Justice League Snyder vs Whedon Shot comparison

You:

4d28113509391cc079ecc7a82ee63cb9

The guy she tells you not to worry about:

justice-league-movie-image-56.png

Correct. That whole landing on the farm scene is Snyder. This is the guy who's version of the film you want to see. Has everyone here forgotten that Snyder is the guy who's made 2 previous CBM that completely divided fans and critics and yet apparently people think his version would have been so much better LOL.

His version would have been much more satisfying, thats for sure. All the evidence we've seen suggests Henry had much more screentime and build up to his return compared to the glorified cameo he made in Whedons movie. So yes, I wanna see Snyders version.

His version would have been much more satisfying, thats for sure. All the evidence we've seen suggests Henry had much more screentime and build up to his return compared to the glorified cameo he made in Whedons movie. So yes, I wanna see Snyders version.

And since we like the first 2 movies, makes a lot of sense that we would like the 3rd one too. Also the fact, stuff from the trailers seem that were cut, seem a lot better than the movie. Even if that line is in Snyder's cut, atleast its followed by "I'll take that as a yes scene", so its a weak line followed by good stuff, and not crap on top of crap, on top of CGI face crap. And it would have the Zimmer theme as well.

You know what I realized? Personally speaking of course, the Danny Elfman score drastically altered my enjoyment of the movie. I watched a fan made clip on Youtube of the final battle battle sequence of Batman in the batmobile fighting the Parademons to the BvS Batman theme and it was NIGHT AND DAY from the theatrical version. I remember being bored with that sequence in theaters but with epic, more adrenalized music I was so into the sequence this time. I think even just having a Junkie XL and Zimmer like score elevates this movie in major ways and makes unremarkable moments more epic, if that makes sense.

Thats just me, thiugh. I know theres a lot of people out there who dont even pay attention to the music and its irrelevant for them.

No the first one is the one we actually got and the second one is how it looked in the comic con trailer

You know what I realized? Personally speaking of course, the Danny Elfman score drastically altered my enjoyment of the movie. I watched a fan made clip on Youtube of the final battle battle sequence of Batman in the batmobile fighting the Parademons to the BvS Batman theme and it was NIGHT AND DAY from the theatrical version. I remember being bored with that sequence in theaters but with epic, more adrenalized music I was so into the sequence this time. I think even just having a Junkie XL and Zimmer like score elevates this movie in major ways and makes unremarkable moments more epic, if that makes sense.

Thats just me, thiugh. I know theres a lot of people out there who dont even pay attention to the music and its irrelevant for them.

No I totally agree. The Elfman score is definitely competent. I even kind of hear it in my head when I happen to watch parts of JL without my earphones in or without sound. It's decent. Maybe even good. But Zimmer is just next level.

I just dont think Elfman was compatible with this film, doesnt make him a bad composer, but Elfman's sound in a Zack Snyder movie is like fitting a square peg into a round hole. Put him in a Tim Burton movie, though? Magic.

There are several scenes in this movie where I could guarantee you Zack was like "oh man, Junkie XL's gonna nail this moment" and he specifically constructed those scenes with him in mind.

I just dont think Elfman was compatible with this film, doesnt make him a bad composer, but Elfman's sound in a Zack Snyder movie is like fitting a square peg into a round hole. Put him in a Tim Burton movie, though? Magic.

There are several scenes in this movie where I could guarantee you Zack was like "oh man, Junkie XL's gonna nail this moment" and he specifically constructed those scenes with him in mind.

yea, pretty much.

elfman's soundtrack for burton batman and raimi spider-man movies = probably some of my fave cbm movie soundtracks.

but it sounded like he just phoned it in for JL - sometimes it just sounded like his avengers work. which sounds pretty generic.

jybAuPg.jpg

In Whedon's version he totally throws the bottle of liquor in the sea. Cinemasins will be like "Aquaman is a dick to the ocean".

