Justice League Ranking the Zack Snyder Trilogy

Justice League 7/10
Man of Steel 7/10
BvS 1/10 (to be honest I wouldn't even give it a one but Ill be nice.)

I am you and you are me. There's nothing more for me to add. Good post. The 5-arc Snyderverse would have been the most ambitious and unique way of comic book storytelling that would have stood the test of time on its very own 2 feet in an Avengers world. WB ****ed up.

In process of doing what he was doing he was shooting WB in the foot. That's the part none of you seem to get. Snyder said it him self.

“I couldn’t be happier. It doesn’t sting for me at all. Those movies are cool, and they’re really well-made and excellent. But “BvS,” love it or hate it, it’s probably the most mentioned movie in hashtags and references. It’s the closest thing to a cult film that could exist at this level of pop culture.” Zack Snyder

“Am I a provocateur? A little bit. Is my job to make some pop-culture piece of candy that you eat and forget about the next day? Nah. I would rather [expletive] you up in a movie than make it nice and pretty for everybody. Let’s be frank, there’s no cult of “Aquaman.” Jason is a force of nature, and by all means, I want there to be 100 “Aquaman” movies because he’s an awesome guy. But it’s not controversial. And I have purposely, because I love it, made the movies difficult.” Zack Snyder

What you guys and Snyder doesn't get is that is a terrible mentality to go in to a comic book franchise with. I'll explain why he is wrong and why you guys are wrong. The idea is to build a franchise that virtually every one will love. Maybe the Marvel films aren't the most in depth films of our time. Yes they have their flaws. However the general public loves the Marvel Universe and how they connect with one another. They love how Disney is expanding off them and making the Universe bigger.

This is the part that makes you guys and Snyder wrong. Disney has done such a good job roping in the public and making block buster films that there merchandising has gone through the roof. This is where the real money is. Why do you think Lucas secured the merchandising rights to star wars. He knew then that was where money would be. Not only was he right but turned to make a killing off of it because Star wars did better then he though it would. WB hasn't had this kind of success not like it should have this because of the films have been more of a miss then a hit.

It doesn't just stop with merchandising. It effects comic book sales too. As Marvel Universe took off so did comic book sells. People who never really gave much though about getting in to comics where suddenly flocking to comic book stores and buying up comics. WB hasn't had that kind of success. That is what there trying to change. The question is will they learn from their mistakes.

Personally I don't think they have and I think there gone keep screw up and drag DC universe through the mud but that's just my opinion.

In process of doing what he was doing he was shooting WB in the foot. That's the part none of you seem to get. Snyder said it him self.

“I couldn’t be happier. It doesn’t sting for me at all. Those movies are cool, and they’re really well-made and excellent. But “BvS,” love it or hate it, it’s probably the most mentioned movie in hashtags and references. It’s the closest thing to a cult film that could exist at this level of pop culture.” Zack Snyder

“Am I a provocateur? A little bit. Is my job to make some pop-culture piece of candy that you eat and forget about the next day? Nah. I would rather [expletive] you up in a movie than make it nice and pretty for everybody. Let’s be frank, there’s no cult of “Aquaman.” Jason is a force of nature, and by all means, I want there to be 100 “Aquaman” movies because he’s an awesome guy. But it’s not controversial. And I have purposely, because I love it, made the movies difficult.” Zack Snyder

What you guys and Snyder doesn't get is that is a terrible mentality to go in to a comic book franchise with. I'll explain why he is wrong and why you guys are wrong. The idea is to build a franchise that virtually every one will love. Maybe the Marvel films aren't the most in depth films of our time. Yes they have their flaws. However the general public loves the Marvel Universe and how they connect with one another. They love how Disney is expanding off them and making the Universe bigger.

This is the part that makes you guys and Snyder wrong. Disney has done such a good job roping in the public and making block buster films that there merchandising has gone through the roof. This is where the real money is. Why do you think Lucas secured the merchandising rights to star wars. He knew then that was where money would be. Not only was he right but turned to make a killing off of it because Star wars did better then he though it would. WB hasn't had this kind of success not like it should have this because of the films have been more of a miss then a hit.

