Justice League Post Snyder cut DCEU

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
Snyders vision is undoubtedly going to be quite different from the one we got from Joss, and there’s no doubt going to be scenes and characters that we haven’t seen before - that goes without saying.

Zacks version is either going to bomb because it won’t be that impressive, or that different from the instalment we’ve already got, or it’ll be beyond imagination and will be something of epic proportions.

If Zack’s version bombs, no harm done. It’s just a directors cut. If it succeeds however, what does this mean (potentially) for the larger DCEU? Would this cut replace Whedon's as cannon? Would references in other films of what happened here need to be overlooked?

Would it mean that Zack’s story would need to be told; he had a JL trilogy in planning didn’t he? Would we get to see that? Maybe as an independent trilogy unassimilated from the larger DCEU? Could easily be explained away through a multiverse aspect.

I think post Snyder cut, the sky may be the limit as far as what WB will do in terms of continuity. The idea of only one Batman at a time, one Superman at a time, or the " Superman can never appear on TV while an actor plays him in the movies" mentality may have gone out the window.

Even the idea that a film actor can't, or must no,t appear on one of our shows has clearly been amended. Ezra Miller appearing on the CW crossover signaled to me that WB is ready and willing to lean into the idea of a multiverse without being skiddish out about it the way they tended to be in the 90s and early 00s.

You add to that projects like the Joker, Aquaman , WW 1984, and The Batman, Cavill's Superman appearances, the Superman Lois show, and a Bruce Wayne turning up in a sense in Batwoman, etc, all basically happening at the same time

In fact, WB/At&T may figure that the multiverse concept will be one of the ways they separate themselves from other studios.

Now ,whether that means a sequel to JL with a grizzled veteran Batman will co exist with a younger inexperienced Bruce Wayne in The Batman in theaters, remains to be seen.

Its certainly very possible, and is something I would be totally down for.

At this point, i've learned to never say never when it comes to Hollywood.

In a world where Routh, Welling, Houchlin all appear as Clark Kent in the same crossover event, Where Henry Cavill returns as Superman after being counted out by fanboys like me, Where the Snyder cut is coming, and where there is serious talk and discussion about Tobey Macguire and Andrew Garfield returning to the Spiderman franchise in one form or another, I'd say anything is possible.

Post Snyder Cut?

I hope to maybe have a little one with the missus, see him grow up to be a daywalker, he then drives off and I never see him again. I hope more folks get stomach sick from the mouse fast food 15 new film arcs. I hope i still have vip access to some strip joints. I hope that third world country little town is as beautiful as my friend, Red, makes it seem to be. I hope i can make it there someday. I hope to drink full bottle of merlot with my cuban cigar (pre Castro), when I hear the news of president cheeto eventually passing away. I hope Jesus doesn't look like a swedish lookin dude. I also believe this topic belongs in the main Snyder thread, but I hope you dont take it personal.

But then I wonder who becomes Batman for the rest of the future of the DCEU going forward, Ben Affleck or Robert Pattinson? Especially now with this Snyder Cut

These I want to see as future JL members.

Martian Manhunter:
HarryLennixManhunter.jpg

Plastic Man:
ben-schwartz-plastic-man-comicbookcom-1165876-1280x0.jpeg

plasticman-origin-pmah_01_013-v1.jpg

The Atom:
Zack-Snyder-Justice-League-Ryan-Choi-Atom-Star-Labs.jpg

Zack_Snyder_Justice_League_Atom_Ryan_Choi.jpg

Black Canary:
vxld2yb5uzk41.jpg

Huntress:
EYpKgPdUcAAiF_x.jpg

Green Lantern:
greenlanternmovie_profile_john+stewart_884974-gl_corps_41.jpg

Green Arrow:
691ca66470faaae7a828ab4749495af1.jpg

Supergirl:
Supergirl42_COLOR_CMYK.jpg

Hawkman:
Carterhallsbigpicture.jpg

Hawkgirl:
izasn5173a421.jpg

Definitely would love to see this

But then I wonder who becomes Batman for the rest of the future of the DCEU going forward, Ben Affleck or Robert Pattinson? Especially now with this Snyder Cut
From what I’m aware of, anything to do with Patterson is (currently) independent from the larger picture. Whether that changes down the road remains to be seen, but don’t expect to see Diana or Clark in the Patterson Trilogy.