Its for reasons like this, I dont put the complete blame on WB. Whedon is just as responsible. Did he have to change this scene, ruining the symmetry, just to add an awkward joke? An epic shot ruined. Same with the Batman's "My turn", or the "brunch" bit, or the "relax alfred", or cyborg in his apartment. All these were so ****ing unnecessary, and if he had done this while he was making the film, misguided...but sure do it. But when you are short on time, and money and resources, and you decide to waste it like this...you sabotaged the film.

Elfman stil has the best batman score to date. But both him and zimmers respective scores for this dceu have been very poor, certainly in comparisson to their previous works.

Elfman stil has the best batman score to date. But both him and zimmers respective scores for this dceu have been very poor, certainly in comparisson to their previous works.

Lol no

Its for reasons like this, I dont put the complete blame on WB. Whedon is just as responsible. Did he have to change this scene, ruining the symmetry, just to add an awkward joke? An epic shot ruined. Same with the Batman's "My turn", or the "brunch" bit, or the "relax alfred", or cyborg in his apartment. All these were so ****ing unnecessary, and if he had done this while he was making the film, misguided...but sure do it. But when you are short on time, and money and resources, and you decide to waste it like this...you sabotaged the film.

The saddest part to me is how much effort Zack clearly put into production. Shooting on location in Iceland, only to have 95% of it not make the cut. Actually making Momoa take a dip in the freezing water only to have it be interspliced with bad greenscreen segments. Actually have a crew go to a city adjacent to Chernobyl to make an accurate digital mapping of it, only to have it be made to look fake and ugly with that cranberry red cgi fog. I could go on.

The saddest part to me is how much effort Zack clearly put into production. Shooting on location in Iceland, only to have 95% of it not make the cut. Actually making Momoa take a dip in the freezing water only to have it be interspliced with bad greenscreen segments. Actually have a crew go to a city adjacent to Chernobyl to make an accurate digital mapping of it, only to have it be made to look fake and ugly with that cranberry red cgi fog. I could go on.

This is why it is 100% on WB. What, they didnt KNOW what Zack was filming? They gave him a 250 million check and said "have fun?" With ANY blockbuster doesnt the studio oversee the production and the script to make sure they know how they're money's being spent? You're telling me Kevin Tsjuihara didnt want a 2 hour movie from the start and let Zack film a near 3 hour one and changed his mind at the last second?

This is why it is 100% on WB. What, they didnt KNOW what Zack was filming? They gave him a 250 million check and said "have fun?" With ANY blockbuster doesnt the studio oversee the production and the script to make sure they know how they're money's being spent? You're telling me Kevin Tsjuihara didnt want a 2 hour movie from the start and let Zack film a near 3 hour one and changed his mind at the last second?

With the success of 2013's Man of Steel, Warner Bros. reportedly gave director Zack Snyder carte blanche creative freedom as he began the process of booting up the Justice League for the big screen – even though some purists disliked his dark, edgier take on Superman.

But when Snyder continued his bleak streak by killing off Superman at the end of Batman v Superman, leading to criticisms that the DC Universe was just too dystopian, the studio was less inclined to give him the same control the next time around. But per one studio insider, it couldn't well remove him either because it would give the production a black eye and a reputation for being troubled.
So yeah for BvS Snyder basically had free reign. While I do blame Snyder for where the DCEU is, it's not fully his fault. WB should have really kept tabs on him.

So yeah for BvS Snyder basically had free reign. While I do blame Snyder for where the DCEU is, it's not fully his fault. WB should have really kept tabs on him.

didn't they give the BvS screening a standing ovation? I think they were on board and thought they had a big winner. They just misjudged consumer acceptance and blew it by not releasing the UE as the theatrical IMO. Would have had "less" critical complaints and not as much brand damage...maybe.

didn't they give the BvS screening a standing ovation? I think they were on board and thought they had a big winner. They just misjudged consumer acceptance and blew it by not releasing the UE as the theatrical IMO. Would have had "less" critical complaints and not as much brand damage...maybe.