It doesn't just stop with merchandising. It effects comic book sales too. As Marvel Universe took off so did comic book sells. People who never really gave much though about getting in to comics where suddenly flocking to comic book stores and buying up comics. WB hasn't had that kind of success. That is what there trying to change. The question is will they learn from their mistakes.

Personally I don't think they have and I think there gone keep screw up and drag DC universe through the mud but that's just my opinion.
So we're wrong for being fans? Lol ok

I agree with you on a lot of things in this post, but you completely lost me with the part about fans being wrong for liking something. No one should ever feel bad about liking one of these movies or the directors who make them. Its all subjective.

Now that Zack Snyder’s Justice League is out and we’ve all had a chance to digest it, this thread is to show how you would rank the three movies and act as sort of a retrospective on this “Superman Trilogy” as a whole.

For me:

1) Man of Steel: for me, this is Zack’s absolute best film. A movie that was judged too harshly at the time and really is an emotional and epicly thrilling Superman movie.

2) Zack Snyder’s Justice League: while Man of Steel is Zacks best movie in my opinion, this is his most ambitious, most crowd pleasing one. A little too long with the runtime and a little too indulgent in places but all in all Zack succeeds in making a big, crazy fun LOTR sized superhero epic. I cohld see myself rewatching this one many many times.

3) Batman v Superman: Ultimate Edition. I just rewatched this today and this is a Hell of a movie. I can plainly see why this was maligned; up until the Doomsday fight, this movie is a tough watch. Its dark, brooding and relentlessly somber and Snyder really puts Superman through the ringer. The main title fight is not fun or exciting or exhilarating, its down, dirty and brutal as Snyder forces you to watch everyone’s favorite Dark Knight ruthlessly dismantle everyones favorite boyscout. But I still contend that this movie has incredible acting, mood, atmosphere and action filmmaking on display even if the script gets a little wonky in places.

What’re yall rankings?

i rank this exactly the same way.

zsjl has huge rewatchability - but the lack of superman keeps it below mos for me.

mos is probably still my favorite zack snyder movie.

bvs: ue has the best story of the three, imo.

but zsjl is filled with so much cool dc fan service moments i would rank it above bvs.

Justice League

7/10

Too long, but emotionally satisfying and fleshed out.

Man of Steel

6/10

Gripping drama devolves into an extended destructionfest.

Batman v Superman

4/10

Easily the worst in the trilogy. A semi-decent Batman flick is framed against a horrible Superman film, with a plot that is edited out of coherence. But hey, it paved the way for a good justice league movie, so that makes it almost worth it.

1. MOS
the best one. one thing i will change is the pa kent death. cant help but roll my eyes at that scene just poorly written and edited imo. great fights, good start for the franchise. needed more color. great musical score
7/10

2.ZSJL
A good movie with story issues. still fun. visually way too dark and the muted colors. poor music, i don't remember the score at all. have never said that for a ZS movie before. movie is way too long
7/10

3.BvS
just poor in almost everyway. still has a great performance from Affleck, thats the biggest positive. poor story, poor action for a ZS film. warehouse saves it in that regard. decent musical score
3/10

1) ZSJL
Not too long. That criticism only holds for theatrical commercial considerations not from an actual fan perspective. The movie is tight and works as a streamed movie just fine. Pause it and go for a walk when like. LOL

It flows fine and actually could have been even longer in some scenes perhaps integrating Martian Manhunter to set up his scene as Martha moreso or maybe also introducing the creation of the motherboxes in Wonder Woman's narration to get more of a sense on what they were as well as what these parademons were and more of an explanation on Superman's black suit and why Cyborg's defense system went haywire. Yes, could have been longer even.

This wasn't a theatrical release.

