read Death of Superman) or j'onn showing up out of nowhere just cos.
If you ever wondered why alot of the critics hate alot of Snyder's stuff is because they recognize pretentious /poorly thought out bull**** when they see it.

I just noticed that Snyder has quite a track record on stuff you could consider Creepy.

I mentioned the Shirt sniffing(and i dont give a damn how some want to paint this, it is ****ing creepy), you have the super weird Watchmen aircraft sex scene, 300...and let us not ignore Sucker Punch.

To that, Whedons lame and rather childish "Man falls on Womans Boobs" joke he reused from Age of Ultron, is rather tame...especially considering the stuff Whedon has done in the past.

I just noticed that Snyder has quite a track record on stuff you could consider Creepy.

I mentioned the Shirt sniffing(and i dont give a damn how some want to paint this, it is ****ing creepy), you have the super weird Watchmen aircraft sex scene, 300...and let us not ignore Sucker Punch.

To that, Whedons lame and rather childish "Man falls on Womans Boobs" joke he reused from Age of Ultron, is rather tame...especially considering the stuff Whedon has done in the past.

He also has an odd tendency to include phallic imagery in his films such as the pods in Man of Steel and the sausages flying in the face of Iris. Its an odd choice to include stuff like that in these kind of films.

While Joss's version didn't do much to elevate Cyborg, after watching a quick scene I do find his ending to be much better in JWs version. He is able to repair his relationship with his dad and doesnt become just another sad hero who lost both his parents. 10x better than his dad dying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"