It's hard to gauge how much better the UE would have been received. An article hear and there and posters all over the place saying it's 180 better etc. or it's not better isn't exactly a scientific barometer.

So yeah for BvS Snyder basically had free reign.

Why are you talking about BvS?Kguillou is talking about JL, and Tsujihara's 2hr mandate.

Kguillou said with "ANY" blockbuster when does a Studio not oversee production and that's exactly happened with BvS except for the runtime. Regardless if he was talking about JL, how can you say that and not include BvS made by the same director?

Regardless if he was talking about JL, how can you say that and not include BvS made by the same director?

Because the situations surrounding JL and how much the studio was involved has been very different from how it was with BvS. There is no comparison.

Snyder had a lot of freedom with BvS, but that doesnt mean the studio didnt keep tabs on him. The only directors that get that kind of priviledge are Nolan, Scorsese, Tarantino, Cameron etc. With MOS he got a lot of protection because of Nolan(and he acknowledged this himself), but with him gone, WB got a bit more hands on with BvS. And that ended with them telling Snyder to cut 30mins from the movie, and to make it more Batman centric, very late in the game. Still he got a lot of freedom creatively.

However in JL, right from the start, WB was very involved. Geoff Johns was involved with rewrites during pre production and production, and he and Berg were present during the whole principal shoot. So WB knew exactly how the film was shaping up, which direction it took, how long the script was, etc. So like Kguillou said, it IS highly incompetent, when you hear all these changes made so late in post production(when they could and should have shaped the film to their liking during main shoot if they were unsatisfied), including stupid mandates, and scheduling based on corporate bonuses.

So no, comparing JL and BvS situation, makes zero sense, as they are very different. And no matter, how you look at it, WB came out of this looking very very incompetent, and almost everyone is acknowledging that, even fans of the franchise.

Like another poster said I think WB was actually fully onboard with Snyder's cut and vision of BVS from the go and thus allowed him to make his movie. Lets not forget, Warner Bros has been trying to make a Death of Superman movie for decades now and they probably saw BvS as a opportunity to hit multiple birds with one stone. I think the studio heads genuinely liked Snyder's movie then said, "hey we have a hit on our hands, lets maximize profits and get more viewings out of it" and asked him to cut it down and then when he did they realized they were in trouble but it was too late.

Of course this is all speculation. Who knows what the studio really thought, but I dont think its a stretch that at least some of Snyder's bosses were onboard with what he was doing at first. With JL though, I would THINK they would be over his shoulder at every day onset.

Because the situations surrounding JL and how much the studio was involved has been very different from how it was with BvS. There is no comparison.

Snyder had a lot of freedom with BvS, but that doesnt mean the studio didnt keep tabs on him. The only directors that get that kind of priviledge are Nolan, Scorsese, Tarantino, Cameron etc. With MOS he got a lot of protection because of Nolan(and he acknowledged this himself), but with him gone, WB got a bit more hands on with BvS. And that ended with them telling Snyder to cut 30mins from the movie, and to make it more Batman centric, very late in the game. Still he got a lot of freedom creatively.

Article I read was he was given carte blanche with BvS.

However in JL, right from the start, WB was very involved. Geoff Johns was involved with rewrites during pre production and production, and he and Berg were present during the whole principal shoot. So WB knew exactly how the film was shaping up, which direction it took, how long the script was, etc. So like Kguillou said, it IS highly incompetent, when you hear all these changes made so late in post production(when they could and should have shaped the film to their liking during main shoot if they were unsatisfied), including stupid mandates, and scheduling based on corporate bonuses.

So no, comparing JL and BvS situation, makes zero sense, as they are very different. And no matter, how you look at it, WB came out of this looking very very incompetent, and almost everyone is acknowledging that, even fans of the franchise.
WB was very involved because of the reaction of BvS.

However, I do think WB is incompetent and should have known what they were getting into by hiring Snyder in the first place.

WB was very involved because of the reaction of BvS.

Exactly the point Kguillou was making. That's what makes the situation even more mind boggling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"