8.5/10

2) MoS
The ending felt like typical 3rd act ending but liked at least Zod not getting swallowed back up in the phantom zone. A bit of expository dialogue with Faora cringe how placed and yes the pa kent scene didn't play well but otherwise a solid film.

7.5/10

3) BvS Extended Cut
I felt the 3rd act with Doomsday was crammed in. Martha scene could have been done different but I can get passed it as explained in another post so not going to backtrack. I felt this movie needed a longer streamed version. LOL. It is good though overall.

7/10

My 10 point scale I will give it 10 if I like and little room for nitpick. I will keep it above 5.5 if I like it. But 7 is cutoff point for being what I consider top level.

Last edited:
I won’t rank it because looking back, if we really treat it as a trilogy, it’s all so f***ing different :funny:

MOS is a sci-fi origin with one of the best of the best scores in CBM history and amazing action and cast

BvS UE is a political thriller examining the actions of superheroes and how the people and media perceive them.

It has great un-superhero like opening, great scores like a beautiful lie, is she with you, WW’s first cinematic appearance, a trinity battle, thoughtful dialogues written by a recent Oscar winner, and I was literally swirling in my seats in the opening battle, I was like, I was getting a heart attack over a 27% tomatoes film? F the tomatoes

ZSJL was a MOS like sci-fi adventure but with a team with proper backstories, slow burning alien invasion film that is emotional with great performances, a proper team work film similar to X-Men, haunting images and teases, and the climax probably is the best of the 3, maybe one of the best of the best, taking its place among the Marvel ones :funny:

The only thing is I I felt like running a marathon after watching it

One good thing about the trilogy is that it's self-contained, just watch those 3 movies, no need to watch any of the other DCEU movies, like Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad or Aquaman.

I won’t rank it because looking back, if we really treat it as a trilogy, it’s all so f***ing different :funny:

MOS is a sci-fi origin with one of the best of the best scores in CBM history and amazing action and cast

BvS UE is a political thriller examining the actions of superheroes and how the people and media perceive them.

It has great un-superhero like opening, great scores like a beautiful lie, is she with you, WW’s first cinematic appearance, a trinity battle, thoughtful dialogues written by a recent Oscar winner, and I was literally swirling in my seats in the opening battle, I was like, I was getting a heart attack over a 27% tomatoes film? F the tomatoes

ZSJL was a MOS like sci-fi adventure but with a team with proper backstories, slow burning alien invasion film that is emotional with great performances, a proper team work film similar to X-Men, haunting images and teases, and the climax probably is the best of the 3, maybe one of the best of the best, taking its place among the Marvel ones :funny:

Try going for a run with the SnyderVerse soundtracks playing, it's great.

1. Justice League-Too long and self-indulgent but far more coherent and satisfying than the Joss Whedon version.

2. Man of Steel-Some good performances and ideas but it strays too far into blockbuster mediocrity.

3. Batman v Superman-Just a joyless slog redeemed somewhat by Ben Affleck and Jeremy Irons.

It’s even worse if you use the score from the bomb chase scene in TDKR :funny:

The part where they “Ishi ishi!! Asa Asa!!” X 5 in speed? :funny:

When the cop pulls me over, me -

KRpNb8.gif

ZSJL 8.5/10
BVS: UE 6.5/10
MOS 5.5/10

The part where they “Ishi ishi!! Asa Asa!!” X 5 in speed? :funny:

When the cop pulls me over, me -

KRpNb8.gif
That scene is unbelievable. I can’t believe that made it into the movie.

I know it’s not the “worst” Batman movie, but for me it’s the least enjoyable, and the one I have rewatched the least. The Schumacher films are objectively worse but way more fun to watch.

I know it’s not the “worst” Batman movie, but for me it’s the least enjoyable, and the one I have rewatched the least. The Schumacher films are objectively worse but way more fun to watch.

I gotta admit i rewatched TDKR a couple months ago for the first time in a while and it did not hold up well for me.

That death scene you say is so bad, It's just one scene and it's not even five seconds long. What is that compared to basically every performance in Batman & Robin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"