I feel like the Snyder Cut would have to be break streaming numbers for it have any major impact on the future of the DCEU. Lets not forget that they've found bigger success with the likes of WW/Aquaman. They may try to merge the two to create a happy medium but I dont think we'll see future JL films 100% the way Snyder originally planned.

Things I know I wanna see in the Snyder Cut

10- More of Victor Stone/Cyborg's backstory and character development

9- The Seventh Member...Originally, marketing material for Justice League included the phrase, "Unite the Seven", but only six members were ever seen on screen when the film debuted; Wonder Woman, Batman, Super Man, The Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg. Fans speculate that the seventh member could make their appearance in The Snyder Cut, possibly turning out to be Martian Manhunter, Shazam, Atom, or Green Lantern. Snyder's original script had over 10 additional superhero characters in the film, so it could be a variety of people.

8- More context on the time travel aspect especially when it comes to Knightmare in BVS

7- More buddy/buddy interaction between Clark and Bruce

6- Higher stakes

5- Sure as hell no Cavill editing on his moustache...give him that Mission Impossible Fallout mustache or give him a beard

4- More consistent Batman

3- The League fighting as a team...united and together

2- More of Joe Manganiello/Deathstroke

1- Tease Darkseid...build up towards Darkseid especially if he is supposed to be your Universal big bad much like Thanos was for the MCU...Darkseid should be that in this Snyder Cut and then you set the tone for the future of the DCEU going forward

I can't see Affleck returning as Batman for any new films, no matter how well a Snyder cut JL might be received.

They’ve already got big numbers for the Snyder Cut, the streaming numbers will be off the charts.

9- The Seventh Member...Originally, marketing material for Justice League included the phrase, "Unite the Seven", but only six members were ever seen on screen when the film debuted; Wonder Woman, Batman, Super Man, The Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg. Fans speculate that the seventh member could make their appearance in The Snyder Cut, possibly turning out to be Martian Manhunter, Shazam, Atom, or Green Lantern. Snyder's original script had over 10 additional superhero characters in the film, so it could be a variety of people.
As much as I want it to be a Green Lantern, I suspect it’ll be Martian Manhunter as he’s specifically been mentioned to be having an appearance, and was in one incarnation a founding member of the league.

I'm not getting my hopes up but anything in the dceu is possible now.
The people behind hbo max are pumping a ton of money into a film that flopped years ago that also already did get follow up films from some of the characters in Justice League. I just don't see this as a one and done deal. You dont pump that much back into a failed project in hopes it'll be successful and dont follow up that version with more films.
They finally realized that DC needs to be different from Marvel and Zac had a big arc and vision for the DC universe and altering that plan was a huge mistake. It also helped Ben Affleck along with the mix of hIs other problems decide not to be Batman anymore. Zac was gone.
He probably had to ask him look Ben if this is successful do you want to continue with Batman or should I write you an official send off. All of these things woulld of been worked out first.

I think that’s the major thing to take away from the Snyder Cut happening is that now forget what you thought was logical cause it ain’t. There’s so much that has been revealed like the whys of certain things happening, including more to Affleck leaving Batman than we actually may have thought. The doors are open now.

It's a whole new world. A new fantastic point of view. With no one to tell us no or where to go.

This whole thing happened because AT&T mandated it happen so who's to say they won't tell everybody they own again (DC/WB) to make some more like it?

This whole thing happened because AT&T mandated it happen so who's to say they won't tell everybody they own again (DC/WB) to make some more like it?
Agreed. The game has changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"